• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
terrible or not, it was better than yours cause it was correct,

the point was that there was no change. so there is no change.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
"I'm right cuz I'm right"

No man, one doesn't hold a PR position indefinitely. We agreed to do it seasonally, meaning that it's time to update the PR. It is silly to say "nothing has changed". If you mean "we don't have anything to base the new PR on so we ought to keep the old one as a precedent", then I agree. But what I was saying is that we -should- try to make opportunity to base the PR off more recent results. That's why I agreed to do a MM with Tony! It was just his comment of "risking" "his" position that surprised me. I don't mean anything more than that.

Michael, I didn't mean that based off one post. You're a fun guy in person but the manner in which you post just throws me off! And I believe it is often in opposition of SWF posting guidelines, that's all. :p

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
Michael, I didn't mean that based off one post. You're a fun guy in person but the manner in which you post just throws me off! And I believe it is often in opposition of SWF posting guidelines, that's all. :p
yesterday....... all my troubles seem so farrr awayyy

now it looks as though there here to stay... ohhhh i believe in yesterdayy

suddenly... im not half the man i used to be .. there's a shadow hanging overrr mee

ohhh yesterdayyy came suuuddenly

dieslow

Smash Ace
lol how can we go from doing $20 mms to $10 mms for PR? fak that shiet, the precedent has been set.

Plus we only did those MM's cause it was stalemate.. if we have a tourney we wont be stalemated and thusly i do not need to do any MM's for anything unless its $20+ =P

(eric help me out here)

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
I dont think the amount of MM's should determine position. Cause a MM just means that its serious stuff happening.
Nothing BIG has happened but a lot of stuff has happened. Also just because the "Top 3" are doing MM's its not a clear statement of who is better. Its just showing who is better between 3 people only and not against other players. BUT I think Tony saying he doesnt want $10MM and rather keep his spot is a pansy way of trying to hold onto a spot. The MM is just to show what player is capable of what not something like "Oh I beat you in 1 MM I take 1st"

But as of late I think IMO that its still Tony > Manuel >= Eric. Just basing of last time I played all 3. But I havent played Tony since "John started playing seriously again" as people say. Although I dont think I improved at all.
Last time I played Tony was at Eric's tourney and I think he gave me the hardest time.
Manuel has been beating me more then he beats me but I think I give him the business from time to time.
Eric and I have been beating each other left and right in several tourneys.

As for Ryan and myself I think most people would agree that I have taken the 4th spot.

Patooty

Smash Ace
The thing is, $10 is not something to make someone play so seriously. In general, the smash community is poor, so this works. But take a step back, and $10 is a small amount of money.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
lol how can we go from doing $20 mms to $10 mms for PR? fak that shiet, the precedent has been set.

Plus we only did those MM's cause it was stalemate.. if we have a tourney we wont be stalemated and thusly i do not need to do any MM's for anything unless its $20+ =P

(eric help me out here)
That's right. But we haven't had any tournaments in between to use instead. It's not as though I can conjure up a tournament real fast, but a MM doesn't take to long to plan -- just a smashfest and some recording!

Precedents are set because in law, it is fair to treat similar cases similarly. In PR, how much money is being bet doesn't have anything to do with how much was bet before. I'm not even sure if your post was a joke-post or not, or whether to take you seriously.

Either way, I don't really feel good wagering too much money, because I don't feel it's being responsible financially. I'm no longer interested in using a MM to help settle the PR though, because apparently it has to be a complicated thing... I don't mind waiting for the next tournament, but this PR is currently defunct until then.

I dont think the amount of MM's should determine position. Cause a MM just means that its serious stuff happening.
Nothing BIG has happened but a lot of stuff has happened. Also just because the "Top 3" are doing MM's its not a clear statement of who is better. Its just showing who is better between 3 people only and not against other players. BUT I think Tony saying he doesnt want $10MM and rather keep his spot is a pansy way of trying to hold onto a spot. The MM is just to show what player is capable of what not something like "Oh I beat you in 1 MM I take 1st"

But as of late I think IMO that its still Tony > Manuel >= Eric. Just basing of last time I played all 3. But I havent played Tony since "John started playing seriously again" as people say. Although I dont think I improved at all.
Last time I played Tony was at Eric's tourney and I think he gave me the hardest time.
Manuel has been beating me more then he beats me but I think I give him the business from time to time.
Eric and I have been beating each other left and right in several tourneys.

As for Ryan and myself I think most people would agree that I have taken the 4th spot.
I agree with just about everything you said. Thanks for being clear, John.
The thing is, $10 is not something to make someone play so seriously. In general, the smash community is poor, so this works. But take a step back, and $10 is a small amount of money.
I don't think that's really relevant. It's not only a mm, it's a PR match. I mean, if you need a certain amount of money on the line before you decide you want to play seriously, I think that's just silly! We have a phrase, in case someone who thinks like that loses: "no johns".

;P not sure what you're getting at here, Tiep.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Hmmm... I'm only saying that putting money on a match won't make it hold as much value to some people than it does to others. If I MM'd you for 1cent, it wouldn't mean anything to either of us. How about 2 cents? 5? 50? There's some point where it goes from not mattering to mattering, and you can't assume because you care, that the other person will as well.

Anyways, I think an update at this point is unwarranted. IMO we should wait for the next tournament. You might be able to have your PR match, but this is an entire PR update, not a top3 update.

dieslow

Smash Ace
quit hating and wait till next tourney. i know ur eager to get this updated and be #1, but just because we haven't had a tourney this season doesn't make this thread 'defunct'.

and since u don't want to play me for higher stakes $10 is fine and i accept anyways lolo. (ban FD obv)

random opinions:
sion is goot against spacies, idk if he can beat peach/sheik/marth though.
john outclasses us all in doubles but is countered by fox in singles
manuels top notch at powershielding but is not very consistent in performance/chokes/w.e.
adam is good at abusing drugs + sometimes crazy with falcon
tiep is good at countering manuel's posts lolo
ryan has the weirdest fox that works
jack has kept melee alive in bc for the longest time and his efforts are not rewarded enough
roby needs to come to a tourney

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
quit hating and wait till next tourney. i know ur eager to get this updated and be #1, but just because we haven't had a tourney this season doesn't make this thread 'defunct'.

and since u don't want to play me for higher stakes $10 is fine and i accept anyways lolo. (ban FD obv)

random opinions:
manuels top notch at powershielding but is not very consistent in performance/chokes/w.e.
jack has kept melee alive in bc for the longest time and his efforts are not rewarded enough
Dude, you need to come to a tourney lol, I've been to like the past 3-4 SFU ones. And played for stats in all of them.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord

random opinions:
Dude, you need to come to a tourney lol, I've been to like the past 3-4 SFU ones. And played for stats in all of them.

Nobody is even arguing, it's just manuel wall of texts, and tonys one liner responses to them. Nothing new. LOL pr what a joke... I feel embarrased for the people who vigorously debate how good everyone is. Just play the **** game and win.

I'm not saying people take the game to seriously, or w/e casual gamers say. Just saying the whole "I'm 1'st, you're 10th" thing is getting really old, and redundent.

EDIT: Ignore everything i just posted.

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
lol silly adam, if he really wanted us to ignore everything he said, he would've just erased everything he typed

Michael_BluFalco

Smash Journeyman
Ya.. who cares about 1st and last.. the pro's are there to win your money! and money is what really matters in competition! and of course a little bit of recognition = ) everybody wants to be noticed and acknowledged at least once in their life time.

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
Ya.. who cares about 1st and last.. the pro's are there to win your money! and money is what really matters in competition! and of course a little bit of recognition = ) everybody wants to be noticed and acknowledged at least once in their life time.
I'm clearly not here for the money. Every tournament I attend, I end up losing. I'm here for the competition and recognition.

Top Bottom