• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

J-Boog

Smash Rookie
On a slightly unrelated note, the Raptors could win the NBA championships on Mon, then banjo could be revealed on Tues . What an exciting week!

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Apparently this has come up, thoughts?
This is hardly a deconfirmation of anything. It just means that Banjo's figure won't be for Nintendo controllers if anything. The fact the figure exists at all is already fine enough "evidence".

Its still coming along, Slowly, but surely. Added ColtonS25 ColtonS25 , @SonicSmasher1 , Ctoan Ctoan , Datboigeno Datboigeno , and @JDCabrera .

Again, if you haven't inboxed me with the Avatar of your choosing, It'll be hard to find your request through the ocean of replies, so please and thank you.

(I can't Draw Anime characters to save my life, so if you request an Anime avatar, I want to deeply apologize in advance)

View attachment 226687
Love it dude!

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This makes me wonder if people who gave the information to various leakers was using this as evidence.

I hope not, cause that would just deflate a ton of speculation...
I doubt that this was used as evidence as none of the leakers mentioned that Banjo Kazooie would be Nintendo's property again.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I am hoping the Banjo kazooie cable guy lets banjo hold xbox/PS controllers & kazooie can hold joycons in each..???..wing/hands ???

D

Deleted member

The more i think about it, the more i realize how much a magnitude reveal Banjo is. Unlike Ridley and K.Rool, whose reveals copyright-wise were a non-issue, Banjo is much different beast. He's owned by the supposed competition, and yet and the chances of him happening look real plausible. I think that ownership-wise, this could be the most earth shattering reveal since Snake (who introduced Third Parties in general) because of what he signifies: A Collaboration between former competitors. Banjo will be a trendsetter in this regard.

By the time Sonic started beign seen as a choice for Brawl, SEGA was just another Third Party, just like every other one out there (Square, Konami, Capcom, etc) no matter how pro-Nintendo or anit-Nintendo they may seem. Microsoft on the other hand is still part of the console business, so this paints a very different situation.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Listen, I dont expect Microsoft to be so buddy buddy with Nintendo that Banjo's rights magically returned to them out of nowhere. Thats not how the game works.

What i truly expect is the series to get revived via a duology remake or a 3rd true game and be Microsoft exclusive, BUT Banjo joins smash in celebration of it. Thats it. The series gets revived tomorrow at the microsoft conference, people get 2 days worth of Banjo love and possibly a demo, the BAM, Nintendo drops Banjo during the direct (maybe even another character as well) while mentioning Microsoft being a collaborator.

Microsoft still is a competitor, and they still need their exclusives, but im sure they understand Banjo's history with Nintendo. Both sides win here.

Last edited:

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
I'm watching the stream for the smash tourney and boy, I wish there was a stream with no announcers . I don't need analysis for smash, I can see whats happening. one person killed the other person. got it.

EDIT: also I don't really expect an announcement of anything here other than, "keep your eyes open the next few days for smash news". Feels like too small of an event, only like 19k people watching.

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Ok I’m watching the tournament, and maybe I’m just insanely paranoid, but one of the announcers said she was leaving and EE said “okay we’ll DLC you later! Hahaha”

Freudian slip?

EDIT: LMAO THE TWITCH CHAT AND SABI’S DISCORD JUST BLEW UP AFTER HE SAID THAT

Last edited:

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
Haven't read this entire thread, but does anyone remember Diddy Kong Racing (released in 1997)? That game featured Diddy Kong, Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Timber, Krunch, and a number of other characters all in the same game.

If Banjo & Kazooie are added to Ultimate as a DLC fighter, perhaps they will add elements of Diddy Kong Racing (such as a stage / music) as well.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Listen, I dont expect Microsoft to be so buddy buddy with Nintendo that Banjo's rights magically returned to them out of nowhere. Thats not how the game works.

What i truly expect is the series to get revived via a duology remake or a 3rd true game and be Microsoft exclusive, BUT Banjo joins smash in celebration of it. Thats it. The series gets revived tomorrow at the microsoft conference, people get 2 days worth of Banjo love and possibly a demo, the BAM, Nintendo drops Banjo during the direct (maybe even another character as well) while mentioning Microsoft being a collaborator.

Microsoft still is a competitor, and they still need their exclusives, but im sure they understand Banjo's history with Nintendo. Both sides win here.
See, that's perfectly sensible, except for the fact that Cuphead already came to Switch. There is already precedent for former Xbox exclusives making the jump to Nintendo. And given Phil Spencer's eagerness to share the Banjo IP in particular... man, I dunno. Never say never.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Haven't read this entire thread, but does anyone remember Diddy Kong Racing from the late 1990s? That game featured Diddy Kong, Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Timber, Krunch, and a number of other characters all in the same game.

If Banjo & Kazooie are added to Ultimate as a DLC fighter, perhaps they will add elements of Diddy Kong Racing (such as a stage / music) as well.
I'd say the most we'd get would be music. If Banjo comes in, we'll get a Banjo stage, not a DKR stage. It wouldn't really make sense.

Fighting and jamming to the Wizpig race theme would be sick, though, not gonna lie.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
Haven't read this entire thread, but does anyone remember Diddy Kong Racing from the late 1990s? That game featured Diddy Kong, Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Timber, Krunch, and a number of other characters all in the same game.

Kind of doubt it. Maybe music? but considering it was diddy kong racing, and diddy is already in the game and theres nothing I know of, looks grim. Also in the DS remake they removed Banjo so makes it feel less canon now.

Although banjo does reference Diddy kong racing in Nuts and Bolts in a cheeky way.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

I think that's actually an interesting route to take. A few Banjo-Kazooie spirits (Grunty, Mumbo, Klungo, Bottles) of the most important characters and then some Spirits related to Rare's other N64 games (Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, DKR, Perfect Dark, etc).

As a Banjo fan, I'd be a little disappointed that I can't fight Tooie's bosses... but at the same time, it's a good homage and (in case we get some collaboration between Rare and Microsoft in the future involving the old N64 titles) it would be a good way to introduce new players to these characters.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Ok I’m watching the tournament, and maybe I’m just insanely paranoid, but one of the announcers said she was leaving and EE said “okay we’ll DLC you later! Hahaha”

Freudian slip?
This needs more attention, it’s the best indication so far that something might actually happen.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Only expecting an announcement of an announcement tonight. Something along the lines of "Don't forget to tune in on Tuesday to see the reveal of our next DLC fighter".

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Its still coming along, Slowly, but surely. Added ColtonS25 ColtonS25 , @SonicSmasher1 , Ctoan Ctoan , Datboigeno Datboigeno , and @JDCabrera .

Again, if you haven't inboxed me with the Avatar of your choosing, It'll be hard to find your request through the ocean of replies, so please and thank you.

(I can't Draw Anime characters to save my life, so if you request an Anime avatar, I want to deeply apologize in advance)

View attachment 226687
Are you still adding people to this?
If so, I'd like to be added in with my current profile picture if possible.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Either that's a mistake, or Nintendo actually did buy the Banjo-Kazooie IP. I'm leaning more towards it being a mistake, but I would love to see Nintendo handle a new BK game and BK in Smash.
Or Nintendo made a secret deal with Rare and Microsoft to allow Banjo to return to his real home and a few Switch exclusive appearances for maybe 3 years.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Not news but still funny. The gets are strong with us, bros and sisters.
20190608_181418.jpg

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

View attachment 226687
Wow. That’s actually perfect. I love how absolutely done with everything Elma looks. Everyone else has some concern or surprise, yet Elma’s just there, mildly annoyed. Thank you for this.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Well. This may be it. Banjo may actually may make his debut. While I wouldn't consider myself a Banjo and Kazooie fan (only played through a portion of the game on an emulator plus I did enjoy what I did play of it) he represents a pretty important video game genre in my life, platformers. The overall influence the Banjo series has had is big and that makes Banjo important in his own way to me. It may not be in the standard fan way but it's something. I hope that his big chance has finally come. I'm pledging my support.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Not that I don't love this 3v3 tourney that few if any people are taking seriously, but how much longer realistically would it be before a trophy presentation and possible DLC trailer?

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
Not that I don't love this 3v3 tourney that few if any people are taking seriously, but how much longer realistically would it be before a trophy presentation and possible DLC trailer?
we're currently in semi-finals matches so not much longer

I've been told to not expect anything because sakurai's not there and he doesn't care about these tournaments

where as The Splatoon Devs do

i do hope for A DLC Reveal because again if they expected fans to just watch all of this crap and not be disappointed when they have no reveal at the end(especially after a commentator said We'll DLC Ya Later) they really are clueless

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
we're currently in semi-finals matches so not much longer

I've been told to not expect anything because sakurai's not there and he doesn't care about these tournaments

where as The Splatoon Devs do

i do hope for A DLC Reveal because again if they expected fans to just watch all of this crap and not be disappointed when they have no reveal at the end(especially after a commentator said We'll DLC Ya Later) they really are clueless
They aren't obligated to reveal anything during this tourney.

I mean, I'll happily eat my hat if they end up showing someone but this is being kinda selfish.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You know, after thinking about it, it's very possible that whole "DLC you later" line was just a joke that's a play on "See you later" and doesn't really mean anything.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
This is hardly a deconfirmation of anything. It just means that Banjo's figure won't be for Nintendo controllers if anything. The fact the figure exists at all is already fine enough "evidence".
I know it doesnt deconfirm anything. Just putting it there since people thought it was real :0

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
They aren't obligated to reveal anything during this tourney.
what company is obligated to do anything? they could just not do anything at E3 because it's not like they have to be there or even have a direct ready

I'm just saying at this point gameplay alone isn't enough to get most fans to care about this tournament due to how long ultimate's been out

you have to leave the fans with something to get the hype rolling for E3...to just end with nothing would be more than disappointing

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
what company is obligated to do anything? they could just not do anything at E3 because it's not like they have to be there or even have a direct ready

I'm just saying at this point gameplay alone isn't enough to get most fans to care about this tournament due to how long ultimate's been out

you have to leave the fans with something to get the hype rolling for E3...to just end with nothing would be more than disappointing
You're not wrong, Nintendo isn't obligated to have a direct for E3 or even attend E3 at all. Not that it matters this E3 since they're attending it anyway.

Perhaps I should reword what I said: it you end up getting disappointed because they didn't reveal the next DLC character at the end of this tourney, that's your fault. Not Nintendo's.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Aww, I'm a little sad that the American team didn't make it to the finals. Oh well, at least we're into the final round so this be wrapping up relatively soon.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Maybe I'm speaking too soon, but today sure has been boring. I didn't seriously expect an announcement today, but a part of me still wanted to believe.

Top Bottom