• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #28: Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I'd like to point out that Ike doesn't get the BSL (Bull****lag) from upBing/sideBing.
Playing Marth for a bit, I realized how important that is.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike is probably one of the better punishers of BSL due to fair pressure on the ledge, and bthrow-->upsmash if they didn't incur the lag yet, or a free hit if they do.

I hope for Ike to see Ike around where wolf/Luigi currently are, according to how things are right now. Sonic's success and his current placement perplex me, but maybe Sonic should rise, too. Don't really know how well Sheiks are doing, and don't really hear much from PT or Ness oustide of Reflex and Shaky. Doesn't help that some of these people are doing the smart thing and are using multiple characters, admittedly.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
D3 doesn't have enough air speed and disjoint on bair to reliably bair Ike out of aether. He will have to get lucky and get a hit from above, a situation where DDD has to have predicted pretty far into the future or else easily let Ike back onstage. It seems easier for DDD to go for the gimp than hover way above a possible aether hitbox.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
trust me its easier than you think to Bair ike out of aether with D3, you may not sweet spot it but just landing it is probably just as good as ftilt...

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
lol @ Slaps trying to teach San how to recover. You need to play better Ikes and listen to San here, beating up bad wifi ikes with D3 shenanigans is not a legit basis to fund matchup knowledge on.

Edit: I guess I'll hear you out and say it is possible, but would a non sweet spotted bair out of aether really put both of the characters in a position that would be considered a threat worth mentioning to Ike? Like San, I'm running aether simulations in my head and I'm just not buying it.

That aside, I've had a lot of luck with smacking an edgeguarding D3 (along with numerous other would be gimpers) away with a Fair. If they're forced to air dodge, since it's so slow, it puts them in an awkward position if you do it at max range. If you miss, you're at least closer to the stage and can possibly bait future air dodges, and if you hit you're in the clear.

It's harder for you to be punished for an air dodged fair as well if you stop DIing towards the stage temporarily while you do it too, it just depends on how much breathing room you have.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'd thought I'd throw out a notice to any BBR wanting to learn more about Ike: we're currently doing another round of MU ratios. If you go to the Ike MU Ratio topic, you can see what our individual opinions about Ike's MUs are at this moment, now would be a good time.

xXKingXx

Smash Rookie
Dude how can I get grabed by a luigi during aether momentum? how can this be possible?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I know you're new and all, but please redirect this question to Ashunera's Library. This isn't exactly the place for asking such a question. Oh, and try not to revive topics that are long dead, unless it's very important.

Dratler

Smash Rookie
Ike should be ranked high on the tier list...very very high....who else can kill u with 50 damage?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Ike should be ranked high on the tier list...very very high....who else can kill u with 50 damage?
Welcome to Smashboards! Next time try to open with a more contributing post though, people ridicule for comments like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom