• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetra_

Smash Rookie
Give me Johnny Kim or give me death.

Wait, no. Just give me Johnny Kim. If not, I'll be fine.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
attention anyone looking to book a hotel for bam 7: the 'discounted' rate CQ have offered for attendees @ $129 is actually quite poor, you can get closer to ~$80 by booking with a mobile app like expedia, travelocity etc

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
As posted on fb:

S2j would only lose out if donors voted amsa as well as amsa winning by a landslide in polls and posts. Just gauging opinion here as I completely agree qld ppl

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
attention anyone looking to book a hotel for bam 7: the 'discounted' rate CQ have offered for attendees @ $129 is actually quite poor, you can get closer to ~$80 by booking with a mobile app like expedia, travelocity etc
Can confirm using travelocity, 100 all up for fri night + sat night per person since it's 2 people to a room.

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
OK here are some of my opinions:

TLDR
Money should go toward S2J or Top aussie placings.
Melbourne Melee should stream the main stage stuff
Kaiza should stream more melee and PM
Smash Studios can stream smash 4 or have another Chanel for majority of smash 4

All opinions are just that, opinions.

1. Regarding Funds for international players.
I say the extra funds should go to S2J since he is the next players on the voters list. In the case that S2J is not contactable/unavailable and since PPU and Zhu are now unavailable i would prefer the extra funds go to bonuses to the top placing Australians. If VGBC can get aMSa here then great but I don't think any more of Australian funding should go to those not on the vote list.
Lets be honest the top placing in all games at BAM are going to be international players that we funded to be here then we are basically giving them spending money since they will almost certainly take the prize money as well. At least this way our top Australians get something for their efforts and displays of skills.
These extra bonuses i would split across all smash games in the ratio of international attendance for that game (i.e $1800 total split by the number of international players per game 6:6:6 (Melee: PM:S4) would be $600 each to top australian players for each game, 6:6:4 would result in 675:675:450) . then each games bonuses go to the top 2-3 Australian players for that game.
Just my suggestion.

2. Regarding my Streaming opinions.
Streaming I feel should be
Main stream - (main Melee stage and finals matches all games, exhibitions on Friday night if any, PM main stage on Friday) should go to Melbourne Melee and should have as much Australian talent as possible. Top Australians vs top Australians whenever possible. Later in the brackets when we are up to the knitty gritty of the tournament is when this stream will have internationals vsing top Australians.

Melee/PM side stream - Kaizas channel more Aussie vs Aussie matches as well as the internationals playing some I their matches against good Aussies but not the top players. This stream I feel should show case some of Australia's up and coming talent with the occasional international showing up.

Smash 4 stream - the majority of smash 4 can go to Smash Studios if they are in attendance. (Does melbourne currently have a dedicated smash 4 stream/youtube or do you use Melbourne melee?). Otherwise I am happy for Sydney Smash twitches account to be used especailly with Sydney's major looking like it will be within 1-2 months of BAM7, but if you guys have another Melbourne smash 4 account already then of course that would be better.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
long post
Your opinion is due, noted, and valued, especially for donors and donation ideas, but as for streaming you don't even know whats going on to the point that what you've put out can't really be taken into account apart from simply knowing what one more person wants.

We have plans for streaming yes, and the relevant people do know whats going on. As for which channels are being used and what we have planned for each stream will be made public in due course, but there are quite a few things at play here. Limited resources, like 10 people want to stream smash and everyone wants to show different things, but a lack of internet. We have time limits and space limits, different people wanting to see different things, all of this and more at play here.

Gords

Smash Champion
We have plans for streaming yes, and the relevant people do know whats going on. As for which channels are being used and what we have planned for each stream will be made public in due course, but there are quite a few things at play here. Limited resources, like 10 people want to stream smash and everyone wants to show different things, but a lack of internet. We have time limits and space limits, different people wanting to see different things, all of this and more at play here.
I am aware of this which is why i stated that its just my opinion. In no way do i intend to undermine or push my opinion into anything regarding the streaming of the event. I am 100% sure that the people in Melbourne have it under control and are more than cable of producing A class streaming for the event. I understand that there are a lot of things i am unaware of regarding the issue and i only mention the stream since i saw others posting their opinions on what they would like to see streamed, so i did the same, it is nothing more that what i would like to see streamed and shouldnt hold any value

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
S2J has finally gotten back to me and is keen as mustard to head down under. He is getting everything together to prepare to come here so you all now need to drop those dollars to make sure he gets here and that his effort is not in vain!

This also means that if somehow we get cray dollars, Hugs is next in line as long as there is adequate notice. aMSa will only now happen if somehow Hugs can't come, aMSa actually replies to me and is actually keen. I have still yet to hear from aMSa/VGBC about this yet.

Either way, S2J is go with the right funding, so get hype!

Also donor meets are going to be pretty fkn crazy at this point, so just sort of a forewarning for donor meet people that we will need to look at spreading it out on different days depending on who is in where.

If there are donors who didn't plan on attending a donor meet, but did break $150 let me know, because I'm sorting them very very soon.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
how much are we short at the present time
As for players funded and such, here is the amounts I've got listed for each player:

Leffen: $1200
Wife: $2000
Mango: $1500
Lucky $1500
Axe: $1700
Sum of players already coming amount = $7900
Currently raised amount = $7982.82
$7900 - $7982.82 = $82.82

S2J is west coast like lucky and mango

$1500 - $82.82 = $1417.18

That's how much we need, $1417.18

Who was the guy you were talking about on fb?
??

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
"I'm looking at more flight prices, but this player has been completely funded by someone in Melbourne in secret rather than by a donation goal.

Any guesses who it's for?

Here's a tip: he placed top 10 at an EVO/Apex within the last 2 years."

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
"I'm looking at more flight prices, but this player has been completely funded by someone in Melbourne in secret rather than by a donation goal.

Any guesses who it's for?

Here's a tip: he placed top 10 at an EVO/Apex within the last 2 years."
you keep guessing, its not s2j though

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
you keep guessing, its not s2j though
Here's a list according to your hint.

PPMD
Hungrybox
Amsa
Kirbykaze
Shroomed
Nntendude
Pewpewu
Sfat
Mew2king
Colbol
S0ft
Fiction
Ice
MacD
Fly Amanita
Silent Wolf
Chillindude
Plup
Wobbles
Hax

edit: including PM

DEHF
Rolex
Sethlon
Ally
Oracle
ESAM
Taj
Zero
Chudat
K9
Metroid
plus more from Evo 2014 that I can't be bothered calculating.

I have no idea who it's gonna be. Probably Wobbles.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Here's a list according to your hint.

PPMD
Hungrybox
Amsa
Kirbykaze
Shroomed
Nntendude
Pewpewu
Sfat
Mew2king
Colbol
S0ft
Fiction
Ice
MacD
Fly Amanita
Silent Wolf
Chillindude
Plup
Wobbles
Hax

I have no idea who it's gonna be. Probably Wobbles.
did i say melee only? ;)

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
What are the chances of VGBC possibly paying for aMSa to get over here?
Did they pay for D1 to commentate over at B.E.A.S.T? or pay for anyone to get there?

If we could give them a rough number on a potential huge pot, could that convince them a little more?

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
What are the chances of VGBC possibly paying for aMSa to get over here?
Did they pay for D1 to commentate over at B.E.A.S.T? or pay for anyone to get there?

If we could give them a rough number on a potential huge pot, could that convince them a little more?
Tried that, no luck with any of it unfortunately

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Would they be willing to split it? Or pay a portion of it? :o
No reply from VGBC too recently, but that's the idea I originally got that they would be willing to pay some cost. No idea on exact numbers though.

Not going to put donor money towards that instead of S2J though, unless the person donating actually wanted to do it separate.

Either way I don't even know if aMSa could come yet, but it was discussed previously and I'm waiting for an update.

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
Hmm.. have you talked with them about the idea of letting THEM stream at BAM? That would mean new viewers, more hype, more money, etc.

Then again, I don't know how this sort of thing works so it's probably not that simple.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hmm.. have you talked with them about the idea of letting THEM stream at BAM? That would mean new viewers, more hype, more money, etc.

Then again, I don't know how this sort of thing works so it's probably not that simple.
Yep already done, again advised would need $$$ assistance to bring over aMSa and/or gimr. gimr not keen on having us use VGBC without him here from what it seems.

_Iggy_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ignis_Sphaera
Aww man. That sucks.
Would I be wrong in saying it'll be difficult to get view numbers, exposure etc. Without a big name like VGBC there? Or is it still something that will be huge internationally regardless?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Aww man. That sucks.
Would I be wrong in saying it'll be difficult to get view numbers, exposure etc. Without a big name like VGBC there? Or is it still something that will be huge internationally regardless?
it will happen regardless, with the right posts in the right places as well as social media tweeting and retweeting coming from players we have sponsored, id be amazed if we dont get big viewers for any of it

Last edited:

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Aww man. That sucks.
you're wrong
SSV last year got like 1,000 - 2,000 viewers which is pretty unheard of in terms of australian smash numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom