• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
I quit for real last time... just Shirley wanted me to wear the shirt she made me at least once. Tony, MM? Let's say $10, best of 7 or so? Just so we have some matches up?

Zero_P

Smash Ace
I think that you definitely overlooked Yakal, Adam.

First, I should be off the list.

Next, I think Adam above Ryan.
Next, I think sextreme and tiep are very very close. In terms of performance, I think Roby has been performing better for some time. Correct me empirically if you think otherwise.
Evan vs Tim is hard. It is my opinion that Tim is slightly better, and that once people get used to a good jiggs, performance on Evan's end might be more difficult, BUT I haven't seen Tim since CAST, and few people saw him play there. All I know is that Evan ***** in doubles with Adam, and did very well in Singles, at least until he decided to play Jigglypuff against me. 4th place, and beating someone who is ranked 5th in our current ranking has to say something.

I have not seen Sion play very much, although I did see him do well in doubles. Yakal is quite good. Keith is (imo) no doubt on the PR, anyone who's played matches with him will tell you. In fact, why not ask Tiep, since he is a panelist and played him in tournament? Matt and Nathan have always been good, they just choke like dogs on golden meatballs. Unfortunately, according to the front page, tournament performance is part of it.

IMO
1) Tony
2) Adam
3) Ryan
4) Roby
5) Tiep
6) Evan
7) Tim
8) Matt
9) Keith
10) Sion/Yakal/Nathan

Only, it doesn't make a bit of difference guys. Eric's GONE remember? The PR is inert.
I lol'd so freaking hard at this you don't even know. an internet meme that isn't played out/stupid good god it works so well lol

This should be put on the front page in big bolded letters

dieslow

Smash Ace
I quit for real last time... just Shirley wanted me to wear the shirt she made me at least once. Tony, MM? Let's say $10, best of 7 or so? Just so we have some matches up?

i'd accept but we all know MM's made on the forums never follow through lol.

"First, I should be off the list." -manuel

gg's man. i knew i'd win the PR war =]

yakal deserves recognition, but i dont think he deserves 10th though. too many other people would be better for 10th imo.

whos eric?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Most people seem to think I should be above tiep, And I don't see why not. If he started becoming more active then that probably wouldn't be the case.

But the PR isn't judged that way, or else there'd be a few people who should be on it.

Patooty

Smash Ace
yeah... as far as many people's definition of "quitting smash" goes, I've already been in quit-status for a while now, lol. I don't call it quitting though, it's a game and I'll play it when I feel like. And now, I feel like again.

So in the words of Jay-Z...

Nigga I'm home on these charts, y'all niggaz visitin

dieslow

Smash Ace
yea. saying u "quit" is pretty drastic. can u honestly say ur never going to play melee again? its too good of a game.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I'm siding with Manuels list it's very accurate especially 8-10.

1) Tony
2) Adam
3) Ryan
4) Roby
5) Tiep
6) Evan
7) Tim
8) Matt
9) Keith
10) Sion/Yakal

Except

- Sion should for now, be over Yakal, They are even IMO. It's just people haven't learned to fight link well enough.

- Manbear needs to stay on.

So my list would be

1] Tony
2] Manuel
3] Adam
4] Ryan
5] Me
6] Tiep
7] Evan
8] Tim
9] Keith/Matt?
10] Sion/Yakal

Patooty

Smash Ace
Hmm.. My opinion on Keith since I've been called upon to give it:

Keith plays Samus, who I know quite well. Keith has gotten better, but to be honest, I can't say by how much. This is because I know Samus' matchups. So when I play Keith, I just pick Marth. Marth demolishes Samus, so the only thing I really gather when playing Keith, is a re-affirmation that Marth destroys Samus.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi

Keith plays Samus, who I know quite well. Keith has gotten better, but to be honest, I can't say by how much. This is because I know Samus' matchups. So when I play Keith, I just pick Marth. Marth demolishes Samus, so the only thing I really gather when playing Keith, is a re-affirmation that Marth destroys Samus.
Lack of a good secondary can be detrimental to one's success.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Lack of a main does that too, look at that James guy! ****ing noob uses weegee in tourney cause he thinks weegee's funny even though he's better with other characters and not very good with that not very good character. Stuborn ***. Then uses Random cause it's stupid. ****ing noob.

AIDS

Smash Lord

I thank you for your coments but most of our match's end up you winning on last stock.
So unless you have sand bag tournament johns the "destroys part" does not stick out to well in the match up. Last tournament I SD'd I think 2 times at low % and I still got you down to one stock. So unless you are sand bagging, then the Marth Destroying Samus assurance I don't see so much in our matches.:ohwell:

Metà

Smash Master
Well, maybe you should like, actually beat his Marth then? No johns, he beat you. Maybe not destroyed, but I only saw the last part of the last match.

Sanu

Smash Champion
all of your mothers are ugly.
That was uncalled for Adnan D=

<3Meta, get #1 =D

Edit: Aww, you guys are so cute arguing amongst yourselfs. Be like EC and abstain from power rankings! ABSTINENCE! ABSTINENCE! ABSTINENCE!

We're one big gay happy family now.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
:chuckle:Only, it doesn't make a bit of difference guys. Eric's GONE remember? The PR is inert.

I love you guys hahaha :chuckle:
I can't wait to show you my moves :). I also can't wait to dominate an entire province in smash. I hope some OOP's come. I want to prove myself!

I can't LOSE! I've come so far and accomplished so much! You all laugh now, but some day i'll be the next hokage! I'll show ALL of you! Don't underestimate me!!!

lol, anyways. Tomorrow im gunna sit down and actually make an accurate list for the new PR which we should really try to figure out within the next week. Facebook, panelists?

AIDS

Smash Lord
No SD johns lol.

I don't even count/remember/care about SD'ing in my matches.
Not SD johns. I was just mentioning even with the fact I SD'd, and I recall all the matches were still one stock. So saying that our matches highlight Marth owning samus doesn't really apear in my eyes when they were all one stock. SD's on my side just add that there is a free stock and it still was a one stock match.

He 2-0'd me still. But both were one stalk. Just thought I would point that out.

Patooty

Smash Ace
Okay, then I apologize. All my matches are close. It's funner that way. Even if I lose.

Saying that you can SD twice and still make 1 stock matches implies that your Samus is only slightly less than 2x better than my Marth.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Not SD johns. I was just mentioning even with the fact I SD'd, and I recall all the matches were still one stock. So saying that our matches highlight Marth owning samus doesn't really apear in my eyes when they were all one stock. SD's on my side just add that there is a free stock and it still was a one stock match.

He 2-0'd me still. But both were one stalk. Just thought I would point that out.
He was never trying to prove Marth counters Samus, just that knowing Marth counters Samus makes it easy for him to win against Samus, which means he doesn't necessarily have to try as hard, so taking a match down to one stock isn't even really a risk. I wouldn't be surprised if you played ten straight matches and had them all go down to 1 stock with Tiep winning because Marth really does **** Samus, but that doesn't mean he has to.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Okay, then I apologize. All my matches are close. It's funner that way. Even if I lose.

Saying that you can SD twice and still make 1 stock matches implies that your Samus is only slightly less than 2x better than my Marth.
I am pretty sure that is not an accurate assumption.

Evan: my phones auto spell is causing that. Sorry if it is a big deal.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
The PR discussion. Oh man.

No, I'm off. I spent many many hours on Saturday playing smash with Sion and some of the WestVan guys (remember kyuukyuu and emubreath?). In fact, if they actually showed up and played more often, or played with each other more often, 8-10 oughta watch out.

I stick with my original list. Except Sion for sure. And while playing friendlies with Matt, I see he is good but I never really get that feeling during tournaments. IMO Sion > Matt. And it's not just that people don't know how to play against Link (I do, for one), it's just that his link is freaking good, and he has secondaries like Falco and Marth to back him up. It's a no brainer. He almost beat me at the minitourney in West van on saturday. Sion is THE bohemian rapesody.

I don't know why people always negate Keith's accomplishments. Look at his placings... look how he does compared to Matt, for example. Look at the people he can beat. I don't know how it's possible for you guys to be even considering taking him off altogether. It's pretty nonsense in my opinion. Have a round robin with spots 6-10 and maybe 4 other candidates and see how Keith does. Honestly, if someone doesn't like him, this person ought to just say so, beat him in tournament and continue on. None of this argumentum ad hominem business.

unityole

Smash Lord
Have a round robin with spots 6-10 and maybe 4 other candidates and see how Keith does. Honestly, if someone doesn't like him, this person ought to just say so, beat him in tournament and continue on. None of this argumentum ad hominem business.

good idea, but keith kinda inactive. i havent seen him for a long while. even if he played well at evan's tourney still not enough to say hes better than so n so. we all know hes busy but 1 day smashing just not enough to say hes better than someone even if he beats them say a set. but if he was to show up at a couple of smashfest and hes doing well constantly then you can say keiths good.

people can usually tell if someones being dum and tries to lose. that means when people play smash they are average good, even if they're not doing their best, their style of playing won't change much. their best and average good wont have a big difference.

he might have beaten matt/evan couple times b4 i saw their matches, but if he was to play a round robin from 6-10 + sion + quinn over a spam of say 50 games, the result might be different. this is why theres smashfest, games stack up overtime and show how well people do against one another. in this case keith got one of the least in number of games played, so i would say evan and matt is better than he, for now.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Clouderz, why don't you start a panel for a Brawl PR? You'll actually be on the list that way. lol

You, Tony, Yakal and Francis or something then come up with a PR. It's been almost a year. Gotta start somewhere, how about port moody? :\

unityole

Smash Lord
Clouderz, why don't you start a panel for a Brawl PR? You'll actually be on the list that way. lol

You, Tony, Yakal and Francis or something then come up with a PR. It's been almost a year. Gotta start somewhere, how about port moody? :\
hes not allowed, he missed the last couple of events.
he needs to come out more often, no johns man

Top Bottom