• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Never mind. Splatoon's tournament is apparently still go.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yep and I’m HYPED! Note how it is says it’s COMPATIBLE with PlayStation and Xbox meaning it was designed specifically for NINTENDO
I think what that means is it's not listed as compatible with Switch, which I would expect given their design. But I don't think it was designed for Nintendo, and I'm thinking now Nintendo signifies that it's the N64 version of the characters and not the Xbox version.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think what that means is it's not listed as compatible with Switch, which I would expect given their design. But I don't think it was designed for Nintendo, and I'm thinking now Nintendo signifies that it's the N64 version of the characters and not the Xbox version.
That makes a lot of sense. It having a Nintendo logo/etc. fits that factor. It's more like they're the publisher, but it doesn't mean it's on their system. If you want an apt comparison.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I played a bit of Banjo-Kazooie, since I'm nostalgic for it for some mysterious reason, and the Xbox 360 achievements seem easy enough to get (with the possible exception of getting all 900 notes, but thankfully, notes are permanently collected once you get them, even if that did lead to a major glitch with Bottles' puzzles).

I did not remember that Mad Monster Mansion, Rusty Bucket Bay, and Click Clock Woods have no new moves from Bottles whatsoever, so I was surprised to see the achievement for getting all of Banjo and Kazooie's moves pop up during Freezeezy Peak. (I unlocked it before Gobi's Valley, but I figure I should prioritize getting the Running Shoes since they're almost necessary for the Mr. Vile minigame, and definitely necessary for Freezeezy Peak)

Still, it seems weird to see the game open with empty sky where the Nintendo logo should be.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If they are using the old design wouldn't it be better to just call it Classic and not Nintendo? It's not like Nintendo owns the original design but not the character it belongs to.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Mario Maker tournament ran long earlier, so still might be awhile, I’d wager like 30 minutes but I’m not watching, so who knows.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they are using the old design wouldn't it be better to just call it Classic and not Nintendo? It's not like Nintendo owns the original design but not the character it belongs to.
It is weird. But this also makes me believe Banjo-Kazooie is getting another Nintendo appearance soon as well to coincide with it, Smash or otherwise.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Honestly expecting nothing at this point. Id love to be wrong, but i feel like they would have stressed an announcement at the tourney if there was one

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Apparently this has come up, thoughts?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Yo, Swop Swop , do me an add, bro! (But if you don't get to me that's okay.)

It's easy to see why. Halo is still a massive franchise and genre-defining(it literally spawned a whole new style of FPS. BK, as awesome as it is, did not spawn the idea of 3D collectathons. Super Mario 64 started that), and Master Chief is a major gaming icon, instantly recognizable to pretty much everyone.
Oh, I don't think so. Mario 64 was the first 3D platformer with actually responsive analog controls, but it's by no means a collect-a-thon. The stars are basically glorified flagpoles. That whole "collecting" genre was definitely started by Banjo-Kazooie.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
My thoughts are people need to quit jumping at the tiniest thing in hopes of it confirming Banjo. Wait till there's actual evidence or just a couple of days till the direct.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, I don't think so. Mario 64 was the first 3D platformer with actually responsive analog controls, but it's by no means a collect-a-thon. The stars are basically glorified flagpoles. That whole "collecting" genre was definitely started by Banjo-Kazooie.
Super Mario 64 is definitely a collecathon. It literally is no different. It doesn't have regular "end goals". You're collecting the stars in a completely different way. It's a huge change-up from previous games. There is no actual end of the course for almost every stage. You're looking far and wide for specific stars, with the only thing that it gives you a slight hint and can set it up to "go for that star". Let's not forget the Red Coin challenges and 100 coins thing. It's intended to be based more around collection than "end of level" like previous games. It's a mix of genres.

The collectathon genre was started by Donkey Kong Country first. It was specifically designed that way. Banjo-Kazooie is just an improvement on what Super Mario 64 showed off in 3D, by making it not nearly as "end goal"-based. They're still pretty much the same core idea, collect specific things to unlock stuff by looking all over the various worlds.

It is strange to see that Donkey Kong 64 came out later on, heh.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That’s actually pretty funny. Some random website made up a bunch of false/vague info and people ate it up hook line and sinker.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
30 minutes already late on the smash tournament… I don't expect anything from it but this is just ridiculous too, lol.
EqualIncomparableKiskadee-max-1mb.gif

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That’s actually pretty funny. Some random website made up a bunch of false/vague info and people ate it up hook line and sinker.
This makes me wonder if people who gave the information to various leakers was using this as evidence.

I hope not, cause that would just deflate a ton of speculation...

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
This perhaps goes to show that you should probably wait it out to get real info or confirmation than to jump on anything you see. Though it isnt bad to get at least a little excited when you first see these types of things.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's my fault for getting somewhat worked up like this, but,

Karma is a royal pain in the ass. Everyone was all over the whole "OMG OMG BANJO IS HAPPENING" thing. Pestering people on Twitter non-stop for info rather than just shutting up and letting news come as it unfolds. So annoying to see.

If Banjo doesn't get in anyways, it'll actually be so damn funny. Disappointing, but so damn funny.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
This makes me wonder if people who gave the information to various leakers was using this as evidence.

I hope not, cause that would just deflate a ton of speculation...
I might have to leave this thread for awhile if that’s the case. That is a fallout I want nothing to do with.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, they're showing a video at the end of the Splatoon tournament for the final Splatfest, so while I'm still not expecting anything from Smash, it's definitely interesting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, that'd be one Hype Trainwreck. But honestly, I don't think the more reputable leakers would report just based on something like this.
Nor do I. I hope not, at least. I was disappointed to learn that the entire reason a ton of insiders/leakers were thinking it's Erdrick was just because of the datamine, with no real evidence to begin with. Just a decent guess.

I might have to leave this thread for awhile if that’s the case. That is a fallout I want nothing to do with.
If it helps, the moderation will be here. I'm going to be very adamant about issues caused by others, regardless of who we get in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ok but Banjo’s chances are still high right?
Absolutely. Even ignoring this weird leak, you still have Shinobi, the constant merchandise, and knowing that they're highly requested. They're easily a great option for the first truly Western character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Okay guys, how do you think Banjo & Kazooie's reveal trailer will be like? I imagine Mario, DK, and Diddy being present in their reveal trailer in some shape or form.

If this is what I think it means, I got my wish! I've kind of hoped that Nintendo would buy Banjo Kazooie and it looks like it may be happening. Now all that needs to happen is for Playtonic to be hired by Nintendo and bam! We got the real Rare back!
Imagine that and Nintendo having the old Rare team developing Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country games at Retro Studios. Man that would be the dream.

Yo, Swop Swop The stars are basically glorified flagpoles. That whole "collecting" genre was definitely started by Banjo-Kazooie.
This! Somebody else sees this besides myself.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, it looks like they're going straight into the matches now, which means if, and that's a MASSIVE if, we get some sort of reveal, it'll be at the very end once the tournament's done and they're presenting medals and whatnot.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Okay, they're showing a video at the end of the Splatoon tournament for the final Splatfest, so while I'm still not expecting anything from Smash, it's definitely interesting.
Two things worthy of note: Mario Maker didn't have anything, but Splatoon did. So if we get anything, It'll be after the tournament. Don't hold your breath, though.

Another thing is that there's still one more Splatfest before the final one that was just announced, so (again, if there is something), it would corroborate with the info we have on when the news tab for the current version expires. Meaning that there's a chance we might not get any releases until one week after the E3 Direct itself.

Hoo, boy. If Banjo is announced, that'll be one very long week.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
This definitely probably won't happen at all but what if they reveal Banjo at this tournament, they show a new Banjo game at Xbox's press conference, and then they'll show off a new fighter whoever that may be on Nintendo's presentation.

Last edited:

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
With all this stuff about merch, rumors, etc. I honestly think if we are going to get Banjo and Kazooie, it's going to be much more than a Smash reveal. Because of that, I don't think they'll do it until at or after Microsoft's conference.

That being said though, I don't think it would a new game. Otherwise Grant Kirkhope would be in the know and more silent because he'd have composed music for the trailer by now.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I don’t expect Banjo in the tournament, it’ll be too sudden.

He’s someone to save for Tuesday and the Nintendo/Mircosoft conferences.

I expect a Square character if they’ll reveal Challenger 2#

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Hey, why the gloom and doom? Yeah, that Cable Guy thing turned out to be fake, but y'all need to stop acting like every tiny disappointment somehow topples the massive pile of facts we have on our side. C'mon, guys, there'll be time enough for crying after E3 if nothing happens.

Also, every single time someone says "Cable Guy" on this thread, I think of the Jim Carrey movie.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I don’t expect Banjo in the tournament, it’ll be too sudden.

He’s someone to save for Tuesday and the Nintendo/Mircosoft conferences.

I expect a Square character if they’ll reveal Challenger 2#
Yeah, especially considering the invitationals seem, for the most part, aimed at an audience that is in-between core and casual. Banjo is a great pleaser for the core community, but for the majority of the people watching the 3v3? I dunno...

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Well I guess that just means Microsoft still owns Banjo Kazooie. It's a shame they aren't with Nintendo but hey, at least it doesn't deconfirm them.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Hey, why the gloom and doom? Yeah, that Cable Guy thing turned out to be fake, but y'all need to stop acting like every tiny disappointment somehow topples the massive pile of facts we have on our side. C'mon, guys, there'll be time enough for crying after E3 if nothing happens.

Also, every single time someone says "Cable Guy" on this thread, I think of the Jim Carrey movie.
Yeah it's as if Shinobi's tease, vergeben's support (I always think he was believable, we'll see for the dlc) and all the merch along other insiders stating it is really possible goes down the drain. C'mon guys Banjo's chances are higher than ever, yeah hype responsibly and bla bla bla but I think the evidence-rumors are way too much for us to get sad because of this

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Its still coming along, Slowly, but surely. Added ColtonS25 ColtonS25 , CannonStreak CannonStreak , Ctoan Ctoan , Datboigeno Datboigeno , and @JDCabrera .

Again, if you haven't inboxed me with the Avatar of your choosing, It'll be hard to find your request through the ocean of replies, so please and thank you.

(I can't Draw Anime characters to save my life, so if you request an Anime avatar, I want to deeply apologize in advance)

Smashboards banjo reactions.jpg

Top Bottom