• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm really disappointed with this game. There were bad calls both ways, but this is what I was fearing. Even if Memphis was playing this series, the refs would not allow them to be physical with Dirk. The refs the ENTIRE playoffs have been letting Dirk get to the line via touch calls. Durant got some too, but at least he was getting knocked around compared to Dirk. There just came a point in the third quarter where a guy couldn't even defend Dirk in the post without the whistle being blown.

I want Dirk to win it all, but if he does it like 2006 Miami D-Wade style, then I won't find it appealing as a bball fan.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Whether he was getting calls or not you can't deny his shooting performance was phenomenal he had a hand right in his face nearly half the time.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, the shooting was incredible. Dirk's just been in the zone this whole playoffs. Still though, I'd appreciate it if the next game doesn't have 80 free throws >_>

Which makes me wonder if LBJ and Wade will magically be getting to the FT line tonight.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow, what a balogne call for Bosh.

Bulls are missing A LOT of bunnies. This might be a bad shooting night for the Bulls...

LOL LEBRON

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Need more defensive rebounding!!!
Need better offensive production from non-Big 3 players!!!

I don't feel comfortable at all just like at halftime in Game 1. These past 2 games just exemplify why the Heat need a Center so badly...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Haslem is back and I'm freakin excited as hell about it!!! :D

Say hello to playoff LeBron James everyone... The guy who likes being clutch when it means something. ;)

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
geez, I really don't like the heat. well it's going to be a good series nonetheless. Bulls didn't shoot too well tonight

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If Haslem is really back and going again that's really bad news for the Bulls. His presence alone makes a huge difference for the Heat just like Anthony and tonight it really showed.

The key tonight was the defense though like I've always said the Heat are the best team in the NBA when their defense is on point. Rose got shut down towards the end.

Things got a little sloppy on offense for a while there late in the 2nd half but LeBron carried them over that hump off of pure talent.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bulls were never a good 3 point shooting team to begin with. Like I said, side from korver (who sucked ) no one hits 3s on a consistent basis. However they did miss a lot of bunnies inside.by they, i mean boozer and noah

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Great game. Unfortunately, I could not watch all of it cause of some homework that was due close to the fourth. I think Dallas will steal one over there.

On a side note, I think I remember why I got less interested in playing pick up football games...the pain

Edit: I find it humorous that the 3 point champ, Daequan Cook was traded by Miami in the off-season. They could have potentially the top 5 3 point shooters on their team in Cook and Jones.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
beautiful start from dallas
nice to see them putting okc in its place

edit: harden for flop of the year. I lost all respect for him on that play(not that I really had any)
I agree with van gundy, players should get fined for **** like that

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Good win for Dallas. OKC was way too stagnant in the first half. No ball movement, too many iso plays, no cutting...that was on them. Give credit to Dallas D, but that was more OKC imo.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Westbrook isn't gonna learn how to be a true PG in one day. This is something he's gonna need to work on (along with continuing to improve his J) in the off-season. He made some nice passes today, but he's not a true floor general. I know it's unfair to ask that for him when you got D-Rose jacking up 25 shots, but these are two different teams. Heck, even Rose is a good floor general when you watch him play.

And he needs to stop leaning forward on every J. Ugliest form ever. Doesn't even work.

At the same time, the team as a whole was stagnant. More cuts and off the ball movement = easy buckets and assists. The team has a whole only had like 12 assists.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Westbrook isn't gonna learn how to be a true PG in one day. This is something he's gonna need to work on (along with continuing to improve his J) in the off-season. He made some nice passes today, but he's not a true floor general. I know it's unfair to ask that for him when you got D-Rose jacking up 25 shots, but these are two different teams. Heck, even Rose is a good floor general when you watch him play.

And he needs to stop leaning forward on every J. Ugliest form ever. Doesn't even work.

At the same time, the team as a whole was stagnant. More cuts and off the ball movement = easy buckets and assists. The team has a whole only had like 12 assists.
Yeah he's not going to be learn to be a true PG in a day, but he can pass more, especially to Durant. Out of 27 possessions in the 4th, Durant didn't touch the ball in 18 of them. That's just not okay, and that's something that can be fixed in a few days. But yeah, the team was stagnant overall and that needs to change.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Alright, Game 3 is finally here. Been looking forward to this one for days. Thankfully there are no more 2-3 day breaks in the Eastern Conference Finals. I want to see some lockdown defense tonight.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
^haha
looking rough for the bulls right now but you never know. I still think they can take 1 in miami. Also, which series do you guys prefer to watch right now?

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
i like the east
love the defensive style of play even thought the bulls are struggling now.

boozer has been really hesistant all game
hes needs to drive hes had alot of openings but instead opted to pass or go for a more difficult shot. the points dont tell the tale

the heat defense is on point and they needed to go after bosh screw the plan hes been hot this whole game and quietly working himself up to 30 + points.

this push is a little bit late

Jane

Smash Hero
^haha
looking rough for the bulls right now but you never know. I still think they can take 1 in miami. Also, which series do you guys prefer to watch right now?
this one. but mavs okc is really really good. and i'm sure the thunder are looking to make up for that horrible performance yesterday.

edit- game over :(

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
TBO once again your predictions are crazy spot on...

The Bulls are looking a lot like Cleveland they rely too much on Rose going off every night... But once Rose is contained who is supposed to take over? Other than Boozer having an abnormally good night the rest of the Bulls have been completely non existent. Chicago needs a LEGIT #2/#3 option because Boozer is just proving that he's unreliable in the playoffs. I feel bad for Rose.

Yeah defense wins championships but you at least need some DECENT offense to win a title... The Bulls look lost on offense right now especially late in games.

I'm still sticking to my original prediction of Heat in 6. Heat win Game 4, Bulls rally back to win Game 5, and Heat come back and end the series in Game 6 while the Heat remain undefeated on their home court.

Top Bottom