• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batman: We Own the Knight (mee-OWWwwwwww - Catwoman Report Card is up!)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
EE ended it :mad:

I have a lot of stuff to do this weekend + work, but I'll try to start one on Sunday and hopefully get it up either that night or on monday. Omis you should start being on AIM more often/at all because I need to talk to you.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
/me bows

Also when reminded that he couldn't call in to the radio (post in the thread), he joked that he has a phone hidden on him. When asked where, he replied "in my muscles". The muscle phone is one of the funniest DGames jokes of all time and I hope it lives on forever as a meme.

Yeah, I was pretty terrible though. :p

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
So, I cannot express how much fun I had in this game :) in fact, I had so much fun, I think it's permanently ruined DnD and any other type of roleplaying for me.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'll try to start one on Sunday and hopefully get it up either that night or on monday
The above is not a hint/nudge at EE to hurry up and post it in any way.

(And the above sentence is in no way a suspiciously specific denial.:p)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, I cannot express how much fun I had in this game :) in fact, I had so much fun, I think it's permanently ruined DnD and any other type of roleplaying for me.
This. EE still mentions my thug kill where I tricked a guy to walk into traffic.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ha. I was trying to pick my favorite fight, but there's too many. So, top 5:

5) Caught Bane Napping
4) Joker goes to the Hospital while Batman's supposed to be watching the Superbowl
3) Ducard and the Chopper
2) Mr. Freeze and the Inferno
1) Batman avenging Robin turns into the butt of the Joke

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Hoping to get back on track with these things soon, **** has been crrraaaaazzyyyyyyy.

I just wanted to say a little piece of thanks to the people who've helped out in the form of content contribution. These little bits of people going outside their responsibilities as a player made running it a lot more possible, for me. In particular, I want to thank Mashad, Mediocre, Eor, and Tom for lending their writing talents to the Gotham Gazette. I did contribute articles fairly often, but I'd say about three quarters of it was contributed by players, which really helped give it an authentic newspaper feel, and helped maintain my sanity, as well.

I'd also like to thank Tom for lending his photoshop talents to me again and again. I can't count the number of pictures he got "just right" for me when I was putting the Gazette together. I'm especially appreciative of Tom taking the time to photoshop some screencaps form The Dark Knight to make live action photos of The Wrath for me. It would have been utterly impossible for me, otherwise. I had absolutely no options at all, and Tom simply offered his talents up with no strings attached.

I meant to thank you guys a bunch as soon as the game ended, but it managed to slip my mind until now. But, thanks. Thanks a whole lot :bee:

I hope you guys had fun and it wasn't too much of a burden, because stuff like that really does make games of this size so much easier for me to run.

Also for people that didn't see or just plain forgot about Tom's pictures of The Wrath, they're absolutely incredible. They look completely authentic. Check them out right here, in the first story.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
These are all the pseudonyms for Gazette "employees" (really NPCs, though on occasion the players could take on their reporter's handle to interview people or otherwise get more details for a story):

Roger Mortimer - Eor

Vicki Vale - Tom

Stanton Kiel - Mashad

Alexander Knox - Mediocre

Tom Tucker, Summer Gleason, and Editor in Chief Douglas Foss were all me.

Honorable mention to Virg, who offered help but was never free when I needed articles so I gave up asking him. Was still nice of him to offer and his articles would have been among the best, I'm sure.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
The Smash Frontiersman may have outlasted the Gazette, but we moved more papers in our run than you'll move in fifty years!

*chomps on cigar*

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Because he's a very nice guy, Eor has agreed to save me the agony of writing the report card for one of the most active players in the game. Instead, he's going to write his own in the style of the ones I have written so far, and I can just edit/tinker with it a whole hell of a lot to give it that authentic EE feel or whatever.

Could be a Joker report card for y'all soonly :o

HarleyQuinn_

Smash Rookie
Gah! When did this happen?! I haven't checked here in forever...! And I just gotten back to DC comics too...

Oh well..I guess I may as well post here and say that I was a hidden character? I wish I did more now...!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Gah! When did this happen?! I haven't checked here in forever...! And I just gotten back to DC comics too...

Oh well..I guess I may as well post here and say that I was a hidden character? I wish I did more now...!
^ This here is a good friend of mine name Pira ^^. I asked if she wanted to play this game since we both RP on forums and she was delighted. Unfortunately, about the time she joined was when I died, so we couldn't meet up and try to kick each other's *** XD

HarleyQuinn_

Smash Rookie
*puffs face* Yeah! I was super disappointed, and the fact that I was considered a special character also meant I couldn't post on the forum! I finally got around to reading where the game ended (funny enough, it was the page in which I saved last time I was here) and surprised really, by just how it just...dropped.

Anyways, for a brief time in which I had the time to play it was really awesome and special! I always talked to Rockin about doing more RPs, and while both of us try I really think it's always me at the end that ends up just dropping stuff. I really wish I did more now here, but before I realized just how much free time I had in college! Now I have a job and while I work at home, I still am being kept busy (in fact, I was only able to read all the stuff because I stopped working right now).

Aww...it's so sad that this rp ended! I had ideas in my work sheets from when I was in college, but why didn't I show up on AIM more often?! It's just the week I write the ideas, I just dropped everything that was fun. Now I don't have as much fun memories...!

Next time there are rps, please invite me! I promise I'll be more active, I just GOTTA be!

By the way I also want to thank everyone who worked so hard in this game, and more so for the guys who were running it. They were amazing for setting this up and doing so much hard work on it...! It truly amazes me and shows me just how hard...well, I guess how hard I used to work for Rockin when we used to do personal rps! Ahhh, those were the days...

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
School sucks. Hopefully Eor's trucking away on his.

I'll probably unsticky this sometimes soon, then like, restick it intermittently when new report cards go up haha.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I hadn't realized you were doing report cards. You should do mine! It would go fast since I F****ING DIED early. Not that I shouldn't have expected it, but d***, I thought I could survive even when I knew I was f***ed. Still, I'm happy with what I did do in the game.

Also, just read through Bane's report card. I seem to remember that I was literally moments away from murdering the hell out of him in Santa Prisca when Catwoman called me and made that deal to save him. Like maybe I'm just not remembering correctly, but I could've sworn I was literally (in RL, not just in the game) several moments away from injecting sulfuric acid directly into his spinal cord for being a motormouth when Catwoman called me up and asked that I let him live.

HarleyQuinn_

Smash Rookie
On the side note, with the 131 character limit on AIM now you can't rp there anymore...

EDIT: Oops. That's because I was chatting with someone using a phone. My bad...!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I know a guy who, everytime he's invisible, AIM treats him as being on his phone. It's the worst.

Also, just read through Bane's report card. I seem to remember that I was literally moments away from murdering the hell out of him in Santa Prisca when Catwoman called me and made that deal to save him. Like maybe I'm just not remembering correctly, but I could've sworn I was literally (in RL, not just in the game) several moments away from injecting sulfuric acid directly into his spinal cord for being a motormouth when Catwoman called me up and asked that I let him live.
First of all -- Foxxy! You're alive and stuff!

Yeah you were great. I dunno if you are following the DGames interviews but in mine I lavished you with all kindsa praise.

And, yeah, that's right! Carmine Falcone actually went to Santa Prisca and tracked down Bane with every intention of murdering him. He had a personal death squad armed with machine guns that he'd bribed a customs official to hold onto. And I forgot about the sulfuric acid too, hahaha, nasty. Yeah, that's right, I didn't remember the detail correctly. He was right there with Bane about to murder him when Catwoman called him and struck up a deal.

Even more intense than we thought!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
So, I decided that although I've become too busy for Report Cards in the last year -- which does not mean I won't finish them! -- there's no reason for me to wait for each individual RC to put up someone's wincon resolution. Quite the opposite, in fact. The point of the RCs, after all, is the story of what they did and experienced, and the player's performance as an individual. These things can take all the time in the world (though hopefully start unrolling at a less glacial pace, haha) and I'm sure you all will still enjoy them. Win resolution and naming the MVP on the other hand have no real reason to be sat on.

Since it's been a while, here's the scale:

Loss: You lost. That's all there is to it. You can lose utterly, or you can lose more than you won. In the end it's all the same.

Mixed: This was a category I just recently added. This is for the people who did have a notable level of accomplishment in some respects, but plainly lost in others. Thus, it's a mixed bag, but you won more than you lost. If only slightly.

Moderate Win: You played a **** fine game, with few hiccups. However, there might be some unfinished business that would put you over the top. Or perhaps there was one major stagnation on your part, a major flaw that only served to undermine your business in a notable manner. This is for the people who won, undeniably, but whose wins could have been so much more.

Complete Win: You won. Period. There's nothing more to it. Any stagnations were but a speed bump on your path to victory, which you achieved, in every possible way. You were an unstoppable monster, rivaled only by other people of your brandy-swirling, cigar-smoking, monocle-wearing tier of competence. There were very few to reach this level, and I expect them to hold their breath and let me reveal them. I don't want anyone else to reveal it.

One MVP will be selected from the game and they'll get bragging rights forever and ever.

[yt]xSLlZh9yelk[/yt]

Batman

Player: Scav

Objective: Save Gotham City. Maintain sanity, dignity, and morals.

Result: Loss - Scav played a very exemplary Batman. Rigid, stoic, acting out the emotions of Batman through action more than talk. Took to the combat instantaneously, immediately becoming one of the best hand to hand fighters in AGame history. A great planner. Let me tell you about Scav planning for forty-five minutes to abduct one NPC. Bat-preparation at its finest.

But activity harmed him, badly. Scav had a really bad habit when it came to due diligence, as he'd often be checking up on solid but long-shot leads which certainly needed a Batman to investigate them, then going AWOL for the more substantive stuff because that was all the Batman time he was going to put in for the week. And as great as he was, the Joker and other villains really did manage to get under his skin -- by the end of the game Scav had broken the One Rule, and with numerous other falterings that would break the spirit of Batman. And, by extension, play a role in destroying the soul of Gotham City, which was the real ultimate conclusion of this game. And a big reason I decided that enough game had gone by to end everything while calling it a completed game.

Jim Gordon

Player: Mr.Lombardi34 --> Matunas

Objective: Police and protect Gotham City. Maintain sanity, dignity, and morals.

Result: Loss - Ah, but where to begin. I feel Lombo was miscast, for starters. His diligence and then activity weathered and eroded to near-nothingness by the time I had replaced him. But beyond that, the flaw I made in casting him thus was that I let myself be too influenced by the films. Lombo was good at all the things you see Gordon do in the movies, but his investigative work (especially when he stopped investing) wasn't up to snuff and that's a rather lopsided ratio. There's more resource management and investigation than physically catching bad guys. Lombo also should have redesigned a lot of the security in MCU and in convoy transportation protocols. I did intend for there to be mild exploitable design flaws in MCU's security so that the Gordon character (or Dent, or anyone really) would have to take some initiative to make sure lock and key is just that. Not that it would be easy, likely, or common to escape custody with your life, especially from the building itself. I could go on. At any rate, Lombo probably would have been better cast as Harvey Bullock, more bullheaded. Somebody that acts on leads twice as often as digging them up. Because I won't take anything away form him there.

Matunas, however, was absolutely fantastic. From the moment he replaced in he was changing policies and rearranging resources like a real police commissioner. He saved Batman personally from a very real threat of death at the hands of The Wrath (ask Scav about fighting that guy, dear god), dug up a lead that would have led them right to the Scarecrow's front door, and had penciled in a date to meet Henri Ducard at Club Fleur de Lis and slap the cuffs on him personally.

...but then he dropped off the face of the earth. Ducard lounged around boozing it up and smoking eight cigarettes at once. The Riddler caught the Scarecrow. And so on. Tuna's play could have turned the game right around had he stuck around, and it does still sadden me to think that this sudden surge in Good Guy momentum was quelled by mere inactivity and my having absolutely zero valid replacements.

Harvey Dent

Player: Mediocre

Objective: Represent Gotham City in the face of evil, lock up the bad guys, maintain sanity, dignity, and morals.

Result: Loss - Mediocre was a fantastic Harvey Dent, and a few short but great battles were had in the courtroom between us. However, in planning the Joker's transportation for arraignment, Dent was bamboozled by Falcone's strategy of harmless Joker imposters, and gave an order to fire on each and every one of them. This resulted in the deaths of numerous people -- criminals, yes, but unarmed criminals whose only instructions were to run around in a particular area and then run away.

Also, he took up an alter ego (the Plague Doctor) that ultimately ended up getting him captured by The Riddler during the big fight at the Wayne/Thorne Fundraiser. Not having a plan for him just yet, The Riddler released him. However, a brash decision by Dent to go after The Riddler immediately resulted in an almost immediate recapture, and as he had broken Riddler's precious Rules, he now had to be punished. Catwoman, whom Riddler had teamed up with fairly early, had accepted a job from Carmine Falcone to capture Harvey Dent alive. Catwoman then traded an unconscious Dent to Falcone associates -- Dent for money. Traded like a commodity. What resulted was probably one of the most harrowing things I've ever moderated, with an exceptional speech by McFox as Falcone that culminated in a bone-chilling event where Dent was beaten half to death and then splashed with acid across half of his body, with his innocent wife taking the majority of the acid. She died. So did Harvey. In a way.

Terry Gilliam

Player: Rockin

Objective: Help Gordon, Dent, and especially Batman save Gotham City.

Result: Mixed - Rockin was doing a good job. A really good job, actually. He made a significant impact on minimizing the chaos of the Scarecrow's fear gas release by pulling a Batman in Knightfall and just agonizing his way from one street to the next battling deranged citizens. He fought the Joker several times and managed to survive the encounters. He helped Batman capture Wilson, one of the two mass murderers of the Cool Breeze radio station employees. He found Bane as he was fleeing the scene of the Joker's escape, and tailed him to his hotel room, before suiting up as Robin for the first time and helping to capture him.

And, of course, he personally captured his arch-enemy Henri Ducard and several of his men, including his very well-trained protégé. This capture was absolutely huge, as it led to the good Ducard could have done as an informant (had Gordon kept him on a tighter leash), in capturing Ducard's driver had a conclusive link between Ducard and the Triads, and Ducard could have killed Robin at any time had Rockin heeded his constant taunts to fight him fairly. For those who did not know, Henri Ducard killed Terry Gilliam's best friend and roommate, a rookie cop, during one of his rampages. Would have loved to see them have a conversation after Ducard was behind bars. Although Robin was ultimately outsmarted and killed by the Joker, he lived and died a hero, as Gotham's one reliable and generally unflappable superhero. The other good guy's lost this one for Robin, as far as I'm concerned. With his canonizing death, he could have had a proper win if they had picked up the slack.

John Scott

Player: junglefever

Objective: Represent Gotham City in the face of evil, lock up the bad guys, maintain sanity, dignity, and morals.

Result: Moderate Win - So apparently jungle doesn't suck at characters that wear business suits and sit in offices. Fancy that! As Scott, jungle took over for Harvey Dent after he fled from his murders at the courthouse. He ended up being the best replacement I could have asked for.

Jungle had a nasty habit of destroying the bail status, financial status, and possible insanity pleas I would come up with. A big one was delving deep into the post-arrest investigations of Wilson Blackmoore. He ultimately managed to get him to admit to rationally deciding to do what he did, effectively destroying his insanity plea, which meant he would go to a proper prison, though Scott also arranged for him to have regular psychiatric help. He also managed to use legal technicalities to siphon away all of the money Black Mask's gang had left after they were captured by Batman and MCU, which resulted in them being eligible for bail but literally unable to post it. That trial didn't conclude but although I had some tricks up my sleeve, I believe jungle had anticipated exactly the angles I was going for and was probably going to kick my ***. Of course, it helped that Two Face killed the best attorney in town, haha.

Still. Jungle did some impressive stuff as Scott. I was looking forward to where he'd go with Wrath's case, as that'd be his first trial of a player character. Obviously, with the state of Gotham City as it was, and not having taken on a PC in the courts, I can't award jungle a complete win. But he certainly won. He had a substantial amount on his plate, and was more than doing his job. And he didn't crack. Not even when he'd been given Mr. Freeze's subzero condition -- he debated bail in a private meeting with a judge and Black Mask's gang's attorney while literally in a freezer, then told his rival to get his *** ready for court. Good ****, jungle.

Carmine Falcone

Player: McFox

Objective: Survive the new era of Gotham City and maintain the empire.

Result: Loss - Although his gang ended up faring near the best of any in the game, Falcone ended up doublecrossed multiple times. First by Henri Ducard, who arranged a meeting with him that was actually a sting operation with Gordon and MCU, which resulted in his arrest. Not long thereafter, Falcone and his attorney, reviled defence counsel Sebastian Stark (the best criminal attorney in the game), were manipulated by Harvey Dent -- now Two Face. Two Face came clean about what had happened to him after a period of sullen reservedness, stating that he wanted to press charges officially and get Falcone behind bars, even if that would take a plea bargain. However, at the plea bargain, Two Face quickly disabled the ability of any security to arrive on scene, knocked out Rachel Dawes, and did what he does best. Chance did not fare well for Carmine Falcone.

Despite all that, McFox played a very, very good game. He adapted the best of any mob boss to the "new" Gotham of supercrime. He made deals with the freaks while watching them warily and never putting himself in too precarious a position with them. The night he "killed" Harvey Dent is still branded into my memory and I don't think it will ever fade. Tom, as Catwoman, actually had to leave because s/he could not handle the morbid spectacle he was creating. This was mob justice, every ugly inch of it. McFox lived this role. If he hadn't fallen for the sting, he'd probably be sitting on a Mixed level, or a Moderate Win. Alas, he did, and that was just the opportunity Two Face needed.

Salvatore Maroni

Player: Ronike --> McFox --> NPC

Objective: Survive the new era of Gotham City and maintain the empire.

Result: Mixed - Ronike came in with the instinct that he could not possibly trust the Joker. Meeting him face to face changed some things, especially when the Joker grabbed the waitress that brought them their drinks and threw her to her death. This meeting managed to establish a new power dynamic, one more in the Joker's favor than the days of Falcone. Maroni stayed careful of course -- at all times. And he even managed to hold onto a fair amount of control, although the faux-gang war kicked off by the Penny Plunderer caused him to let the Joker off the leash and give him an actual army. This would surely have ended up being his downfall had Batman not arrested him first.

Unlike a lot of people, who were slightly boned by when the game ended, Maroni's slot benefited. The mafia was stronger than ever, and he was still alive and in charge, for however long that would last. Unfortunately, he was also in Batman's custody and was facing a life sentence ... if he's lucky.

Lau

Player: Virgilijus

Objective: Survive the new era of Gotham City, maintain his stronghold of Chinatown, and usurp and entrench in at least one territory of a rival gang.

Result: Mixed - Virg impressed me so much. As things happened in the news, he would always take a 'calculated' stance on what to do about it. Teehee, get it. Anyway, on the first day of gameplay, he began completely revamping the money laundering scheme given to him as part of his criminal resources, just to improve it. He sought a partnership with one and only one supercriminal, who agreed to leave his turf alone while pursuing others. He purchased new corporations in Hong Kong and China for R&D work to beef up his personal supercriminal, as well as his personal security, which included several airplanes with a chemical laser and heat signature targeting. Oof.

However, while one would have had one hell of a nightmare to face trying to take chinatown away from him (probably culminating in being blown up or cut in half by a laser), Virg just didn't make any moves to steal turf away. Turf ended up changing hands quite a bit in the game, and Virg never seemed like he was in on the action. I don't know if he was just sitting back in his chair thinking up some plans, or letting the Joker weaken rival factions before moving in, or what. But, he had the Mover & Shaker wincon of the four standard mob bosses, and he didn't move -- he merely shook. Regardless, a very fine performance indeed and I quite loved every last post Lau made in the thread.

Roland Gambol

Player: FlipStar

Objective: Survive the new Gotham City and maintain his turf. Also, kill Batman was an optional objective.

Result: Loss - Gambol was interesting. On the Night Zero game kickoff, the Joker targeted some of his men at random and killed two of them. Gambol, ever the old fashioned black thug life gangster, immediately put out a reward for the clown dead. I can't remember if he offered a bonus to bring him in alive "so I can teach him some manners, first". But that would have been hilarious and awesome. At any rate, Flipstar did well at first. He regularly checked in on his businesses -- illicit and legitimate -- and ruled the street-level of his gang with an iron fist. But then he was targeted by Catwoman and The Riddler.

Seduced by Catwoman, who was a hooker Gambol used to run back in the day before she broke free, he took her up to his penthouse suite for some interracial lovin'. Did I mention that Catwoman was a faux-NPC because of this? Did I mention how ****ing awkward that was for me? Augh. Anyway, falling for this ruse was the downfall of Gambol. As they were going at it, he was tazed. A brief fight ensued, but he was captured, and promptly abducted by The Riddler and Catwoman. Gambol ended up being used as the prize in a riddle for Gordon and Batman, including a Lightning Round where The Riddler would have the duo engage in a Riddle Off with Gambol for possession of evidence that would incriminate him in his conspiracy to commit murder. What a good premise. Anyway, Batman abandoned the riddle to go after the Joker upon learning of Robin's death, forfeiting the prize. Gambol was released with all of his possessions and allowed to go free. Unfortunately, his absence from his turf had resulted in a hostile takeover by The Chechen, who murdered his top lieutenants and then proceeded to buy off the remaining men. Gambol arrived home to an ambush from which there was no escape, shot in his own penthouse by his own men.

The Chechen

Player: Handorin

Objective: Survive the new Gotham City and maintain his turf.

Result: Loss - Hando ultimately just didn't take enough initiative. When he planned and executed a shock trooper massacre of Gambol's top guys and then proceeded to buy off those remaining, I was hoping this would be the turning point. But he just, well, didn't do anything. Now and then a lieutenant would phone him with some kind of important information, and Handorin would waffle before ultimately making a decision about what to do. Then he fled the city and nation on his yacht to Canada, resulting in his now quite increased powerbase having no centralization and being easier to tackle by the Joker and the mafia. He made even fewer decisions while hanging out in the yacht, and was ultimately tracked down by Ducard and Gordon. Gordon had given Ducard too much leash, and so Ducard fled the country to Canada to personally assault The Chechen, fighting his way through the yacht and bodyguards and ultimately cornering and killing The Chechen, launching him back onto his own bed, quite dead.

Henri Ducard

Player: marshy

Objective: Erase the decadent corruption from Gotham City. He would ultimately aim to kill all four crime bosses and Rupert Thorne. And anyone else that may compromise their place in things.

Result: Moderate Win - Ahhh marshy, you were almost there. Although The Chechen had ordered the body of Gambol be chopped up and burned in the furnace of the Dice Casino, Ducard managed to hit up the "word on the street", so to speak, and get confirmation of Gambol's death. I believe this was provided by The Riddler, who had one of his collar contraptions on Gambol's neck. After being captured by Robin and Gordon, he managed to leverage his position to continue to work towards his own goals, helping to arrange the sting that resulted in Falcone becoming a walking target for Dent, a fact I have to assume marshy had anticipated.

He talked a great deal with the Joker about killing Rupert Thorne (while working with Gordon to attempt to bring him down legally, which almost happened), and I believe he ultimately stood down and allowed the Joker to move forward and ultimately kill Thorne. And then he of course broke free of his shackles entirely by pretty much annoying Lombo to death, then went to Canada and personally pumped The Chechen full of bullets. Only Lau remained, initially his great ally, all along with death in his mind. His ultimate plan was going to be to enlist Batman, Robin, and his protégé (whom Robin had also captured) and assault LSI Tower. I don't know what would've happened there, man, but **** was gonna go down.

Killer Croc

Player: Yaya

Objective: Show Gotham for what it really is; ugly, tarred and soulless.

Result: Loss - Well, I've covered this already. Yaya had barely gotten started before he was duped by the Joker and led straight into the black-clad hands (and fists) of Batman. The later duping while they shared custody in MCU ended up being the death of him, as Gordon and his men were forced to use lethal force to stop the escape attempt Yaya was probably second-guessing even before he started it. And then he was dead.

The Wrath

Player: Omis

Objective: Save Gotham City... from the true evils of the establishment. Target law enforcement, the legal system, and all others like them. Ruin them. Basically, be the anti-Batman.

Result: Loss - Kind of funny that the anti-Batman also had activity troubles. On that note, activity troubles were the only thing truly wrong with Omis's play. He was positively fearsome in combat, including opening Batman up in a fair fight to what would have been a knockout blow, and presumably a kill shortly thereafter. He also gave Scav some of the worst injuries he faced in the entire game during their first encounter, where Omis was ambushed with absolutely no gear other than those of a standard police officer. He was also doing VERY interesting things with the character's motivations, from capturing a policeman, dressing him as a criminal, and escorting the "escaped prisoner" back to Blackgate Penitentiary while posing as the same police officer. Yes, that ****ing happened. He was up to some more interesting things later on, with some random kidnappings and then the targeting of public defender Marvin Heath (I believe that was his name) and brainwashing. I won't spoil it since I still intend to do his report card next, but suffice it to say that Marvin was very, very convinced that he was actually Commissioner Gordon.

Omis was doing some incredible stuff, but he just didn't do enough, and it bit him in the ***, as did one glaring oversight in his kidnappings. Despite escaping MCU once, he was recaptured after round two with Batman, and the new leadership of Matunas-Gordon definitely wouldn't have allowed for an escape. I couldn't have asked for a better Wrath, though -- simply a more active one.

Hush

Player: Pythag

Objective: Usurp the Batman's mantle as the most fearsome creature in Gotham. Make it a known fact in Gotham City. Then kill him.

Result: Loss - Pythag played damn well, with some excellent detective work and shenanigans leading him to the door of Black Mask, who was to be a grand part of his schemes. He also managed to play the one card, when captured by Batman, that prevented him from being turned over to Gordon's custody -- that he knows he's Bruce Wayne. If Pythag were more active he could have really capitalized on the times the press was beginning to turn against Batman, and then sought him out. I think the kill itself would have been a rather simple matter, as a fifty caliber sniper rifle will go through any armor and Hush was the best shot in the game.

Anyway, the problem with Pythag -- as he so eloquently put it later -- is that he didn't "level up". The best players in this game stayed on top of current events and the spread of certain kinds of technology, such as electrical weaponry and freeze technology. Pythag didn't, and he ended up fighting the Joker with nothing but his starter suit, standard kevlar armor, and some guns he had just stolen from a military base. He made several shots on the Joker that, had he possessed armor-piercing weapons, would have killed him. Which would not only make him not be dead, but surely skyrocket him toward his win condition. Just another case of great player, great play, didn't pull it together.

Rupert Thorne

Player: mentosman8

Objective: Survive the new Gotham City. Become its elected mayor. Then, become the Governor.

Result: Loss - Mentosman did a great job capitalizing on political opportunities as they arose and phased the mafia ties he started the game with out of his life as he moved closer to the campaign trail. He also made all the right answers when questioned by reporters -- quite the politician he was. Of course, it helps that people kept murdering mayors. Not that it helped him when the trend continued.

His tough on crime initiatives would have had real pull with the governor race, as would his help with distributing sarin gas blockers and scarecrow gas antitoxin. It helps that Thorne came within inches of killing or capturing the Joker like five different times throughout the game. Alas, the Joker proved just a shade too wily, and managed to kill the well-protected Thorne. It's a shame, as mentos was sitting on a moderate win already so long as he managed to stay out of jail after his incriminating phone conversation with Henri Ducard. But that's just how well Eor did things, I guess, haha. Good stuff, though, Mentos. Mentos talked with me for ages about the things he'd have done if he could do the game over, being more proactive being a particularly important goal.

Spellbinder

Player: <3

Objective: Spread his message of the hellish, mindless existence all of Man faces. Tear apart the twisted illusions.

Result: Loss - Ahhhh LessThanThree, but you did have some wonderful plans. Maybe one day we can resolve them with a Batman What-If. Regardless, this was another inactivity gone to hell situation. He'd do things so sporadically that by the end of it all, he didn't get anything done. He did a damn fine job, though. Funny enough, Batman actually found his hideout once, but couldn't make heads or tails of it and seemed to forget about it later.

Bane

Player: Ronike --> karthik king

Objective: Become the new top dog in Gotham City.

Result: Loss - I've been over this one at length. Good groundwork at the start fizzled into not as good play and then (what else is new in this game) a death at the hands of the Joker.

Black Mask

Player: camo-man

Objective: Get revenge on Bruce Wayne. Establish and entrench himself in at least one piece of territory, laying claim to Gotham City as one of its crime bosses.

Result: Mixed - Although he died, and died in a most slow and miserable fashion, I can't take away the **** that he accomplished. The 11-2 terrorist attack, the ensuing capture of Gotham's airwaves which led to a trap that nearly killed Gordon, the synchronized bank robberies and mass murders at which they took place. The Cool Breeze massacre and the prolific killers were actually a ruse by himself to establish himself as a police informant. He stole inmates from transport to Arkham Asylum to use for the more unusual, edgier, or suicidal tasks he needed, including Mr. Zsasz. He poisoned Hamilton Hill long before the Joker got to him, and cut Commissioner Loeb's head of and mailed it to Gordon via a toy airplane. He was developing a full code/lexicon for his men ("in character" he already had one, but he was in the process of writing the actual thing). Everything Camo did was an anticipation of an anticipation of etc etc and then things blow up. Also, he sure as hell got all kinds of revenge.

But. He still got captured, Riddled with a vengeance, and ultimately killed.

Harley Quinn

Player: Pira

Objective: Help the Joker do his wonderful things

Result: Moderate Win - She went on a few rampages with the Joker, stole bears and other dangerous animals for him, and other small henchwomanly accomplishments. However, she was absolutely instrumental in taking down Rupert Thorne. Eor had a half-done plan to get to Thorne, involving bombings and the like, but could not think of a way to actually get to him without being swarmed by security. HQ suggested that they pose as a SWAT team. It ended up working absolutely perfectly. She also saved the Joker's life on the helicopter, as Thorne had immediately put a parachute on upon entering. When he fought with the Joker and his men, he yanked the ripcord on the parachute. Thorne's next action was to grab the joker and haul him out alongside himself, then drop him. This was the closest he got to killing the Joker, because it WOULD HAVE WORKED.

But, HQ had pretended to reassure him by massaging his shoulders, when in reality she was sabotaging the parachute with a knife. Thorne felt suspicions, significant suspicions, but pushed them aside. It was the death of him, and his greatest opportunity to shine as a hero to Gotham City and the nation as a whole. That was Harley Quinn. She also helped in fighting him, obviously.

Definitely good **** from a first-timer.

Clock King

Player: Shy Guy --> Crimson King

Objective: Get revenge on Charles Midland and his company, Midland Engineering. Kill Mayor Anthony Garcia. Kill Charles Midland and his sons.

Result: Moderate Win - A hard one to classify, but I realized Clock King (both of them) accomplished just barely most of his objectives. Both Shy Guy and Crimson King used the character's expert sense of timing in conjunction with a whole lot of stalking to great effect. The main R&D plant for Midland was completely destroyed, and seventy-odd people were killed -- a landslide top kill count at the time. More stalking, and then Stuart Midland, one of the two sons, was murdered. He was left in an important Midland warehouse, which was storing the precious stock designed at the R&D plant, a Midland M-Cell, basically a super battery that multiplies an energy input an exponential number of times. Clock King stole every one of them before burning the building to the ground with Stuart inside.

Thennnnnn he went inactive. Luckily, he had also already killed Anthony Garcia. For the longest time people thought the Joker or Rupert Thorne staged the attack during the debate. This was actually a henchman hired by Clock King, who was working with Clock King via radio to time everything perfectly. Garcia was mortally wounded, and would have died en route to the hospital even if the Joker had not run him over. What's funny is that Clock King put no personal stamp on the Midland R&D plant bombing, and then through the Joker showing up literally at random and running over Garcia on his stretcher, people just assumed it was another crazy Joker plan and never really looked far beyond that. Everything about that was so funny.

Anyway. When CK replaced he was working on infiltrating the Midland organization, having gotten one of his men to take up a job there and then proceeding to kill henchmen who run important jobs. This includes the Midland security guard who was struck by traffic in downtown, which was actually orchestrated by Clock King taunting him and then leading him into it. I'm pretty sure this plan was going to work, but of course, Midland had his own tricks up his sleeve.

Good stuff from both of them, but also lots of distressing inactivity.

The Scarecrow

Player: KevinM

Objective: Spread fear. Become fear. Make all of Gotham fear the Scarecrow.

Result: Mixed - He spread the hell out of that fear. His one strike was a very surgical one indeed; well-selected, and causing a massive number of carnage. The assistance of the Joker's killing the cops that held the frenzied toxin-afflicted masses at bay and releasing them into the city caused Scarecrow kill count to tick so high that no one would match it for all the rest of the game.

But, well. Unfinished business. People were afraid, certainly, but everybody thought the Joker or Black Mask did it. Scarecrow needed a debut to introduce himself and really show that they are not safe, that what happened that night could happen again at any time. That would cinch either level of proper win, depending on how things go.

But, you know. Inactivity woes, and all that. When Kevmo did play, he was great. This is a strangely common trend.

Penny Plunderer

Player: smashman90

Objective: Become a hideous monster of a villain. Wretched in all ways. Kill. Inspire fear. Succeed at villainy, as he never could as a "good man".

Result: Moderate Win - Smashy played an impressive game. He stayed completely on top of all gadgetry and the like as they came up in the news media and such, ending up with a rather fearsome set of battle weapons and armor that would leave him able to take on SWAT teams by himself, and even heavies like Batman. With all of his planning and gadgetry, though, he didn't quite get over the top. Gotham City definitely ****s its pants at the idea of seeing PP show up, even moreso after his train derailing attack and nearly destroying Phoenix Pharmaceuticals and all its ever so hopeful cancer research. Overall his play was just a lot more impressive than I was expecting. He also managed to turn the usual silly smashman behavior into actual useful things to do, such as his attempt to **** a guard while in custody to aid his insanity plea -- this resulted in him getting Gordon at his mercy, able to snap his neck at any time if he so chose. On that note, PP nearly killed Gordon during a firefight with him which resulted in his initial arrest, though Gordon's life was saved by his partner Hugo Flass. PP then killed Flass, making him the only supervillain to murder an MCU detective. He also personally started the gang war between the eastern europeans and the italian mafia by posing as an italian and blowing up the eastern europeans' meet-up spot, Samovar, and posing as an italian mafia member while he did it. The real reason was to cover up a secret, while also hoping to inspire chaos. The result was Maroni letting Joker off the chain, and then the Joker shooting up a nightclub full of innocent people (and eastern europeans) and firing multiple rocket launchers from a lamborghini to kill dozens of SWAT team members, so I'd say he succeeded there.

Just good play all around. I'm wondering what his Big Debuts would have been. I know he particularly wanted to kill the Joker to show that he's the real fear around this town, and with the gear setup he had he'd have a damn good chance to do it in a straight fight.

Two Face

Player: Mediocre

Objective: Give a "fair trial" to the people who stand accused of the murder of Harvey Dent. On the list sat: The Riddler, Catwoman, The Joker, Carmine Falcone, Salvatore Maroni, Bane, Sebastian Stark, Jim Gordon, Batman.

Result: Moderate Win - Although he did not get far through his list, a bit of that was my fault, as I had a mixup in some details that resulted in Medi being frozen for a while, unfortunately. However, he managed to find out the identity of the shadow he saw watching him behind a murky window, Catwoman, embezzle millions of dollars for goon hiring, escaped the Riddler's control in a completely convoluted but impressive manner (he was the only person to do it, ever), and of course, manipulate the system to make Falcone and Stark vulnerable. He also succeeded at "ruining" Falcone, as was his intention, traveling to New England to introduce himself to Falcone's sons. Chance was not kind to them either.

Medi accomplished about as much as he could have within the unfortunate meta-constraint he had put on him, and I have to commend that. Also, his encounter with Stark, Falcone, and Rachel Dawes at the supposed plea bargain meeting was every bit as haunting as the acid scene earlier. He even punched Rachel. Remember TDK? Yeah, imagine that. Imagine that happening. **** man.

I'll save the last couple for later because oh my god this took so much longer than I thought it would. But they are our carefully selected and eminently mulled upon Complete Winners; Eor, The Joker ; Tom, Catwoman ; Macman, Mr. Freeze ; Mashad, The Riddler.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh man this game was mad complex. I knew way too little of what was going on xD. Def props to everyone that played and its cool to see alot of people played their parts well. If inactivity was a non issue, I wonder how ridiculously crazy this game would have gotten.

Good **** to EE for designing a game that allowed for quite a bit of flexibility and freedom in what could go down. a game that created its own stories and rivalries and partnerships. Dynamic storytelling.

good stuff

(also its amazing to be included with the likes of Tom, Eor, and Mashad in having a complete win. Tho they were easily on a whole nother level of badass than I was)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I will forever regret not typing Knock hand off shoulder "Sorry, but I can't trust anyone right now." Even knowing a good deal of details, some of this still surprised me(ex. Clock King being the one responsible for the murder of Garcia, had no clue on that one xD)

smashman90

Smash Lord
Dammit, I had so many plans that I was gonna do. I was gonna attack the Chinese Mafia via another bombing like the one I did at Samovar and blame it on the Italians by leaving a bunch of Joker cards at the scene. As for why I bombed Samovar, I had recently gotten plastic surgery and I went to the Europeans for a fake ID and stuff. The guy recognized me and to get rid of any evidence, I bombed the bar and blamed it on the Italians. I was also planning to get some of remmants of the European gang to join me. I was also the one who bombed the Italians as well. I had alot of fun starting that gang war and watching chaos ensue. XD

Another plan that I was gonna do was to kill Catwoman. She started it by having a guard beat the crap outta me while we were in jail and I wanted revenge. I was gonna capture her and video tape me killing her (I was gonna casually decapitate her with my Penny Shield) and then I was gonna mail her head in a box filled with pennies to the GCPD building. I think I was even gonna stuff an explosive in her head just to inflict some damage to the GCPD. Not only was it going to end my feud with TomCat, but it was gonna get some Bat action. I knew that they were probably having some hanky panky (hell, they almost always do) and with her dead, that would've made him lose his cool and he would be susceptible to the oodles of traps I was gonna have ready for him. Plus, with the weaponry that I already had, Batsy was gonna have a tough time fighting me.

One of my plans was to kill all the people responsible for me getting fired from my bank job and even though I didn't kill everybody, I had managed to get some of them. I think I had gotten like half of them, I think.

Another plan that I had in mind was one that I had gotten from The Batman cartoon (it was one of the Killer Croc episodes). I was literally going to flood parts of Gotham city through some pump valves in the sewers until my demands were met.

After I had bombed the Italians, the Riddler had found me and managed to capture me. We were discussing some stuff and I think we were also discussing the possibility of an alliance or something like that, but I don't recall the outcome due to the game ending. I think it would've been one hell of an alliance had the game continued.

One thing that EE forgot to mention was that I had an ally by the name of Firefly. She was also my lover. We started doing **** like burning her ex and her ex's home. I was also building a bunch of fire-based weaponry for her or at the very least designed some for her before I was captured by Riddler.

As for some of my gadgets, here's a few of them (or at least my main ones):

-The Pennymobile: My car was like friggin Speed Racer's car. It was heavily armored, I had built in springs and stuff to make my car jump up into the air, and I had a bit of a security system just in case people got on my car. I had some ports on my car that would've shot flames out of it to get people off my car. Hell, my windows and stuff were even bullet resistant.

-Penny Shield: This probably would've been my trademark weapon. It was gigantic shield in the shape of a penny (it even had Abe Lincoln on it). It had a few nifty tricks to it like I designed it to also be a circular saw and Lincoln's mole could be fired and the mole itself had about the strength of grenade. I also made a button to drop my shield in case of emergencies.

-The Dispenser: My 4 barreled shotgun. I stole two double barreled shotties, a rod and some wire and made me a makeshift behemoth. I drilled the rod into all of the pumps so that I could just grab the rod and use it to pump all of the shotties at once. I also had a strap to help protect me from the recoil. Had I gotten the chance to use it, I definitely would've messed up some people. I would've loved to use this on somebody like the Joker or Batsy. They would've been in for a surprise.

-Penny Nades: Homemade grenades in the form of penny rolls. These were the first weapons I made. I had made them with a variety of effects (flashbang, smoke, frag, etc.) and even colored coded them so that I knew which was which.

As for my armor, I had done a good job protecting myself. I had created copper armor to help protect me from gunfire and I think I used other metals like titanium to help make my armor tougher. I had also covered it in rubber to protect me from electricity. I had stolen an old WWI gasmask to protect me from stuff like the fear gas. I took into consideration alot of things when it came to weapons and armor.

I think my most successful plan was looking like a fool to deceive everybody. I really enjoyed making myself look like a fool just to fool you guys. Because of that, I managed to cause alot of destruction and got away with alot of stuff. Despite the fact that I didn't really show up on the news often, I was causing quite a bit of havoc. XD

Top Bottom