• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Yep. 9 >> 15th for me.

edit:// that's a Sunday? I'd prefer not Sunday, since I can't be there til EARLIEST 1:45. Is Saturday the 8th out of the question?

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
guys it's nearly 2011.......

what is the future of smash and the BC smash community...........

more or less the same crap eh?

edit: predictions

dieslow - will go to possibly THREE or less smash events this year
manuel - is gonna win a national
eric - will lose to me in money matches
adam - gonna falcon combo a spacie to 999%, completely destroying fox/falco from every melee copy there is.
yakal - will surpass everyone below top 5, IF HE PLAYED THIS GAME WITH MORE DEDICATION
sion/teczero - are gona start dating
mike - get all of BC banned from smashboards
myler - will continue to get my dota training, and **** at it
rest of coquitlim - continue sucking at smash

lol

that man is trying to take the escalator to 2011, but is failing hard at it.

Do you want to be like that ???????? yeah i didnt think so

booshk

Smash Lord
too bad he never posts :(

and u forgot
i am going to beat manuel in a money match
;)
YEAH IM CALLING U OUT! mm's every tourny lmao

gunna run out of 5 bills

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

adam - gonna falcon combo a spacie to 999%, completely destroying fox/falco from every melee copy there is.
yakal - will surpass everyone below top 5, IF HE PLAYED THIS GAME WITH MORE DEDICATION

lol

Roby what drugs/how much booze did you ingest before making this post?

too bad he never posts :(

and u forgot
i am going to beat manuel in a money match
;)
YEAH IM CALLING U OUT! mm's every tourny lmao

gunna run out of 5 bills
we gotta rm too. DOUBLE OR NOTHING on that $5 i owe you at next tourney Wes?

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao

lol

Oh I will...you'll see...you'll all see

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
I got results from the last 5 tournaments and in my opinion I think the PR should be...

1. Diakonos
2. Dieslow
3. Blunted_Object10
4. Sion
5. Daltsy
6. NoobKing
7. Get@Will
8. Meta
9. Bwmat
10. Tahsis

1. Diakonos should be first no question about that he got first every tournament he went to in singles and 1st in most tournaments in teams.

2. Dieslow I think he should be 2nd becase he beat Myself and Sion twice when Sion and I have beaten him only once in the last 5 tournaments...

3. Blunted_Object10 I put myself above Sion because I beat him 3 out of 5 tournaments. Where he has only beaten me once while playing each other in tournament.

4. Sion (refer to 3) Also Sion *****..

5. Daltsy everytime he comes to a tournament he gets 5th so yea

6. NoobKing every tournament he goes to he gets 5-7th in singles and does really well in teams with me getting 2nd almost every tournament.

7. Get@Will I was having trouble putting between Get@Will and Meta, but due to the past 5 tournaments he has placed higher in singles then Meta.

8. Meta (refer to 7) Also Meta has been very consistent in his placing between 7-9th and does very well in teams with Tahsis usually getting 3rd at almost every tournament.

9. Bwmat I put Bwmat over Tahsis because he's very consistent in his placing getting 9th at almost every tournament and placed over Tahsis twice in the last 5 tournaments with Tahsis only placing higher then Bwmat once in singles.

10. Tahsis I put Tahsis at 10th because he definitely deserves to be on the PR with him and Evan getting 3rd in teams and while he did place really poorly at our recent Hustle tournament he has been pretty consistent on his placing and even 1 tournament he got 5th place.

In conclusion some spots were really hard to decide and I decided based on 1v1 tournament placing. Players such as (Patooty, Cowear, RobyExtreme and Hitsugaya) have been taken off MY PR list because I think they are not active enough with only being in 1 tournament out of the last 5. Teams played a small part in deciding as well, but I personally don't think it should reflect on the PR that much. Anyways that's my PR IN MY OPINION please don't bash me and hate me for my opinion.. I know I have been in the past.. If you don't agree with my opinion just explain why and we can come to a better non-biased PR. =)

booshk

Smash Lord
can you post results from hustle 5 eric

edit my bad did not see

can i be in honorable mention at least
manuel said he'd put me back like during hustle 3 but he just never did LOL. c mon. : (

also eric for some people in like 7-10 you looked purely at results but not who they played but for you and sion you only looked at when you two played each other for placement? i don't know if you took into account you and sion's placement but yeah.. jus saying, maybe there's potential for people to argue against it :O

and lets make a tourny thread for next month guys find a venue 8)

SKidd

Smash Master
1. Sion
2. Sion
3. Sion
4. Sion
5. Sion
6. Sion
7. Sion
8. Sion
9. Diakonos
10. SKidd

sound good? :D

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Very good post, Eric. Thanks.

1. Diakonos
2. Blunted Object
3. Sion/Dieslow
4. Sion/Dieslow
5. Daltsy
6. Noobking

... the rest I agree with Eric.

Except

9. Tahsis
10. Bwmat

I agree about inactivity.

Sion has arped in doubles, I really haven't been carrying at all. I also think we have to remember that Sion was trying things out last tournament with Sheik. I'm not sure if that can legitimately come into consideration, though (it's your fault if you choose a bad character?).

If you want my opinion, though, it's Sion then Dieslow. I know it's debatable.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Very good post, Eric. Thanks.

