• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
you're wrong
SSV last year got like 1,000 - 2,000 viewers which is pretty unheard of in terms of australian smash numbers
Those are some pretty solid numbers. Here's hoping we can get waaaaaaaaay more numbers this year and get some serious exposure. Imagine if BAM became like, a part of the road to EVO or Apex or something.

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Those are some pretty solid numbers. Here's hoping we can get waaaaaaaaay more numbers this year and get some serious exposure. Imagine if BAM became like, a part of the road to EVO or Apex or something.
Yearly, I donate more to Smash players coming to Australia than I do to charity. This probably does not make me a good person.

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
i think just having me on stream will give the stream over 2000 views
We've already had Lucky JV5 someone last year, you might make it onto one of those compilation videos.

Anyone wanna take an over/under bet on how many people Basty is gonna get 4-stocked by in pools?

Feg

Smash Rookie
I'd like to contribute $50 to S2J's flights. Does that give me like a BO3 with him cause I'd like to play with him.

Also is it possible for someone to house me for the event, it would be immensely appreciated. I can pay you back in drinks, food, high fives.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Is there a rough idea of how much venue/singles/etc is gonna cost? It's looking increasingly likely that I can make it.

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
Random Q about the schedule: would I be correct in assuming that Friday is just friendlies and exhibition matches, Saturday is pools and Sunday is bracket, like SSV (last major I went to)?

Last edited:

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617
Just found out about this, anyone have an idea how much the entry fee will be?
If I can afford to go I'll finally get to go to my first ever tournament.

EDIT: Awesome, the tournament falls on a very good weekend for me if I do go, the weekend between my last week of of proper classes at uni and my week of revision before exams.

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
Just found out about this, anyone have an idea how much the entry fee will be?
If I can afford to go I'll finally get to go to my first ever tournament.

EDIT: Awesome, the tournament falls on a very good weekend for me if I do go, the weekend between my last week of of proper classes at uni and my week of revision before exams.

hey man, Pre registration is as follows

Competitor pass - $40
Smash Melee Singles - $10
Smash 4 Singles - $10
Smash 64 Singles - $10

Smash Melee Doubles - $5
Smash 4 Doubles - $5

You need to buy a competitor pass regardless to compete, otherwise you can buy a spectator pass just to enjoy the event in person, and get to see Armada, Leffen, Mang0, Axe, Lucky, Alex19 and more!

edit: doubles might be bumped up to 10 per person, but is being discussed

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Ok so there has been some unfortunate issues with AXE's passport which has completely knocked back his application and continue to delay it. Time is too tight so I've had to make the unfortunate call of saying he won't be coming anymore.

This means that the funding rolls down to S2J and the next is line is Hugs. Seeing as S2J and Hugs are both Cali, they're a little cheaper and we are only around $800 from Hugs with last night's trivia dollars plus other recent donations.

If anyone does have issues with this, please contact me and let me know then we can sort something out. Otherwise BAM7 will still be huge, don't you worry about that.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
What's the best way to go about pre registration? I'm travelling up and this would save a huge amount of stress for me.

Also, will people from the same state be split up in pools? Win or lose I'm just keen to face some new players/ play styles

Yearly, I donate more to Smash players coming to Australia than I do to charity. This probably does not make me a good person.
No, it certainly does not make you a good person.

it makes you a great person!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
What's the best way to go about pre registration? I'm travelling up and this would save a huge amount of stress for me. [/spoiler]
pre-reg will be up soon. it will be announced, and you will be able to pay for all your tournament costs in advance. (and all smashers will actually have to do this anyway, so we can properly organise the pools)

Also, will people from the same state be split up in pools?
of-course. i'll probably be seeding the pools/brackets again, and i'm great at it, so yeah, pools will be great

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
pre-reg will be up soon. it will be announced, and you will be able to pay for all your tournament costs in advance. (and all smashers will actually have to do this anyway, so we can properly organise the pools)

of-course. i'll probably be seeding the pools/brackets again, and i'm great at it, so yeah, pools will be great
Thankyou! I'm way too hyped already

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Double post and last question: Will Wii U Pro controllers be allowed to use in the smash 4 tournament?
Yes this fine. You can use whatever controller aslong as its not gamepad. For courteous reasons though make sure you sync them off the console when finished. Nothings worse having a pro controller interrupt tournament games. =_=

Also will find out if I can house people soon. Still need to get parents approval since yeah, not my house.

Also pre register is up now ;)

http://www.couchwarriors.org/bam/register.php

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Rego updated in OP, pre-reg is 100% mandatory as there will be no on the day entry apart from spectators or DIY Tournaments

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
So, as much as I really want to come this year, I've decided I really can't afford to take that weekend off, since it's the week before my honours thesis is due. However, rest assured that I will be making every effort to come to the next big major!

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
So, as much as I really want to come this year, I've decided I really can't afford to take that weekend off, since it's the week before my honours thesis is due. However, rest assured that I will be making every effort to come to the next big major!
DUDE NO.
Believe in yourself. You can finish your thesis before the weekend :)

FinXx

Smash Apprentice
~ KTMFinX Money Match Request Post @ BAM7~

@1ampercent: I feel like we have a healthy rivalry at the moment. I used to beat you, now you're beating me. I think tables will turn back this tournament. $10

@ Russ The Love Muss Russ The Love Muss : I read you like a children's book hired from the library using a benefits card when we played at MW2 (lmao i dont even know how to trash talk). QLD vs VIC amateur hyyyype. $5

@A Dumb Monkee: Traditional salty runback money match! $5

@ Basty Basty : Somewhere you said you wanted to MM any Falcon ditto for $10. You're also kinda annoying. $10

@NeoTurtle: We so even now its hype. $5

@ Hughie Hughie : Falcon ditto MM request. Our matches are kinda stupid and fun too, yee. $5

edit: pls reply with yes or no ty. side bets welcome to increase da excitement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom