• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm going with fake on that 4chan post. Anybody can post "evidence"--it's why Reddit requires the person's official social media platform to give the proof. And this contradicts a lot of what has been said, and sounds more like a fanboy's version of the events.

I like the animations, But many of the movesets that have been discussed here before have been pretty much on the same level of accuracy.

One of the main reasons Banjo-Kazooie were so perfect for Super Smash Bros is because their wide moveset potential was practically built for this game, The button inputs are so obvious for their moves that any Banjo-Kazooie fan can make it such as Bregull Bash as their Forward Smash, B Special firing eggs and reverse rat-a-tat rap for back air as an example.

I get kind of annoyed when people decide to go with Beak Barge as the Down Smash, Why would you choose a Down Smash that only hits one direction? Mewtwo is the only one that I'm aware of that does that. Pack Whack is the most obvious choice as Down Smash seeing as it is a 360 degree spin attack, Even Kazooie's Wing Whack Spin can work as a 2nd choice and maybe even as Neutral Air.
Agreed, it's why they're perfect for Smash. For me, I'd be fine with various attacks being used up to get different egg types. I want more egg types, but I also don't want them to be random. It does worry me that we've probably seen all their specials, as that's where I would think the gimmick to switch eggs would be. But I'd be fine if for some moves, if there's not a direct example of how to translate from the original game, to use those as their other egg types.

I also hope they use red feathers somehow. If done wrong, it could be broken, but it's also weird to have gold feathers, but no red feathers. I feel like they should get five, and each one gives an extra, smaller jump.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
While the 4chan post is most-likely fake, I wouldn’t be surprised if Rare actually had some issues given the stuff ingame; their own company logo in the garbage, mocking fans and the platformer genre, Grunty telling Banjo that fans are gonna hate his new look...

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god people, are you all actually falling for that obviously fake 4chan fanfiction? lmao

This is the real story of Nuts & Bolt's development. There was no Microsoft meddling like what some Rare/Banjo fanboys like to believe. The decision to turn it into a vehicular based game was entirely on Rare/Gregg themselves. They just simply didn't want to make another traditional Banjo game. That is all.
Okay, here me out. The reason I believe this is because first off, the timestamp is BEFORE the videos said anything about them wanting to expand the original worlds. The bit about having Conga attack the termites lines up.
Secondly, Rare would get in trouble if they openly bashed MS in an interview and told fans that MS was the reason for a poor B-K game. And the whole "Yeah, we just decided vehicles were better" doesn't sound right to me.
Thirdly: The N&B dialogue. One of the game's most infamous lines is when L.O.G. bashes us gamers by saying "Gamers today only want to shoot stuff". Slap the context of these posts into that, and the whole character of L.O.G. feels exactly like how this poster described those MS representatives.

So yes, it IS a 4chan post, but I feel that these points hold more water than people think. But that's just my opinion...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Okay, here me out. The reason I believe this is because first off, the timestamp is BEFORE the videos said anything about them wanting to expand the original worlds. The bit about having Conga attack the termites lines up.
Secondly, Rare would get in trouble if they openly bashed MS in an interview and told fans that MS was the reason for a poor B-K game. And the whole "Yeah, we just decided vehicles were better" doesn't sound right to me.
Thirdly: The N&B dialogue. One of the game's most infamous lines is when L.O.G. bashes us gamers by saying "Gamers today only want to shoot stuff". Slap the context of these posts into that, and the whole character of L.O.G. feels exactly like how this poster described those MS representatives.

So yes, it IS a 4chan post, but I feel that these points hold more water than people think. But that's just my opinion...
But the video wasn't the first time they talked about it, they've mentioned it on and off in interviews for quite a while, they certainly got those parts from interviews. And it makes sense--they were making a more traditional sequel, realized the worlds were getting too big, and Gregg thought up the car mechanics. I don't agree with it, but it makes sense. As for the dialogue, that's Rare's typical self-deprecating humor. Demographics was certainly a part of their hesitance to make a platformer, and they broke the fourth wall to joke about that.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Started my second playthrough of Odyssey.... I neeeed a 3D Platformer with either/both of these guys with that type of smooth movement and this artstyle

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While the 4chan post is most-likely fake, I wouldn’t be surprised if Rare actually had some issues given the stuff ingame; their own company logo in the garbage, mocking fans and the platformer genre, Grunty telling Banjo that fans are gonna hate his new look...
But the video wasn't the first time they talked about it, they've mentioned it on and off in interviews for quite a while, they certainly got those parts from interviews. And it makes sense--they were making a more traditional sequel, realized the worlds were getting too big, and Gregg thought up the car mechanics. I don't agree with it, but it makes sense. As for the dialogue, that's Rare's typical self-deprecating humor. Demographics was certainly a part of their hesitance to make a platformer, and they broke the fourth wall to joke about that.
I get the impression that Microsoft actually gave the devs too much freedom to do whatever they wanted and they became complacent. I mean, in what world does "what's the solution to making a character go faster...oh yeah, make them drive cars" make any sense? Have Kazooie go right to ludicrous speed and mock :ultsonic: in the process, have her turn into a rocket transformation, something that's more creative, I don't know. Even Castlevania had ways for fast travel for their Metroidvanias, and they still fit the setting.

TLDR; we got what was basically the real-life version of Welcome to the Chum Bucket.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I get the impression that Microsoft actually gave the devs too much freedom to do whatever they wanted and they became complacent. I mean, in what world does "what's the solution to making a character go faster...oh yeah, make them drive cars" make any sense? Have Kazooie go right to ludicrous speed and mock :ultsonic: in the process, have her turn into a rocket transformation, something that's more creative, I don't know. Even Castlevania had ways for fast travel for their Metroidvanias, and they still fit the setting.

TLDR; we got what was basically the real-life version of Welcome to the Chum Bucket.
Battle for Bikini Bottom had a lot of platforming seemingly inspired by Banjo-Kazooie, along with the collectables. For a Threeie, they should take cues from that and allow you to select jiggies you collected as fast travel points.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Even better since that is getting a remake. I bet it'll be shown off in the next Direct, too.
It was shown off at Gamescom--it's still in very early alpha, so I don't expect to see any more for months. But what they showed looks really awesome, and perfectly updates one of my favorite childhood games with a fresh coat of paint.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Do you guys think were getting the Grunty Boss Battle? Pretty dope how Nintendo is propping up Banjo with the rest of its' benchmark IP via Classic Mode love

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Do you guys think were getting the Grunty Boss Battle? Pretty dope how Nintendo is propping up Banjo with the rest of its' benchmark IP via Classic Mode love
I'm more than sure Gruntilda's just a stage hazard/element on the Spiral Mountain stage.

Pretty sure bosses are a base game only kind of deal, much like assist trophies.

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Watching all these analysis and comparisons of B&K's reveal video with the moveset from Kazooie/Tooie games yet no one noticed the backflip (Z+A in-game) at 1:39

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Pretty sure bosses are a base game only kind of deal, much like assist trophies.
Have you heard that sound effect in their trailer when the musics turned down? Seems like a Classic Mode boss...

Watching all these analysis and comparisons of B&K's reveal video with the moveset from Kazooie/Tooie games yet no one noticed the backflip (Z+A in-game) at 1:39
No one really notices the NnB stretch either. I cant wait to see all the other homages they slip into their movement

Dinoman96

Smash Master
People keep bring up that sound effect, but I'm fairly certain it's just indicating the stage rotating to face Grunty's Lair, which prompts Grunty to appear.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
People keep bring up that sound effect, but I'm fairly certain it's just indicating the stage rotating to face Grunty's Lair, which prompts Grunty to appear.
But then what about the bridge? It's absent when characters are fighting, but then the camera angles when Banjo is looking across are different. Not to mention Grunty's model is significantly higher quality then Bottles and Mumbo in their cameos.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
But then what about the bridge? It's absent when characters are fighting, but then the camera angles when Banjo is looking across are different. Not to mention Grunty's model is significantly higher quality then Bottles and Mumbo in their cameos.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Interesting video about their moveset. I really can't wait to see their grab/throw. Will it be the taxi pack from BT (so they can carry ppl like DK)? Or will they work in the wrench from NnB and make it a tether (gimme gimme gimme)?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I can't even tell if this is a Rashomon situation anymore.

Well, whatever happened, happened, Rare still wound up making potboilers for a worthless motion capture device, things still got boring enough there that some key devs left, and the company still lost its soul finally making a dream pirate game that's so boring that Port Royal in KHIII wound up being a much more fun pirate simulator than SoT.

I hope there are some devs out there that get to take a crack at the bear and bird. Someday...
As long as it isn't EA or Activision. They'd throw in loot boxes and micro transactions.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I like the animations, But many of the movesets that have been discussed here before have been pretty much on the same level of accuracy.

One of the main reasons Banjo-Kazooie were so perfect for Super Smash Bros is because their wide moveset potential was practically built for this game, The button inputs are so obvious for their moves that any Banjo-Kazooie fan can make it such as Bregull Bash as their Forward Smash, B Special firing eggs and reverse rat-a-tat rap for back air as an example.

I get kind of annoyed when people decide to go with Beak Barge as the Down Smash, Why would you choose a Down Smash that only hits one direction? Mewtwo is the only one that I'm aware of that does that. Pack Whack is the most obvious choice as Down Smash seeing as it is a 360 degree spin attack, Even Kazooie's Wing Whack Spin can work as a 2nd choice and maybe even as Neutral Air.
I want the Bill Drill as their down throw!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I believe that Krazy understands B-K's relationship the most out of everyone.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

As long as it isn't EA or Activision. They'd throw in loot boxes and micro transactions.
For the last time, you can ignore the latter. Seriously, I didn't notice you could even access the link to the PS store until I checked for the added Nitro Fuel option.

In any case, Microsoft is so lax on the family-friendly franchises they own, the idea of having them even get paid DLC likely didn't occur to them at all. I mean, their only response to the 3D mascot resurgence so far is Lucky's Tale of all things. And we don't know what Spencer will do next on the long run.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, uh, if the Amazon Overwatch case for Switch thing is true, it's yet another thing pointing to a Direct soon. I mean, Overwatch isn't a thing you'd normally announce outside of a Direct, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, Hailfire Peaks and Cloud Cuckooland posts tomorrow. I didn't forget.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, uh, if the Amazon Overwatch case for Switch thing is true, it's yet another thing pointing to a Direct soon. I mean, Overwatch isn't a thing you'd normally announce outside of a Direct, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, Hailfire Peaks and Cloud Cuckooland posts tomorrow. I didn't forget.
An accessory of all things is probably the strangest leak so far. Though I do wonder if a "Definitive Edition" approach would be taken for a Switch version.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm more than sure Gruntilda's just a stage hazard/element on the Spiral Mountain stage.

I think the evidence is pretty strong for a Grunty boss, though. That scene had a more cinematic angle than the rest of the gameplay trailer, which made it stand out--the fact that's also the only shot where you hear a boss-like music sting makes sense. Obviously they can put the camera wherever they want, but it's confluence of evidence, rather than that one specifically that makes it plausible. I can't explain that with the stage spinning. Particularly since every other shot of the trailer and images that are shown show the bridge disconnected--either with just Spiral Mountain, or the bridges as traditional floating platforms (which can't be omega form, since it doesn't have the shape of any other omega form). It gives a lot of Dracula vibes where there's a form of the stage different than all the others.

All that having been said, speculation like this has been wrong in the past with better evidence. So, it's best to assume there's no boss, to avoid being disappointed over nothing. But it's also difficult to ignore the evidence that is there.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Interesting video about their moveset. I really can't wait to see their grab/throw. Will it be the taxi pack from BT (so they can carry ppl like DK)? Or will they work in the wrench from NnB and make it a tether (gimme gimme gimme)?
I've heard the Taxi Pack idea thrown around a fair amount of times, I don't think it's very likely that will be their grab though since Kazooie is already in Banjo's backpack. That'd be really crowded. lol

I think the wrench is a lot more likely, but I'm in the camp that wants as few Nuts & Bolts references as possible.

Personally, what I think would be best is just a simple grab from Banjo, with the pummel being Kazooie pecking.
But I was wrong about Talon Trot being their dash too, so what do I know?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've heard the Taxi Pack idea thrown around a fair amount of times, I don't think it's very likely that will be their grab though since Kazooie is already in Banjo's backpack. That'd be really crowded. lol

I think the wrench is a lot more likely, but I'm in the camp that wants as few Nuts & Bolts references as possible.

Personally, what I think would be best is just a simple grab from Banjo, with the pummel being Kazooie pecking.
But I was wrong about Talon Trot being their dash too, so what do I know?
I'd much prefer the Taxi Pack throw to the N&B magnet thingy, though. And I feel like a simple grab is too simple--likely, but I'd prefer something more interesting. As for it being crowded...

...pack. It's safe to assume the backpack is hammerspace. Plus, Kazooie pecking the fighter in the backpack is how they get damaged. :chuckle:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
I know that presumably tons of stuff is carried inside their backpack, and even Kazooie herself shouldn't physically be able to fit in there but Taxi Pack and Snooze Pack were only used when Kazooie was out of there.
I'm not really against it, it would just be a little strange to see as their grab IMO.

Oh, one more thing about the simple Banjo grab and Kazooie pummel thing: I thought it would be cool if that allowed them to have the fastest pummel since there's nothing hindering Kazooie from pecking the crap out of the opponent. (I suppose that could be the case no matter which grab is used though)

[Edit] Wait a second... if the eggs get put inside the backpack, then how does Kazooie fire any when she and Banjo split up?

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm assuming banjo will have a standard grab, while kazooie pecks them over his shoulder as a pummel. I'm more interested in what the rest of their aerials are, since we only know one.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Started my second playthrough of Odyssey.... I neeeed a 3D Platformer with either/both of these guys with that type of smooth movement and this artstyle

Holy **** I've never seen that Banjo-Kazooie image before. That almost farther proves that the Banjo-Kazooie characters are all part of the DK/Mario universe.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I know that presumably tons of stuff is carried inside their backpack, and even Kazooie herself shouldn't physically be able to fit in there but Taxi Pack and Snooze Pack were only used when Kazooie was out of there.
I'm not really against it, it would just be a little strange to see as their grab IMO.

Oh, one more thing about the simple Banjo grab and Kazooie pummel thing: I thought it would be cool if that allowed them to have the fastest pummel since there's nothing hindering Kazooie from pecking the crap out of the opponent. (I suppose that could be the case no matter which grab is used though)

[Edit] Wait a second... if the eggs get put inside the backpack, then how does Kazooie fire any when she and Banjo split up?
Kazooie's relatively fine with using the eggs in the backpack--loading and shooting (tho, if it's from behind that's a pain in the ass). But when they're separated, there's only one place all those eggs can go. :scared:

User was warned for this post
And Stevetrolls probably took it to mean Steve (their version, Grotesque Steve) was joining. :) Nintendo shut them up for good at E3 though.
Not referring to any particular characters/fanbases, but in general it's great how so many detractors have been proven wrong. Don't get me wrong, the sheer joy of one of your most wanted characters getting in is amazing and overrides pretty much everything else.

Seeing people get all pretentious and passive aggressive about bear and bird's inclusion is oh so glorious. Squirm and throw their toys out of the pram, (*snivel, hic* where is my new flavour of the month character!?! Don't want this dead mascot, wahhh) lets say it is a nice cherry on the cake. It really is too much of a euphoric and epic feeling, but not going to lie, it is a bit naughty and you look at the detractors with a bit of pity. All in all, part and parcel of the journey and no doubt as Banjo-Kazooie/Classic Rare fans we've waited and dare i say it, suffered for a while.

To the victor go the spoils...

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Not referring to any particular characters/fanbases, but in general it's great how so many detractors have been proven wrong. Don't get me wrong, the sheer joy of one of your most wanted characters getting in is amazing and overrides pretty much everything else.

Too good not to share again:

View attachment 235759

View attachment 235757

View attachment 235758

I'm sure there are more out there and it would be great to see other examples.

Seeing people get all pretentious and passive aggressive about bear and bird's inclusion is oh so glorious. Squirm and throw their toys out of the pram, (*snivel, hic* where is my new flavour of the month character!?! Don't want this dead mascot, wahhh) lets say it is a nice cherry on the cake. It really is too much of a euphoric and epic feeling, but not going to lie, it is a bit naughty and you look at the detractors with a bit of pity. All in all, part and parcel of the journey and no doubt as Banjo-Kazooie/Classic Rare fans we've waited and dare i say it, suffered for a while.

To the victor go the spoils...
The thing that kills me are the people who make such certain bold ironclad claims about how definite a character is or isn't to such obnoxious and rude levels, even to the point of making challenges or bets concerning the outcome. None of us work on the game or with Sakurai, so none of us know who will actually be added. But then you still get people who are so sure of a character but also look down and criticise other fanbases about how their character will never hapoen all based on flimsy and debunked fan rules.

Being hopeful declarative is one thing ('I'm pretty sure Banjo will make it' or 'Banjo will be character 73'). But being excessively rude and arrogant for a claim that they have no power over is bizarre and dumb. Basically, how can 'you' (general you) be so arrogant when you are at the whim of someone else, acting like you know what will happen when instead that power to decide was never in your hands in the first place? Its one thing to have an ego in a situation that you can impact, but makes no sense in a situation that you are 100% separated from.

Also, its SmashFAQS. There are users there that strive to look foolish and beg to eat crow.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
User was warned for this post
Seeing people get all pretentious and passive aggressive about bear and bird's inclusion is oh so glorious. Squirm and throw their toys out of the pram,
I like that word to describe those Banjo haters. It makes them look like they're worms, wriggling in their own filthy tears. :^)

Top Bottom