• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I signed the letter!

By the by, my girlfriend and I have been making up Banjo and Kazooie dialogue for each character in Spiral Mountain, in the style of Palutena's Guidance. Here are some of the silly zingers we've come up with so far.

Roy:

Kazooie: "Hey, look! It's Marth!"

Banjo: "Actually, I think that's Ike."

Kazooie: "That's what I said. Marth."

Simon:

Kazooie: "Holy cow! Who let Fabio in here?"

Sonic:

Kazooie: "Huh? What's this guy doing here? I thought this game was for all-stars."

Banjo: "Hey now, Kazooie, Sonic's had plenty of great games!"

Kazooie: "Yeah, like a million years ago, boomer!"

Zero Suit Samus:

Kazooie: "Are you lost, honey? DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball is that way."

Yeah, some of them aren't great.
Oh my God, have I finally found the only other Namco High fan on the internet? When people ask who the second Namco rep should be, I always vote for Valkyrie!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I signed the letter!

By the by, my girlfriend and I have been making up Banjo and Kazooie dialogue for each character in Spiral Mountain, in the style of Palutena's Guidance. Here are some of the silly zingers we've come up with so far.

Roy:

Kazooie: "Hey, look! It's Marth!"

Banjo: "Actually, I think that's Ike."

Kazooie: "That's what I said. Marth."

Simon:

Kazooie: "Holy cow! Who let Fabio in here?"

Sonic:

Kazooie: "Huh? What's this guy doing here? I thought this game was for all-stars."

Banjo: "Hey now, Kazooie, Sonic's had plenty of great games!"

Kazooie: "Yeah, like a million years ago, boomer!"

Zero Suit Samus:

Kazooie: "Are you lost, honey? DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball is that way."

Yeah, some of them aren't great.
Even if these are fan made, damn does Kazooie have no chill!

Last edited:

LMatt

Smash Rookie
We saw Gruntilda, Bottles and Mumbo... do you think Humba, Klungo, Tooty or even Grunty's sisters will show up as well?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
hey fellas, i want to try and mention my smash bros adaptation comic again to mention a fact that i had Banjo & Kazooie in the roster before they were announced as DLC.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Thinking over the trailer--it's amazing how much has already exceeded my expectations. I did not expect a full-on CG trailer for DLC characters, and am so happy Banjo & Kazooie got in when they did. The callbacks, both to the games, and King K Rool's trailer, were brilliant. While I had many ideas for their moves, part of me thought perhaps that's too much for one Smash character--and yet, they included most of what I had imagined, and some I did not expect (e.g., pooping grenade eggs!). I thought perhaps a stage for BK may be difficult, given the geometry of Spiral Mountain, and the feasibility of Gruntilda's Lair--would have been fine with a Minecraft stage so long as Banjo & Kazooie were characters. And yet Spiral Mountain looks more beautiful than I could have pictured, and the twirling stage mechanic is brilliant and fitting. And not only seeing Gruntilda's Lair in its outer glory, but Gruntilda herself made an appearance! Definitely did not expect that.

So much I could mention, but those are some of the many highlights I've found re-watching the trailer and seeing people's reactions. I could have been spoiled by knowing for certain they would make an appearance, and it wouldn't have taken away any of those surprises and enjoyment (though feel bad to those where it did). The fact I was uncertain they would show up, and letting go of the idea once The Hero was revealed, made the reveal that much more gut-wrenching when it happened. When the Rare boys showed up, my friend jumped out of his seat and held my shoulders tight, as we had a feeling it was time. And this time, it was.

Thanks! Signed it.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Support for literally any western character: *Exists*
Detractors:
View attachment 227722
US/Europe Smash fans: *Asks for more Western 3rd party characters*

Detractors: ”Ugh, Smash doesn’t cater to you specifically! Why can’t you let Japan have this one on top of the 67 characters they have?”

