• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Banjo-Kazooie at hotTopic ? haven't been to one of those stores IN YEARS ! maybe 6 or 8 years or so since the one by me shut down

that banjo leggo looks strange ?
The Hot Topic at my local mall never seems to die, possibly because they actually have good nerd merch that's slept on. The experience of most adults walking into a Hot Topic is the old "Haha it's like I'm an angsty 14 year old again lol.", and for me I still do that, but then I look at the t shirts, say "Y'know there's actually some good stuff here." And I walk out with 1 or 2 high quality shirts added to my collection.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Quick thought: why isn't Rare credited on the title screen? Monolith, Creatures, HAL, Intelligent Systems- they're all credited for their characters even though they're all owned by the big N. So why is only Microsoft there and not Rare too? Atlus is there despite Sega already being there.
Pretty strange oversight indeed. Although this may not mean that we're getting any more Rare characters, but...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Quick thought: why isn't Rare credited on the title screen? Monolith, Creatures, HAL, Intelligent Systems- they're all credited for their characters even though they're all owned by the big N. So why is only Microsoft there and not Rare too? Atlus is there despite Sega already being there.
Platinum Games isn’t credited either despite them creating Bayonetta. Sega owns the Bayonetta IP.

My guess is it’s based on which company owns the IP.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Platinum Games isn’t credited either despite them creating Bayonetta. Sega owns the Bayonetta IP.

My guess is it’s based on which company owns the IP.
Bayonetta is a really strange case. Sega only owns the IP for Bayo 1, everything else is for Nintendo.

Meanwhile, Microsoft fully owns Rare, yet they're not allowed to be credited? It seems off to me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's Microsoft saying: "We own this ****!"

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I am upset. I always get spammers, trolls, wimps, toxic smug players and campers in my arenas, even those using Banjo! And it upsets me so much. I want an arena with none, excuse me, NONE, of those types of players!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I am upset. I always get spammers, trolls, wimps, toxic smug players and campers in my arenas, even those using Banjo! And it upsets me so much. I want an arena with none, excuse me, NONE, of those types of players!
That's about 65% percent of online in a nutshell. And you can't forget about the lag which makes things worse. That's why I don't play online as much anymore because I want to have 100% percent control of my movements without being screwed over and nerf over the online lag.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
That's about 65% percent of online in a nutshell. And you can't forget about the lag which makes things worse. That's why I don't play online as much anymore because I want to have 100% percent control of my movements without being screwed over and nerf over the online lag.
I want an arena where it's ones I trust. Like all of you guys and girls here!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, neat info came up from Ayumi Tachibana:

The DQ livestream is very interesting. So much behind the scene things from Sakurai.
Just Hero bit here. I don't want to translate all but you should be looking forward for full-translation from PushDustIn.
Demands for DQ was always there but Sakurai thought it was just impossible however Nintendo said to him this time may be they can make it happen.
SE suggested Slime first but Sakurai really wanted Hero. Hero was first only had 11 and 3 skins but Horii gave him go for the others. Sakurai really wanted DQ3 hero and he had intention to create 8 different Heroes but he couldn't do it because of time constraints. The image of DQ1 hero is too varied and DQ5 protagonist is not a sword-wielder so they went with DQ4 hero instead. DQ8 protagonist was for overseas.
The concept of Hero was to represent the big-hearted, easygoing and generous feelings that DQ has. He knows that competitive players tend to dislike randomness but Smash is always meant to be a loose game.
One more thing.
It's not stated clearly but the talk between Sakurai and Fujimoto sounded like DQ was planned very early stage of Ultimate.
This is purely on my speculation but may be it sent to DLC because of JASRAC. DQ musics are managed by them and they always take money by percentage of the sales of the product so the cost will be far less if it's DLC.
So, from the sound of things, Hero was planned so early that it's no wonder why he's been rumored for a year, and why his trailer took more effort than even Joker's. Now it's impossible to claim that BK's trailer didn't recycle any assets from the K. Rool one to save on cost.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, from the sound of things, Hero was planned so early that it's no wonder why he's been rumored for a year, and why his trailer took more effort than even Joker's. Now it's impossible to claim that BK's trailer didn't recycle any assets from the K. Rool one to save on cost.
While that may be true (and I wonder how the trailers will be after the Pass), I like how they found a solution for Banjo's trailer that was both cost-efficient and fanservicey for us. That's the mark of good design and management right there.

Thar said... we're at page 777! I just realized it and it's amazing!

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Hey, all. I posted this in the Geno thread for fun but it got like zero traction/reaction. Still, I thought I'd post it here as well to see what you think and or would want to see :) :::::

Ok, so, in a perfect world, where everybody gets in and no player is left disappointed, these are the ten fighters I'd love to see first.

(In no particular order in relation to each other lol)

1. Geno - Super Mario RPG - Square
2. Dig Dug - Bandai Namco
3. Anesha - Cross Edge - Idea Factory
4. Spyro - Activision
5. Terra - Final Fantasy VI - Square
6. Kite - .hack - Bandai Namco
7. Sheva, Sherry or Jill - Resident Evil - Capcom
8. Aero - Aero the Acrobat - Sunsoft
9. Shantae - Wayforward
10. Isaac - Golden Sun - Nintendo

images.jpeg
geno_ultimate_render_by_nibroc_rock_dcydivn-pre.png
Character-portrait_(16).png

download.jpeg

cross_edge_conceptart_zmj5Z.jpg

the-legend-of-spyro-dawn-of-the-dragon-02.jpg

image.jpeg

Kite_Dot_Hack_Render.png
dot-Hack-Versus-Kite-BlackRose.jpg

929198_20080820_screen010.jpg
Sherry6a.jpg
REDSJill.png

220px-Sega_Genesis_Aero_the_Acro-Bat_cover_art.jpg

df4.gif

Nibroc-Rock_Isaac_(Golden_Sun)-Smash_U.png

So whatcha think? Lol
Anybody out there know all these characters?
Wouldn't they look beautiful in Smash?
I sure think so :)

Of course, there would still be countless others I'd love after these, but I wanted the list to be manageable. Plus, you know, "10 slots" and all lol :)

Also, who would you want? Forget about any rules or being realistic. Show me your favorites :)

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

What are the odds that one of you photoshop wizards could make a banjo version of these?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hey, all. I posted this in the Geno thread for fun but it got like zero traction/reaction. Still, I thought I'd post it here as well to see what you think and or would want to see :) :::::

Ok, so, in a perfect world, where everybody gets in and no player is left disappointed, these are the ten fighters I'd love to see first.

4. Spyro - Activision
9. Shantae - Wayforward

So whatcha think? Lol

Of course, there would still be countless others I'd love after these, but I wanted the list to be manageable. Plus, you know, "10 slots" and all lol :)

Also, who would you want? Forget about any rules or being realistic. Show me your favorites :)
Throwing realism out the window, this would be my top ten for the upcoming DLC:

1. Steve
2. Geno
3. Skull Kid
4. Midna
5. Porky Minch
6. Gengar
7. Toad
8. Creeper
9. Chibi-Robo
10. King Boo

Kind of getting low on big wants aside from most of this list. Crash, Spyro, Shantae, and Doomguy would be cool as well. Master Chief is cool too but, y’know. Some others are cool but then it gets to when I’m just thinking “they seem cool” or “okay” about every character I don’t personally want.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Throwing realism out the window, this would be my top ten for the upcoming DLC:

1. Steve
2. Geno
3. Skull Kid
4. Midna
5. Porky Minch
6. Gengar
7. Toad
8. Creeper
9. Chibi-Robo
10. King Boo

Kind of getting low on big wants aside from most of this list. Crash, Spyro, Shantae, and Doomguy would be cool as well. Master Chief is cool too but, y’know. Some others are cool but then it gets to when I’m just thinking “they seem cool” or “okay” about every character I don’t personally want.
Lots of great picks!
Gotta say, since people started responding to my list post, I have yet to see any fighters that would be bad additions. A bit puzzling perhaps, but that's it. (Mainly the thought of seeing a Creeper jumping around, doing aerial maneuvers :)

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Lots of great picks!
Gotta say, since people started responding to my list post, I have yet to see any fighters that would be bad additions. A bit puzzling perhaps, but that's it. (Mainly the thought of seeing a Creeper jumping around, doing aerial maneuvers :)
I came up with a moveset for the Creeper in my thread for it, though I’m not sure how good it is. Basically, for its aerials, it could throw a bit of explosive gunpowder, spin while kicking, drop TNT, etc.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I came up with a moveset for the Creeper in my thread for it, though I’m not sure how good it is. Basically, for its aerials, it could throw a bit of explosive gunpowder, spin while kicking, drop TNT, etc.
There's a Creeper support thread!? That's amazing! You can put me on your list too :)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Minecraft Steve should be added w a ton of diff skins (like creeper)
yeah I think Steve should come first, I just love the Creeper too so y’know.

I’d personally limit Steve’s skins to him, Alex, and maybe Herobrine though I’m not sure if there’s a chance of them doing that since they even removed the Herobrine skins from the Bedrock Edition skinpacks for some reason they never made public, despite still making jokes and using his name in some things (and him appearing in a video too) and still putting “-Removed Herobrine” in changelogs.

Anyway, for Banjo & Kazooie, I’m not sure what to talk about, I’m just happy they’re in the game and I like their moveset.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh hey, we hit the jackpot in page numbers. Sick! Hope you are all enjoying Banjo & Kazooie. Been playing them a lot especially with the smash squad at work.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821

4. Spyro - Activision
9. Shantae - Wayforward

So whatcha think? Lol

Since Banjo and Kazooie are in there really isn't any characters I REALLY want but if I had to choose
1. Hat Kid (A Hat in Time is my favorite indie game and 2nd favorite 3D platformer)
Hat_Kid_Transparent.png
2. Monster Hunter (Huge Monster Hunter fan and the moveset potential is ridiculous)
MonsterHunter.png
^Those are the only two I would be excited about
v Everything else I just want in for people to be happy
3. Geno (It's been long enough just put him in already)
geno_ultimate_render_by_nibroc_rock_dcydivn-pre.png
4. Crash Bandicoot (Complete the 90s rivalry)
220px-Crash_Bandicoot.png
5. Doomguy (the idea is just too entertaining)
220px-Doomguy_(Doom_2016).png
6. Dr. Robotnik (The only other appropriate sonic character IMO)
eggman_by_strunton_dav690l-pre.png
7. Dark Souls (A lot of characters could work)
The rest of the top 10 can be whatever, again I don't really have characters I REALLY want.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since it doesn't seem like the JFG spirits will be implemented in the game, do you think that'll prompt the start of a fan campaign for the two kids?

The trailers after the Season Pass will probably be like Smash 4's DLC trailers where it's just pretty much gameplay of the characters.
That's what people thought before and after Joker got released. I honestly think we'll see more retro-style trailers to cut on expenses a bit.

Heck, two out of 5 characters for the current pass so far just got trailers and nothing else.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If we're talking about character wants then this is my list. It's all third party since there aren't many more major first party characters that are left that aren't already Assist trophies or Spirits (This will change once a spirit becomes a character).

My smash ultimate dlc fighters in order.png

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Characters I REALLY want in:
Sora

Characters I'm not a giant advocate for (as much as Banjo & Kazooie, King K. Rool, and Sora), but would definitely not complain about:
Bandana Dee
Geno (Assuming Spirit Battles don't affect anything)
Rayman (Same as above)
Spyro
Crash

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I'd really love to still see Crash Bandicoot, Ryu Hayabusa and hopefully Rayman. I'd absolutely love Terra from FF6 & Chrono from Chrono Trigger. Both of those games are masterpieces that are still legendary in the gaming world and should be cemented in Smash. Along with those two titles, Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country 2 & Majora's Mask; that would probably be my top 5 in favorites lol Geno would be pretty sweet as well

StormC

Smash Hero

4. Spyro - Activision
9. Shantae - Wayforward

So whatcha think? Lol

Absolutely no rules?

1. Dr. Eggman
2. Dixie Kong
3. Gruntilda
4. Bomberman
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Leon Kennedy
7. Dante
8. Velvet Crowe
9. Bandana Dee
10. Zack Fair (echo fighter)

Shout out to Ganon who sadly barely got pushed out.

EDIT: Some characters I sort of "passively want" where I'm not actively rooting for their inclusion but I'd be pretty pleased if they got in:

1. Waluigi
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Geno

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Seems like the professional scene is starting to warm up to Banjo. He’s starting to quietly feel like the most popular of the DLC post-release due to him being a good character that doesn’t fight with easy to use broken moves.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Most wanted in order I put 2 in some slots cuz I cant chose xD

1.banjo kazooie, king k.rool.
2. Rayman, battletoads
3. Shadow echo
4. minecraft steve
5. Sora
6. Chorus kids

Also super smash bros gotta make more of a effort to put in all the heroes complimentary villains like shadow

Top Bottom