• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I've been playing 2k11 non-stop for like, 3 days now. :O

I'm so ready for the playoffs to start.
Derrick Rose is playing out of his mind.

So, something I was wondering:
It's safe to assume most of us like hip-hop in some way or another. I'm curious, do we enjoy hip-hop because we enjoy roundball? Or do we enjoy roundball because we already enjoyed hip-hop? Are the two cultures virtually identical? :O

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I listen to more rock music compared to hip hop. Personally, I just listen to whatever sounds good. Though I do admit that my pre-game playlist and workout playlist are more rap oriented. Probably because the songs are all about the concept of winning and what not. Some examples like Remember The Name by Fort Minor and DJ Quik feat Bizarre - Rise To Glory

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh, don't get me wrong, I listen to all music. But I'm very hip-hop oriented, and that's the music of choice when I do basketball stuff. lol

Personally, I agree with you, the lyrics are more fitting for sports since it's all hype. XD

2k11's soundtrack is bangin' though. Great blend of rock and rap. And Ron Artest's "Champion". lmao

It's a legit song though.

In other news, post your team's playoff song now. :O
With the exception of the second guy being a bit weak, the song's good. Best verse is the last one though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4wXE1H4WWg

Jane

Smash Hero
haha, i always think about the fact that i really like both hip-hop and basketball...

i honestly think its just coincidence. not like "WOAH WTF HOW IN THE WORLD DID THIS COMBINATION HAPPEN", since both are very popular american cultures. but my love for hip-hop has never influenced my love for basketball, or vice versa.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Yeah same here. Really I listen to all kinds of music, but rap is the main genre. But I'm interested in all sorts of things that are completely unrelated. I like sports, rap, rock, Magic the Gathering, Pokemon, Computer Programming, Astronomy, and travelling, amongst other things. It's weird.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm the same way as most of you guys I'm black and love basketball and rap but at the same time I'm also obsessed with other random *** stuff like the Survivor series, rock music, Pokemon... no video games in general, etc.

Anyways the game on Sunday is gonna be sooo good!!! Can't wait!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man, Dallas losing to the Clips. Clips are notorious for blowing leads, but c'mon....I don't want this OKC vs LA second round to happen. If Dallas loses tonight, Dallas will hold the tie breaker, but they will be tied in the L column.

Edit: LOL wth?

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6309733&categoryid=2378529

Kobe did it first though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeaL6_NWApE

Fudge, Lakers are not gonna win in Portland tonight. That's just perfect. 1 game ahead of Dallas in the loss column, and tied with Boston and Miami.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well there's a good chance one team is gonna come out after Sunday with the lead. With the Thunder hot, and the Lakers not...hard to see LA winning. However, if they DO win, I do hope it's Miami that loses. I can see Boston floundering and losing a game afterwards, but not Miami.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Pretty much everything is on the line for the Heat tomorrow a win could very much mean HCA against Boston, maybe even Lakers if they don't win, AND they won't have to face the Knicks in the first round.

Biggest game of the season is an understatement.

EDIT: Oh **** wait a second the Knicks could still potentially drop down to the 7th seed. They go up against both Boston AND Chicago their last 2 games. -.-

Hopefully they stay ahead of Philly.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Tomorrow's games will indeed be entertaining. Hopefully the games will basically lock the seeds in place. Unlike the NHL there is no longer is a playoff race for teams hoping to get in. I just can't wait for it to get started next week. I'm ready for 40 games in 40 nights!

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
Well there's a good chance one team is gonna come out after Sunday with the lead. With the Thunder hot, and the Lakers not...hard to see LA winning. However, if they DO win, I do hope it's Miami that loses. I can see Boston floundering and losing a game afterwards, but not Miami.
as a sonics/kobe fan and seattle resident, nothing would make me more happy than to watch kobe get off on them

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Biggest game of the regular season in 2 hours... You could say I'm a little excited... Just a little.

D Wade is the X factor in today's game. 3 of his 4 worst performances have been against Boston. If he plays his normal game and does a better job chasing Ray down the Heat SHOULD come out with the W.

Overall I predict grueling back and forth game that comes down to the last few minutes... Heat win by 5.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I had a dream (or nightmare?) I was playing for the Boston Celtics, and helped them get to the Finals just to play the Lakers. Then I saw Big Baby in a hot tub, and then I somehow ended up in Phoenix, watching the Finals in some random place lolwut.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
LOL Magic w/o Howard might as well be the Hawks... Maybe even worse.

