• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Twitch's live tracker of how many's watching which game on the site. SGDQ (Summer Games Done Quick) streamed a Banjo-Kazooie speedrun at the time, that's why 133K people watched the game.
Ah so I guess once they get to another game, it'll return to gaining a few views. Oh well...

I'm not too familiar with Twitch so I could be wrong.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's an interesting article; a Westerner even helped with the Smash design!

https://nintendoeverything.com/rare...imate-paul-cunningham-helped-with-the-design/

Now that banjo kazooie is in smash now we have a constant reminder of the biggest tragedy in video game history - Microsoft bought rare :(
I wouldn't go that far. At least Microsoft occasionally acknowledges Rare stuff in a lip service manner; Konami swept the near-entirety of the Hudson Soft catalog under the rug after absorbing and dissolving the company. It's a wonder that they decided to put Star Soldier on the Switch, really.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'm trying to think of which moves will take which part of Banjo's moveset right now.

Instead of talking about the moves we've already seen in his moveset, let's talk about the moves we haven't so far.
* Bill Drill: Maybe this would be a Down-throw that buries? (Trembles in K. Rool)
* Beak Buster: This obviously looks like a Down-air, I mean just look at it.
* Forward Roll: Without a doubt, this is a Dash attack.
* Pack Whack: Initially I thought this would be a Down-throw, but then I realized that it could work as a F-throw.
* Talon Torpedo: Yeah, this is normally used in the underwater portions of the game, but I can actually see this as a decent F-air since Rat-a-Tat Rap is technically a B-air.
* Snooze Pack: I feel like this could be a unique shield, similarly to Yoshi's. This wouldn't have as much durability as normal shields, but can slowly heal Banjo and Kazooie over time.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Now that banjo kazooie is in smash now we have a constant reminder of the biggest tragedy in video game history - Microsoft bought rare :(
I mean if we were in "Don Mattrick era" Microsoft, I'd agree but Phil Spencer makes that fact a lot more comfortable.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
I'm trying to think of which moves will take which part of Banjo's moveset right now.

Instead of talking about the moves we've already seen in his moveset, let's talk about the moves we haven't so far.
* Bill Drill: Maybe this would be a Down-throw that buries? (Trembles in K. Rool)
* Beak Buster: This obviously looks like a Down-air, I mean just look at it.
* Forward Roll: Without a doubt, this is a Dash attack.
* Pack Whack: Initially I thought this would be a Down-throw, but then I realized that it could work as a F-throw.
* Talon Torpedo: Yeah, this is normally used in the underwater portions of the game, but I can actually see this as a decent F-air since Rat-a-Tat Rap is technically a B-air.
* Snooze Pack: I feel like this could be a unique shield, similarly to Yoshi's. This wouldn't have as much durability as normal shields, but can slowly heal Banjo and Kazooie over time.
It's entirely possible that Beak Buster could be a down smash, or even Bill Drill. It could work just like K Rool or Ridley's down smash. Still I can't think of a better move for their d-air besides those two.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Beak Buster has gotta be Down Air and Bill Drill can also be a modified version of Down Air.

Beak Buster: Tap Down Air and it's your traditional spike.

Bill Drill: Hold Down Air and it takes a second to wind up, But it's stronger and is a multi-hit attack, It can also work really well as a Down throw too.

Pack Whack makes the most sense and fits perfectly for Down Smash in my opinion.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This has probably been Banjo & Kazooie's best anniversary in years.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yo Guys, i got Banjo Tooie from the mail finally and i am playing right now, but i need help finding jamjars and i'm scared to save the game, can you guys please tell me how to find jamjars and if the save and quit option is safe without spoiling anything, please?

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Question for Banjo-Kazooie fans; looking at the success of Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled; would you want Microsoft to give a crack at making their own Kart racer?

I know they have Forza but, would it be something you'd want? If you'd want Banjo & Kazooie to have a Kart racer; what characters, items, tracks etc. would you like to see?
I just want Diddy Kong Racing 2, Or at least a very competent spiritual successor to it.

I don't know about you, but every time I see banjo in Smash, my mind will be too busy thinking about How happy I am that banjos final appearance so far is in an actually good video game, using his classic design, instead of that garbage fire that was nuts and bolts. Or Sega and Sonic All-Stars, whatever. Still a car driving game. Still an ugly design.

As I've said before, I'll be happy if this is banjos last appearance, but if there is a new game, or remasters on the way, my gut feeling is that it will receive a switch porch. Microsoft has been porting many of their game for the switch lately, Why would banjo be the one thing that they don't port.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Yo Guys, i got Banjo Tooie from the mail finally and i am playing right now, but i need help finding jamjars and i'm scared to save the game, can you guys please tell me how to find jamjars and if the save and quit option is safe without spoiling anything, please?
Jamjars is in the first world Mayahem Temple! He's literally on the straight path leading up to Mumbo's Skull and he'll call over to you. And no you can save the game at any time without losing your progress in terms of collecting stuff, although you will end up either back at Spiral Mountain or the entrance to Jinjo Village depending on where you're at in the game. Sadly that's how it works, but if you opened up one of Jamjar's silos, you can get where you want to pretty easily since his silo is right at the entrance to Jinjo Village around the little cul-de-sac of Jinjo Houses in front of you! Have fun and hope that helps ^^ Literally one of my all time favorite games and so glad to see you trying it out after they got announced, and on their 21st anniversary no less!

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Thing I'm nervous about Banjo is I really hope they don't have a down air that drops them down super quick like a link or ridley down air. Always hate those moves.

Anyways, finally made it to Jolly Roger Lagoon and I love the little pawn shop where you buy the jiggy, top quality stuff

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Jamjars is in the first world Mayahem Temple! He's literally on the straight path leading up to Mumbo's Skull and he'll call over to you. And no you can save the game at any time without losing your progress in terms of collecting stuff, although you will end up either back at Spiral Mountain or the entrance to Jinjo Village depending on where you're at in the game. Sadly that's how it works, but if you opened up one of Jamjar's silos, you can get where you want to pretty easily since his silo is right at the entrance to Jinjo Village around the little cul-de-sac of Jinjo Houses in front of you! Have fun and hope that helps ^^ Literally one of my all time favorite games and so glad to see you trying it out after they got announced, and on their 21st anniversary no less!
Thanks for the help, and ya i am aware of the silos i just stopped after Jinjo Village.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think for their moves, I'd like to see Bill Drill somehow, whether it be the down air or something else. A lot of people talk about the Nuts & Bolts grab for their grab/throw, but I much prefer using the pack, like a variant on Taxi Pack--I like the idea of quickly stuffing someone in the backpack, spinning them and throwing them.

Also, I forgot to mention, but I watched the Banjo-Kazooie race for SGDQ when it was streaming and it's up now, and it was really awesome. I really like these runners (nice change of pace), and the runners and couch commentators were very helpful, informative, and funny, without any of the cringe I usually expect.

Funny, only two mentions of Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, one by a donation saying raring to go, and at the end with the Jinjonator.

Last edited:
Thing I'm nervous about Banjo is I really hope they don't have a down air that drops them down super quick like a link or ridley down air. Always hate those moves.

Anyways, finally made it to Jolly Roger Lagoon and I love the little pawn shop where you buy the jiggy, top quality stuff
To be honest I don’t really know what else they would do for his down air. They should at least make it like Greninja’s, where you bounce after you hit someone

ze9

Smash Ace
I don't really want the beak buster to be Banjo's dair, either. Don't like those moves at all.
I play a lot of Ridley so I got kinda used to it, but I don't like how committing and rigid those moves are. Also, when yuo're off-stage you're affectively robbed of one part of your skillset. Not a fan at all.
That said, yeah. It's very fitting for Banjo. I hope they somehow rework the move in a way that it looks mostly the same but it doesn't make them fall down,

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
It's been over 2 weeks and I still struggle to accept this is real. I just can't believe after nearly 20 years disappointment and being let down that the characters from my favorite game of all time are now in my favorite series of all time.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't know if that article saying a Diddy Kong Racing designer helped make the Banjo smash design was posted here. But boy does it explain a lot.
owFPnhH.png SHMw4fX.png

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
You know, I am so happy we got Banjo. But now comes this: If Agumon is added, lots of people may complain: "But he's from an anime, he doesn't fit in! Get him out!" Or "If they are adding anime, then add Goku!" Well, those who never thought Digimon originated as video games will complain at least.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
You know, I am so happy we got Banjo. But now comes this: If Agumon is added, lots of people may complain: "But he's from an anime, he doesn't fit in! Get him out!" Or "If they are adding anime, then add Goku!" Well, those who never thought Digimon originated as video games will complain at least.
Digimon is in a sort of weird area since it originated on a Tamagotchi device and it's debatable if it counts as a video game or not.

What does everyone else think?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Digimon is in a sort of weird area since it originated on a Tamagotchi device and it's debatable if it counts as a video game or not.

Habumon, Digimon game director, stated in a recent Digimon Games video for Bandai Namco that "Digimon started as a LCD Game".

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It's been over 2 weeks and I still struggle to accept this is real. I just can't believe after nearly 20 years disappointment and being let down that the characters from my favorite game of all time are now in my favorite series of all time.
So there's 2 bonuses to look forward to in Fall: Banjo and Kazooie will be released and summer will be over.*

* Going against common society opinion, but I despise summer completely and would rather have fall-winter-spring-spring every year.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

They're video games, digital beings from a digital world, no different than :ultgnw:.

Meanwhile, most people think Tekken/Soul Calibur/Tales are a shoo-in, despite this series being very much viable and arguably easier to include than those.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think on paper Digimon should be the next Namco rep. But I don't much about it Agumon doesn't look that interesting. But I've heard potential mechanic of digivolving or something, which makes sense, it would include more Digimon which makes the Pokemon vs Digimon aspect better. And the stage needs to be full of Digimon, you need as many as possible.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Since the list of potential newcomers that Sakurai chose from was selected by Nintendo... I wonder if Gamefreak would object to a series like Digimon or Yokai Watch being included? Would GF try and sway Nintendo to disallow them appearing alongside Pokemon?
Pokemon's rivalry with Yokai Watch is very apparent, but is Digimon's still relevant?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Since the list of potential newcomers that Sakurai chose from was selected by Nintendo... I wonder if Gamefreak would object to a series like Digimon or Yokai Watch being included? Would GF try and sway Nintendo to disallow them appearing alongside Pokemon?
Pokemon's rivalry with Yokai Watch is very apparent, but is Digimon's still relevant?
Well considering Banjo-Kazooie got in SSBU when they haven't had a new game in over a decade and Digimon's had new releases every year or so since the late 90s I think it'll be fine as far as relevancy goes lol

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Well considering Banjo-Kazooie got in SSBU when they haven't had a new game in over a decade and Digimon's had new releases every year or so since the late 90s I think it'll be fine as far as relevancy goes lol
I was referring to Digimon's rivalry with Pokemon.
I thought that would be fairly clear, what with the letter "s" and the apostrophe and such.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I've always loved Digimon and have played quite a handful of them throughout the years. Digimon Rumble Arena 2 was super fun and my family played that a lot back in the day. That said, I question how well Agumon would work in Smash, unless he has a Digivolving component. And even then, Agumon wouldn't be the most exciting Digimon (though he is sort of the "mascot" of traditional Digimon, so I get it). So while I think I'd ultimately be on board for Digimon in Smash, I think there's probably a better chance of getting other Bandai reps. (I personally would love Don-chan from Taiko no Tatsujin, haha.)

Digimon Rumble Arena 3 I would be 100% behind though.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I've always loved Digimon and have played quite a handful of them throughout the years. Digimon Rumble Arena 2 was super fun and my family played that a lot back in the day. That said, I question how well Agumon would work in Smash, unless he has a Digivolving component. And even then, Agumon wouldn't be the most exciting Digimon (though he is sort of the "mascot" of traditional Digimon, so I get it). So while I think I'd ultimately be on board for Digimon in Smash, I think there's probably a better chance of getting other Bandai reps. (I personally would love Don-chan from Taiko no Tatsujin, haha.)

Digimon Rumble Arena 3 I would be 100% behind though.
I personally think Agumon would work well in smash. Having a digivolving mechanic in a similar vein to Pokemon trainer.
Agumon may not seem exciting however its greymon who everyone whose seen digimon will recognise (and also a super cool digimon) I'm not really sure who'd you think would be a better digimon choice.

Don-chan and Taiko no Tatsujin are two names that mean nothing to me as a gamer (doesn't really mean much though) I think many people would recognise a digimon over one of these characters.

Top Bottom