• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Miami Heat deserve whatever they get for showboating before season starts. There's a reason why they are the most hated team in the league.

Dirk...did what exactly? I think the only bad thing he ever said was he was gonna win not one, not two, not three, not four, but 10 million championships. Sorry, I'm just defending him. He's my guy.

tko112

Smash Lord
I'm only hoping that the Heat play better in the 4th quarter than they have, uh every other game

and if it does go into a Game 7 (which knowing how desperate the Heat, it will), then everyone's getting paper

Jane

Smash Hero

cool image but imo they should have made wade look more "leader-like" i understand making bron the king, but wade needs to be way more badass, and in the middle.

edit- AAAND they need to put my ***** bibby in there.

Jane

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA1UpMMmV6A

OK WE POPPIN CHAMPAGNE LIKE WE WON A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

LOOK LIKE I GOT ON A CHAMPIONSHING RANG!

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Congrats to the Mavs, they really deserved this one the way they played. Gotta say, I felt a bit bad for Wade and Bosh seeing the way they felt after leaving the court. I have less mercy for Lebron, who childishly refused to shake hands with the other team. Whatever. What's done is done. We can thank both teams for an amazingly exciting finals, one of the best in recent memory.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
great win for the mavs and a great finals
congratulations to the players, cuban, carlisle,and dallas-they deserve it
Next year is gonna be great:)

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Once again, another great NBA Finals in the books. Congrats to the Mavs. Good to see a lot of their veteran players finally win an NBA Championship. Dallas was really an amazing team all playoff long. The comebacks, 3 pt shooting, and overall ability to play as a team.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
I'm so happy right now! So glad the Mavs finished it in game6. Dirk really deserved this. I'm at a lost for words... I can't believe it.

tko112

Smash Lord
Congrats to Dirk, Kidd, and Jason Terry, after all those years, they finally get their 1st NBA title ring, and rightfully deserved it

inb4 Dirk gets Finals MVP honors

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Congrats to Dirk and Jason Kidd. **** the rest of the Mavs.

Heat demolished #1 seeded Chicago and my most hated team in history, the Celtics. Successful first year is successful. My loyalty/opinion about LeBron James is a bit faltered now. Need to think on him more. Still a Heat fan though... ALWAYS.

Time to get drunk. Peace out homedawgs.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Star of season, Heat were projected to make ECF unless you were Chris Broussard. Expectations change over the year though and they clearly became a real favorite. That fourth quarter just displayed more Heat hero ball. Wade and LBJ taking some tough shots.

I will say this though, whenever LBJ looks apthetic or lethargic in a series, he comes back next year stronger. Reason I say this, LBJ sucked vs Boston last year and ***** them this year. Of course, he got owned in the Finals a while back vs the Spurs...so I dunno.

So happy for the Mavs. Discussions will be popping up about Dirk and Kidd's place all time.

Linguini

Smash Master
Can't hate, the mavs looked pretty beast out there tonight and they deserved it more than the heat.

It's going to be a hard journey for the heat from now on, but hopefully we got rid of most of the band wagoners with them losing the finals......

that 3 point shooting was ridic

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Depending on whatever the CBA does, the Heat can have another mid-level exception. If they do consider trading Bosh (which they shuldn't IMO because they got to the Finals...you don't wanna be like the Celtics) then you can get some nice pieces similar to Dirk.

At the same time, Cuban is gonna have to open his check book. Barea and Chandler are free agents.

Somewhere right now, Kobe is making this face.

pesticide

Smash Lord
Im really glad the Mavs won. I think their players deserved it more than the Heat players. The Heat are probably gonna turn into a dynasty (or at least make it to a few finals) over the next 5 years. Dirk and J-Kidd deserved to get a ring though because if they didnt win it this year, they most likely would never get another chance like this again before they retired. They've both had too good of careers to always be looked down on just because they never got a ring. Glad that's never going to happen now

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
What is also interesting about the Mavs winning the NBA championship is that they somewhat broke a dynasty run of teams winning the championship. Since 1980 I think only 8 teams had won it. (Bulls, Lakers, Spurs, Rockets, Pistons, Celtics, 76ers, Heat). If you take the single Heat and Mavs championships away then it is 6.

Had the Heat won, then the Heat as a franchise would have had two. They would have just been a new team in the trend, like the Rockets were in the 1990's. The Heat definately have the capability to win at least one championship or more, but it's interesting and a bit shocking to see a different team hoist the O'Brien trophy this time around. In 2006 it was also different for the Heat to have done this as well.

Top Bottom