• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Was it my imagination or was Duck hunt totally dressed up as Banjo's nuts and bolts design? That's what it looked like to me.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Hey you know the cast of characters should dress up as fans' pipe dream never-evers in front of DK's house more often.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
LOL, that does bring up the question.
Who would fake as Geno?
Or Dixie Kong for that matter?
I'm thinking maybe Bowser Jr. for Geno and I dunno, Inkling for Dixie Kong? The latter just kind of gives me that mischievous vibe, and I have no idea why.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I just remembered hitagi called out papagenos back in the day

"pApAgEnOs ShOuLd dOuBlE cHeCk HiS sOuRcE"

Hold this L please
tumblr_mhijvh1eNj1rwej9io8_500.gif

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Are we only doing the "Thank You" card for Sakurai only? That would seem really unfair seeing as how Sakurai couldn't have even touched this character with Phil Spencers permission. Do a Sakurai and Phil back to back with their arms crossed or shaking hands. Then have Banjo Kazooie above Phil with DK and Diddy above Sakurai doing the same.

I actually felt more humbled by Sakurai when we got K. Rool, because it was purely at his discretion. Imo Banjo on the other hand is Microsoft 75% Sakurai 25% so they definitely both deserve to be in the card.

Grawgh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grawgh
Are we only doing the "Thank You" card for Sakurai only? That would seem really unfair seeing as how Sakurai couldn't have even touched this character with Phil Spencers permission. Do a Sakurai and Phil back to back with their arms crossed or shaking hands. Then have Banjo Kazooie above Phil with DK and Diddy above Sakurai doing the same.

I actually felt more humbled by Sakurai when we got K. Rool, because it was purely at his discretion. Imo Banjo on the other hand is Microsoft 75% Sakurai 25% so they definitely both deserve to be in the card.
I think the card/letter is going to Phil, Sakurai, Rare, Grant and a few others.

Firox

Smash Master
LOL, that does bring up the question.
Who would fake as Geno?
Or Dixie Kong for that matter?
I could see Young Link trying to fake as Geno, what with the sock-head cap and all. For Dixie, they should have someone totally off the wall do it, like Captain Falcon or Wario.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I think the card/letter is going to Phil, Sakurai, Rare, Grant and a few others.
Beautiful! I just wanted to see Phil on it like whoever did Sakurai on the K. Rool card. So many ideas. Like Phil opening the door for Banjo Kazooie as they walk in to a surprise party with all their old Rare buddies and Sakurai is there ofc.

Or Donkey Kong Diddy and K.Rool are looking for the last puzzle piece to the huge Smash "Everyone is Here" puzzle. While Sakurai smiling at Phil who is suddenly appearing dressed up as a Banana Fairy or Mumbo Jumbo with the final piece.

Haha, that one would be funny.

Last edited:

Grawgh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Grawgh
Beautiful! I just wanted to see Phil on it like whoever did Sakurai on the K. Rool card. So many ideas. Like Phil opening the door for Banjo Kazooie as they walk in to a surprise party with all their old Rare buddies and Sakurai is there ofc.
Yeah! Definitely! Firm handshakes all around with tears of absolute joy.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
So dose gamexplain need to apologise to papagenos for talking **** about him for his banjo leak ? I think so snooty ****ers

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I am still in awe over the duo returning home.

Can we just appreciate that when Banjo does the victory sign, a good chunk of Nintendo characters were apart of the screen? They could have just left it as only Banjo and Kazooie, but no...the family was there to welcome them home.

I can wait for fall. We have been waiting for so long, it will feel like a breeze when the time arrives.
From Falcon to Ness to Isabelle to Inkling. The victory sign was just a massive celebration as if all of Nintendo was welcoming them back.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
And now for something completely random...

Yeah...
I'm gonna take my bird to the old smash road,
I'm gonna... fly till' I can't no more,
I'm gonna take my bird to the old smash road,
I'm gonna... fly like on the 64!

I got the breegull in the back,
Backpack is attached,
Stats all in the patch,
Got the yellow shorts to match
Xbox took me by force,
Ninty hit me with divorce,
17 years later, trekkin' on the battle course

Can't nobody tell me nothin'
They can't tell me nothin'
Can't nobody tell me nothin'
They can't tell me nothin'

Switch out, cartridge in, feelin' like an all-star!
HD fur shinin' like a brand new guitar,
Banjo's got a habit: honeycombs and gold jigsaws,
Hit the battlefield with ma' pal who runs real far
Got no stress, I've been through all that,
I'm like a barrel-chested kong, so I kick on back,
Can't wait to roll on back to ol' Nintendo
I'm gonna... smash till' I can't no more...