They gave the Bulls a close game though pretty impressed.

EDIT: Wow Rose may not have all of LeBron's stats but he sure as hell is better in the clutch.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I forgot where I read this, but I found it interesting that this year, in the last 5 minutes of the game, Kobe has been more clutch than Wade and LeBron. Not sure about Rose though, since he wasn't brought up. The article was basically a discussion on who deserves first team NBA between Kobe and Wade.

Though personally, I would have it be Kobe and Wade, with Rose being second NBA team. We know that's not gonna happen...Kobe had a better statistical year when Iverson won MVP, so Kobe got shafted from first team NBA as well. Plus he was under Shaq's shadow.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm amazed at how aggressive Joel Anthony has been this game. He's destroying the Celtics down low. LOL

EDIT: Mike Miller got hurt again... Why am I not surprised? He's not worth keeping he's gotta go next season so he can literally kill himself on another team.

EDIT2: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Miller is hurt? I didn't hear anything about that.

Chris Bosh has way too much spit coming out. **** was like a freaking water fountain LOL.

I think Miami will win this one. Overall, they are getting easier buckets than Boston at the moment. The easy ones are the difference.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah apparently he hurt his thumb or something.

But overall I couldn't be any happier with how Miami is playing right now. They're dominating the C's on the boards, playing some suffocating defense, and D Wade is finally back in his rhythm against this team. The only reason the Celtics are even within 7 is because KG is shooting out of his mind right now but that'll change in the 2nd half hopefully.

If the Heat win I'm giving most of the props to Joel Anthony and Chalmers... Bench players that are FINALLY stepping up when it counts.

I can really see a difference in the Celtics w/o Perkins.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I think the Heat would be down if Chalmers and Anthony wern't doing their jobs. Kudos.

On a side note, if there is ever been a fake "tough" guy, Chalmers probably is the captain of that group. I don't know how many arguments he's gotten into, and he rarely backs it up. One that comes to mind is Blake Griffin LOL.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Boston is just looking sloppy to be honest. Rondo is the engine that makes them go, and it looks like he's running on fumes. Not looking to push the ball, making bad passes...I guess he must be getting tired from all the minutes.

Moment I posted that, Rondo showed a little something. Anyways, this isn't Boston's game to win. Wade is playing with purpose, and the team has more energy. Doubt Heat is gonna drop a game the rest of the way though.

In other news: Tiger tied for first with two more holes left.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I agree Boston overall is just looking worn out this quarter. When you're letting Juwan old man Howard score on you, you know something's going wrong.

Heat are starting to pull away.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And this is the difference between Wade and LeBron. In a big game like this, Wade is showing the hustle, the will to win, the alpha male personality. LeBron might be more efficient and an overall "better" player from a numbers perspective, but I think Wade's impact has been way more in this game.

Wow, two times in one quarter where two Celtics went up for a rebound and knocked it out of bounds. SMH.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Sooo what's all the hype about Jeff Green anyway? He hasn't done **** at all this game.

I bet Celtics fans are REALLY missing Perkins now.

But yeah I knew Wade would show up tonight there's no way he'd settle for 4 bad games in a row against Boston. Both him and Bron are doing their thing but the bench is really what's making the huge difference right now I've never seen them play this good.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well he's supposedly the "future" but I don't know why you would invest in a guy to be a franchise carrier along side Rondo when you've been in the league for four years and done squat.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, LBJ feeding off of the crowd as usual. I know Boston limped into the playoffs last year (along with LA), but two years in a row is always concerning.

Gonna go nap. Be back for the LA game.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Well, that was disappointing. Still, the Celtics didn't really need the 2 seed, so I'm not going to freak out about this. I was actually more concerned about getting HC advantage against the Lakers than I was for the Heat, but we may not get either now. Luckily the Lakers have dropped 4 in a row and the Celtics have the tiebreaker, so we still might be able to finish above them. The Heat's last two games are against the Hawks and Raptors, so they'll probably win both.

Well, the Celtics are stumbling into the playoffs a bit but I have confidence that we'll show up in those games.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I want the Bulls to get super home court but I think it's doubtful considering how good the Spurs are (or at least how good their record is). They played pretty well today but it wasn't very heartening to see Rose go down like 4 times.

Top Bottom