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
It just occured to me that it would more sense, in a way, for all these wonderful fan artists to draw Banjo and Kazooie reuniting with Sonic that it does with Mario. Those three were actually in a game together.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Late to the party but my lord. I'll confess to having never played Banjo Kazooie (before my time) but am still a Rare fan thanks to DKC. Yesterday was something special. I can't wait to play this character and hopefully it's the beginning of a new life for the pair (with some remakes I can actually play!).

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Just signed. I'm so happy it feels surreal.

So with all this recent stuff coming out. What's everyone's opinion about Indie Gamer Chick's (IGC) claims about a plug and play or potential rare replay?

Im really not sure if I should get my hopes up expecting either of these or not. I would have expected some more attention paid to the microsoft x nintendo love fest at e3 but they didnt really make mention of it. IIRC I don't think we got confirmation on ori yet either.

What do you think the chances are of a rare replay or a n64 classic coming out within the year??

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It's been signed! I hope it reaches their eyes and ears and they appreciate the magnitude of what they've done for us. I'm STILL seeing so many amazing details and references from their games in their moves and their stage. There are Buzzbombs (the dragonfly that crashes into the Rare logo at the beginning of the game and from Bubblegloop Swamp and Click Clock Wood) flying around in Spiral Mountain and the Extra Life statue on top of Banjo's house is there as well! I FREAKING LOVE THAT THEY'RE IN THIS GAME.

So with all this recent stuff coming out. What's everyone's opinion about Indie Gamer Chick's (IGC) claims about a plug and play or potential rare replay?

Im really not sure if I should get my hopes up expecting either of these or not. I would have expected some more attention paid to the microsoft x nintendo love fest at e3 but they didnt really make mention of it. IIRC I don't think we got confirmation on ori yet either.

What do you think the chances are of a rare replay or a n64 classic coming out within the year??
I'd say after this pretty damn high! Mega Man got a HUGE resurgence after he made it into Sm4sh and Cloud Strife finally got his games on a Nintendo console for the first time (and while I don't think it was influential on this, they are finally remastering FFVII) so I hope with all the other remasters and ports and ESPECIALLY after all the amazing positive reactions and hopeful boosts of sales in Fighter Passes, which I immediately bought as soon as I could yesterday, we'll see word of more games and ports and remasters for the bear and bird!

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's been signed! I hope it reaches their eyes and ears and they appreciate the magnitude of what they've done for us. I'm STILL seeing so many amazing details and references from their games in their moves and their stage. There are Buzzbombs (the dragonfly that crashes into the Rare logo at the beginning of the game and from Bubblegloop Swamp and Click Clock Wood) flying around in Spiral Mountain and the Extra Life statue on top of Banjo's house is there as well! I FREAKING LOVE THAT THEY'RE IN THIS GAME.
Don't forget Bottles the mole in the beginning of the video and didn't somebody say Mumbo was somewhere in the background too ?

D

Deleted member

This Smash Bros appearance will be my first experience with the franchise.

Hopefully a new game follows if Banjo sells well!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What if Sakurai actually received that translated letter from King K. Rool fans and decided to put Banjo Kazooie into the game to see if we would do the same?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Swell!

And... signed.

Now I hope you'll do your best getting it moving towards the end goal. We're counting on you!

Oh my God, have I finally found the only other Namco High fan on the internet? When people ask who the second Namco rep should be, I always vote for Valkyrie!
Hey there!! You might be surprised of how much a fan I am.

My experience with Namco High were bit on the limited side, especially due how little time ShiftyLook managed to keep their site around for various of their revivals. Leaves me on a bittersweet mood at times.

Still, I can clearly see you being a fan, so hop over here to Valkyrie's support thread! I've been rather absent on updating it, but now and then been wondering of actually trecking through her games for source material and possible discussion, especially due recurring demand now and then. She has strangely alluring charm that I keep feeling almost bad ignoring of spreading and nurturing for possible support here. As of Hero's inclusion, I had to rethink over how to represent her all over in fresh ways.

