• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battlefield 3

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm disappoint. If I want to buy this for my PC then I can't because of crappy computer that can't even run L4D2.

I just hate how PC elitists will use this game as an excuse to point out why computer gaming is better than console gaming.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
I'm disappoint. If I want to buy this for my PC then I can't because of crappy computer that can't even run L4D2.

I just hate how PC elitists will use this game as an excuse to point out why computer gaming is better than console gaming.
They will, but aren't there $50 GPUs that can significantly enhance your computer's game capabilities? I believe the Nvidia GTX 260 or 285 are good enough to max out BFBC2 and run smoothly, and they're fairly cheap.

Still, man, ignore them. Just have fun knowing that you're actually experience BF3.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
They will, but aren't there $50 GPUs that can significantly enhance your computer's game capabilities? I believe the Nvidia GTX 260 or 285 are good enough to max out BFBC2 and run smoothly, and they're fairly cheap.

Still, man, ignore them. Just have fun knowing that you're actually experience BF3.
I know nothing about computers man. My computer is like 6 years old and I'm amazed it can even play TF2 somewhat smoothly >_>. And then I'd buy a new one, but lack of money. If I bought the graphics card, I wouldn't even know how to install it anyways

And has anyone said which console this runs better on?

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
I know nothing about computers man. My computer is like 6 years old and I'm amazed it can even play TF2 somewhat smoothly >_>. And then I'd buy a new one, but lack of money. If I bought the graphics card, I wouldn't even know how to install it anyways

And has anyone said which console this runs better on?
Is it a desktop or a laptop? If it can at least run TF2 smoothly, then it should be able to run BFBC2 given a proper upgrade. And assuming Frostbite 2 is slightly more demanding than Frostbite 1.5, then according to DICE you should be able to run it. PM me if you want help.

As of now, we've only seen PS3 gameplay. However, DICE is squeezing out every last bit of juice from both consoles, so I'm assuming PS3 will be better thanks to taking advantage of the multiple SPUs.

Oh, and is anyone here a tactical BFBC2 player on the PS3?

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
Leaked BF3 gameplay:

http://kotaku.com/5823224/heres-some-leaked-footage-of-battlefield-3-in-action/

Game looks sick. I'll prolly pick it up.
I read an IGN preview of the PS3 version. From the way they worded it, the match was 4v4. Wat. And the pre-alpha code had low-res textures as well as a lack of destructibility. The latter two were announced by EA and DICE.

Then again, they called out the PS3 version of Crysis 2 as having frequent framerate drops and jaggedness, none of which I found in the final game. Hopes still up.

But it'll probably get PC players shoving it in our faces. SMH.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This stuff pisses me off so much. Really, it's not like there is much "impact" on the servers. One guy stops playing, and another starts. 1 for 1. If they are gonna do an online pass, it should be where you don't have to worry about paying for additional DLC and etc.

This game looks great, but that aspect is such a turn off. If I were to buy this game, I would buy it off of Craig's List or Amazon when it's cheap.

Edit: So let me get this straight...I was thinking of a way to get around this and this is what I figured...

Is the online pass stored to the console or the user name? What if say...I buy this game, and my bro wants to play on his PSN account? If he's allowed to play on his PSN Account, does that mean he can go log onto another PS3 with his copy of BF3 and play it on there?

M@v

Subarashii!
But it'll probably get PC players shoving it in our faces. SMH.

Pretty much :troll:

They shouldn't dumb down this game to accommodate consoles. If the console is a dumbed down version then so be at. At least your getting the SAME game this time. Last time the Battlefield 2 they released for consoles was completely different than the pc version.

They dumbed down Crysis 2 for consoles, and completely ruined the game because of it. They completely revamped the aliens without explaining any of it either because a. The new design was more appealing to consoles and b. They knew not many of them would of played crysis 1, so they didn't have to.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This stuff pisses me off so much. Really, it's not like there is much "impact" on the servers. One guy stops playing, and another starts. 1 for 1. If they are gonna do an online pass, it should be where you don't have to worry about paying for additional DLC and etc.

