• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

RATED

Smash Lord
sunday has so many good games
I cant wait to see the lakers kill the thunder

^^^wow
I am waiting for the Thunders vs Lakers game. I am rooting this game for Thunders <3

So, something I was wondering:
It's safe to assume most of us like hip-hop in some way or another. I'm curious, do we enjoy hip-hop because we enjoy roundball? Or do we enjoy roundball because we already enjoyed hip-hop? Are the two cultures virtually identical? :O
I am weird, Listen a lot to J-Pop, J-Rock and PowerMetal.

AND I love Basketball. Sadly I can't play that much basketball, one of my knees got injured at college almost 2 years ago. I havent played in like 8 or 9 months. My knee got better though so that probably in some weeks I will play with some friends just to get used to it.

I probably can't do 3 point shooters anymore lol I am Rusty as hell. I have to practice my dribbling technique and my defense.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
So, something I was wondering:
It's safe to assume most of us like hip-hop in some way or another. I'm curious, do we enjoy hip-hop because we enjoy roundball? Or do we enjoy roundball because we already enjoyed hip-hop? Are the two cultures virtually identical? :O
Unrelated for me. I like both for different reasons.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I still can't believe Mike Miller got hurt yet again.

The victory against Boston was great but you can't afford for your "6th man" (yeah right) to get hurt yet again a week before the playoffs.

Like I said earlier the dude needs to be traded in the off season he's not worth his contract.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well who knows, might get Jones out of his slump due to increased playing time.

And you need to give Miller one healthy year. There are plenty of players who have gone through an injury riddled year, only to bounce back the following year. Jameer Nelson, Stoudamire, Ginobili, Bynum, Kenyon Martin, etc.

Besides, not sure who the hell would want Miller LOL.

You guys have a clutch shooter in Bibby, but as I said earlier in the season when Jones was hot, he chokes in the playoffs, so we'll see how he does this year.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I guess the Heat can give Miller another year but this year he has played far below expectations and is most likely going to repeat that in the playoffs. I trust Bibby the most on this team with a 3 pointer but he's such a defensive liability that it's almost not worth it... Almost.

OMG the Knicks better win against the Pacers!! They're down by 1 with 14 seconds and it's their possession. Give the shot to Billups!!

EDIT: Carmeloooo!!!! There we go!!

Yessss thank goodness Knicks barely came out on top that was too close.

Now it's time for OKC to beat the Lakers. Sorry Bored but the Heat need that HCA for the finals. ;)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well it's never good if Westbrook is raining 3's. Lakers struggling once again in transition.

Rofl, Perkins tried throwing an oop to Ibaka...ball almost went in by itself LOL.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow, Kobe and Perkins get into a hard rebounding battle, resulting in double T...then Kobe nails a 3 LOL.

And then a lay up. Don't piss off Kobe. Ron backs down Durant. Lead down to 5 from a LA 7-0 run. Lakers were playing pretty lazy, and Thunder just had to wake them up.

Bynum just took a dump on Ibaka LOL.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Interesting half. Thunder went up by as much as 12, but after the heated moment between Kobe and Perkins, Lakers went on a run. Just feed the ball inside, Kobe is hot...LA should win.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lakers back up. Ron getting under KD's skin...hopefully LA can take it home, break out of the slump, and keep pace with Miami.

Damn....really disappointed. Three turn overs in the last two minutes, and Westbrook with a 4 point play. Oh well...guess no HC.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Wow I'm 3 for 3 today I didn't see that coming.

Heat beat Boston which was huge for 2nd seed and HCA against them in the 2nd round.
OKC beat Lakers which was also huge for HCA in the finals.
NY Knicks barely beat the Pacers and stay in the 6th seed to play Boston instead of the Heat in the 1st round.

Everything's going right for Miami right now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man, that was just an absolute melt down. I'm very disappointed. Something you'd expect from a young team, but that was just self implosion on the Lakers end.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pshhh I wouldn't take it too hard the worst case scenario that will come out of tonight's loss is that they'll have to go up against the Heat in a game 7 at Miami in the finals.

Somewhat unlikely to happen... But at the same time still quite possible.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm still not counting Boston out yet. It'll come down to Shaq's health and how much Rondo has left in the tank. Even though the Heat won today, Wade still struggled shooting wise....you can't expect to win a 7 game series with one of your big 3 constantly struggling.

BTW TRG: Knicks have Chicago and Boston left, while Phili has Detroit and Orlando left. Assuming Phili splits, and Knicks lose both...who has tie breaker?

Also, this was my prediction going into the playoffs. LA could beat Chicago in the Finals, but they would need HC vs Boston or Miami. I know Chicago is unbeatable at home, but I feel like championship experience vs a young team would be in favor of the Lakers. Ron Artest would shut down Deng, Gasol always gives Boozer problems, and Bynum is too fat for Noah. With HC seeming like an afterthought vs the two, I don't think LA will win it all this year.

So my ideal scenario would be now...LA clinches 2 seed, and meets Chicago in the Finals.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol trust me I'm not counting out Boston I still think they're stronger than the Bulls.

Both teams are tied 2-2... What comes after that?

EDIT: Division W-L % I think... And New York is ahead in that department.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ah, so if Boston doesn't rest their starters...I can see Knicks losing both, and Phili splitting...that would work for you then anyways.

tko112

Smash Lord
wow, the Lakers may need a miracle just to get Phil his last title, as he is retiring for good after the season

but, the Lakers went through a finish like this last year, and somehow, they went crazy in the playoffs,

so I'm hoping something along those lines happen

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just don't want LA to lose the second seed to Dallas. They NEED to beat the Spurs, and the Kings who gave them a 20 point thrashing last time. Worst part about the Kings game is that it will be on a back to back on the road.

Found the Laker Playoff Theme Song for this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpkbCbnl7CI

Though as of now...not playing like Champions LOL.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Holy crap Miami dodged a bullet and nearly lost to the Hawks... My goodness that was too close. Who knew James Jones would be the one to save the Heat?

Nike.

Smash Hero
LMFAOOOO Hornets tanked cuz they want the Spurs in the first round.

Boston lost to the freakin Wizards in OT. Appearently Doc wasn't playing Pierce in crunch time minutes.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Why would Boston rest their stars when they knew they still had a slight chance of getting 2nd seed? Whatever 2nd seed and HCA over Boston belong to the Heat baby! They got the position they needed in the regular season, but now it's up to the players to do their job and deliver in the playoffs.

And New York has the 6th seed locked up which means they'll have the FANTASTIC opportunity to TIRE OUT upset the Celtics in the 1st round. :awesome:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Why would Boston rest their stars when they knew they still had a slight chance of getting 2nd seed? Whatever 2nd seed and HCA over Boston belong to the Heat baby! They got the position they needed in the regular season, but now it's up to the players to do their job and deliver in the playoffs.

And New York has the 6th seed locked up which means they'll have the FANTASTIC opportunity to TIRE OUT upset the Celtics in the 1st round. :awesome:
Boston doesn't care. It's that simple.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well out of all the elite teams Boston should be the one worrying the most. They're having bad chemistry issues right now (which didn't happen last year around this time) AND they now have the toughest playoff schedule in the East. Not a good combination at all.

I'll be shocked if Boston makes it to the finals this year... No way they're getting past both Miami and the Bulls with the state the team is in right now. The Perkins trade is gonna hurt Boston in the playoffs this year just wait and watch.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
2 games isn't gonna fix that. You might as well get them old legs ready for a good playoff run.

They do feel lost without Perkins, but as many have alluded too, this team was playing really well without him in the beginning of the season. So the missing component is either Shaq's fat *** or some emotional attachment from Perkins leaving.

At the end of the day though, Rondo is the engine that makes them go. His energy level yesterday was no where near as high when they played the Heat before. I remember Rondo going into the Heat huddle, full court pressuring LBJ...that energy just wasn't there on display yesterday.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Rondo is the driving force of the team and the fact that he is supposedly the one annoyed the most with the team isn't helping at all.

Plus the struggles started after the Perkins trade... Just something about him not being on the team anymore period is obviously bothering the chemistry of the Celtics... Either that or the newer additions to the team have messed up the chemistry... Or maybe both. They're obviously having a bigger problem then just tanking regular season games like last year.

IK you most likely want to see a Lakers/Celtics finals again Bored but I wouldn't be betting on it too hard. I'll give them all the props in the world if they can make it past the Knicks, Miami, AND red hot Chicago with the way they've been playing since the Perk trade.

Crazier things have happened though, so Boston needs to stop with the bad basketball and bring it!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Eh yeah, I want to see Lakers and Celtics...but my second wish is Chicago vs Lakers. How awesome would it be for Phil Jackson's last chance at a title...to play against his old team.

Really could care less about the whole Kobe vs LBJ/Wade. I mean...Kobe is in the twilight of his career while those guys are in their prime. Kinda fruitless.

I think I found my bball theme song. Wish I could have this flare in smash z.z..

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
After reading the Celtics forums for a while I'm starting to think maybe it is Rondo that's ruining the team right now.

I don't know which 1st round series is gonna be more fun to watch Boston/New York or OKC/Denver... Ehhh nvm probably the NY series.

Top Bottom