• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I had some art I made accepted on Rare's fan shop. Couldn't be more excited about it! :kirby:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

Interesting theory in the last PapaGenos vid about the BlastCorp and Jet Force Gemini spirits coming to Smash when Rare Replay drops

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Literally one Jiggy left in Grunty Industries, then off to HAG-1 and it's a wrap for my 100% run of Tooie.

... in fact, I just realized I didn't make posts for Hailfire Peaks or Cloud Cuckooland. Should I? Or does it just clog the thread?

Hoping for a Direct in September to make the wait a little bit better.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Interesting theory in the last PapaGenos vid about the BlastCorp and Jet Force Gemini spirits coming to Smash when Rare Replay drops
I haven't seen the video yet, but that actually sounds like a good idea. Banjo-Kazooie spirits when Banjo is out, Rare spirits when Rare Replay is out. I say good idea, because I don't think it's likely, but it makes sense and I think that's something they should do.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Literally one Jiggy left in Grunty Industries, then off to HAG-1 and it's a wrap for my 100% run of Tooie.

... in fact, I just realized I didn't make posts for Hailfire Peaks or Cloud Cuckooland. Should I? Or does it just clog the thread?
You might as well make them for the people who want to read them. Anyone else can just... keep on scrolling? But no-one really has a limb to stand on if they want to chew you out for discussing Banjo Kazooie in the Banjo Kazooie social thread lmao.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't know about that one. If Persona 5 gets any game save-related spirits at all, it would be when Phantom Strikers drops, so it's not really the most reliable of theories. I still think the Blast Corps and JFG ones will come by default.

If we do, I think it's going to be in the first half of September. If I remember correctly, Nintendo usually doesn't do general Directs in the second half of a month.
I heard that Directs have usually followed Nindies by two weeks later. Last September's Direct delay being the exception. So we may get one even earlier in the first half.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't know about that one. If Persona 5 gets any game save-related spirits at all, it would be when Phantom Strikers drops, so it's not really the most reliable of theories. I still think the Blast Corps and JFG ones will come by default.

I heard that Directs have usually followed Nindies by two weeks later. Last September's Direct delay being the exception. So we may get one even earlier in the first half.
The Direct won't be on a Friday, will it?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Question: does it say if that new Spirit will be made available normally like they eventually did with Partner Pikachu and Partner Eevee? Or will the only way to acquire it be playing at least the Dragon Quest 11 Demo?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Question: does it say if that new Spirit will be made available normally like they eventually did with Partner Pikachu and Partner Eevee? Or will the only way to acquire it be playing at least the Dragon Quest 11 Demo?
That was something I was wondering. Just to be sure, I did download the demo since the Tockles spirit would be the only Spirit left to collect before Banjo & Kazooie come out with their own Spirits since I collected all of them last week! I actually had a bit of fun playing 11, even if it's not the kind of game I'm drawn to, so if you want an extra spirit and playing around with the demo, its pretty neat.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Is there a consensus on the Grant Kirkhope tweet about "inevitability"? Do people think Banjo Threeie could be in the works, or is that too much of a stretch?

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
That was something I was wondering. Just to be sure, I did download the demo since the Tockles spirit would be the only Spirit left to collect before Banjo & Kazooie come out with their own Spirits since I collected all of them last week! I actually had a bit of fun playing 11, even if it's not the kind of game I'm drawn to, so if you want an extra spirit and playing around with the demo, its pretty neat.
DQ has kind of been on my play list for awhile, I've just never gotten around to playing a game. I'll probably be getting 11 anyway, so the spirit is just a bonus for me.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Is there a consensus on the Grant Kirkhope tweet about "inevitability"? Do people think Banjo Threeie could be in the works, or is that too much of a stretch?
I don't think there's a consensus, though I think perhaps it was just a fun reference to The Matrix--there is no obvious connection to Banjo-Kazooie other than everything Grant says being construed as being about Banjo-Kazooie. :rotfl:

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
A new rumor is up about Echo Fighters getting "Kenified" in Banjo's update. Says they're getting huge move changes like Daisy losing her ability to float and gets a higher mid air jump, Dark Samus getting two new Specials to replace her side and down ones and Ken...not being changed at all! I don't believe this rumor at all, anyone else believe it?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
A new rumor is up about Echo Fighters getting "Kenified" in Banjo's update. Says they're getting huge move changes like Daisy losing her ability to float and gets a higher mid air jump, Dark Samus getting two new Specials to replace her side and down ones and Ken...not being changed at all! I don't believe this rumor at all, anyone else believe it?
Hmm...I dunno. Sure, there have been cases in fighting games where brand new moves were added to characters (I remember NetherRealm adding a sunlight buff move to Kotal Kahn's moveset in MKX), but that doesn't seem that believable to me in this case. Ken not being changed I can understand, but Alph being outright promoted into an Echo Fighter? That's a little weird. Also, Lucina getting Chrom/Ike's Up-B is a little fishy. I'm a little iffy about this one.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh, probably a fake. They were grasping at straws before, but updating movesets? Before the next game? Really? That's scraping the bottom of the barrel for getting e-peen this time.

Next they're going to say that every AT gets upgraded, even the giant floating heads.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
It's fake. They're not going to drastically change a fighter's mechanics this deep into the meta. Sakurai and the team have more important things to worry about... like Dragon Kazooie.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
It took 17 years for ganon to finally use his sword. Now they're updating movesets mid-game? Pass.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I can say this one is surely not true. My guess is Sakurai essentially renamed last minute clones echoes so that people wouldn't complain as much of characters taking a "spot". He created them for a reason, and would likely not change anybody unless they need to for balancing purposes.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Ganondorf wasn't on the list. Just the ones who were true Echos.
Im aware. I mentioned ganon as an example of sakurai keeping movesets relatively unchanged for future iterations. If it took so long for ganon to use a sword, then it would be silly to think they'll just nonchalantly update echo fighters in a patch.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I've been wondering, on the topic of a sought for, mythical (for now) Banjo-Threeie, what was the status of that game anyway. Pages back someone mentioned that Greg Mayles reportedly said there's no ideas left for the series, but we know at one point that a Threeie was in development, as there is a teaser trailer for it on the internet that teased it was once being worked on. Does that mean they did have an idea for the series direction? Did it fall apart (and eventually become Nuts & Bolts...) when the creativity stream went dry? Do we have any info on what happened from Banjo-Threeie is happening, to no ideas left for the series?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've been wondering, on the topic of a sought for, mythical (for now) Banjo-Threeie, what was the status of that game anyway. Pages back someone mentioned that Greg Mayles reportedly said there's no ideas left for the series, but we know at one point that a Threeie was in development, as there is a teaser trailer for it on the internet that teased it was once being worked on. Does that mean they did have an idea for the series direction? Did it fall apart (and eventually become Nuts & Bolts...) when the creativity stream went dry? Do we have any info on what happened from Banjo-Threeie is happening, to no ideas left for the series?
As far as I know, Nuts & Bolts began as a remake of Banjo-Kazooie, but with differences that kept building up until it became a completely new game. When they realized the amount of work they'd need they'd be able to make a new game, they decided to do that. However, when designing the worlds they found them to be growing too big for Banjo & Kazooie to walk through, so they came up with the car mechanic. And then they really loved the idea and decided to make the game all about that.

And I don't blame them for trying something new--just wish they treated it as it was, a spin off, rather than a replacement for an actual Threeie.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Nintendo has maintenance tomorrow! On Network Services, etc. This could be for the eShop too!
So? Just because they're doing maintenance doesn't automatically mean anything. It could just be that they're performing regular maintenance; you gotta do that to make sure everything's running smoothly.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Yes, we do have info. In a 4chan post by a Rare developer (with photographic evidence to boot), the beans were spilled about the plans for Banjo-Threeie. I've shared it around here a few times already, lemme find the link...

Link: https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1336805-banjo-kazooie

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Yeesh. The Ballmer era of Microsoft was...Yeah, lemme just say I’m glad Spencer’s better.
Yeah, this Ballmer person probably wouldn't cross play with Switch or give us Banjo back without demanding loads of money and possibly force Banjo & Kazooie to be more centered on their Nuts & Bolts selves for Smash!

A real sliding doors moment re: Banjo Threeie and if that is true and that came to fruition, oh what could've been! Safe to assume that the landscape would've changed massively in regards to the franchise and their Smash representation had this been completed and released back in the day.

If true, I can sort of see why these blinkered executives in their ivory towers thought against B3 in its earliest form but it still doesn't excuse their lack of empathy and care. Does happen in the corporate world. Multiplayer shooters like COD, Halo, etc were arguably at their peak in the mid to late 00's. COD Modern Warfare 2 in particular was a juggernaut. The success of and response to DKC:Tropical Freeze, Super Mario Odyssey, etc among others shows there is a market for high quality platformers in this day and age. Hopefully the Smash appearance leads to a genuine revival for bear and bird.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Oh my god people, are you all actually falling for that obviously fake 4chan fanfiction? lmao

This is the real story of Nuts & Bolt's development. There was no Microsoft meddling like what some Rare/Banjo fanboys like to believe. The decision to turn it into a vehicular based game was entirely on Rare/Gregg themselves. They just simply didn't want to make another traditional Banjo game. That is all.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can't even tell if this is a Rashomon situation anymore.

Well, whatever happened, happened, Rare still wound up making potboilers for a worthless motion capture device, things still got boring enough there that some key devs left, and the company still lost its soul finally making a dream pirate game that's so boring that Port Royal in KHIII wound up being a much more fun pirate simulator than SoT.

I hope there are some devs out there that get to take a crack at the bear and bird. Someday...

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Casually this Japanese had predicted the move list almost correct and it's not over, i was convinced that there will be moves Tooie me too!

https://mobile.twitter.com/aikawazinnao/status/1032563399840808960

Afterwards for the B down it can very well passed A down.

And if for the base is flying B down on the ground and rodeo jumping with Kazooie when you're in the air?
It can be a possibility too.
I like the animations, But many of the movesets that have been discussed here before have been pretty much on the same level of accuracy.

One of the main reasons Banjo-Kazooie were so perfect for Super Smash Bros is because their wide moveset potential was practically built for this game, The button inputs are so obvious for their moves that any Banjo-Kazooie fan can make it such as Bregull Bash as their Forward Smash, B Special firing eggs and reverse rat-a-tat rap for back air as an example.

I get kind of annoyed when people decide to go with Beak Barge as the Down Smash, Why would you choose a Down Smash that only hits one direction? Mewtwo is the only one that I'm aware of that does that. Pack Whack is the most obvious choice as Down Smash seeing as it is a 360 degree spin attack, Even Kazooie's Wing Whack Spin can work as a 2nd choice and maybe even as Neutral Air.

Last edited:
Top Bottom