This game looks great, but that aspect is such a turn off. If I were to buy this game, I would buy it off of Craig's List or Amazon when it's cheap.

Edit: So let me get this straight...I was thinking of a way to get around this and this is what I figured...

Is the online pass stored to the console or the user name? What if say...I buy this game, and my bro wants to play on his PSN account? If he's allowed to play on his PSN Account, does that mean he can go log onto another PS3 with his copy of BF3 and play it on there?
It's tied to your account. If you enter the code on your account, your brother cannot play it on his account/PS3. Like, for BFBC:2, the stupid DLC thing was fixed so everyone on the console could play the maps. I may be wrong tho.

SonicBOOM XS

Smash Apprentice
It's tied to your account. If you enter the code on your account, your brother cannot play it on his account/PS3. Like, for BFBC:2, the stupid DLC thing was fixed so everyone on the console could play the maps. I may be wrong tho.
Oh yeah, same console. Doesn't mean it works for your bros' ACCOUNT, though.

I hate this idea. I hate it.

M@v, they won't dumb it down for PC. Don't worry. I played the Alpha and it's good. 3D spotting is broken, though. Otherwise, all good.

By the way, 64-player Conquest with Jets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8S_eEv_A5k&feature=channel_video_title

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I got into the BF series with Bad Company 2.

What were the differences from the spin-off and the original game?

Also, this game looks madd good.

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
BF3 looks too good!!!! Im renewing my Xbox Live mainly for this and my clan. First thing I'm gonna do is TURN INTO A JET, BOMB THE RUSSIANS, FLY INTO THE SUN, NOW I'M DEAD!!!!!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Battlefield 3 open beta begins September 29

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/20/battlefield-3-open-beta-begins-september-29/

http://kotaku.com/5842054/battlefield-3-open-beta-starts-next-week

The Battlefield 3 multiplayer open beta will deploy on September 29 for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Access to the beta will be available on September 27 to PC players who pre-order the game through EA's Origin service and to console players who pre-ordered Medal of Honor Limited Edition last year.
Gonna download this as soon as it's available on the XBLM. :)

M@v

Subarashii!
Pfft. figures the betas open to those who use the steam ripoff. I already pre-paid through gamestop so whatever.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Pfft. figures the betas open to those who use the steam ripoff. I already pre-paid through gamestop so whatever.
Considering the only way to play the game(pc version) is by using Origin, wouldn't it make sense for the beta to be open to them?

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
I've been playing the PC beta, and it's been pretty fun. Operation Metro doesn't seem like a real battlefield-style map, but it's not bad, and shows off how much improved the hit detection and engine is, compared to bad company 2.

There are rumors that a 2nd map (Caspian Sea) may open up during the beta, because it's included in the beta files and you can see there are servers running it on the battlelog. It turned out that the password to enter those servers was client-side, so some players were able to bypass that and play on the caspian sea map.

It looks like console versions are watered down a bit, due to the current gen hardware being pretty old now. Thankfully, building a decent gaming PC is now possible for as low as $500, which is a big change from a few years ago. That PC would be able to run bf3 at 1080p on medium settings at least, possibly high with AA turned low.

I made a video of clips from a few matches on the PC beta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfep2Ae5sVY

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm thinking about it. How big is the download and when does it end?

S

smash brawl player 99021

That's a lot of Gigs and not enough time. /:
I might download for the PC.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Uh, you can't unless you pre-order it for Origin IIRC.
It's the Internet! You can find anything anywhere! Nah, WASD controls for shooters make me sad. Xbox will get to sit for a few hours tomorrow.

And thanks for responding. (:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
They also have a 2nd level to play in this beta but it's password protected, I think the password is 'appletini'.

S

smash brawl player 99021

On the site it said that it's not for open testing or some shenaniganry. They really need more than one map imo.

Top Bottom