• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
Im gonna be direct with you all
The news about "not all Pokemon data will be on Sword/Shield" made me salty and angry

somehow, Banjo's reveal and Animal Crossing soothes the salt :V
god bless Sakurai

if Banjo Threeie Revival/Rare Replay will be on switch, hecc I might not even buy SwSh anymore :V
I think what they meant is not all Pokemon data will be in Sword and Shield TO BEGIN WITH. My theory is that they'll start adding more and more variety of Pokemon to raids.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Good morning all! Great to wake up to see Banjo & Kazooie are still in Smash. Usually it had turned out to be the opposite.

With the beautiful mural added, I decided to finish something I made a while back.

I've thought about making this as a way of expressing my feelings of Banjo & Kazooie in Smash for a while now, but finally made it. I find it to be a fitting tribute.

Smash Banjo Puzzle.png

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sooo was banjo or erdrick....errrr "the hero" code name Brave ????
The Japanese word for Brave, Yusha, can mean "Hero" as well. Since The Hero is gonna be released before Banjo and was leaked before him as well, that will also contribute to Brave being the Hero.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
For me personally, Banjo-Kazooie finally being announced for Super Smash Bros made and saved Nintendo's E3 for me.

Pokemon Sword and Shield is my most anticipated game of the year, Luigi's Mansion 3 would be my 2nd and as pumped as I am for both of those games, I already knew they were coming and Pokemon had a direct last week.

It was a longshot and likely wasn't going to happen, But I was also hoping for a new Donkey Kong game (Country or 3D) and still waiting for that Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch rumor to come true too.

But yeah nothing else game related interested me in the direct other than Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion and tuned out after Banjo-Kazooie got revealed, But it's definitely more than enough to make me happy and satisfied overall.

Still hoping for a Rare Replay announcement or anything else Banjo-Kazooie related during Treehouse live hopefully.

Last edited:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
i'd be surprised if it wasn't erdrick making him smash and squares worst kept secret of all time lol. I'm guessing here but banjo being brave would be surprising considering erdricks inclusion and the whole Japanese translation thing with the word brave.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think given the circumstantial evidence that led to people believing it was Erdrick and the order of reveals, I'd guess The Hero. However, given the main one is the Luminary and not Erdrick. *shrugs*

Firox

Smash Master
Sakurai on Ultimate: 'Everyone is here!'

Gamefreak on Sword/Shield: 'Yeaaaaaa......about that.'
Wait, what??? Is Gamefreak cutting pokemon from S&S?? If so, they better be cutting only the pokemon that nobody ever uses (like all those crappy normal types that you get at the beginning of the game and never use like Ratata or Furret).

WeirdSandwich

Smash Cadet
I think I saw "The Hero" do the turning slide that was given to Brave during the trailer, so I think he was actually Brave all along.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
im curious to see if we'll see mii sword fighter files in erdrick and duck hunt files in banjo when the characters release. It'd be a nice confirmation that our thought processes at the time were spot on.

Firox

Smash Master
LOL So I love how Duck Hunt was trolling during the B-K reveal, but I feel like the duck/dog combo really is going to get the boot once B-K gets dropped. Duck Hunt always was kind of the poor man's Banjo Kazooie in the first place. Once we get the real deal, I'll be interested to see how many people, if any, still play them.

Firox

Smash Master
Delet this.

The most likely cuts are starters and legendaries that are irrelevant to the region.
Legendaries I can live without, but I think getting rid of starters would be a jacked up move. I have a shiny Charizard, boss Typhlosion and a BA Infernape. Also, tons of people love Greninja, Blaziken and Sceptile. Making any of those incapable of transferring over could be a deal breaker for me.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
LOL So I love how Duck Hunt was trolling during the B-K reveal, but I feel like the duck/dog combo really is going to get the boot once B-K gets dropped. Duck Hunt always was kind of the poor man's Banjo Kazooie in the first place. Once we get the real deal, I'll be interested to see how many people, if any, still play them.
Duck Hunt can be just as nostalgic for those of the NES generation as Banjo & Kazooie are for the N64 generation. As someone who played both as a kid, I remember Duck Hunt coming with the original Mario Bros, and while I wasn't a fan of hunting, the characters still left a big impression on me. And what their trailer showed was--they are not the same as Duck Hunt at all. Bashing the bird on people's heads? Shielding into people with golden feathers? Pooping grenade eggs? :chuckle:

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Duck Hunt can be just as nostalgic for those of the NES generation as Banjo & Kazooie are for the N64 generation. As someone who played both as a kid, I remember Duck Hunt coming with the original Mario Bros, and while I wasn't a fan of hunting, the characters still left a big impression on me. And what their trailer showed was--they are not the same as Duck Hunt at all. Bashing the bird on people's heads? Shielding into people with golden feathers? Pooping grenade eggs? :chuckle:
Funny thing, I honest don't remember B-K pooping grenades in the game, though I'm sure it would make Snake proud.

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
I think what they meant is not all Pokemon data will be in Sword and Shield TO BEGIN WITH. My theory is that they'll start adding more and more variety of Pokemon to raids.
Thats actually we were hoping for, future patches to complete the dex
if not then it'll suck, all my hard bred pokemon just stuck in USUM

till then Ima save my money for that awesome Animal Crossing game (or banjo remake IF there is one)

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Wait, what??? Is Gamefreak cutting pokemon from S&S?? If so, they better be cutting only the pokemon that nobody ever uses (like all those crappy normal types that you get at the beginning of the game and never use like Ratata or Furret).
The thing is.... every Pokemon is someone's favorite. If my Pokemon got cut (say Banette and Oshawott) I'd be sad or felt left out. It also bastardizes the very spirit of Pokemon "to catch them all". Also some (like me) loves transferring their Pokemon from game to game, I transffer my haunter and banette every game because I have a special connection with them. What happens if someone's special pokemon cant be transferred? That would SUCK

Firox

Smash Master
The thing is.... every Pokemon is someone's favorite. If my Pokemon got cut (say Banette and Oshawott) I'd be sad or felt left out. It also bastardizes the very spirit of Pokemon "to catch them all". Also some (like me) loves transferring their Pokemon from game to game, I transffer my haunter and banette every game because I have a special connection with them. What happens if someone's special pokemon cant be transferred? That would SUCK
You're so right. This would be the first game where it's IMPOSSIBLE to "catch them all". What kind of BS is that?! I really hope they don't cut too many.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
A lot has happened since the reveal, so im going to try and not make this sound like im rambling.
-Banjo Kazooie looks genuinley fun to play. 100% going to main. Love the call backs and im curious how the golden feathers and different egg types work.
-Also wondering how spiral mountains spinning feature is going to work, and if that screenshot with gruntildas lair in clear shot with the bridge built is actually a boss arena for Grunty, like how there are 2 Dracula castles(one for the stage and one for the boss).
-Regarding the new Banjo switch game listed on Amazon, im not going to put too much thought into it tbh. We still havent heard anything regarding those Metroid Prime Trilogy and Pikmin 3 lostings in best buy, so this could be some weird screw up. I think were in for a remake a couple years after Banjos dlc drops and (presumably) sells well. Then if/when that sells well, a new game.
Also, could I be included in this thank you card as Austin? Thanks.

LMatt

Smash Rookie
Im gonna be direct with you all
The news about "not all Pokemon data will be on Sword/Shield" made me salty and angry
Sakurai on Ultimate: 'Everyone is here!'

Gamefreak on Sword/Shield: 'Yeaaaaaa......about that.'
Well you can't possibly expect them to code more than 800 pokémon with different properties, animations, abilities, moves and all that into every game, especially when they keep creating around 100 new ones for each one. Unless you want to wait even longer for every new installment in the series.

It was only a matter of time before they started focusing only on a regional dex so that they could invest more time in the rest of the game.

I'm sad as well, maybe I won't be able to use my favorites. But then again, it'll have me trying out new pokémon and find new ones I like.

It's not that bad really, I'm sure they are going to keep rotating the pokémon available in each new game.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Watching Zero's analysis of Banjo & Kazooie (never believed I'd ever say that). Not into competitive, so I have no clue if they'll be good or not for that scene. Just fun to think of the possibilities of how they could play (although it would be nice if they were a high enough tier that people play as them).

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I can see why some fans would be annoyed by that decision of limiting Pokemon in Sword & Shield , But it doesn't bother me too much since I always start with a fresh new team each generation and try to mainly stick to the new pokemon within the region.

But fans are also not viewing it from a developer perspective, It's a lot of hard work to put into all that development on 8 generations of Pokemon and I'm not too surprised they had to make compromises.

It's almost like how the Smash team had to cut out trophies from Ultimate because it took to much resources, time and effort.

But It would be nice if they can make a patch update to increase the national dex if possible.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I am still in awe over the duo returning home.

Can we just appreciate that when Banjo does the victory sign, a good chunk of Nintendo characters were apart of the screen? They could have just left it as only Banjo and Kazooie, but no...the family was there to welcome them home.

I can wait for fall. We have been waiting for so long, it will feel like a breeze when the time arrives.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I can see why some fans would be annoyed by that decision of limiting Pokemon in Sword & Shield , But it doesn't bother me too much since I always start with a fresh new team each generation and try to mainly stick to the new pokemon within the region.

But fans are also not viewing it from a developer perspective, It's a lot of hard work to put into all that development on 8 generations of Pokemon and I'm not too surprised they had to make compromises.

It's almost like how the Smash team had to cut out trophies from Ultimate because it took to much resources, time and effort.

But It would be nice if they can make a patch update to increase the national dex if possible.
Absolutely so. GameFreak is a small company despite developing such a big game, so I'm surprised they didn't attempt to double their development team size to accommodate it. Also, people are really jumping the gun with this info. We still have 5 more months of opportunity for information! I'm sure they'll announce something in regards to PokeDex patching.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I made a rough mock-up of what their HUD might look like in game.

damage-bk.png

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt and Banjo & Kazooie are similar yet very different. I love it!

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Dose Anyone else feel like there heart & soul has healed ?
Oh yes my soul is feeling very comfy right now. Now I'm going to try and be the best Banjo-Kazooie player in my state once they release. Or at least one of them. haha

Last edited:

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107

Well you can't possibly expect them to code more than 800 pokémon with different properties, animations, abilities, moves and all that into every game, especially when they keep creating around 100 new ones for each one. Unless you want to wait even longer for every new installment in the series.

It was only a matter of time before they started focusing only on a regional dex so that they could invest more time in the rest of the game.

I'm sad as well, maybe I won't be able to use my favorites. But then again, it'll have me trying out new pokémon and find new ones I like.

It's not that bad really, I'm sure they are going to keep rotating the pokémon available in each new game.
Well I too start fresh every region. Its just jarring, honestly I did expect them cutting Pokemon because 900+ Pokemon is too big but then again they reuse assets every game which is a bit sus AF

If I have to speculate they will have another Pokemon Stadium/Battle Revolution like game where you can just transfer every Pokemon and focus on battling.

Oh well~ Ill just play smash and AC for a while, Banjo aside I think The Hero is going to be BROKEN.

gamer8

Smash Lord
If you guys have been watching a ton of reaction videos like me and want to see Japanese reactions to Banjo-Kazooie, paste バンカズ into Youtube or Nicovideo. Some pretty happy reactions from them from what I've watched so far!

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Sorry to keep everyone in suspense, but the day has been hectic as you can imagine.

We'll definitely be tallying everyone up and putting a thank you card together for Sakurai soon, everyone on the support list will be included as well!
Count me in as Peter (MrGameguycolor) Sianis

The Smash Team deserve another big thank you for being back Rareware at it's greatest!

Top Bottom