• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Bwmat

Smash Ace
lol i'm terribad at doubles. coquitlam combo all day, no argument there.

but during singles in one of them I beat you directly. I can't remember if we played during singles any other time though, and which way it went if we did.

I don't even know for which side I'm arguing. so tired.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Good info, Tahsis.

I think it's pretty close. So, I'm going to refer to the most recent performance and suggest bwmat for 9th. That can easily change in upcoming updates.

Also, 3 Coquitlam people on PR? What is the world coming to?

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Personally, having played all of coquitlum in singles at almost every tournament, I would lean towards Yakal over matt. I've had a harder time with Yakal overall when it really counts. I've never lost to Matt in tournament except that one time like 3 years ago when i broke my left thumb. Whereas I've lost to Yakal a couple times I think.

IMO Yakal/Evan is closer than Yakal/Matt.

Stevo

Smash Champion
playstyles play a big part in who loses to who.

you might have an easier time playing against so and so, but others might not.

we have this problem in alberta, which, when combined with lack of tournaments, has lead us to not update our PR ever.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
playstyles play a big part in who loses to who.

you might have an easier time playing against so and so, but others might not.

we have this problem in alberta, which, when combined with lack of tournaments, has lead us to not update our PR ever.
LMFAO, Steve. That's so ****ty. ****ing Alberta, lol.

booshk

Smash Lord
so is there going to be a tournament next month cause we can't use maggie benson?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I also have a harder time against Yakal but we're going by results, and in particular recent results.

Yakal will get em next time. Ya?

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
as in a recent one sided conversation I had with adam said:

Adam Brown says
And I will make your face the GREATEST in all of something or other...

also I just woke up and matthew declined my MM challenge to him last night lol

booshk

Smash Lord
iuno eric told me meta told him we cant use maggie benson for a few months or something.

but there's no jack to just go to rotunda LOl

updateskies

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
I have A LOT to say about free for alls

>:I

also am I the only one that remembers when evan posted saying he wasn't going to book rooms for us? srsly

Stevo

Smash Champion
soul calibur 1 and 2 were the only soul caliburs games I played

1 cause it was awesome when if first came out on dreamcast ( I still remember being in awe of the graffix at the time)
2 because I had a gamecube for melee and I saw Link was in it so I gave it a try.

I would play starcraft 2 with you guys but I suck.

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Have the panelists reached a final decision?

I wanna hear what Sion has to say on this matter when he finally fixes his freaking computer.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Because you guys have performed quite similarly in the past while. But I think the most recent performance should arbitrate between ties.

It sucks that your wrist was acting up, but concrete results is what we do, homeboy.

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
so anything notable just doesn't matter and placings is where it's at? aight

okay and explain this to me

Evan and Matt have tied every tournament with the exception of this most recent where he outplaced matt by one place

so why is he above matt?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Of course "notable" things matter. Otherwise, they wouldn't be notable.

I think you're referring to doubles performance. I see that, and in my opinion, it gives you credibility. PR has traditionally been judged primarily on singles performance, though, and yours and Matt's have been quite comparable. It's not a placing, it's who you beat/lost to. This last tournament, you lost to two unranked players. If I recall correctly, you didn't do so swell last time either.

If you ask me, you're better than Matt, but that's not what recent performance says.

Regarding Evan/Matt, Evan beat Sion 2-0 in pools, and has performed well in doubles with you.

I don't suggest that the gap is big -- in fact it's quite small -- but these smaller discrepancies are best resolved with tangible criteria.

Top Bottom