• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Memphis will be back and stronger than ever next season just wait. Nobody ever thought they'd get where they are right now before the playoffs started. They demolished the Spurs and gave OKC one HELL of a series.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not to play the pessimistic one, but remember how GS pushed Utah to 6 games in the Semis back in 2007? Look how they turned out in 2008. Cautious optimism.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Woah! I had no idea game one of Heat/Bulls was tonight. Didn't think it would start until Monday at the earliest. Watching now.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Woah! I had no idea game one of Heat/Bulls was tonight. Didn't think it would start until Monday at the earliest. Watching now.

Yeah I completely forgot as well. Plus when I went on Nba.com it didn't have anything about another game so I thought there was only one game today.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Even though the game is tied I don't like what I'm seeing right now.

I don't like the small lineup against Chicago their bigs are too much for that. Rose MUST be contained in the second half and let everyone else score cause if Rose goes off it will just spread the floor and allow for more open shots for other guys.

Wade needs to finish at the rim better and stop taking dumb fade-aways.

Lets see James Jones get some looks at some 3's I don't think he took a single shot that first half. If he gets hot it will spread the floor easier cause right now they're packing the paint like crazy.

Oh yea I forgot to mention good **** Bosh! THIS is the All Star we all know!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bosh is getting plenty of set ups from James dribble drive...same with Boozer, because they are trying to prevent Rose from driving. Rotations have to set up.

Rose hitting all these 3's is an aberration...this is the guy who has sucked the entire post season in shooting the 3. Dude just has his J on tonight...which makes him tough to guard.

LOL at Wade trying to do his *****y dive into a player for foul move.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
This is Chicago's next gear. Hitting the 3 from guys like Bogans, Deng, Rose. If they are doing that, GG. But their defense is so beautiful. Tom Thibs, the TRUE mastermind behind the Celtics D.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
chicago is doing really well
gibson is showing up lmfao at that dunk on wade
boozer (could of done this when he was in cleveland lol) is showing up too

they are getting alotta stops on the defensive end those easy shots the heat were getting in the first part of the game have diminished

chicago really knows how to maintain the lead down the stretch so heat better get a second wind cause chicago is gaining momentum

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Heat can't buy a rebound for **** right now these second chance points are killing them.

This game really shows why the Heat NEED a Center next year.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Heat's don't even look like they're trying to rebound. Even when you force Deng to take a bad shot, you allow him to get an easy offensive rebound.

...and a clear path leading to 4 points.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah when LBJ had Deng covered, Deng leaned in and it clanked off the rim. Key difference? Deng chases after the shot, LBJ stands there.

Sick crossover by Rose. Chalmers fell like 5 feet back.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, as much as I liked what I saw from the Bulls...they aren't THAT good of a 3 point shooting team. Really their only dangerous 3 point shooter is Ashton Kutcher. Deng and Rose can get hot and now and then. I'm sure LBJ and Wade won't be contained like that again. One of them will be playing great.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I finally made out with my long time love interest a couple of nights ago, my lost wallet just got found a few hours ago, and I just now randomly found $5 in my pocket... I'm surprisingly happy right now despite that loss. I'm gonna be OK.

As for the Heat....................

This is gonna be a long *** series. -.-

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Blowouts are good signs...but I'ms till taking this win with a grain of salt. Next game will be close. If it's another blowout...Heat are done.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Did anybody see the schedule for the ECF? Game 2 is Wednesday and Game 3 is Sunday. That is a lot of days off in between each game.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm actually pretty confident going into Game 2 the Heat were with the Bulls for most of the game until around mid 3rd quarter when everything just started spiraling out of control. You will NEVER see Wade and LeBron play that passive again in this series I'll guarantee it, and the Bulls were ridiculous from the 3 point line in Game 1. They're not even known as a 3 point shooting team.

The Bulls showed their best game face that night so now it's time for the Heat to show up in Game 2.

Yes I will be worried if they lose Game 2...

Jane

Smash Hero
i'm not assuming anything. i know the heat are a great team and i've been looking forward to this series.

what, i can't celebrate a great game 1 win? haha

RATED

Smash Lord
IMO Bulls probably will win the 2nd one but NOT a 3rd one, I can see this 4-3 or 4-2 for any team but I can't just visualize a 4-1 or 4-0 when it comes to Bulls or Miami.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
to be honest the heat cant be "with" the bulls
they need to have a significant lead going into the fourth quarter

probably a shoddy analogy but the heat are like asafa powell. they both need a significant lead so they can feel comfortable closing
when they are up by eight or more wade and ESPECIALLY lebron become near untouchable
bulls will have a challenge nex game and i expect it to be alot closer

even though i like dallas and want to see them in the finals i want okc to take this first game to make the series iteresting

RATED

Smash Lord
Oh god the Referee is beating OKC. Nowitski misses? Call a foul, if he gets guard? Call a foul, if he shoots and get the shot, well sure LOOOL.

-salt-

Top Bottom