• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
LBJ and Wade are still shooting a high % though. If that doesn't come down, Celtics might be in for a long night.

Also, good to see the ticky tack fouls have returned.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I haven't watched the entire game so I can't say. I've watched most of the second half though, and I really don't see much disparity in the types of calls made. I mean Chalmers just got away with a double dribble. It's one thing if a player gets away with taking 3 steps, but a double dribble? Lolfail.

But yeah, like I said. If the refs let them play physical, Boston will win.

LeBron being clutch. Rondo blowing a crucial lay up LOL.

Moment I say this, LeBron loses the ball. That was pretty close to a clear path foul.

Good defense by Miami, but terrible play by Boston.

This game is over.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
We killed ourselves in the 4th quarter and with that attempt at a game winner. Oh well, I'm not that upset with our performance beyond what happened in OT and KG.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
KG reverted back to taking 20 footers. He was such a beast going into the post Game 3. Man, that Rondo blown lay up KILLED their season.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Almost how LeBron nearly lost the game with that dumb turnover in the 4th.

Rondo and Pierce did their thing... KG looked flat out old tonight. Ray was nowhere to be found. The Heat's youth is prevailing.

Very happy Bosh finally showed up there in the end.

Anyways emotions aside... ABOUT FREAKING TIME THEY BEAT THE CELTICS IN BOSTON MAYBE THEIR DEMONS ARE FINALLY OVER!!!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
My jaw dropped when he missed that layup. Boston had outplayed Miami for the almost the entire game until the last few minutes of the 4th and beyond which only made this feel worse.

Seriously...KG reminded me of Bosh last game.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not gonna lie, aside from Fisher, I see Rondo miss the most lay ups. What's up with that? lol If I was 6'2, it'd be such a breeze to make lay ups.

I think Miami closes out in game 5. Boston hasn't shown me anything to let me know they can beat Miami there.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm just hoping after this series some Celtics fans will finally start giving the Heat the respect they deserve.

Oh and BTW... GO MEMPHIS!!!

thelegend5306

Smash Cadet
When there's a 6'8" guy breathing down your neck and you're running breakneck speed at the basket it's a little tougher than you think. That's not to say he shouldn't have made it, but it was definitely not an uncontested gimmie layup. I wouldn't be surprised if it even got tipped by bosh (I think that's who had the backside help on that play).

Overall, I thought the celtics outplayed the heat until the end of the 4th and OT. James made big plays down the stretch. That 3 over pierce to make it 94-94 was filthy, and so was that fadeaway to start OT.

Memphis is taking it to OKC early.

Lol @ the shot Mayo just made...

:phone:

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
tough loss for the celtics, bad fourth quarter
but enough of that, Grizzlies are playing well right now, they need to win tonight

theeboredone

Smash Legend
When there's a 6'8" guy breathing down your neck and you're running breakneck speed at the basket it's a little tougher than you think. That's not to say he shouldn't have made it, but it was definitely not an uncontested gimmie layup. I wouldn't be surprised if it even got tipped by bosh (I think that's who had the backside help on that play).

Overall, I thought the celtics outplayed the heat until the end of the 4th and OT. James made big plays down the stretch. That 3 over pierce to make it 94-94 was filthy, and so was that fadeaway to start OT.

Memphis is taking it to OKC early.

Lol @ the shot Mayo just made...

Dude, Rondo had James Jones beat on the back door cut. There is NO WAY you blow that lay up. Especially given how these guys easily make lay ups over 7 footers. When he released the ball, he was so close to the rim, all he had to do was flick it to that "Square" box above the basket. That was just inexcusable on him. I'm not saying I've never blown a lay up, but it's definitely magnified when the game is close.

C'mon teddy bears!

thelegend5306

Smash Cadet
Yeah he beat jones, but bosh (or whoever it was on the backside) had a hand in there. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, but it wasn't uncontested.

He still should have made it though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Honestly not seeing much bias in the reffing yet. Gonna be interesting to see if Memphis comes out of the series, how they are allowed to play Dallas. Dirk is a well known practitioner of the drunken fist style, so every time someone touches him, he looks super uncoordinated.

Lmao, imagine if guys like Durant and Dirk played in the 80s or 90s...dudes would get clobbered so bad.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Game 3 for them was also OT. OKC didn't do squat in that game. Two straight games where OKC has given up the lead in the fourth.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Wow OKC just might be as bad as the Heat in terms of giving up leads.

What is up with these last second 3's by Memphis? o.0

DOUBLE OVERTIME

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I wouldn't mind watching OKC win tonight and making this series come down to a Game 7.

Even though we've had some intense games there hasn't been a single game 7 in the playoffs yet.

Durant with the dagger.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man, looks like fatigue got the best of Memphis first. Tony Allen with a missed lay up, Randolph with a missed bunny. Big move having Ibaka come in with fresh legs to replace Perkins.

Not sure if Memphis can play a hard game in two days given the fatigue. OKC will definitely be riding the crowd.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, he was definitely feeling nervous. This game should have ended when he attempted that heave.

In any case, I think OKC wins Game 5 due to fatigue factor. I don't think Memphis can generate this kind of energy without a home crowd.

This game has me tired LOL.

Marc Gasol is so physical for a Euro player...that's so shocking.

Edit: Kobe beat Wade for first team all NBA defensive. This might be an indicator that Kobe will also get First Team All NBA

Smash Master
The refs definitely handed OKC that game. They always give teams down by double digits extra whistles though (until they catch up).

Top Bottom