1. Diakonos
2. Blunted Object
3. Sion/Dieslow
4. Sion/Dieslow
5. Daltsy
6. Noobking

... the rest I agree with Eric.

Except

9. Tahsis
10. Bwmat

I agree about inactivity.

Sion has arped in doubles, I really haven't been carrying at all. I also think we have to remember that Sion was trying things out last tournament with Sheik. I'm not sure if that can legitimately come into consideration, though (it's your fault if you choose a bad character?).

You can't really say that about character choice, it's the player's fault for choosing a particular character during tournament matches. Objectively, you only have 2 chances in tournament.. How you manage those 2 chances (or 2 losses) is the player's responsibility.

Wisdom is needed for stage and character selection when you are not fighting.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
9. Tahsis
10. Bwmat
Consistency is a pretty important aspect of being a smasher. If we're going by the past 5 tournaments (all the Hustles with the exception of Hustle IV since only top 3's results were posted), Bwmat has either outplaced Tahsis or tied with him, with the exception of Hustle II. Is there any reasoning for Tahsis to be above Bwmat? I'm just curious.

I agree with you, but I really wanna hear what you have to say about it. I know a lot of people are gonna agree and a lot will disagree, but I really do think that Sion ought to be 3rd. He's very, VERY consistent in his placings (always top 3 with the exception of one tournament) and is very active (not missing a single Hustle I believe).

I think Dieslow's kind of inactive, coming only to 2 big tournaments (does Hustle IV even count? LMAO). Although he always places top 3, I'm just concerned about his level of activity.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Hustle IV was like a smashfest tournament. That's why I'm not giving it much weighting.

I chose Tahsis above bwmat because I'm considering teams performance as well. I feel like Tahsis has choked, and that's his fault, but he's demonstrated to me through his teams matches that he's more than capable to perform.

I agree that Tony's been sort of inactive. If we consider this tournament, he wasn't able to take Sion out. But, he beat Eric, which confused me cuz I thought Eric has been doing quite solidly. Hence my confuSion, but I'm leaning towards Sion due to his consistency in the past few tournaments and his CARRYING ME IN TEAMS.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
I think we both agree on Sion for 3rd.

I really don't put a lot of emphasis into teams. Tahsis is good at teams, but we can't let only that influence his placement above another player. If that was actually how the PR's decided, you wouldn't be at the top like you are now. You have more leeway for mistakes in doubles, seeing that you have a partner to cover those mistakes for you, whereas singles play is entirely dependent on yourself. He's certainly more than capable of doing better than his placements have shown, but he hasn't proved it in his singles results.

So for now I'm thinking

1. Diakonos
2. Blunted_Object10
3. Sion
4. Dieslow
5. Daltsy
6. Noobking
7. Get@Will
8. Meta
9. Bwmat
10. Tahsis

Though I'd like to hear what others have to say, especially Tahsis and Bwmat.

Bwmat

Smash Ace
When I hear myself described as consistent, the only thing that comes to mind is "... at killing myself."

also sion's too high since I almost beat him in our singles match(what's that you say? he was playing shiek? nonsense, shiek is the best character in the game, no johns.)

</notsureifsirius>

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
isuckslolol
s'okay though
my face will be the greatest in koridai

as for what I have to say to the whole me/matt thing
I did perform horribly this past tourney due to the amount of pain I was playing through with my wrists, but NO JOHNS, I will do better next time.
as for placement...
Hustle I -
9. Tahsis Bwmat

Hustle II -
5. Tahsis [Falco]
9. Bwmat [Ganon] + [Fox]

Hustle III -
7. Bwmat [Ganondorf]
9.Tahsis [Falco]

Hustle IV - lol

Hustle V -
9. Bwmat (Fox and probably ganon)
13. Tahsis (Falco)

Okay so that's singles, here we have Matt and I tied in one tourney, one outplacing the other by one place in two tourneys, and one out place the other by 2 places in one tourney.

So lets imagine this as a point system
We start off with zero points here from hustle I and will add with whatever at the end of hustle V by however many places the other did better
Tahsis 0 - 0 Bwmat = Hustle I [We tied]
Tahsis 2 - 0 Bwmat = Hustle II [Tahsis outplaces Bwmat by 2]
Tahsis 2 - 1 Bwmat = Hustle III [Bwmat outplaces Tahsis by 1]
Tahsis 2 - 2 Bwmat = Hustle V (hustle iv is lol)[Bwmat outplaces Tahsis by 1]
This would put us at a tie so don't you think doubles performance is what would tip the scale? in Hustle I, bwmat outplaced myself and get@will, but after every hustle including the fourth, Meta and I have gotten top 3 , not just by a lucky bracket, but by actually beating some VERY notable teams (Mansion and BrownTown)

I'm not saying look at it like this, but it's a prettier way to see. also don't yell at me saying how incredibly flawed this is, it's like 3 in the morning and i'm tired lol it's just the easiest way for me to look at it atm It's fine that you don't want to put much emphasis on teams performance, but I see it as being a bit of a close call so it might be what's necessary to decide.

Personally, I think I should be above Bwmat, but I wont fight it if the panelists disagree.

for will who asked <3

Vsin *****.

Top Bottom