• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Batman: We Own the Knight (mee-OWWwwwwww - Catwoman Report Card is up!)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
That's right, a Batman adventure game. It's not too late to contribute some stores to the Gotham City Commerce topic (rattling around here in DG, on the first page), but the game is on quite soon!

This game will be unlike other Adventure Games, as it will give you the freedom to explore all of Gotham City, and most of your interactions will probably be with NPCs.

Here's the layout:

Monday to Friday will be the Daytime Hours. These commence from whatever time you choose to wake up until the late evening.

Friday to Sunday will be the Night Hours. This goes from the late evening until the early morning.

Standard Adventure Game rules that most of you should know by now. Bold your actions, that kind of thing. A few rules of note!

Rules

1) AIM is required. Although your actions will be mostly private, with occasional bumping into other Player Characters, AIM is simply the fastest and most efficient way to get in your actions, and the only way to have a proper conversation with other characters.

2) You cannot just PM someone out of the blue. The exceptions are if you have the person's cell phone number, if you are in the same room but one of you is not on AIM, and other things of that nature.

3) I require all logs of AIM conversations and all PMs must be CC'd to me.

4) If you are trying to find a type of store or business, simply Open the yellow pages. This will net you a comprehensive list of all such businesses in the District of your choice.

5) You may know that Bruce Wayne is Batman but your character does not. I will not allow metagaming strategies based on the preknown identity of Batman.

6) Make a new account with the avatar/name of your character. It helps with the immersion and all, even though your character won't be hidden.

7) No exiting the map area is permitted, unless specifically stated in your character's role PM.

8) No editing posts.

And now for a basic explanation of the Thread.

The Thread

The thread is not your typical Adventure Game radio log, or what have you. It is all news media. Every game morning, there will be a newspaper with a few articles of note, be sure to read them.

On occasion, GCN (Gotham City News) will offer a special news bulletin with breaking news. However, as GCN is its own channel, you can of course turn it on at any time during the day (as long as you're near a TV) to see what's happening in the city.

Every Night, there will be a talk show featuring... uh, that guy from the Dark Knight's special features, his name escapes me. Anyway, this may have a prominent, playable character guest, or just another NPC. This show also accepts call-ins. To call in, you must be on AIM while I am typing up the transcript of the show, and I will let everyone playing the game that is online know that the call-in section of the show has begun.

When not performing the newspaper, talk show, or breaking news duties, the thread will be Gotham's foremost talk radio station, and you can call in at any time to request a song or perhaps tell them you're going to rob Gotham National Bank, or something. As such, you can still post in the thread, but remember that it isn't The Fog's catch-all radio frequency. Keep in mind exactly what you are doing and why you are posting.

Activity Nudge

If you are going to be away for a while (although you have an entire week to catchup on Day Hours and the whole weekend to do your Night Hours), just set up a routine. If you weren't planning to do anything much that day, you could always just PM or AIM me a list of your daily routine (get up, shower, go to work, get groceries, whatever) before you bugger off. It only takes a second, right?

And now, for some maps. I will be using official Gotham City maps for this game.

Basic Map

This map gives you an idea of where all the landmarks are relative to one another, and such. Things like Jim Gordon's house, obviously, will not be the same, but this is otherwise the official game map.

District Map

This map gives you an idea of which District is which. Crime levels vary from district to district.

If you wanted to access information about one of the districts, just call it by its color. Red district, black district, brown district, pink district, cyan district, blue district, dark red district. You get the idea.

Transportation

There are several L-train stops in each district. If you want to take the train, just let me know, and I'll tell you where the nearest stop is. Then tell me which district you want to go to, and I'll give you a few stops within the district -- pick one. Uh you can take the bus too, if you want. Or cabs, or motorcycles, or cars, or etc

City Life

Odds are, you have bills to pay, and you need to eat/drink, and so on. I don't to overburden this with reality, so everybody will have a catch all Utilities Bill, rent/mortage, and whatever to make that as little a nuisance as possible. Just mail off your bills, there's a mailbox everywhere.

It doesn't hurt to scope out the city. If you have nothing to do for your Night Hours, maybe check out a bar, or a club, or a Gotham City Gargoyles game. You might make friends. For villains, friends are alibis. Basically, treat the game as if it were reality, and it will probably reward you with some strategy you wouldn't have thought up otherwise.

Sign up... now. Total number of slots is indeterminate, but roles will be random number generated. Even if you sign up via AIM, post here anyway.

ROSTER

Batman - Scav

Gordon - Mr.Lombardi34

Dent - Mediocre

Falcone - McFox

Lau - Virgilijus

Gambol - Flipstar

The Chechen - Handorin

Ducard - Marshy

The Joker - Eor

Killer Croc - Yaya

Mr. Freeze - Macman

The Wrath - Omis

Hush - Pythag

Thorne - mentosman8

Catwoman - Tommosaurus Rex

Spellbinder - <3

Penny Plunderer - smashman90

Bane - karthik_king

The Riddler - tmw_redcell

Black Mask - camo-man

The Scarecrow - KevinM

Anarky - Crimson King?????? (hasn't checked in)

Clock King - Shy Guy

MEDIA STUFF

Gotham Gazette:

October 27th, 2008
October 28th, 2008
October 29th, 2008
October 30th, 2008
October 31st, 2008

November 1st, 2008
November 2nd, 2008

November 3rd, 2008
November 4th, 2008
November 5th, 2008
November 6th, 2008
November 7th, 2008

November 8th, 2008
November 9th, 2008

November 10th, 2008
November 13th, 2008
November 14th, 2008

November 15th, 2008
November 16th, 2008

November 17th, 2008
November 18th, 2008
November 19th, 2008
November 20th, 2008
November 21st, 2008

November 22nd, 2008

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Evil Eye and myself talked about this before, since we all knew he was making this, and we both agreed that this will no way interfere with Infection (especially since so many of you have already died there). So don't think "Well I'm already in one game I won't have time for another", that's not true. Infection will end probably within the next two weeks, while this game will probably go on for months, and Infection and this are both based on NPCs and being able to play by yourself, and because of that we should never have the problem of "oh all the people are online should we play Infection or Gotham?".

So ****ing join this game!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm very tempted to join this(haven't really done a forum adventure game before, but I read through The Fog and it sounded pretty fun), I gotta think about my scheduling though to make sure I would have time... I'll either post again or edit this in a couple hours once I figure out if I'll have the time.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'd like to let you guys know how ecstatic I am to see new faces in Adventure Games. They really are a lot of fun, and DG needs fresh blood.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
After looking up my work/school schedule(I hate the start of a semester, every bit of available free time changes>_>)I've only got 2 days a week I'm tied up for even most of the day, and both of those are during the much longer span of day hours... So I'm in

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Are you ever online Ronike? :F

Also AIM = America Online Instant Messanger. Just go to www.aol.com and look for the AIM tab on the left side. Should be self-explanatory from there.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Are you ever online Ronike? :F
Yeah! I just haven't been on in like a week due to spending the last week of my vacation with my home friends and family before having to go back to college. Im back now, so I should be on more often. Plus I have wireless internet again, which helps...

If you are talking about AIM, I just started using it again. ronike21 tis my SN.

P

Penny Plunderer

Bow before the awesome might that is the Penny Plunderer!

Bane the Breaker

Deceased
Oh please, leave the crime to those of us less enthused with the idea of executing a master plan where the reward is mere pocket change. Those with a brain know that they should instead bow to Bane, lest they find themselves broken.

H

Harvey Dent

Don't worry.

I'll make sure you all wind up in the same place.

TheJoker

Clown Prince
BRoomer
This thread is boring. Let's spice it up a little!

Vote for which person you want me to flail alive. Vote once, vote soon! On Friday, the person with the highest amount of votes wins the prize!

Killer Croc

Deceased
Yes, 2nd place is going to be hand delivered by the one, the only, Killer Croc, I'll actually let you choose, should I mutate your home, or should I mutate YOU?

Vote: Batman

Top Bottom