• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
Yep, it’s on this channel but it redirects to Nintendo’s

I just realized this is called Best Friends, as opposed to the last one with K. Rool which was called The Rivals.

So many nice touches taken with them so far.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I just realized this is called Best Friends, as opposed to the last one with K. Rool which was called The Rivals.

I keep watching the trailer and every time I notice a new detail. Sakurai and team really put a lot of love into this reveal. Not to mention Spiral Mountain and the bear and bird's moveset.

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
I keep watching the trailer and every time I notice a new detail. Sakurai and team really put a lot of love into this reveal. Not to mention Spiral Mountain and the bear and bird's moveset.
People thought Rayman was in the clouds.
No.
It was not Rayman.
No.
It was Banjo & Kazooie.
Yes.
It was them.

Benjakshin

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheBenFactory
Switch FC
3291-6573-0624

Microsoft tweeted about how the fans should be there for the Nintendo e3 direct. Perhaps the title "Best Friends" stood for the new and stronger bond between Nintendo and Microsoft.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
didn't people say they saw a jiggy in the King K Rool trailer ? like a reflection of one in the window ? like it was in DK's house off screen ???

I don't remeber?

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
It's been one day and I am still am in awe. I still got big smiles today and hopefully for quite a while. It still doesn't feel real. We did it. We did it!

I also just signed the letter too. Just seeing responses from Rare, Spencer, Grant and everybody else is so great. What an incredible feeling

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
D85AIE3XoAAHMu_.png
Always remember Banjo was a sword user & he went on many adventures B4 he meet kazooie (AKA the ultimate weapon)

D85E7nUV4AArrMj.jpg
But don't worry she enjoys it
D8493QnX4AEkZI9.jpg
she is a masochist

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
It'd be cute if there was occasionally either a Topper, Colliwobble or Bawl in the background of the Spiral Mountain stage. I'm currently watching through the trailer again and this time solely focusing on the stage details. It looks so clean, the color palette is so vibrant and I love that they used the house design from Nuts & Bolts. There's definitely some other cues taken from Nuts & Bolts that are used in the Ultimate version of Spiral Mountain as well but I also notice some very obvious differences when comparing them. I'm so pleased with how the stage turned out.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Hope it's okay to ask for a bit of help from you guys who've owned a Xbox 360.
Banjo & Kazooie's glorious reveal has me longing to play B-K and B-T again. I'm thinking of picking up a used 360 from Gamestop to play the remastered versions for the first time.

I don't need it to do anything other than play B-K and B-T, so would it be a good move to save $20 and get this one without a hard drive?
https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/consoles/xbox-360-system-black-with-wireless-controller/118710
Could I use a flashdrive to store the online profile information, (I assume you need one to buy from the MS store) games, and saves?
I greatly appreciate any advice. I'm totally out of my element here. I've never had an Xbox system.

Never mind, they also sell separate 20GB 360 hard drives for a mere $3. That solves my problem.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Always remember Banjo was a sword user & he went on many adventures B4 he meet kazooie (AKA the ultimate weapon)
Oh crap. Did they secretly sneak in TWO swordsmen into this direct? 0/10, worst reveals ever.
PS: Joker has a knife. Knives are just smol swords. 3/3 DLC fighters are swordsmen, ffs.
PPS: Teeth are just tiny swords. 4/3+Plant are all swordsmen.

The witch in the stage builder trailer from the last smash direct was a hint
The problem is when everything's a hint, then nothing is a hint. That and the Fake Smash Ball "hint" could have just been coincidences.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm dropping in from the Shantae thread contribute a bit.

Banjo-Kazooie played a great part in dominating my childhood, and I've wanted them in since Brawl, but slowly began losing interest and hope for them until that Smash Ballot happened. Up until their reveal, they've remained at my top 5, so I'm glad to finally have a character I wanted in actually playable now---it's never happened before; they always get deconfirmed instantly, but now it finally came to fruition.

Also, now that the deed is done, the harassment should cease toward those whom appreciate the bear and the bird. We can now breathe easily.

View attachment 227748
I don't know who the artist is.
That’s my work! Hope you like it ^^

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

When you scream so loud Rare FINALLY hears you after years of having their ears presumably clogged
Me reading this after the negative things I talked about them. :^(

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
This meme made me realize something.
How the hell does Banjo see with that shnoz?
1560380331821.png

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Ive gotta say I've rewatched that Banjo trailer 85,000 times already. Probably just as much as K.Rool's reveal and like I said earlier I've never played Banjo longer than like 10 minutes as a kid. The Rare love/magic in that trailer was just fantastic.

Im so excited for Banjo and I never thought I would be. I'll be honest after Joker and "The Hero" reveal my expectations for the fighters pass sunk really low (and they already weren't that high based on Smash 4's DLC). Banjo is the first DLC character in either Smash game that Im personally really excited for.

Now if we could just get Dixie Kong to complete the Rare/Mayles tri-fecta. I would never ask Sakurai for anything again. I just wish Dixie had more supporters (not that it matters as all the last 2 DLC spots will be more 3rd party additions). Oh well back to rewatching "K.Rool Trailer 2: Electric Kazooiloo!" for the 85,001th time.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I noticed one thing:
vlcsnap-2019-06-13-01h32m11s309.png

Why is Donkey Kong wearing boxe gloves?
Last time it happened was in Punch Out Wii:
Character-wii-dk.jpg

What does this mean? New Spirit?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not all of them.

There's still....him.

That would be amazing to get James Bond in there, and it would be easier today to get him in than did in the Melee days since 3rd parties wasn't a thing or priority to add at the time. Still though, they would probably have a lot of trouble getting the rights to the actor's likeness to get Bond in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That would be amazing to get James Bond in there, and it would be easier today to get him in than did in the Melee days since 3rd parties wasn't a thing or priority to add at the time. Still though, they would probably have a lot of trouble getting the rights to the actor's likeness to get Bond in.
Yeah, that's the only big roadblock he has left. Never mind the licensed character thing, actor likeness is a big issue. If he was played by Tom Cruise, it'd be downright impossible.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Was

Is this your screenshot? Can you message this guy? Is there any way we can get something indicating an aftermath reaction?
The "cereal mascot" insult seems familiar. I think he showed up here and in the newcomer speculation thread before getting banned.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
I wonder if they'd get Brosnan or Craig to do it.

Or go retro and get Connery. one of his skins could be Zed from Zardoz.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Holy ****, more than 24 hours have passed and it still doesn't feel real.

We live in a timeline where Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Banjo, Cloud, Simon Belmont and Ryu can all throw Poké Balls and Cuccos at each other at Mementos, while Rodin, Gray Fox and Rathalos just beat the living **** out of all of them.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Holy ****, more than 24 hours have passed and it still doesn't feel real.

We live in a timeline where Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Banjo, Cloud, Simon Belmont and Ryu can all throw Poké Balls and Cuccos at each other at Mementos, while Rodin, Gray Fox and Rathalos just beat the living **** out of all of them.
It's beautiful isn't it. :)

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Warned for trolling
-image isn't really appropriate-
Looks like Steve is handling it well....

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
-image removed-
Looks like Steve is handling it well....
Dude we already won, don't be trolling. I actually wouldn't mind if Steve get's in now that Banjo & Kazooie are in. You know there are people that want Steve to you know.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Last edited:
Top Bottom