• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah...any optimism for Heat is that....The Finals played out THE SAME WAY last year in terms of wins and losses. Lakers went back home down 3-2.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Mavs shot LIGHTS OUT from the 3 tonight that WILL NOT happen again... Or else this series is over.

Heat are going back home for that much needed fan love.
No more tip tap calls for the Mavs.
LeBron will finally go off. Still waiting for that big game from him.

I still believe.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't even know if LBJ will go off anymore. I mean, even with Wade out of action, he was still meh. A lot of his early baskets coming from transition and lay ups via cutting.

Miami bench I believe outscored the Dallas bench. However, it will be important to see if we see another great performance from Chalmers and Miller. I know Barea and Terry will come back down to Earth.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If there's any time for LeBron to truly step up as the best player in the NBA it's now. No more tweets, no more excuses, and most of all no more feeling sorry for him if he ****s up.

I've always said since the regular season that LeBron is the best player on this Heat team and in the NBA despite the fact that Wade has been and always will be my guy. If LeBron continues to be average for the rest of this series and the Heat end up losing how can I truly believe that anymore if he isn't gonna show up when it counts?

I won't feel sorry for LeBron if the Heat end up losing this series and he ends up getting non-stop criticism he at this point has now put this on himself.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I honestly don't get LBJ. This is one time I wish I had mind reading powers to see what the hell is going on inside his brain. He has the talent and gift to be the best player in the world, but everytime he takes a step forward, he takes two steps back. I mean, dude isn't even hitting his 3's anymore compared to Boston, Chicago and the first game. What happened?

It's either fatigue or his girlfriend. That's my guess. However, most players use that stuff to fuel their game. Tony Parker with his divorce, Kobe when he was dealing with the **** case, MJ with any criticism he had, Dirk when he was going through that crap with his ex. Only Gasol and LBJ I've seen regress.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
u mad tho?
JET Terrry, doing Seattle proud
Nope my team made it past the first round.

I'm not one to trash talk but I'd suggest you don't try to trash talk the Heat unless you can actually make well thought out posts like Maaaan and TBO. Otherwise I'm just gonna start coming back at your team.

Just a warning.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
Nope my team made it past the first round.

I'm not one for trash talk but I'd suggest you don't try to trash talk the Heat unless you can actually make well thought out posts like Maaaan and TBO. Otherwise I'm just gonna start coming back at your team.

Just a warning.
woah calm down bro
look at the quote in my post, you started this haha. the whole reason i said "u mad tho?" is because you said it first after i made a post about chalmer's 1st quarter buzzer beater. honestly I don't see why you lashed out like that. I was frustrated by a lucky shot by your team, made a post in frustration, came back to the boards and saw you instigating something
just a warning lol
feel free to rip "my team" to shreds if it makes you feel better

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
woah calm down bro
look at the quote in my post, you started this haha. the whole reason i said "u mad tho?" is because you said it first after i made a post about chalmer's 1st quarter buzzer beater. honestly I don't see why you lashed out like that. I was frustrated by a lucky shot by your team, made a post in frustration, came back to the boards and saw you instigating something
just a warning lol
feel free to rip "my team" to shreds if it makes you feel better
Because hardly any of your posts ever have any substance to them and always consist of some sort of Heat hate so I thought I'd ask the traditional question... Why are you mad? You're the only who attacked my team afterwards, so I attacked yours.

It's fine if you attack the Heat, but when you do don't act like a troll. If that's too much to ask for then I can't take your posts seriously anymore.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
to be fair, you posted more than anyone else in the last few pages, most of those posts had "no substance," instead they were posts made after something happened in the game, which is what many of my posts in this thread are like. Is it really such a crime for me to post my immediate thoughts on the game? Surely I don't need to come into this thread post analytical thoughts on the nba after every game. I could, but i would rather not. You are honestly not really one to complain about rooting for or against any team, it's pretty clear that you love the heat and you have shown that MANY times throughout this thread

just for fun checked the last page and you actually had every other post haha
then looked through some of my older posts lol. I can see where you're coming from..

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Heat in 7.

TRG. Who do you take in these past two games to start alongside Wade? Kobe or LBJ?
Just based off of how LeBron's done in this series I'd take prime Kobe any day of the week... Maybe even current Kobe. At least he'd go down fighting. I'm not seeing that type of fight from LeBron at all so far.

LAW just ask yourself this question- What makes more sense to you a guy making a lot of posts supporting his team of a Blazers fan making constant posts against said team? Probably the former. Everyone in this thread except for you comes in here and makes good posts, but for whatever reason every time I see your name come up it's something against the Heat and it annoyed me since I know you're a Blazers fan which is why I asked "y u mad." Your comment after that was just trolling... and I don't like trolls. If you aren't one then there's no need to act like it.

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
heat's going to win the series.... LBJ has potential, he has skill, and i have the feeling that he'll pull it off. the only reason they lost was cause d-wade wasn't there for a while.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
TRG last post and i'm done- th isis off-topic and doesn't matter. I guess that I am a blazers fan, but really only for 2 reasons. 1-they came to my school and played a game for us this year and 2- they are the closest team I have ever since the sonics were stolen. I acknowledged that my former posts were a little ridiculous, I hadn't even really noticed it. I don't like the heat, so when i see you're constant posts it frustrates me, just like mine do to you. Another thing that frustrates me is that you are lucky enough to live in a city with a good team, yet you spend all your time rooting for the heat. I am obviously bitter about that because of my location but when i see people disregarding their home team and solely following another team it makes me really mad for obvious reasons. It could be worse, you could be making all of these posts about OKC;)

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I nominate TRG for the biggest crybaby in the thread award.

So tired of you scumbag intellectual types acting like there's a right way and wrong way to post, especially in the POOL ROOM in a thread about a BASKETBALL GAME.
"You better start posting in a way I deem to be acceptable, or else you're a troll who I'm not going to take seriously"

Stop being such a child. Nobody likes the heat. Get used to it son.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lmao, you guys are so stupid. TRG is a huge basketball fan for the Heat just like I'm a huge fan for the Lakers. After the Lakers lost Game 2 against the Mavs, I didn't sleep until 5 AM cause I was that pissed. And when I did sleep, I only slept for 3 hours. I genuinely wanted to hit a few of my friends cause they wouldn't leave me alone about it. When the Lakers were heading home down 3-2 against the Celtics, I was anxious, pissed, and irrational. If you care for a team a lot, you can't expect someone to be all up there in the head. The worst time to attack someone is when they aren't alright. People do it all the time in sports, and people make irrational responses all the time in sports. It's nothing about being a crybaby. The guy is just hurt about his team losing.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
LOL of course it's being a crybaby. The results of a basketball game being played hundreds of miles away from you has absolutely no effect on your life unless you let it.

If you let it effect you to the point where you'll use it as an excuse to talk down to people and be a douchebag, then yes......yes.

Crybaby.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I nominate TRG for the biggest crybaby in the thread award.

So tired of you scumbag intellectual types acting like there's a right way and wrong way to post, especially in the POOL ROOM in a thread about a BASKETBALL GAME.
"You better start posting in a way I deem to be acceptable, or else you're a troll who I'm not going to take seriously"

Stop being such a child. Nobody likes the heat. Get used to it son.
Who the **** are you??? :laugh: My bad LAW you're not mad. This guy is.

Multiply idiots like this guy x1000000000 and I think you'll understand why I get frustrated so easily.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
lol @ somebody who joined in May 2008 asking me who I am. Funny joke, think of it yourself?

You're clearly the one who's mad, so don't try to put that cap on me when you're the one wearing it.
And I'll say it again since you seem to be a selective reader: what happens in the NBA finals has no effect on your life at all.

You may be a huge NBA fan but that's no excuse for being a huge baby.

But it's pretty cute watching you try to justify it :)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
lol @ somebody who joined in May 2008 asking me who I am. Funny joke, think of it yourself?

You're clearly the one who's mad, so don't try to put that cap on me when you're the one wearing it.
And I'll say it again since you seem to be a selective reader: what happens in the NBA finals has no effect on your life at all.

You may be a huge NBA fan but that's no excuse for being a huge baby.

But it's pretty cute watching you try to justify it :)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
LOL of course it's being a crybaby. The results of a basketball game being played hundreds of miles away from you has absolutely no effect on your life unless you let it.

If you let it effect you to the point where you'll use it as an excuse to talk down to people and be a douchebag, then yes......yes.

Crybaby.
So I don't get it. If a guy who lost can't talk down to people, even if the opposition is talking down to them, what are they supposed to do? Be quiet and take it on the chin? Insults vary. If someone is gonna call out with a slapstick insult like "Heat are gay", then the response back is gonna be just as cheap. If it's something a bit more thought out, the response ought to be more thought out. I agree though people who are a bit emotionally strucken after a lost tend to not make a smart remark back, but like I said...if you're asking people to control their emotions moments after a loss...then that's something I'll have to disagree with you on.

With all that being said, people just need to lay off. Some fans take losing more seriously. Some enjoy being a fan of a team (Just think of all the emotions that come from fans during the FIFA World Cup), while others enjoy collecting mail stamps and take that seriously.

>_> 1000 posts in 8 years...around .3 posts per day...I think he has a right to say "Who are you" because you're not one to make your presence known on the forums.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
All I know is that the Mavs made it rain tonight. Hopefully they can carry their momentum into Miami. The Heat are not out of it by any means though. I mean they have Lebron and Wade on the same team... I don't expect the Mavs to shoot like that again though, but it would be pretty nice. :) I really hope the Mavs win, Dirk deserves it.

frotaz37

Smash Lord

So I don't get it. If a guy who lost can't talk down to people, even if the opposition is talking down to them, what are they supposed to do? Be quiet and take it on the chin?
Nah, there's no problem with insults. Honestly, I can understand, even though I don't agree with, a person being frustrated about their team losing. My problem with what TRG said is that instead of keeping the jabs about basketball, he decided to play it off like his frustration is a direct result of LAWs so called "substanceless posts", and then decides to

A) Label him a troll.
B) Compare his posting to other people's posts and shame him for not posting in the same manner.
C) Say stupid **** like "Well if you keep saying stuff like that I'M NOT GONNA TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY" as if him taking a post seriously is some great honor that people should be afraid to lose.

Acting superior to a person because you're mad about the result of a basketball game...yeah.

Crybaby.

>_> 1000 posts in 8 years...around .3 posts per day...I think he has a right to say "Who are you" because you're not one to make your presence known on the forums.
Sorry for having a life. The truth is, SWF is garbage. Want to know why? Because at some point the term "TROLL" became an acceptable label for anyone who says anything a person doesn't like. It's gotten so bad that calling somebody a troll is apparently a legitimate response to any point they may make.

But again, it doesn't matter, because the only reason he said "WHO ARE YOU" was to establish his own self appointed superiority. It's a a completely pointless thing to say because it has nothing to do with anything I said. Just some pathetic "OH I'VE NEVER HEARD OF YOU SO YOUR POINTS ARE SOMEHOW LESS VALID" nonsense that he uses to avoid talking about the fact that he's being a huge prick.

How this guy can call anyone else a troll or accuse their posts of lacking substance is beyond me.

Top Bottom