• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Sion do a MM irl with tiep

you got this
IRL? As in...real life? How else would they have a melee money match? ONLINE!??!?! WTF MELEE ONLINE EEEEWWWW!!!!

Other soon competitors for the BC PR ;)

Will
Vincent ( I can see him doing really well soon! )
bh wilfred (that marth player from Richmond... I haven't played him a long time though..)
Keith does alright sometimes... :p
Gamepro88 maybe?
Dynamism someday for sure ;)
Bwmat (just needs to stop choking..)
Rusty (He's getting a lot better I think! )
I'm probably forgetting some people but BC is too good! =D
Will is sex :p
Vincent ***** already, just has Brawl tech skill
What ever happened to AIDS?
Gamepro ***** stats
Ew Okanagan rep gay get that out here!
DK CHOKE CHOKE
Bout time rust
kaelen, howard, maybe francis...
Okanagan is gtfo half OOS lol

I personally think we could do a top 15.. but more people need to be active ;)
THIS
Be more active...15 people lol

I think BC is almost active enough for a top 15 if not just active enough.
THIS
Be more active...15 people lol

Diakonos

Smash Lord
This thread is a mess.

I'll take a MM for 1st, say, $10? I believe Eric is a contender as well. From what I hear from people who go to SFU smashfests, John is hella good too!

I believe Sion is very good, but imo not better than Tiep. But Tiep is very good but imo not better than Sion. MONEY MATCH YAYAY.

Top 15 isn't feasible at this moment, but if we were better about having regular tournaments, I could see it happening. Tony, you haven't done anything to prove anything since those mm! What makes you think you're tha best, *****? Lol.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Ummm.... I beat Sion heads up. I don't see the point of MM'ing when the argument for him is that he does better against others. Why don't we just wait and see who performs better in a tournament?

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
mike needs to stop being annoying,

jack.. you make it sound like WE HAVE to go out to sfu just cause you tell us to, you make it sound like we owe some sort of obligation... i know you've been hosting a lot of stuff for us and dnt wanna discredit you for anything but its kinda annoying that you do that so much...
We actually have a life outside of smash. Anyways sorry for that..

i think tiep is above sion, but doesnt matter at this point lol.
and everyones also on putting john above so no objections there.

but i do suggest we have another get together before we update.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I choke so bad. I think last smashfest I had like 1.5 sd's/match average

but then again I always kill myself, not just during mm/tourney/stats

</johns>

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
Ummm.... I beat Sion heads up. I don't see the point of MM'ing when the argument for him is that he does better against others. Why don't we just wait and see who performs better in a tournament?
Does that mean no MM? I'm sure it's easy money if you beat me heads up ;)

edit: jk, i see what you mean. I'm not trying to invade your spot without good reason, it's just that people say that i should stop sitting idly without saying anything. Waiting for the next tournament before me moving/staying would be a good idea.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
It's not even johns, it's just me showing how stupid the power rankings is, just a bunch of biased opininons mixed in and people playing favorites.

unityole

Smash Lord

jack.. you make it sound like WE HAVE to go out to sfu just cause you tell us to, you make it sound like we owe some sort of obligation... i know you've been hosting a lot of stuff for us and dnt wanna discredit you for anything but its kinda annoying that you do that so much...

but i do suggest we have another get together before we update.
to me its just disapointing to see people dont really care much about smash,i knew i host at bad time and its chirstmas also last month of the year which is kind of dum but im a hardcore gamer and when i get into things i want it big, and i see ur point of me being annoying if thats the case i would take a step back.

then theres also couple of others which i havent seen in months like yakal tim james mrlegend vince wilfred francis and matts from victoria. them quitting smash thats probably not true, but then thats how a game slowly dies.

i would know this cause i play many games at competitive level, not just smash. and i have seen too much of it already

I'll take a MM for 1st, say, $10? I believe Eric is a contender as well. From what I hear from people who go to SFU smashfests, John is hella good too!
i would see John in the MM for 1st, but that is for him to decide, Eric should also be in it too

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
It's not even johns, it's just me showing how stupid the power rankings is, just a bunch of biased opininons mixed in and people playing favorites.
Lol Roby it's not as bad as you make it sound. There is a little bias here and there but eventually we come to somewhat of an agreement and if you ask me I think the list has been pretty accurate in the past.

Also, I'm coming to SFU today. What time you gunna be there roby?

unityole

Smash Lord
Lol Roby it's not as bad as you make it sound. There is a little bias here and there but eventually we come to somewhat of an agreement and if you ask me I think the list has been pretty accurate in the past.

me and roby at sfu burnaby right now, hes gonna go home for christmas dinner tonight though.

kenny host a smashfest soon?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
This thread is a mess. MONEY MATCH YAYAY.
This and this ^ :D

Just because you come to something you all agree with doesn't mean the bias isn't still there. That's simply blind redundance, don't compare bias and concensus equals.
:D
to me its just disapointing to see people dont really care much about smash,i knew i host at bad time and its chirstmas also last month of the year which is kind of dum but im a hardcore gamer and when i get into things i want it big, and i see ur point of me being annoying if thats the case i would take a step back.

then theres also couple of others which i havent seen in months like yakal tim james mrlegend vince wilfred francis and matts from victoria. them quitting smash thats probably not true, but then thats how a game slowly dies.

i would know this cause i play many games at competitive level, not just smash. and i have seen too much of it already

i would see John in the MM for 1st, but that is for him to decide, Eric should also be in it too
Who said anything about quitting? We're just not in Vancouver XD

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

Just because you come to something you all agree with doesn't mean the bias isn't still there. That's simply blind redundance, don't compare bias and concensus equals.
:D

Who said anything about quitting? We're just not in Vancouver XD
Don't put words in my mouth. I said "SOMEWHAT" of an agreement. Of course it's not going to be perfect. v__v

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I don't quite have as much coin as I did before. I feel okay doing $10, is that fine? I mean, it's not as your spot is guaranteed, you haven't done anything, and this PR is officially inadequate, since we're now in the winter!

I like how it was recorded and stuff last time, can we do that again? =]

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Don't put words in my mouth. I said "SOMEWHAT" of an agreement. Of course it's not going to be perfect. v__v
Somewhat, none, or all, agreement
=/=
bias

They aren't related. No words were put in your mouth, you just repeated what I said. My post had a simple message, which is just pointing out that bias is not agreement. <_< lol

I like how it was recorded and stuff last time, can we do that again? =]
Yes!

dieslow

Smash Ace
how is my spot not guaranteed? nothing has changed, i dont need to do shiet.

im not willing to offer my spot on PR for just $10.. its worth $20+.

im sure u can come up with another $10 from getting 2nd in singles or something LOL

what do i owe u $20 for john..? ill MM u for it double or nothing ?

Diakonos

Smash Lord

im sure u can come up with another $10 from getting 2nd in singles or something LOL

That's hilarious, Tony. It's not "your spot", it's a position that's revised and determined periodically, far from "belonging" to anyone.

That's like saying "well guys, I won the beauty pageant last year, why would I enter another beauty pageant and possibly give up my spot lulz"

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
"That's like saying "well guys, I won the beauty pageant last year, why would I enter another beauty pageant and possibly give up my spot lulz"

that would work if there was a tourney and tony said he won last time so he'll just take the prize money without playing.

but its not that... and its more like,

tony has 4 dollars
manuel has 3 dollars
eric has 2 dollars

2 months later..

tony has 4 dollars
manuel has 3 dollars
eric has 2 dollars.

nothing changed so why should tony risk his spot ?

but anyways. thats why we need to have another tourney or smashfest or something where everyone is there... so there CAN be a change lol.

the guys in my picture are oompaloompas!

Patooty

Smash Ace
Why so gung-ho about MMs for PR positions, guys? Remember how last-resort it was last time? .....i guess once a precedent is set, people will accept it as such -_______-

unityole

Smash Lord
need a proper pool to bracket settings to determine the spots with most accuracy

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

nam scam!

"That's like saying "well guys, I won the beauty pageant last year, why would I enter another beauty pageant and possibly give up my spot lulz"

that would work if there was a tourney and tony said he won last time so he'll just take the prize money without playing.

but its not that... and its more like,

tony has 4 dollars
manuel has 3 dollars
eric has 2 dollars

2 months later..

tony has 4 dollars
manuel has 3 dollars
eric has 2 dollars.

nothing changed so why should tony risk his spot ?

but anyways. thats why we need to have another tourney or smashfest or something where everyone is there... so there CAN be a change lol.

the guys in my picture are oompaloompas!
LMFAO I love how you pointed that out at the end XD

EDIT: I ****ing won $20 on a scratch and win!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I'm the 3rd most beautiful in BC! ;)

haha well lets have another tournament then! I will host one in January at my house on the 30th sound good?

EDIT: Actually theres a tournament at UBC again on January 30th.. so let's settle it there?

Here's the link!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9167116&posted=1#post9167116

I hope more people can come this time! I will drive people who are on my route to UBC! ;)

unityole

Smash Lord
I'm the 3rd most beautiful in BC! ;)

haha well lets have another tournament then! I will host one in January at my house on the 30th sound good?

EDIT: Actually theres a tournament at SFU again on January 30th.. so let's settle it there?

http://www.sfu.ca/~yjt/smash/short.htm

I hope more people can come this time! I will drive people who are on my route to SFU! ;)
now that will happen

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Why so gung-ho about MMs for PR positions, guys? Remember how last-resort it was last time? .....i guess once a precedent is set, people will accept it as such -_______-
Lol Tiep, if MM were excluded, the PR might look a bit different. I would prefer solid tournament results over MM, but we haven't really had one. =[. I think MM's distort rankings because character/style counters aren't taken into consideration. BUT THEY ARE SO MUCH FUN AND WE GET VIDEOS!
but there has been no beauty pageant since the update so i guess im still the beautifulest?
Lol, I'm asking you to join a beauty pageant for $10, but you said no! You said you weren't willing to "risk [your] spot" for it! Do you see how silly that sounds?

Ryan, stick to double-jump backairing. Your analogies are terrible; you cannot quantify "performance" and stick it in a piggy bank and say that it is the same a few months later. Besides, to distort your own analogy, let's say tony has 4 dollars, Eric has 2 Euros, and I have 3 mexican pesos (for the lulz). The value of each currency may change!

Top Bottom