• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I don't think the Bulls will win. They are the Cavaliers from last year, and LBJ destroyed Deng last year. I'm not gonna take what Deng did to LBJ in the regular season into much account. But yeah, if Boozer continues to play like a pile of doo doo, Heat in 5.

Dammit, I knew Memphis' dead legs would cost them.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't have time to respond to anything (too much homework this week) but I'll just leave my picture and give my respect to the Celtics that was an extremely hard fought series and good luck with rebuilding next year.

ONTO THE ECF! BRING ON THE BULLS (or Hawks... actually yeah right)! HEAT NATION!!!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I called it. Memphis dead legs and OKC riding the crowd.

"Glen "Big Baby" Davis is an unrestricted free agent who often clashed with Rivers and completed a dreadful postseason with six points and two rebounds in 16 minutes of play. Boston won't throw a lot of money at him, but since they are over the cap, they are limited in what they can do to change their personnel.

Davis insisted he loved playing for Rivers and wanted to return, but conceded, "You never know. Perk [Kendrick Perkins] wanted to stay too." "

Danny Ainge just got owned.

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
I don't think the Bulls will win. They are the Cavaliers from last year, and LBJ destroyed Deng last year. I'm not gonna take what Deng did to LBJ in the regular season into much account. But yeah, if Boozer continues to play like a pile of doo doo, Heat in 5.

Dammit, I knew Memphis' dead legs would cost them.
I think the Bulls will win in 7 games. For some reason, the Bulls seem to always plays to their competition. I think the Bulls will play their best because they are playing the heat. Also the heat hasn't play a great team yet. And Boozer has been really good for the past couple of games. It seems like he has gotten more confidence and gotten more aggrrssive

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
Celtics weren't a great team? I mean, yeah, they're all pretty old but they're still one of the best teams in the EC.
Nope! This boston team isn't as deep as last years team. Last years team had Rasheed Wallace, Glen Davis, Nate and Tony Allen coming off the bench and were huge for them in playoffs.

The Heat won because they took advantage of this year injury prone team. Shaq and Rondo was hurt. Also trading a defensive anchor in the post like Perkins for Krystic is a huge lost for them. They lacked size and couldnt take advantage of the heat frontcourt and point guard play.

Last year team Celtics team or early this year celtics will easily beat the Heat in 6 games

theeboredone

Smash Legend
In the last two games, Boozer has put up 18 pts, 6 rebounds and 11 points on 4/11 and 10 rebounds >_>....18-6 is good, but 11-10 is pretty bad for an all-star. I do agree that the Bulls play to their team's level and if there is any optimism, it's that they are 2008 Celtics where every series was a nail biter. However, they have no one else but D-Rose to create for them, which can spell trouble.

Also, Rose has been struggling with his shot for most of the post-season, so guys who like Wade or LBJ who can explode on any given night will spell trouble for the Bulls. Plus, the bench has been really inconsistent for the Bulls. 20+ points in Game 3, but 14 in Game 4. 18 in Game 5. The bench is gonna have to be huge for the Bulls to beat the Heat. Like Dallas Mavs huge.

Smash Master
1. Players conspired to join with each other long before FA happened. LBJ just played the drama king card to wait it out.
I guess if you believe you can read minds you can come to whatever conclusions you want.

I might get to the rest at some point, although I really don't see the point either. You seem to be making the bulk of your case on unsubstantiated claims on LBJ's mental state based on some inbred prejudice.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
I guess if you believe you can read minds you can come to whatever conclusions you want.

I might get to the rest at some point, although I really don't see the point either. You seem to be making the bulk of your case on unsubstantiated claims on LBJ's mental state based on some inbred prejudice.
its not
theres point of lebron and wade talking to each other and pat riley at the olympics a few years ago aboutbeing on the same team.
you ever think that its not imbred predjudice if every one has been saying it

anyways go bulls and okc

though i wanna see dallas win in the back of my mind since i'm living in the area and for dirk

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol wtf. Reports going around about Artest replacing Charlie Sheen in Two and Half Men. So essentially...a black dude is brother to a white guy. Lolwut.

But seriously, he needs to be working on his 3 point shot -_-

Why is Mike Dunleavy one of the main candidates for the new coaching job? Dude is a failure.

Jane

Smash Hero
i want a dallas chicago finals.

anyone else catch that statistic during the bulls game yesterday about how only four times has the team with the mvp gone on to win it all? fate is against my bulls :<

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, that's why I could care less about Kobe winning MVP LOL. Last one to do it I believe was Tim Duncan.

It's gonna be a really REALLY hard match up for the Bulls. Bosh won't have to worry about KG hounding him, unless they stick Noah on him. Deng is gonna have to continue to play with emotion and hustle on LBJ. I don't even know who can guard Wade...

It's just gonna be really tough. D-Rose is gonna have to be exceptional every night.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Either way I think it's going to be a great series. Overall the Bulls are a better team than the old Celtics but at the same time the Heat don't have nearly as many match up problems like they did against Boston such as Rondo destroying their defense, KG giving Bosh hell (which he did for a good bit of the series), Wade having to chase Ray down all over the court and becoming fatigued, etc.

All they really have to focus on is containing Rose by forcing him to shoot multiple jump shots and I think the rest should be pretty easy. Wade and LeBron are going to get theirs undoubtedly and Bosh is going to have an easier time scoring in this series since KG isn't there (plus he now has a confidence boost).

Heat in 6.

RATED

Smash Lord
Someone that is watching the OKC vs MEM, can tell WTF is happening there? I am watching it and wtf those random fouls and turnovers.

Also Z-BO's face and walking style irks me.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Can people now understand why I don't consider Durant a top flight player? The guy relies way too much on screens ala Ray Allen. The guy has trouble creating his own shot and resorts to taking long J's.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
FINALLY a Game 7! I predicted Memphis in 7 but WOW I never really thought they'd come out with this much energy in this game.

KD needs to find his shot fast or else he's gonna get knocked out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
TRG, it's not that he has trouble finding his shot, it's that this entire series, he's been taking mostly jumpers off of screens. The guy is so thin, a physical defender can have his way with him.

It's gonna be interesting to see how the refs uh...ref in Game 7. Touchy fouls = OKC win.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I mean that's just his game he's one of the best jump shooters in the league right now.

He'll never be a top 5 player if he doesn't develop his driving abilities though.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
good **** memphis, z-bo got off
game seven should be insane but the refs need to let them be physical

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And passing. He's not much of a creator. Hell, neither is westbrook.

He can still be a HoF if he walks the path of Ray Allen, but that doesn't make him a top 5 player.

There have been so many clutch players in the playoffs this year...hard to rank who's the best.

We have Wade, Dirk, LBJ, Z-Bo as the top 4.

And Vasquez if you consider his epic heave to send it into triple OT LOL.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
I think that dirk an z-bo have been the most impressive this postseason of those 4. Another crazy clutch game was broy in portland

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
As good as OKC and Memphis are I don't see either of them beating Dallas if the Mavs keep playing like they have been.

Hell it's hard figuring out a scenario where the Heat would beat them... The Big 3 would collectively need to be huge every game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Heat's pick and roll D is significantly better than the Lakers. Let's see how OKC or Memphis handles them first. For all we know, the Mavs might look mortal coming out of the WCF.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
they are shooting horribly right now but it's still pretty close.
When the shots start falling okc will be in trouble

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Memphis is done unless they have one of the biggest 4th quarters in NBA playoffs history.

What a shame they made such a good run, but OKC/Dallas will be a really good WCF to watch. Dirk vs. Durant/Westbrook. Old superstar vs. new superstars.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
words cannot describe how angry I am right now. With all those blown calls in the triple OT game, this series shouldn't have had to come to this. The grizzlies couldn't shoot tonight and as a result one of my new favorite teams, as well as the cinderella story team of the NBA is going to be knocked out by the team that was stolen from my city. Every series won by the thunder is a slap in the face to everyone in seattle. Heres to dallas coming up big and beating the thunder next round
ironic as right after i typed that the commentators talk about seattle haha

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well if it makes you feel any better if there's any team in the West that can beat OKC it's definitely Dallas at this point.

I'll be rooting for Dallas in the WCF. Out of both teams I'd rather see the Heat lose to the Mavs than the young and upcoming Thunder. Plus another Heat/Mavericks finals just feels appropriate to me for some reason... Dirk deserves it.

Of course this is assuming the Heat beat the Bulls which I feel like will happen. LBJ and Wade will show Rose who the real MVPs are. :cool:

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
yeah dallas can do it for sure. I want the bulls to win but if they don't then heat mavs should be epic. hopefully with no phantom calls this time;) because as you said, dirk deserves it. He deserves that ring more than any player on the heat because lebron WILL get that ring in the future

Top Bottom