• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Maaan, I'm not talking about extending replay on every call, just on ones that they have to look at. Mainly stuff in the last 2 minutes when they pause to check if it was a 3 or not, or to check who's possession it is if the ball went out of bounds. They could also extend the replay on last second shots as well.

The Delay of Game rule sounds nice as well. Though I'm not gonna lie, seeing Fisher get fined every game, until he's losing more money than he's making would be pretty hilarious.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
No, I agree, replay should be expanded in a reasonable fashion. They should be able to call fouls like that. lol

But, I've heard no rumors about it changing, so we're probably SOL. :\

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Those are some nice looking rings! I tend to like the first ring each team gets in their collection, such as the Bulls and the Spurs. Even though the Heat have just one ring (possibly two), it might be tough to beat their 2006 design.

The generic championship rings from the 1960's and 1970's however are not bettter than the custom rings of the 1980's, 90's, and 00's. The Lakers have some nice custom designs. Really digging the 2010 one. The two O'Brien trophies symbolize back to back championships and the diamonds indicate all the championships won in team history.

tko112

Smash Lord
ok, these two teams are keeping everyone on the edge of their seats w/ these close games we've been having so far, next thing we know, either the Mavs or Heat may win by 1 point in Game 5

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
These games have been very interesting and keeping me off the edge of my seat. Any team could take it. Still think Miami has the edge though, especially when they can just seal the deal at home. Dallas's ability to come back in games all postseason has been amazing though, so you can't count them out. Glad game 4 is tomorrow night as oppose to Friday or Saturday.

As for tonight I'll be watching game 4 between the Canucks and Bruins, which has also been an entertaining series. I've been enjoying a championship game everyday this past week between the two sports.

Jane

Smash Hero
soooo hey bored, what was that about a 5-1 series? :troll:

edit- 4-1 LOL my bad, i was mixing heat in 5 with the final score.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I can't even say he quit. I can't even say he doesn't care. I mean...this is the NBA Finals. I'm gonna go with Stephen A Smith on the theory that something personally is bothering him. Or the theory he's been playing too many minutes. Then again...each series has only been 5 games for them. Boston and Chicago were grinds...but they had about 5 days to rest up. Plus he's 26, and while Wade is playing lesser minutes...that guy is exerting far more energy.

Jane

Smash Hero
maybe jet was right when he said lbj would get gassed? haha, who knows. either way, its good news for lbj haters everywhere.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm going to guess this Heat win - Mavs win - Heat win pattern continues all the way up to Game 7 and the Heat end up winning Game 7 in the final minutes to make this an epic series many people won't forget for a while.

But whether you're a Heat fan or not nobody can deny that this series has been epic so far minus Game 1. I can appreciate that a lot.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I agree TRG. History is in the making. This is an awsome finals rivalry, and if Miami and Dallas would come across one another in the Finals again in a 1-4 year period it would just add to it. Not sure if it would, but you never know.

As for this series specifically though there are comebacks, star players, good defense, clutch baskets, and games coming down to the wire.

The only dissatisfaction I have, which really has nothing to do with the game itself, are the commentators. They're kind of boring to listen to.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I dunno, but personal reasons or being "tired" is the two most logical ones for throwing a blunder like that.

With that being said, I expect him to have a 25-7-8 type of game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I think it's funny how he nearly got a triple double and everyone (including me) is criticizing him over having a bad game. Just shows how good he is.

But the Heat don't need a Magic Johnson... He needs to be a Kobe Bryant. The Heat are not a good scoring team contrary to popular belief.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Like I've said earlier, ESPN is a joke and is 100% "what have you done for me these past couple of games."

Last series it was Dwayne Wade getting questioned left and right, now it's LeBron... Those idiots.

LeBron what are you doing... common man.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Actually, to me, that column tells me how much ESPN have been meat riding Heat.

Good start for Mavs, but long way to go. Can't believe Marion beat two guys on the break.

Wow, Wade with the hip problem.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Bosh is making Mahimi look like a scrub. Dallas needs to take him out.

Why is this game so back and forth? :\ Common close these guys out on D.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Wade doesn't even look like he was ever hurt lol.

Dwayne you silly troll you...

WHY IS EDDIE HOUSE ON THE COURT? LEAVE THE 3 POINT SHOOTING TO BIBBY AND CHALMERS FFS.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I really hope for my own sake that's the last time I see Eddie House in this series. He's the definition of a streaky 3 point shooter, and obviously his shot isn't there (2 shots is plenty for this scrub), so put Bibby back in.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Chalmers has been really good this series. Dirk needs to put a bit more effort into chasing him down on that switch. You know he can make that over the guy in the corner.

Top Bottom