Back on topic though.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

When you scream so loud Rare FINALLY hears you after years of having their ears presumably clogged

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

I'd really hope so. While Banjo & Kazooie being in Smash does help the idea their stuff could come to Nintendo in other forms, there are other reasons I doubt it. The main reason being the story behind Banjo & Kazooie coming into Smash seems, as one would expect, Nintendo wanting to use them for Smash, and Microsoft gracefully accepting. We haven't seen Microsoft/Rare do much of anything with Banjo & Kazooie for a decade, and I don't think that changes anything. Particularly with Gregg's cheeky statement--I consider it lighthearted fun, but there also may be some truth in that he's reluctant to do much with the franchise. Could be thought by Nintendo and Rare as a one-time deal to give the fans what they want, and Nintendo/Sakurai does most of the work on the characters. I hope that's wrong, though.

The issue with Rare Replay is it wouldn't be a straightforward port. Some games are emulated, and the Switch doesn't have that emulation capabilities. So some work would have to be done to make them work on Switch (perhaps from the ground up? This is out of my expertise... like pretty much all of this). Taking out the 360 games is a possibility, perhaps adding in the Rare games of the Donkey Kong franchise--though, perhaps Nintendo wouldn't want M rated content alongside Donkey Kong games. Could take games like Conker out, but then it's looking less and less like Rare Replay.

A re-make would be a lot more work, and a new game would be more work than that. And everything I've seen (so far), shows that while Microsoft/Rare has no issue with allowing Nintendo to use the characters, they themselves don't seem to have the appetite, as Kirkhope says, to actually do anything with them. We've now seen Grant lie about his involvement when he has to, so that's always a possibility. I still think, despite that, it's good to err on the side of caution.

My hope is that Microsoft finds a company willing to do the work on any of the above things. I don't expect Nintendo to do so--again, part of me feels like this was a one-time deal between the companies due to the favoring circumstances, and Nintendo perhaps doesn't think it's necessary for them to use resources on another platforming franchise, when they have plenty. Hope I'm wrong, though. Given the rumors of Rare Replay came out long before the rumors of Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, it lends those previous rumors more credence, as they probably didn't come out from nowhere. My most realistic hope is that we might hear something involving Banjo & Kazooie on Nintendo in a future Direct to tie into more information on them in Smash closer to their release. While Persona could be a rights nightmare, I don't think getting the rights would be the issue with Banjo-Kazooie, and it would be beneficial to both companies to have games on the system with Smash for those who like the character to discover.

EDIT:

When you scream so loud Rare FINALLY hears you after years of having their ears presumably clogged
Given what I said above, it's reading stuff like this that is pretty heartwarming and gives me hope. The feelings mutual, Rare.

Last edited:

IngoDingo

Smash Rookie
Signed! I'm happy beyond words. I still can't believe this actually happened... I cried like a baby. This is truly something I'll remember for the rest of my life.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Better yet, replacing a guy with clogged ears with one that has clean ones. Spencer's predecessor was pretty much becoming intent on running a no-fun zone.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
GOD I really want a Banjo Kazooie Silver & Gold Amiibo ! think we can ask rare & nintendo to make them ?

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Beautiful little video showing off the attention to detail Sakurai put into the short tease we got of their gameplay. Gotta love that man :)

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Done and signed. No amount of words can describe how grateful I am.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I know I may be a little late on this because I was outside all day yesterday doing yard work, but we did it guys, Banjo is in and I voted in the ballot for him as he was one of my most wanted characters. Finally, Banjo is back home on a Nintendo console where he belongs. Hopefully the Banjo-Kazooie games come to the Switch as well as a brand new entry in the series. (Let’s just ignore Nuts ‘n’ Bolts) :grin:

Edit: Signed the letter too.

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I'm dropping in from the Shantae thread contribute a bit.

Banjo-Kazooie played a great part in dominating my childhood, and I've wanted them in since Brawl, but slowly began losing interest and hope for them until that Smash Ballot happened. Up until their reveal, they've remained at my top 5, so I'm glad to finally have a character I wanted in actually playable now---it's never happened before; they always get deconfirmed instantly, but now it finally came to fruition.

Also, now that the deed is done, the harassment should cease toward those whom appreciate the bear and the bird. We can now breathe easily.

images.jpeg
I don't know who the artist is.

Top Bottom