• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Another Korone based Banjo-Kazooie animation. It won't take long until we get more memes based off this lol. It's fascinating that the game is receiving a lot of attention recently. She is going to have a blast at Rusty Bucket Bay and that engine room.
I'm just happy that 2Snacks is finally getting the attention they deserve, they are a god-tier animator. They literally learned how to animate in Unity once just to make a Red Dead Redemption shippost.
So it kind of really fLIcking sucks that they have to dispute Youtube right now for taking down one of their videos for literally no reason.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Okay...Here's something much less inane to talk about.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
You know, this long *** drought and the nervous breakdown among the community on who could be next or not makes me very grateful that K. Rool, Ridley, and Banjo & Kazooie are all in the game. No matter how this game ends, I can already rest easy knowning 3 out of my 5 most wanted made it in.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Holy crap, its Minecraft Steve! Can't believe the relationship Nintendo and Microsoft has developed these past few years. Really hoping they only get stronger as we progress in the future. It would be really cool if they loosen their grip on Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie and we can get them back on Nintendo consoles as ports or remasters!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Huh. Well, alrighty then, Steve from Minecraft is officially a fighter in the game now. You know what, for all the people who genuinely wanted him in (and not to say, troll others), I say congratulations!

He already looks pretty interesting, and I look forward to learning more about him this Saturday!

P.S. That moment when Steve first appeared and Mario just stood there awkwardly was actually pretty hilarious, not gonna lie!

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
YO ! Now both Steve and banjo are in smash !

the rivalry can now be setteled in smash ! of course there friends tho !

sakurai said if it wasn't for minecraft on switch the talks for banjo in smash would of never happend ! plus minecraft actually have the banjo skin on switch iself (and rare said the banjo skin is banjo himself & is canon) steve deserves to be in we owe a lot to him. The Banjo-Kazooie & minecraft fandom should be BFFs now !

thanks notch your little indi game paved the way for banjo in smash

PS: Mojang give us a Banjo Kazooie minecraft mash up pack already PLEASE !

PSS: Villager & skeleton should of been alt skins for steve. I want villager VS villager in smash LOL

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I’m happy for the Steve fans. I’ll be honest it’s not the character or direction of Minecraft in Smash I had hoped for, but from talking with my friend it seems like it was finely tuned for those who are fans of Steve. While it is annoying seeing some Steve trolls use this as an opportunity to **** on Banjo, I’m glad to also see some positive takes of them being Smash bros together now. Can’t wait to see the (positive) fan art.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Anyone here expecting to see any Rare costumes when the next Mii Fighter costumes are shown off? I remember being hyped to possibly see a Rare costume back when we had Banjo-Kazooie's demonstration video but no Rare related, or any Microsoft owned costumes were ever revealed. Of course we're not owed a MS or Rare costume whenever a MS owned character joins Smash as DLC, but I would say now would be a good time if any to see Conker, Mumbo, Rash, Juno, or hell even Master Chief as a deluxe mii costume.

At the very least some sort of Minecraft hat or even a costume is likely to happen imo.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i'm having some guesses on the mii costumes to be in steve's pass.
i have two ideas, either it be Microsoft characters such as Rare and Master Chief(and possibly Cacodemon) or Purely Indie Game Characters such as Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Freddy Fazbear, etc. then again they can randomize everything, but i digress.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Banjo was the 1st Western Rep, Steve (Minecraft) is the 2nd. I absolutely doubt anyone would hate Steve's inclusion. Plus, I've always wanted Steve over Banjo because Steve is over a million times more iconic than Banjo.

Last edited:

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
My lore is that the Grinch Leak was at one point real, but the jealousy and entitlement Steve felt turned him into the dark and corrupted Grotesque Steve.
After this he destroyed all but two of the invitations of the new characters. He couldn't get Ken's as he by chance left it with Ryu by accident, and Banjo's he stole for himself. But after getting help from an unlikely ally in Erdrick and a "survivors guilt" ridden Ken, they helped both steal it back at the last minute, leading to GS's defeat and humiliation. After that, he reverted back to regular Steve and realized what he'd done and sought therapy from his friend Alex and a friendly Skeleton and Enderman.
Then as the Smash council was taking suggestions from fighters, Banjo thought back to how it felt being mocked and treated like a joke and seeing Steve all better from therapy and the upset true Steve fans. So he vouched for him a spot on Fighter Pass 2. The Smash council was hesitant at first, but then remembered how big Minecraft is and agreed.
So in the end, Steve and his friends were brought on board, Erdrick was included as an alt costume for Luminary (along with Solo and Eight who helped Erdrick), and the 3 year long feud was finally laid to rest.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ya’ll know what this means. If it’s a Smash presentation, rather than exclusively a Minecraft one (might be because it’s before Minecon), we might see the Banjo & Kazooie amiibo soon. Getting ready to preorder it as soon as possible!

