• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Sephiroth shut up the #FreeMelee movement. :) So much for hating Nintendo. Lol

Look, I also dislike Nintendo's abuse of copyrights, but I still trust them and will continue to play their games and support them. Their games cheer me up when I feel sad.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Quick shoutout to fellow Banjoboi CosmicQuark CosmicQuark for informing us about the Best Buy preorders for Banjo & Kazooie! Managed to snag myself one for March! Many thanks, friend!
When I get to my sister city's mall for picking up Override 2 on PS4 next week, I'll have to see if my local one allows that.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

One of my favorite parts of watching reactions to the Sephiroth trailer was seeing who liked seeing Banjo & Kazooie show up. Cool seeing a mashup of it. Though, oddly enough the ones hyping up Banjo & Kazooie the most before their announcement (like JustJesss) bearly reacted.

It really is amazing seeing them in such detail, in even more detail than their original reveal trailer, and in a story-mode like sequence. Also Cloud who got his first CGI appearance.

Quick shoutout to fellow Banjoboi CosmicQuark CosmicQuark for informing us about the Best Buy preorders for Banjo & Kazooie! Managed to snag myself one for March! Many thanks, friend!
Gotta give a shoutout to Wario64, which is how I found it (and linked their Twitter). Glad to help!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

One of my favorite parts of watching reactions to the Sephiroth trailer was seeing who liked seeing Banjo & Kazooie show up. Cool seeing a mashup of it. Though, oddly enough the ones hyping up Banjo & Kazooie the most before their announcement (like JustJesss) bearly reacted.

It really is amazing seeing them in such detail, in even more detail than their original reveal trailer, and in a story-mode like sequence. Also Cloud who got his first CGI appearance.

Gotta give a shoutout to Wario64, which is how I found it (and linked their Twitter). Glad to help!
What's funny is back when the game launched in Holiday 2018 watching the intro to "World of Light" and seeing all of the Nintendo characters and 3rd party icons in glorious CGI cinematics on the same screen made me really wish Banjo-Kazooie were in it to.

They honestly could of went with any other 1st or 3rd party character, But the fact they decided to go with Banjo-Kazooie at the forefront in that one CGI scene (Even if it was only for a few seconds) made me happy.

The newcomer absolutely did nothing for me, But seeing Banjo-Kazooie portrayed in that moment in that high of a production value at the VGA's had me giddy and go "Hell yeah, Your damn right their in Smash".

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What's funny is back when the game launched in Holiday 2018 watching the intro to "World of Light" and seeing all of the Nintendo characters and 3rd party icons in glorious CGI cinematics on the same screen made me really wish Banjo-Kazooie were in it to.

They honestly could of went with any other 1st or 3rd party character, But the fact they decided to go with Banjo-Kazooie at the forefront in that one CGI scene (Even if it was only for a few seconds) made me happy.

The newcomer absolutely did nothing for me, But seeing Banjo-Kazooie portrayed in that moment in that high of a production value at the VGA's had me giddy and go "Hell yeah, Your damn right their in Smash".
When every fighter has been announced, I'd love someone with great editing skills to take the World of Light scenes along with story-based character trailers (Hero, Sephiroth, etc.) and combine them. Of course, we should get a mega cut of all the trailers as well.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the First4Figure Banjo Havent opened it yet as its at my familys house & Ill be moving 2X in the next few months so I kinda don't even want to open it yet untill i am fully settled with the moving so it could be half a year B4 I truely even get to set it up LOL

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I did it! Sephiroth was no match for my Banjo! :)
View attachment 296226
Beat my record against him with Banjo by a long shot! Well done, Banjobro!

Have to say as well, I REALLY wish fighting the DLC characters to unlock them was an option all along. I would've LOVED the honor of fighting Banjo & Kazooie with Mario to unlock them.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wonder...
Could it be? Has the prophecy of legend that was told by the prophets is soon to come to pass? Banjo-Threeie?!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wonder...
I doubt he'd be involved with that unless it's a new developer that has him included. I'd take it simply as a speculative question for now.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Imagine if they made gruntilda a character and her final smash is quiz questions that you have to answer
It would be tough as a final Smash, but as a future stage hazard formatted similar to Palutena's Guidance? Could possibly be interesting, asking players questions about Smash. That and Grunty's Rhymes are high up on my list of wants for the next game, including Final Battle remix.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I wonder...
As much as I would love this to be a hint for a new Banjo game (or a Banjo-Redooie remake), I think this is just simple speculation on Steve's part. I don't think he has any ties to Rare anymore and I doubt he would be called in to help with these games.
In fact, he didn't even know King K. Rool or Banjo were gonna be in Smash prior to their reveal, so I think that says a lot about how much he really knows about this stuff.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
As much as I would love this to be a hint for a new Banjo game (or a Banjo-Redooie remake), I think this is just simple speculation on Steve's part. I don't think he has any ties to Rare anymore and I doubt he would be called in to help with these games.
In fact, he didn't even know King K. Rool or Banjo were gonna be in Smash prior to their reveal, so I think that says a lot about how much he really knows about this stuff.
True.

However...he could be under an NDA too...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's certainly not a hint, as he's simply reminiscing over Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, and hoping for something like the rest of us. Only people who would know is Greg Mayles and Microsoft/Rare. Which is great a lot of those who worked on it still would like to see something.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Imagine if they made gruntilda a character and her final smash is quiz questions that you have to answer
I think it would be just as cool if Gruntilda had a Quiz counter and when someone hit her they would freeze and be force to answer a question in the Quiz. If they get it right, nether Gruntilda or the other character get's damaged and the counter is gone. If they get it wrong, Gruntilda throws a huge spell right in their face.

BZocky

Smash Ace

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Finally, Banjo-Kazooie... on Wii U?
Probably a mistake but interesting nonetheless.
Finally, a reason to use my Wii U again aside from playing the Donkey Kong Country games! (I haven't played Blast Corps. before)

Like you said, it's probably a mistake, but here's hoping that it's a sign of something.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
With Banjo-Kazooie trending on Twitter for the third week in a row, it'd be wonderful if this all led to something with them. Doubtful, but hopeful as well. I can't imagine their inclusion in Smash wouldn't lead to their eventual return to Nintendo consoles with their games somehow. Mega Man and Final Fantasy both got their games ported onto the Switch, Cloud in particular getting his games on Nintendo consoles for the first time directly thanks to his inclusion in Smash. Here's hoping we'll see our beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies back home where they belong in an official capacity someday.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
: I've been waiting for someone to post in here! So I can show y'all what's near!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434

Well, that was quick.
:( I'm never going to play Banjo-Kazooie again,

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
:( I'm never going to play Banjo-Kazooie again,
: A terrible mistake you're about to make! Over something so small that it isn't even tall! Don't place your judgement on just this! Place it on whenever you see Santa Claus put it on his list! Why Santa Claus should get the blame? Because he didn't deliver something which left his mission in vain!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
: A terrible mistake you're about to make! Over something so small that it isn't even tall! Don't place your judgement on just this! Place it on whenever you see Santa Claus put it on his list! Why Santa Claus should get the blame? Because he didn't deliver something which left his mission in vain!
Thanks for trying to cheer me up Grunty, but I only play Nintendo systems.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You can still get it on the XBox One line. Being console-fluid is allowed, you know.
So if you want to play Banjo-Kazooie today, you can do so on Xbox.

(I'm still waiting if not a port on Switch, for Xcloud to come on PC so I can do so on there--but Rare Replay and Xcloud on Switch would be the dream--well, and a Redooie/Threeie, but one step at a time)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I haven't read the whole thing yet, there is a interesting Nintendo Life article about Tooie that just recently dropped:

They interviewed the Rare developers who worked on Tooie during it's development from 1998 to 2000. It's a interesting read from what I read thus far. They originally wanted Tooie to be more like a adventure game than a platformer and Ocarina of Time pushed that idea even farther as they were beginning to work on Tooie right around when Nintendo was about to release Ocarina of Time.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I have caught up with my backlog for the most part (Just completed "Super Mario 3D All-Stars) and after putting it off for quite some time I am finally gonna play "Yooka-Laylee" , It'll also be my 1st indie game ever too.

Though I strongly prefer buying physical copies of games, I just couldn't pass up buying the game for $10 during the Eshop Holiday and seeing how I got a $10 eShop gift card for free, I mean why not?

I'm not expecting the game to be as good as Banjo-Kazooie based on the mixed reaction from the game, But I'm still bound to enjoy and have fun with it.

"Impossible Lair" will definitely be next afterwards.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well, another year, another spin around the globe for this Banjobro! Two years later, and I'm still absolutely ecstatic that my wish for my beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies to join Smash finally came true. Truly the greatest gift I could've gotten, especially since we all get to enjoy them together ^^

Top Bottom