• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
LMAO!!! Dat Spongbob reference.
Banjo-Kazooie: Wait a minute... (Rubs invitation slowly and thoroughly between legs)

Banjo-Kazooie: This isn't a Super Smash Bros invitation, This is a fake invitation crumpled up, torn slightly, soaked in the lagoon and kissed with coral blue #2 semi gloss lipstick.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
To be fair, people who are both Banjo and Steve fans should be in a very good place right now. Because not only Banjo got in, but according to Phil Spencer himself, it was an easy deal to make.

Meaning that, when Smash 6 comes, as long as nobody ***** up the Microsoft-Nintendo relationship, not only might Banjo become a mainstay, but Microsoft will be in prime position to get a second character in.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Banjo-Kazooie: Wait a minute... (Rubs invitation slowly and thoroughly between legs)

Banjo-Kazooie: This isn't a Super Smash Bros invitation, This is a fake invitation crumpled up, torn slightly, soaked in the lagoon and kissed with coral blue #2 semi gloss lipstick.
Actually it's lipstick number... "Get's hit in the head"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want to repeat that i want to be part of the letter. Put me as "B.K" (those are the first letters of my first name and last name, yes really)

EDIT: I found the Google Doc Thank You letter.

Last edited by a moderator:

LMatt

Smash Rookie
It wouldn't be that far-fetched if Banjo & Kazooie were "Hero" or "Brave" after all...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The more reasonable Steve fans (not the irrational bear haters) do need some pity. They don't realise that their desire would have made more of a difference if they supported the ballot more heavily, and are going to potentially be left in limbo for the next 10 years, or simply move on.

Coasting on series popularity isn't always enough, one's voice must be heard loud enough.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
The more reasonable Steve fans (not the irrational bear haters) do need some pity. They don't realise that their desire would have made more of a difference if they supported the ballot more heavily, and are going to potentially be left in limbo for the next 10 years, or simply move on.

Coasting on series popularity isn't always enough, one's voice must be heard loud enough.
This. Just because a series is financially successful, doesn't mean it's garunteed a spot in smash. Both minecraft and tetris are prime examples of that.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Can I just appreciate the fact that we can now officially say “Banjo main”?
This. Just because a series is financially successful, doesn't mean it's garunteed a spot in smash. Both minecraft and tetris are prime examples of that.
Exactly.

It’s what I used to argue against Steve, being a high selling franchise is a good factor but it’s not a free ticket to Smash, it’s more then that.

Should GTA get a character?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yo Fellas! i finished my picture and i'm ready to send it to my stash on deviantart, but i like to upload it here just so you guys can see it.
20190612_191627.jpg

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
This I feel is a VERY important tweet. I feel Rare was under the impression that it was only a few hardcore fans that cared about the bear and bird. Now after seeing the whole internet react to it, I think they may realize how important they truly are to many players. This may just be the beginning fellas.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
While I do genuinely feel for the actual Steve fans I do feel a little glee from the disappointment of the "Steveposters" after all the hell they gave us

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Let's be honest, the people who posted that deformed Steve everywhere never actually cared whether or not he got in. No fanbase would actually want to make themselves literally everyone else's enemy. A shame genuine Steve supporters had to get lumped in with memers and false flaggers.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Now that Banjo and Kazooie are officially in, I'm starting to get a little antsy. Other than Dixie Kong and classic Ganon, there are no other characters I'm really invested in, and I doubt the last two Fighter Pass characters will be first-party.

I'm still looking forward to actually playing as Banjo, but as a certain lasagna cat once said, it's not the having, it's the getting. Someone save me from being like this.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
While you shouldn’t expect Master Chief of the Halo series to bust heads with Mario anytime soon, that does open the door for other Rare characters to be DLC options in the future should Nintendo want to further that route, like Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark, Sabrewulf from Killer Instinct, Conker, or any of the Battletoads.
Good to see the article writer cover the basics, though it's really interesting he brought up Sabrewulf instead of Fulgore. Though he did have games outside of KI, for sure.

Let's be honest, the people who posted that deformed Steve everywhere never actually cared whether or not he got in. No fanbase would actually want to make themselves literally everyone else's enemy. A shame genuine Steve supporters had to get lumped in with memers and false flaggers.
Yeah, the Waluigi fanbase has it bad enough from haters having flogged Twitter after the AT's return, without him being turned into a Satanic figure like Steve was.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Now that Banjo and Kazooie are officially in, I'm starting to get a little antsy. Other than Dixie Kong and classic Ganon, there are no other characters I'm really invested in, and I doubt the last two Fighter Pass characters will be first-party.

I'm still looking forward to actually playing as Banjo, but as a certain lasagna cat once said, it's not the having, it's the getting. Someone save me from being like this.
Yess me tooooo i only want Dixie Kong now...maybe Rayman and Crash...thats about it!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We're only over 24 hours post-reveal but this still feels so surreal to me. This is something I thought would never happen ever. Something that would be relegated to fan pipe dreams.

...But alas here we are with Banjo confirmed for Smash Ultimate. And as a lifelong fan of Banjo, this is the ultimate fan-service Sakurai could ever give me and the countless others who grew up in the N64 era.

well short of giving me Andy from Advance Wars lol

Banjo in Smash was something I dreamed of in the days of Melee much like K. Rool and now both are in. Ultimate is all about making dreams come true I tell ya. I highly doubt we'll ever get a Smash like this ever again.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Hey has anyone else noticed that banjos pose for the reveal video actually looks eerily similar to a piece of fanart for him getting in smash...? I looked up some old fan stuff and his posture is nearly identical, only difference is kazooie...

Did nintendo actually look at some fanart and deemed it nice enough to inspire the smash design...?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Sorry to keep everyone in suspense, but the day has been hectic as you can imagine.

We'll definitely be tallying everyone up and putting a thank you card together for Sakurai soon, everyone on the support list will be included as well!
You forgot someone in that picture. Krystal! She was made by Rare too!

No, it doesn't cost any money, you signing it and leaving a message is free.
Oh. Well, I did sign it. How long will it take for them to get it?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Seems weird to me that the character name is the game name and not in the same "X & Y" format of every other duo. Really happy to have them in, though, and hoping for the best when we see the full moveset. They're going to be fun, for sure, but I want them to feel as true to their identity as possible.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Seems weird to me that the character name is the game name and not in the same "X & Y" format of every other duo. Really happy to have them in, though, and hoping for the best when we see the full moveset. They're going to be fun, for sure, but I want them to feel as true to their identity as possible.
The site lists them as Banjo & Kazooie. Their name was only formatted as Banjo-Kazooie for the trailer.

LMatt

Smash Rookie
We could start campaigning for Gruntilda! :rotfl:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh. OK. So uh...does that mean that Microsoft has no control over Xbox? Just Phil? Sorry for asking these just curious.
Phil works as part of Microsoft to head the Xbox division. People employed to work on Xbox and its projects would be Microsoft employees.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This I feel is a VERY important tweet. I feel Rare was under the impression that it was only a few hardcore fans that cared about the bear and bird. Now after seeing the whole internet react to it, I think they may realize how important they truly are to many players. This may just be the beginning fellas.
This is incredibly important! They are getting aware of the love and joy this duo brought to people growing up with the series.

I hope this can keep up so that maybe a new game could come along. I do feel confident at the least, Rare Replay is coming when Banjo drops or close to it.

Troykv

Smash Master
I wonder what is going to do Banjo with his D-Air... because I had in mind it would change the kind of move depending if you Smash It or not.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So I started up Ultimate the first time since E3 and went to Smashdown with random characters. First one I had? Duck Hunt. I pictured Banjo and Kazooie from the silhouette.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
This is incredibly important! They are getting aware of the love and joy this duo brought to people growing up with the series.

I hope this can keep up so that maybe a new game could come along. I do feel confident at the least, Rare Replay is coming when Banjo drops or close to it.
This also shows just how strong Nintendo and Microsoft's friendship has gotten!

Top Bottom