Anyone here expecting to see any Rare costumes when the next Mii Fighter costumes are shown off? I remember being hyped to possibly see a Rare costume back when we had Banjo-Kazooie's demonstration video but no Rare related, or any Microsoft owned costumes were ever revealed. Of course we're not owed a MS or Rare costume whenever a MS owned character joins Smash as DLC, but I would say now would be a good time if any to see Conker, Mumbo, Rash, Juno, or hell even Master Chief as a deluxe mii costume.

At the very least some sort of Minecraft hat or even a costume is likely to happen imo.
Not expecting Rare costumes because they would have almost certainly come with Banjo & Kazooie. And since talks of Steve were going on for a while, I think that’s why Microsoft costumes didn’t come with Banjo & Kazooie. I think it makes sense to include Microsoft characters, like Master Chief, with Steve, with the caveat that they may be treating Steve like a Mojang rep, as that’s what’s in the credits.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Ya’ll know what this means. If it’s a Smash presentation, rather than exclusively a Minecraft one (might be because it’s before Minecon), we might see the Banjo & Kazooie amiibo soon. Getting ready to preorder it as soon as possible!

Not expecting Rare costumes because they would have almost certainly come with Banjo & Kazooie. And since talks of Steve were going on for a while, I think that’s why Microsoft costumes didn’t come with Banjo & Kazooie. I think it makes sense to include Microsoft characters, like Master Chief, with Steve, with the caveat that they may be treating Steve like a Mojang rep, as that’s what’s in the credits.
I'm actually curious. Rare isn't listed in the credits but Mojang is. Do you think it's because Minecraft is treated almost seperate from Microsoft itself since it's on every platform imaginable?

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually curious. Rare isn't listed in the credits but Mojang is. Do you think it's because Minecraft is treated almost seperate from Microsoft itself since it's on every platform imaginable?
Mojang AB's contract with Microsoft may have allowed them to retain ownership of Minecraft in case of a split.
I know that Sea of Thieves is copyrighted to Microsoft on the game's website but Minecraft is copyrighted to Mojang on Mojang's website.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Mojang AB's contract with Microsoft may have allowed them to retain ownership of Minecraft in case of a split.
I know that Sea of Thieves is copyrighted to Microsoft on the game's website but Minecraft is copyrighted to Mojang on Mojang's website.
Yeah that seems like it may be the reason. In any case, I'm glad both vocal sides don't have to fight anymore now that both Banjo and Steve are in. Now they can fight in the game itself!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Quick unrelated question: Does anyone know of a video or guide on the internet that explains how to use counter-based Special Moves such as Marth's Counter, Incineroar's Revenge, or Joker's Rebel Guard? Because I've been wanting to get better at using them, but I haven't found anything on Youtube, and the more I try to learn on my own, the more I feel like the move type in general feels incredibly luck-based and annoying to use.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...t_in_smash_bros_began_at_least_five_years_ago

Warms my heart to see that they were considering Steve all this time, and Nintendo still chose to have :ultbanjokazooie: prioritized first.
In my opinion, it wasn't "Banjo was prioritized first" but rather "Banjo wasn't a ***** to program". It's pertty clear Steve's gimmick took a lot of manpower out of the team. It does give "Chicken and Egg" vibe to these 2.

Five years ago was the same year that said famous tweet that started the butterfly effect, but what came first of the deal? It honestly seems both were negotiated very closely and only were scattered so far due to the development of Steve taking far more time.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It’s amazing they included a jiggy with their amiibo. It LOOKS. SO. BEAUTIFUL.

While I’m not a fan of amiibos myself, I promised before Ultimate’s release that if Banjo & Kazooie ever got in, Banjo & Kazooie would be my first amiibo. And I’m keeping that promise. Waiting for pre-orders to go up!

Top Bottom