Hate me for this if you must, I just had to do it. :p

JonSmash

Smash Ace
D80h3sQX4AE1eTT.jpg
LOL I love this picture XD even tho we may get a steve mii costume with I would welcome

LMatt

Smash Rookie
Guys one cool thing this video pointed out is that when the Jiggys fill the screen at the end of the trailer, in total there are 60 pieces.

They fill all of them, but leave out 4 when they show B&K's faces.

So like, 60 and 4. N64 :)

https://youtu.be/bELRvxt8mq8

JonSmash

Smash Ace
"Despite the positive reception, Kirkhope still has his doubts about a future installment in the Banjo-Kazooie series – and doesn't think it would sell enough"

was from a news articale grant said that, but he also said banjo would never be in smash & LIED ABOUT DOING MUSIC FOR BANJO BEING IN SMASH ! LOL

if there was a new banjo game it would be HIM who dose the music so he would know, is he lieing again ?

I mean if sponge bob can get a video game remake then why not banjo kazooie ? a character SO DEMANDED he actually got into smash with his last game being in 2008 ! & owned by M$ ! of all things ! no way they don't have plans for banjo ! hopefully on nintendo platforms

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Too many Mario hugging Banjo pics and not enough Diddy hugging Banjo pics, smh. They are canonically best friends. Get that plumber boy out of there. This is Diddy's and Banjo's damn moment.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
"Despite the positive reception, Kirkhope still has his doubts about a future installment in the Banjo-Kazooie series – and doesn't think it would sell enough"

was from a news articale grant said that, but he also said banjo would never be in smash & LIED ABOUT DOING MUSIC FOR BANJO BEING IN SMASH ! LOL

if there was a new banjo game it would be HIM who dose the music so he would know, is he lieing again ?

I mean if sponge bob can get a video game remake then why not banjo kazooie ? a character SO DEMANDED he actually got into smash with his last game being in 2008 ! & owned by M$ ! of all things ! no way they don't have plans for banjo ! hopefully on nintendo platforms
Usually I'd say take Grant at face value, though now we know he has been keeping this a secret and I love him for it. Warms my heart that Nintendo asked him to remix one of his own songs. While I won't expect a new game, it's certainly a lot more possible now. I also think given the renewed interest, they'd be bonkers not to find someone to try to do it.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Officially one day of Banjo-Kazooie confirmation! How are we all feeling? :D

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace
Just over 24 hours later and the top 3 uploads of Banjo’s reveal trailer are sitting at a nice 3.1 million combined views, with Alpharad’s reaction included 3.6. Not bad for an ‘irrelevant’ bear and bird.

D

Deleted member

Officially one day of Banjo-Kazooie confirmation! How are we all feeling? :D
Still not entirely sure this isn't some dying dream of mine but that feeling will probably go away once they actually come out and I can play them

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Has banjo's smash trailer been uploaded to nintendo's youtube chanle yet ? if so we need to make it the MOST like smash video they have !

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Too many Mario hugging Banjo pics and not enough Diddy hugging Banjo pics, smh. They are canonically best friends. Get that plumber boy out of there. This is Diddy's and Banjo's damn moment.
Mario is Mr. Nintendo. This is Nintendo showing Banjo love again, so it's right for Mario to be here too.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Yeah! I don't think Banjo and Mario were ever in a game together until now. More Diddy and Banjo together. It should be like all the Captain N reunion drawings for Pit and Mega Man, that I weirdly don't remember seeing this time around with Simon.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
So what nods to other songs have you spotted on Grant's remix of Spiral Mountain?
from what we can hear:
-Treasure Trove Cove
-Freezeezy peak
-Gruntildas Lair
-Mayhem Temple or Gobi Desert
-Rusty Bucket Bay
And Click Clock Woods is more or less spiral mountain anyway.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
So what nods to other songs have you spotted on Grant's remix of Spiral Mountain?
Mayahem Temple is in there, Grant mean't for that to be Gobi's Valley but did a goof. I'm having trouble finding the tweet but Grant is basically like "...oops lol"

That's ok though, I love Mayahem Temple.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Just over 24 hours later and the top 3 uploads of Banjo’s reveal trailer are sitting at a nice 3.1 million combined views, with Alpharad’s reaction included 3.6. Not bad for an ‘irrelevant’ bear and bird.
Anyone who tries the 'irrelevant' claim as their primary argument going forward will now have Sakurai come to them and slap them in the face.

The only thing irrelevant now is the irrelevant argument.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Kudos to all Banjo-Kazooie supporters. Due to Nintendo's growing relationship with Microsoft (Xbox Live on Nintendo Switch, etc), I personally always saw them as a possibility. That said, I can't say I was surprised at their reveal.

Though I doubt I'll be good with them, I nevertheless look forward to seeing how they play.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Mario & banjo were sold as toys together....

OMG ! they should do a Diddy Kong & Banjo Kazooie Amiibo Two Pack !!!

Top Bottom