• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
big enough to hold a switch you say ? Hmmm? I think I am going to have to mod myself a new switch dock

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Is Neutral B (I call it "eggz") a good move? I'd personally rather use grenade and do something else to react to my opponent's defensive options rather than use Eggz. It just seems very laggy, and like it doesn't do a whole lot rather than be kind of annoying (not necessarily useful in practice). I'm pretty much only refering to the aerial version without the "gun".

ESAM called it a worse version of T-Jolts, but I'm not sure it's even like that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Is Neutral B (I call it "eggz") a good move? I'd personally rather use grenade and do something else to react to my opponent's defensive options rather than use Eggz. It just seems very laggy, and like it doesn't do a whole lot rather than be kind of annoying (not necessarily useful in practice). I'm pretty much only refering to the aerial version without the "gun".

ESAM called it a worse version of T-Jolts, but I'm not sure it's even like that.
Eggs are a decent edge guard tool and can be used to lead into combos (I shot an egg out and immediately Wonderwinged into another Banjo for the win).

I really haven't found any use for Breegull Blaster though...

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Eggs are good at longer range & for quick jumps to shoot eggs

Breegull Blaster is good for the 1st 3 shots & are good to switch it up & take your foe off gaurd but not meant to be used long term 1 on 1

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Eggs are a decent edge guard tool and can be used to lead into combos (I shot an egg out and immediately Wonderwinged into another Banjo for the win).

I really haven't found any use for Breegull Blaster though...

They seem especially laggy in neutral for me. Grenades feel a lot more flexible. It feels hard having to focus on the grenade explosion for a follow-up/potential read, etc.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I've been able to at short range shoot, jump, shoot, jump, shoot. Not sure if it can be used competitively, but it's fun. Mostly good for, as people have said, edge guarding, longer range hits, and I've found it really useful in 4-player free-for-alls where they're all fighting each other and I'm staying a safe distance shooting until someone comes after me.

I really see no reason to have it such a short range--it looks weird, and one of the few moves that aren't accurate to the games at all, where they go off indefinitely unless hit. I think they should have made it long range, but it's power decreases the longer distance it travels. Right now it just looks awkward--same with the feather meter above Banjo & Kazooie, rather than by their stock icon.

WiiRool

Smash Cadet
NNID
WiiRool
Switch FC
SW-2514-2416-3131
At long range I don't mind pulling out the Breegull Blaster from time to time because Banjo puts Kazooie away deceptively fast anyway.
It covers a lot of space when you jump with it and it combos into itself.

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I FINALLY GOT IT
That K.Rool player must've had it with me at that point :D

Eat your heart out, Snake.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I FINALLY GOT IT
That K.Rool player must've had it with me at that point :D
I know that was online, but isn't there a number limit rule in local tournaments of how many times you can grab someone into a combo constantly over and over again all at once?

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I know that was online, but isn't there a number limit rule in local tournaments of how many times you can grab someone into a combo constantly over and over again all at once?
Haven't heard anything about it. Besides, you only need 3 grabs for that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Haven't heard anything about it. Besides, you only need 3 grabs for that.
Okay, I just heard that from a friend of mine that has friends that has competed in local tournaments. I never competed in a tournament myself so I don't know any of the rules.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That was a Brawl thing.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I just heard that from a friend of mine that has friends that has competed in local tournaments. I never competed in a tournament myself so I don't know any of the rules.
I haven't really heard of any such rule, ever. It's not like pseudo chaingrabs are really a thing (Joker can do something similiar), and the opponent either has an option to get out, or they're already at a kill percent for it to matter.

That was a Brawl thing.
Was it? I played competitively and they were allowed to 0-death you...

I did something similiar with Joker a while ago. This was offline, so it's not like they couldn't react to it.
lowkey missing joker

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
that was ****ing dope
You're dope. I'm not even a real Banjo main yet. :D

Also, something funny I did earlier. I absolutely never expected this, let alone try it. It just happened

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Okay, the Joy Con Drift appears to be back, and despite trying to use canned air, blowing, and brushing the control stick, it's still going, and I'm starting to think I might have to send it to Nintendo for repairs. So, quick question: are they still not charging for issues regarding Joy Con Drift?

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I don't think they are unless they want that class action lawsuit LOL as soon as that was annouced nintendo changed there tune LOL

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
...Okay, the Joy Con Drift appears to be back, and despite trying to use canned air, blowing, and brushing the control stick, it's still going, and I'm starting to think I might have to send it to Nintendo for repairs. So, quick question: are they still not charging for issues regarding Joy Con Drift?
I sent mine in a few weeks ago--really simple, and it really was no questions asked. Got 4 of mine fixed, and they came back working perfectly, the only downside was it took weeks (perhaps because of the high volume of repairs they must have had), but it was fine since I had a working pair I recently bought. They shouldn't ever change that policy--repair costs should only be for things within the consumer's control, not for a defect in their controllers and now, presumably, in the more expensive Switch Lite. Curious if they extend that policy to the Switch Lite, as that seems like a terrible deal, if not.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I know this is old, but screw it!

Oh then I guess that it makes perfect sense that Nintendo was in charge of a separate booth at E3 2001 to promote Conker, since they hated the game so much.

I mean, at the very least you could have said "IMO" cuz honestly, your statement is truly laughable.
That sounds like a bit of a given

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I have 4 Joy-Cons coming back from repair by the end of today. They had varying degrees of drifting.

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I've had my console since January, and I never had any issues with my Joycons. I use Joycons with grip, and people keep asking me if they never broke. I wonder why so many people break their Joycons. Hell, it's not like I don't move.

semi relevant
Originally wanted something else, but this isn't too bad. Got it twice, for a surprisingly alright coverage.
Would you say this is worth clipping?

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
its not that people brake there joycons but joycons have a high defect rate due to some weird plastic thingy AKA nintendo made it very poorly

ze9

Smash Ace
Nintendo sadly ran out of nintendonium at some point after the Gamecube era :(

Anyways, eggs. I actually use them a lot. Grenades are better in almost every way (especially since they can be B-reversed and even picked up), but the normal eggs are pretty useful too. Remember, there can only be one grenade egg on screen at a time, while eggs have no such limitation. They also trade with a lot of smaller projectiles. They can also serve as a distraction for the opponent when your real aim is to hit them with a grenade egg. They also combo in weird ways, like normal egg - grenade egg - fair, that's a thing.
Basically, I clutter the screen with eggs.
Also, breegull blaster is fine for 2-3 stray hits when they're not expecting it, but I'd like to find some better uses for it. It could be a good anti-spam move I guess, but the normal egg throw, the grenade, the wonderwing and all the Kazooie pokes are already great for that, so that's not an area that really needs to be covered in Banjo's toolkit.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Luckliy I haven't had any issues with my Joycons that came with my Switch that I got back in February 2018.

Then again I barely use them at all as I mainly game with the Pro Controller and the only game I used them the most in was Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Super Mario Party to a lesser extent because it was required.

Last edited:

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
Lowkey starting to prefer Quickplay over Arena battles. Sometimes I'm just too lazy too set it up, and sometimes I don't feel like waiting (if there's like 1-2, or more people in line). Quickplay can be kind of good if you have the right head on your shoulders. I feel people treat it as a competitive standpoint, and focus too much on GSP. You don't necessarily get better by simply winning, and let alone if you're doing the same bad habits (this even goes to offline friendlies).

All practice isn't equal, and simply playing is not always "practice". Go in with a purpose, or goal in mind. Something to learn that'll make you better in the long run, even if it means sacrificing matches just for it. I've duped as low as sub 1 million the other day just trying to practice some techniques.

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
I've got to say something that's been on my mind: I truly believed that Banjo and Kazooie would be able to split up.

Given that the two DLC characters before B-K both had gimmicks, I was certain the bear and bird would follow in their footsteps. The way I evisioned it, they would act similar to the Ice Climbers in the sense that upon being knocked to the blast zone, one of the two (picked at random, perhaps?) Would be hurled back onstage, with a unique moveset that saves moves from their combined form, but replaces the unusable moves with brand new, styalized ones like the Pack Whack or gliding.

To say I was disappointed when they launched would be lying, but a part of me still yearns for a gimmick greater than their invincible Wonderwing. Thoughts, anyone?

(This is not to say that I dislike how they feel. I think giving us a gimmickless character that feels like they belonged in the base roster is fantastic and suits B-K perfectly!)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I was dreading the thought they might have a gimmick. Banjo is a character whose gimmick is that he's freaking back on a Nintendo console. That's all he needed and I'm glad Sakurai realized that. If he had to have the only one I would have been ok with is swapping eggs because it's not really that big of a gimmick. So I'm perfectly satisfied with what we got.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Quick thought: why isn't Rare credited on the title screen? Monolith, Creatures, HAL, Intelligent Systems- they're all credited for their characters even though they're all owned by the big N. So why is only Microsoft there and not Rare too? Atlus is there despite Sega already being there.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Banjo-Kazooie at hotTopic ? haven't been to one of those stores IN YEARS ! since the one by me shut down

that banjo leggo looks strange ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom