• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Thatch

Smash Rookie
Hi guys before I book accom tomorrow I was wondering if anyone still has any spare floor space and wouldnt mind hosting a random QLD smasher for Thurs Fri and Saturday nights? Would be happy to chip in some cash especially if u can help out getting to/from airport and venue ect. Alternatively is there anyone else who's similarly procrastinated on booking that wants to split a twin room or something? Looks like u could get a twin room for $30 a night each potentially compared to the $20 a night Im probably gonna spend for backpackers dormitory style.

SaucyAUS

Smash Rookie
If you guys can't get lifts there is a shuttle bus you can get from the airport that goes to Southern Cross station. From there you can get trains/trams pretty much anywhere you need to go in Melbourne.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Problem is that I have like 3 bags of **** to lug around (Stream equipment, suitcase, wii setup, clothes etc.) with me hence why getting a lift is my best bet Saucy

GTR

Smash Cadet
UNSW Smash Brothers Society are (possibly) looking to do a Melee crew battle with a Melbourne university Smash club while we're down in Melbourne, any takers?

For the UNSW crew we have representing us: Cunchy, MC, Phibzy, JNuts, myself, Gabe, RCJay, Yam and Lux - although Lux doesn't play Melee much and I act more as a manager so we can mess around with numbers a bit.

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Salty Suite is on Thursday, not Friday. I'm unavailable both days either way (unless we can find somewhere to play after the PM thing on Friday night)
Oops, my bad. We could probably do the Friday night, CQ is open for friendlies then. Otherwise BAM it is.

FrostyFlakes

Smash Rookie
Around what time will the venue be opened by?

I'm hoping to get in a few friendlies before my pool starts at 9am T__T

Acrete

Smash Cadet
I've got a few friends that are interested
in checking out the smash bros scene. Can they play friendlies on Friday night?

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
I've got a few friends that are interested
in checking out the smash bros scene. Can they play friendlies on Friday night?
Yeah, come along to CQ on Friday night to check it out (friendlies should be ok). You guys can spectate on the weekend too, though there's a $10 spectator fee afaik

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Smash 4 Wii U Singles Pools are live

http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/BAM7WiiUpools

BAM7 Melee pools are live

http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/BAM7Pools

http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/Bam7Pools2

Pools L, M, N, O, P can be found updated on the Bam7Pools2 link in the same order. (This means you still follow the bam7pools Letter timing.)

The pool schedule is as follows:

9am: Pools A,B
10am: C,D
11am: E,F
12pm: G,H
1pm: I,J
2pm: K,L
3pm: M,N
4pm: O,P

Be there and ready on time, or you're gonna be DQ'd. No excuses.

http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/BAM7Pools

The pool schedule is as follows:
9am: Pools A,B
10am: C,D
11am: E,F
12pm: G,H
1pm: I,J
2pm: K,L
3pm: M,N
4pm: O,P

Be there and ready on time, or you're gonna be DQ'd. No excuses

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Awesome event so far guys. Big thanks to everyone for doing their part to make it legit. Please try remember to offer the staff a hand if you have a bit of free time - running tourneys is a ***** and that only gets harder with size.Give it your all - you have the world watching !:) And may the best Leffen win LOL

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Super special early shoutouts to @ Snoc Snoc , I've never seen him TO before, but he was incredibly helpful yesterday. S4 would've run way behind without his help.

Basty

Smash Ace
tournament hasn't finished and I'm not there but **** it I'm doing a shoutout anyway
Shoutouts to CaptainCrash for being the only tasmanian to make bracket and getting 17th place
We on the map now

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
+1 when billy vs Gerard happens on a tv at the back of the room for nobody on stream to see.

I get that the internationals are fun but that set was super important in the aus scene.

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
tournament hasn't finished and I'm not there but **** it I'm doing a shoutout anyway
Shoutouts to CaptainCrash for being the only tasmanian to make bracket and getting 17th place
We on the map now
No you aren't
We gave most of TAS seeds, only one making it out is hilarious. seeding won't be in your favour as much next time

CONGRATS TO VILLYNESS TAKING THE BRACKET RESET AND WINNING AFTER PLAYING 10 GAMES IN A ROW.

http://melbournemelee.challonge.com/BAM7WiiUpools

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom