• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

albvs

Smash Rookie
I think you know where this is going and the answer is pretty obvious and hopefully it's a sign for things to come this upcoming console generation for Microsoft.

Microsoft lacks platformers (Especially 3D) and Banjo-Kazooie has the most potential and star power from their stable of IP's to help shore up that weakness.

While Banjo-Kazooie alone won't fix the problem, The franchise can certainly be a critical and vital part of the solution to help balance out their mature heavy lineup.

Nintendo has Mario and Sony has Ratchet & Clank representing their respective console brands and if Microsoft really wanted to then they could definitely push and market Banjo-Kazooie to be their signature 3D platforming franchise for their Xbox brand.
Guys, in that sense, how likely do you think that something related to Banjo-Kazooie will appear at the Xbox end-of-the-year events (X020, for example)?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Guys, in that sense, how likely do you think that something related to Banjo-Kazooie will appear at the Xbox end-of-the-year events (X020, for example)?
Is there even an X020 this year? Haven't heard anything about it so I assume because of the current state of the world it would be cancelled, Even so I still don't expect anything Banjo-Kazooie to be announced this soon.

But I still believe that there will be plans for a Banjo-Kazooie game this upcoming next console generation.

Last edited:

Riot Frenzy

Smash Rookie
I would expect a rare replay upgrade over the next next 2 years. A new single player Banjo experience is possible but not something I would hold out hope for.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
if any rare game gets ported to switch it needs to be diddy kong racing as there has never been a rerelease of the original game B4 & with banjo & conker both in the game we need them permission to rerelease it would love it if they add online multiplayer to it (but T.T. & drumstick would need major nurfs in the online mode)

maybe if they do that & it sells well they will think about rereleasing other older rare games on switch?
If the issues were working with Microsoft, as they own some of the characters and Nintendo owns the rest, you’d think this would be the best time to release it—especially in between Mario Kart installments. I’m still flabbergasted the Mario Kart teams never took that story driven, open world approach—that’s been the key missing ingredient from Mario Kart, and really, most Nintendo multiplayer focused games lack so much in single player content.

I think Banjo-Kazooie is an E3 type of release. I don’t see it at an X event or Game Awards—it’s in a weird position of them considering it niche while also knowing it’s massive popularity, and E3 seems like the best place to test that.

I hope they don’t go straight into a Threeie. Redo the original two N-Sane Trilogy style as a stopgap before a Threeie—test it with audiences, work out the kinks of doing a BK platform for the new team, and use that base to expand on it in a third, as Tooie did to Kazooie. What I want to avoid is a hypothetical new team trying to work out how to make a Banjo-Kazooie game while simultaneously having to bring new things. Better to scaffold it.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy Birthday Banjo Tooie!

DKC2 was also released today, so it seems a popular birthday for Rare Sequels!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Happy Birthday Banjo Tooie!

DKC2 was also released today, so it seems a popular birthday for Rare Sequels!
What a funny coincidence that two of my favorite Rare games share the same birthday with each other.

QQS

Smash Lord
I don’t often post here, but how Banjo-Kazooie fans see Geno’s chances? I wonder because I’m from 1990 and I grew up with both of them. When I saw BK joining the battle, I couldn’t believe that epicness and almost cried. When Geno gets in, it will be that and even more (for me). Hope one day we can see Banjo & Geno together!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I feel so bad that I have completely forgotten about this game's 20th birthday. Happy 20th birthday to this absolute gem of a 3D collectathon! I may not have liked this one as much as the first game, but this is still a damn great game nonetheless! Let's hope we get our long-awaited Banjo-Threeie soon!
Banjo-Tooie.jpg

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
In speaking of anniversaries, Sakurai just tweeted this. Happy Japanese anniversary to Banjo-Kazooie!!!

[Also, happy birthday ivanlerma ivanlerma !]

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Welp, #FreeMelee just forced Nintendo to close the stream for the NA Splatoon 2 tournament. Like that's gonna affect Nintendo. Just let Melee die already! It was fun when it lasted, but it was made in a time that makes me sad...the time Banjo & Kazooie left Nintendo. :( Still sad when that happened.

The #FreeMelee movement might try to boycott Nintendo. Pfft, good luck!

I'm worried...worried Nintendo's gonna become like...like EA with how they're treating the fans lately! Closing tomorrow's livestream of Spaltoon 2's tournament, the cease and desist they had against Big House...I'm scared...what if they cancel BOTW 2 or the rest of Fighter's Pass 2?!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey Guys, Today's my Birthday. i'm officially 20 and now i'm an adult.
Happy belated birthday to you ivanlerma ivanlerma and happy 2 year anniversary to Ultimate! I can't believe the game's been out for 2 years now. I remember during this time 2 years ago was when Hitagi was saying Steve and Katalina were in and some of us here were afraid because Verge knew this guy and somewhat claimed he was credible. Some of us thought Steve made it in over Banjo & Kazooie lol! Who would have thought at that time later down the line almost 2 years later we would be getting both Banjo & Kazooie and Steve. It's funny how everything works in the end.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Welp, #FreeMelee just forced Nintendo to close the stream for the NA Splatoon 2 tournament. Like that's gonna affect Nintendo. Just let Melee die already! It was fun when it lasted, but it was made in a time that makes me sad...the time Banjo & Kazooie left Nintendo. :( Still sad when that happened.

I'm worried...worried Nintendo's gonna become like...like EA with how they're treating the fans lately! Closing tomorrow's livestream of Splatoon 2's tournament, the cease and desist they had against Big House...I'm scared...what if they cancel BOTW 2 or the rest of Fighter's Pass 2?!
I may not be too worried about this problem, however, I feel if you look at both sides of the spectrum you might understand how the Melee fans might feel about this situation and how it affects Nintendo, but maybe don't take it too seriously so it doesn't hurt you care for the company and smash bros.

But what do I know, I really don't care too much about this news since my mind is in other places yet somewhere deep down I wish I'd do something, perhaps you should wait how this goes and hope for a glimmering light to come through. perhaps, praying can help you out.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

I'm worried...worried Nintendo's gonna become like...like EA with how they're treating the fans lately! Closing tomorrow's livestream of Spaltoon 2's tournament, the cease and desist they had against Big House...I'm scared...what if they cancel BOTW 2 or the rest of Fighter's Pass 2?!
...Why would they even consider canceling either BOTW 2 or Fighter's Pass 2? Both of those are guaranteed money-makers.

You REALLY have a problem with jumping to extreme conclusions out of paranoia, dude.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I may not be too worried about this problem, however, I feel if you look at both sides of the spectrum you might understand how the Melee fans might feel about this situation and how it affects Nintendo, but maybe don't take it too seriously so it doesn't hurt you care for the company and smash bros.

But what do I know, I really don't care too much about this news since my mind is in other places yet somewhere deep down I wish I'd do something, perhaps you should wait how this goes and hope for a glimmering light to come through. perhaps, praying can help you out.
Thanks for replying. I'm not worried anymore...

...Why would they even consider canceling either BOTW 2 or Fighter's Pass 2? Both of those are guaranteed money-makers.

You REALLY have a problem with jumping to extreme conclusions out of paranoia, dude.
Sorry...

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Chances are it's gonna be a big name/3rd party icon.

Crash Bandicoot is coming to salvage what little is left of the year 2020 and end it with an absolute bang.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well...I gotta admit, I was not expecting Sephiroth as Fighter #8; that's definitely...something.

To be fair, he does look pretty cool, and it's neat to have another villain on the roster.

Though I'm praying to the Smash gods that this doesn't mean that Sora'll be a no-show...or worse, a Mii costume released alongside the Sephiroth Pack.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm iffy since Sephiroth's not on my radar, and what this means for the rest of the pass. But I don't care--all I care is BANJO & KAZOOIE IS IN ANOTHER CG TRAILER AND THEY LOOK BEAUTIFUL. AND IN A STORY-LIKE SEQUENCE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE THEY'VE BEEN THERE ALL ALONG I LOVE IT ALL.

BanjoKazooieSephiroth.png

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Yeah, I'm iffy since Sephiroth's not on my radar, and what this means for the rest of the pass. But I don't care--all I care is BANJO & KAZOOIE IS IN ANOTHER CG TRAILER AND THEY LOOK BEAUTIFUL. AND IN A STORY-LIKE SEQUENCE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE THEY'VE BEEN THERE ALL ALONG I LOVE IT ALL.

View attachment 294943
One of my favorite parts was seeing them in this glorious CG. They look so good here!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Yeah, Sephiroth was a fine addition and I'm really excited at the prospect of another video game villain making it into Smash, and such a famous and huge one no less, but MANNNNNN seeing Banjo & Kazooie in that opening cutscene with the rest of the roster is absolutely heartwarming to see. It feels like they never left Nintendo and are where they truly belong. It's also cool because it helps confirm that even though they're DLC that can't be come across normally in the campaign, all the added characters are canonically involved in World of Light!

Eo7t7iXXIAMiNtE.jpeg

AND I'M SO FREAKING PUMPED TO HOPEFULLY PREORDER THEIR AMIIBO IT STILL LOOKS SO ******* GOOD!

1607729922373.png

I really hope they make a huge gaming comeback with their franchise in the near future. They can't vanish back into video game obscurity again, they just can't! It's a great time to be a Banjo fan once again <3 Thank Sakurai and his crew, Microsoft, and Rare for working on making this old-school gamer's dreams come to reality <3

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Only thing that would have made the amiibo better, besides being in my hand right now, was having the jiggy be a bunch of jiggies to form the stand. Also, not look like a block of cheese.

Top Bottom