• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yeah there's a good chance we'll see it in the Indies Direct. I personally hope we get something else that's really big shadow dropped by Microsoft tomorrow.
Nintendo: 'Well, that's all from our presentation. But you all knew that since everything was leaked. So screw you, here's Banjo-Kazooie for Smash available now.'

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know what would be a great idea? A Banjo-Kazooie children's storybook.
It would have to begin like this.

"The cats nestle close to their kittens. The lambs have laid down with the sheep. You're cozy and warm in your bed, my dear. Please go the-oops! Wrong book!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Anyone else compete in the Online August Open Tournament?

I made it into the "Top 32 (Ranked 21)" as King K. Rool, But was having problems getting into the 2nd round via registering and this was my 1st time doing this, So unfortunately I was a no show which was frustrating, Had fun, But I was running out of gas at the end just to keep my ranking above top 32.

Finished 14-4.
I played as Ridley and went undefeated, but I started to feel sick midway through, didn't have it in me/have the time to participate in my region's bracket phase/2nd round.

I can say from having competed in previous online tourneys (the ones with items/time match format) that this one felt much better in terms of how it was ran. The ladder format/them taking feedback for the rules specifically felt like a completely different experience. It was definitely tiring given how early it was (check in was 8 AM for me), but they kinda have to do that if they want to finish all the brackets in one day.

If they have any others for this year, I hope we'll be able to enter and go Banjo & Kazooie.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I played as Ridley and went undefeated, but I started to feel sick midway through, didn't have it in me/have the time to participate in my region's bracket phase/2nd round.

I can say from having competed in previous online tourneys (the ones with items/time match format) that this one felt much better in terms of how it was ran. The ladder format/them taking feedback for the rules specifically felt like a completely different experience. It was definitely tiring given how early it was (check in was 8 AM for me), but they kinda have to do that if they want to finish all the brackets in one day.

If they have any others for this year, I hope we'll be able to enter and go Banjo & Kazooie.
Despite running on little sleep because of work, I felt like I did very well, Especially for using someone that is considered bottom tier in King K. Rool who is my probably main alongside Donkey Kong.

I was running out of gas towards the end ,But made it in at (Rank 21), Was waiting for an alert or notification for the bracket round ,but I was getting nothing and even checked my email and spam folder for anything and still nothing, I ended up taking a nap for an like an hour or 2 and checked my email and finally got something and a password to enter, But the tournament I assume was already over, So it seems like I got it late or something and it is kind of frustrating that I didn't get to compete in the top 32, I wish that in the battlefy website they just notified me or sent me a message there instead, But oh well.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
So, who would be a Sony-owned character that fans want for Smash? It had me thinking with Banjo being Microsoft and I wrongly thought Crash was his Sony equilvant.
While Crash isn't technically a Sony character anymore... youre not wrong. When Crash was at its peak popularity, it was a Sony icon (like BK and N64/Nintendo).

I really do believe that Crash is gonna be the final character on the fighter's pass. Make no mistake about it: Crash's representation in Smash would have so much to do with his Sony legacy.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, new update from Krazy:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

For those who have heat concerns, according to the comment chain, there will be a cooling fan inside the suit.
  • Suit
  • Cooling fans inside the suit
  • Litera months to get done, if I'm not mistaken from his posts
  • Skydiving lessons/booking
... You know, I think I'm fine with just paying those 5,99 dollars for Banjo in-game, thank you.

I do admire his dedication though. Let it be known that Krazy doesn't play around.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
While Crash isn't technically a Sony character anymore... youre not wrong. When Crash was at its peak popularity, it was a Sony icon (like BK and N64/Nintendo).

I really do believe that Crash is gonna be the final character on the fighter's pass. Make no mistake about it: Crash's representation in Smash would have so much to do with his Sony legacy.

I was so against Crash Bandicoot getting into Smash... until Banjo & Kazooie showed up that is. And you're right, for a time, Crash and even Spyro were the faces of Sony and Playstation. Now I'm imagining a match between Mario (Nintendo), Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega), Mega Man (Capcom), Pac-Man (Bandai-Namco), Crash Bandicoot (Activision/Sony), and Banjo & Kazooie (Rare/Microsoft) and imagining all six of those iconic cartoony and colorful platforming mascots on the same Battlefield representing their companies and gaming history as playable characters would be absolutely INCREDIBLE. I definitely want at least one more cartoony mascot in the Fighters Pass since Joker and Hero are catering more to Japan's audiences, and I think Banjo-Kazooie and Crash Bandicoot would be a good juxtaposition of styles for the Fighter's Pass as a whole.

Also, it's still taking me so long to grasp the fact that future fan art of the entire playable roster of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and future merchandise such as shirts and posters and what not will actually officially have Banjo & Kazooie featured among the roster at long last.

I can't believe how crazy this past few months have been and that we're getting ever closer to the beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies being playable at long last! I'm so excited to not only see their page finally be unlocked and them be playable, but to also see who the last two characters in the Fighter Pass will be! The next Nintendo Direct can't come soon enough.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im surprised Shonen Jump Vs Capcom isn't still a thing.
Yeah and I'll never understand why it isn't a thing, but I feel like a Shonen Jump VS. Capcom would likely become a thing because well... every game you see in the market nowadays are now becoming MUGEN at this point (whether it'd be Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, the TEKKEN 7 DLC, and of course Smash Ultimate)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah and I'll never understand why it isn't a thing, but I feel like a Shonen Jump VS. Capcom would likely become a thing because well... every game you see in the market nowadays are now becoming MUGEN at this point (whether it'd be Blazblue Cross Tag Battle, the TEKKEN 7 DLC, and of course Smash Ultimate)
What we really need is a official MUGEN type game that's basically is...

Rap Battle Announcer: Nintendo VS Sega VS Capcom VS Namco-Bandai VS Square-Enix VS Konami VS Microsoft VS Sony VS Marvel VS DC VS Shonen Jump. BEGIN!!!

Edit: VR Plant was right.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

"Our friends at Microsoft" intensifies.
The developers of Ori could make a pretty good Banjo game I reckon. Rare started on DK country which is very similar to Ori. Just get some of the old developers to help out with the 3d element and dialogue and a pretty damn good Banjo game could be made.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
It's been over 2 months and I still can't believe it. After all these years, Banjo and Kazooie are finally back home. The characters that should have been in since the original back in 1999 finally made it in after 2 decades of being "impossible". I still watch the trailer every day. I just can't wait until they release!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
  • Suit
  • Cooling fans inside the suit
  • Litera months to get done, if I'm not mistaken from his posts
  • Skydiving lessons/booking
... You know, I think I'm fine with just paying those 5,99 dollars for Banjo in-game, thank you.

I do admire his dedication though. Let it be known that Krazy doesn't play around.
You could say, he's pretty Krazy.

That's some dedication, though.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I really hope he makes it in, Now that Banjo-Kazooie made it in Crash Bandicoot is my "Most Wanted 3rd Party Character"

Some people don't like to hear the word "Deserve or Earned" when it comes to roster spots in Super Smash Bros, But I honestly believe some characters just "Need" to happen just like Banjo-Kazooie and King K. Rool and Ridley which were all a long time coming and some characters that don't really feel "Necessary" to make it in the game.

Crash Bandicoot definitely should be in Super Smash Bros and it's been said countless times, He was the defacto mascot for Sony's PlayStation, Rival to Mario and Sonic, iconic and successful franchise that also was popular in Japan, He pretty much checks off every box needed to be in the game and truly feels like really one of the last big gaming icons that hasn't made it in.

I really hope he some how makes it into those last 2 remaining DLC spots, Mario vs Sonic vs Crash needs to happen.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Guys... imagine if Rare, with Microsoft's good grace, got the green light to make a new Banjo-Kazooie game (for both the Switch and XBox One)... but it's 2D? And I don't mean 3D character models and levels with a 2D perspective, but a FULL 2D experience? :seuss:

"GU-HUH" intensifies

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Oookay. Lemme explain why I asked:

https://boards.4channel.org/v//thread/474556395/new-information-for-smash-ultimate

As you can see, this post was made about an hour after... er, the "Impact leaker who we totally have never seen before".

Thing is... that account barely had anyone following it before Sabi's retweets. So it would be weird if this was just copypasted from an account that (as far as we knew at the time) is just a random person.

I normally take these things with a huge grain of salt (and I still am taking this one like that), but it certainly is weird. The exact release date being there caught my eye.

Luckily, this rumor has an expiration date (September 24th), so we just need to wait a month to see if it sinks or swims.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Guys... imagine if Rare, with Microsoft's good grace, got the green light to make a new Banjo-Kazooie game (for both the Switch and XBox One)... but it's 2D? And I don't mean 3D character models and levels with a 2D perspective, but a FULL 2D experience? :seuss:

"GU-HUH" intensifies
I'd like that. As long as it's not a sssssssstupid game made by Klungo. Totototo0507 drew a 2-D sprite of our friends once.

D8y4-oQWkAEggKX.png

https://boards.4channel.org/v//thread/474556395/new-information-for-smash-ultimate

As you can see, this post was made about an hour after... er, the "Impact leaker who we totally have never seen before".

Thing is... that account barely had anyone following it before Sabi's retweets. So it would be weird if this was just copypasted from an account that (as far as we knew at the time) is just a random person.

I normally take these things with a huge grain of salt (and I still am taking this one like that), but it certainly is weird. The exact release date being there caught my eye.

Luckily, this rumor has an expiration date (September 24th), so we just need to wait a month to see if it sinks or swims.
Hmm, fair enough. However, everyone and their mother brings up Doom Slayer, so I can't say I'll trust it right off the bat...

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
Did a bit more looking and found out Banjo & Kazooie's thumbnail was in fact active on the site shortly after E3 but was hidden quickly;
1566252530944.png
https://web.archive.org/web/20190611170454/https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/01.html
You can interact with/click their thumbnail, but instead of bringing you to their fighter profile it redirects you to a blank page, the URL ending with "/false.html" where Banjo's fighter number should be, before sending you back to Language Options. The next capture from the same day (2 hours later) is missing their thumbnail.
Even though it might not be an indication of their release date after all it's still a neat visual window into the near future. I'll keep on searching for new content and report back if I find anything else I think could possibly be of use, first checking stuff like this to make sure of it's validity.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Did a bit more looking and found out Banjo & Kazooie's thumbnail was in fact active on the site shortly after E3 but was hidden quickly;
View attachment 235133
https://web.archive.org/web/20190611170454/https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/01.html
You can interact with/click their thumbnail, but instead of bringing you to their fighter profile it redirects you to a blank page, the URL ending with "/false.html" where Banjo's fighter number should be, before sending you back to Language Options. The next capture from the same day (2 hours later) is missing their thumbnail.
Even though it might not be an indication of their release date after all it's still a neat visual window into the near future. I'll keep on searching for new content and report back if I find anything else I think could possibly be of use, first checking stuff like this to make sure of it's validity.
They're probably hiding the page in order to avoid spoiling that Banjo-Kazooie are playable in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Despite not being familiar with Banjo Kazooie (played a few tidbit on the original for the N64 though) why not predict Banjo characters as spirits?
Tooty: :ultvillagerf:
Gruntilda::ultrobinf:
Jinjo: :ultfalco: (x6)
Mumbo Jumbo: :ultmetaknight:
Bottles: :ultmorton:
Boggy::ultbanjokazooie:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

> Steve and Alex will come with Ver. 5.0

OH MY GOSH YE-

> outfit

welp back to waiting for Banjo.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I'm kind of surprised they haven't been put up on the site yet. I really hope the wait isn't TOO long. It'd suck to get them any later than october...

Do you guys have any guesses as to when they'll release?

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I'm kind of surprised they haven't been put up on the site yet. I really hope the wait isn't TOO long. It'd suck to get them any later than october...

Do you guys have any guesses as to when they'll release?
If the amiibo pattern continues like with Joker and Hero where they were released 4 days after an amiibo line up we could see them on September 24th.
Thats why so many "leaks" keep guessing this date too.
I'd love if it was true so I could play :ultbanjokazooie: at Big House.
amiibo.png

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, while waiting for Banjo & Kazooie to be released, I've been re-listening to the preview for the Spiral Mountain remix, and man, that song really is to the duo what the Gang-Plank Galleon remix was to King K. Rool: an epic remix of a classic theme to herald the triumphant return of their respective characters!

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
So, while waiting for Banjo & Kazooie to be released, I've been re-listening to the preview for the Spiral Mountain remix, and man, that song really is to the duo what the Gang-Plank Galleon remix was to King K. Rool: an epic remix of a classic theme to herald the triumphant return of their respective characters!
It really is a great remix.

I'm hoping they get a few more remixes though. The way Grant Kirkhope talked about the song made it sound like its the only one he did for Smash. If he didn't do any more, I hope they at least let some other composers take a crack at some songs.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I'm hoping they get a few more remixes though. The way Grant Kirkhope talked about the song made it sound like its the only one he did for Smash. If he didn't do any more, I hope they at least let some other composers take a crack at some songs.
It seems likely enough, if there are fans onboard. Lucky for us BK doesn't have licensing problems or composer paywalls, so in theory it should be less of a problem here.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

If Crash does get in, I'm certain it has little to do with his legacy with Sony, and more his iconic legacy and renewed interest. Sakurai doesn't really think about the console wars, and if anything, those commercials may serve to make Nintendo hesitant. Of course, I want the character in not only because of playing him in my childhood, but also because it would be amazing to get Sony's former mascot in playing with Sonic, Cloud, Snake, Joker and Banjo & Kazooie. It's surreal. But I don't think that would be the consideration for Sakurai.

It's the only re-mix he did for Smash, but he kind of implied the Smash team would be doing other re-mixes. I'm happy with that--Grant being asked at all is a monumental first. Now I'm curious how the Smash team interprets his music.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Don't worry; I'm fairly certain that Grant said that there would be more remixes than just the one; it's just that "Spiral Mountain" is the only one that he himself worked on.

Personally, the only other remix I want is one for the original game's final boss theme; that would be EPIC!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Don't worry; I'm fairly certain that Grant said that there would be more remixes than just the one; it's just that "Spiral Mountain" is the only one that he himself worked on.

Personally, the only other remix I want is one for the original game's final boss theme; that would be EPIC!
I hope some songs like Final Battle, if they get a re-mix, that they have the original version too. Some are so epic that fit perfectly as is in Smash. One of the more disappointing parts of some series' music is that sometimes the original is better, and I would have preferred that (e.g., "Bloody Tears" is the one that comes directly to mind).

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Speaking of Blazblue, following the trend of fighting game cross-overs becoming increasingly crazier and previously tohught impossible to accomplish, I wonder when we'll see the day that an anime fighter adds a western animation character to the game and everybody loses their mind. Imagine Blazblue or a similar game having Aang from Avatar: The Last Airbender as a DLC, or OK KO, or Steven Universe, or something equally crazy but also perfectly fitting.

*EDIT* Ay yo I remembered I'm actually dumb and forgot that Blazblue did that with RWBY characters. Still though, since the door is open, it'd be cool to see them show some love to even more western animations that were clearly inspired by anime, seeing the love between two animated worlds coming full circle. Please I just want Aang in a beautiful anime fighter.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Crash does get in, I'm certain it has little to do with his legacy with Sony, and more his iconic legacy and renewed interest. Sakurai doesn't really think about the console wars, and if anything, those commercials may serve to make Nintendo hesitant. Of course, I want the character in not only because of playing him in my childhood, but also because it would be amazing to get Sony's former mascot in playing with Sonic, Cloud, Snake, Joker and Banjo & Kazooie. It's surreal. But I don't think that would be the consideration for Sakurai.
Reminder that Sega also used to mock Nintendo in their commercials. :ultsonic:

Besides, Crash went multi-platform eons ago before the days of NST, so some silly commercials would not even remotely come to mind. Especially not on the Japanese side of things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom