• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Someone tried to claim he got the roster for MvC:I wrong but that was actually Ryce. I've yet to see anyone bring up the things Shinobi got wrong
People still believe Verge even after everything he's got wrong.

Shinobi is far more credible.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
INB4 Banjo is a Mii costume and Steve is playable, therefore The post was still correct.

......okay, instead of beign a jerk, let's make a bet.

If Banjo IS CONFIRMED AT E3, i will:

-Change my avatar to an Anime Girl for a week.
-Buy Senran Kagura Peach Ball in PHYSICAL FORM.
-I will post a screenshot to proove that i own the game.

SCREENCAP THIS, QUOTE ME ON YOUR SIGNATURE. That's how pessimistic i am. Sakurai, Nintendo, Microsoft, I will gladly take the L.
You act like this is a bad thing to do.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
I think a stage that takes us through the different parts of Grunty's Lair from the first game ala Delfino Plaza and Skyloft would be amazing. Wouldn't make it competitively viable, but whatever.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Well, Ryu and Sonic don't have their best designs (SF2 and chubby og Sonic)
I feel like the Ryu and Sonic they chose were appropriate for Smash. As cool as having OG Chubby Sonic would be, I feel like modern Sonic fits more with everyone honestly. And Ryu is basically Street Fighter 2 Ryu updated and modernized and honestly I think they did him and Ken way better than even Capcom did in SF5.

This... is all I've ever really wanted. To see these humongous video game franchises collide and honored in one humongous video game hall of fame. And to have Banjo & Kazooie possibly be counted among them would be a literal dream come true. I really hope this is finally their time and our time to shine. Just remember to hype and 'GUH-HUH' responsibly, everyone!

ze9

Smash Ace
So, what would you guys like to see as Banjo & Kazooie's classic mode?
I have two ideas.

NINTENDO 64 REUNION
-VS Mario (Princess Peach's Castle) (music: Bob-omb Battlefield)
-VS Young Link (Gerudo Valley) (music: Hyrule Field OOT)
-VS Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokèmon Trainer, Mewtwo (Pokèmon Stadium) (music: Pokèmon Center)
-VS Yoshi (Super Happy Tree) (music: Yoshi's Story main theme)
-VS Fox & Falco (Corneria) (music: Starfox 64 main theme)
-VS Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong (Jungle Japes) (music: DK Rap)
-Master Hand

Or, they could get a bit more creative and do something like this.
TEAMWORK BATTLES
-VS Ice Climbers (The Summit) (music: Freezeezy Peak)
-VS Pokèmon Trainer (Pokèmon Stadium) (music: Mr. Patch)
-VS Olimar (Distant Planet) (music: Click Clock Wood)
-VS Rosalina & Luma (Mario Galaxy) (music: Cloud Cuckooland)
-VS Joker (Mementos) (music: Rusty Bucker Bay), or if they can't use Joker, VS Peach (Princess Peach's Castle) (music: Gruntilda's Lair)
-VS Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt) (music: Spiral Mountain)
-VS Master Hand & Crazy Hand

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So, has anyone given the hype breaks a gentle tap to see if they're still working? No?

checks breaks, sees pedal go all the way to the floor with no visible decrease in speed

Huh... We're going somewhere awfully fast Banjo fans!

D

Deleted member

That would be a bit cruel to the steve fans now that I think about it
Indeed, as much as i like Banjo in Smash, the idea of Steve fans getting their hopes up only to be dashing into pieces due to leaks (which is very likely our fate too, nothing is set in stone yet) is really sad. On the same level as Isaac, Chorus Kids an others.

........buuuuuut at the same time i can't help but fantasize about 4Chan's Grotesque Steve beign 7 Page Muda'd by Banjo. Steve fans in general do seem to dislike Grotesque Steve anyway so i don't feel guilty at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I have two ideas.

NINTENDO 64 REUNION
-VS Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokèmon Trainer, Mewtwo (Pokèmon Stadium) (music: Pokèmon Center)
-Master Hand

Or, they can be could get a bit more creative and do something like this.
TEAMWORK BATTLES
-VS Joker (Mementos) (music: Rusty Bucker Bay), or if they can't use Joker, VS Peach (Princess Peach's Castle) (music: Gruntilda's Lair)
I like both, honestly. The N64 one is more appealing to me, but the team comp fights seem more unique... hm. Choices.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Hello SonicSmasher1! This question is for everyone but I would like to hear your thoughts as well, I have not been online at all today as I was at a Soccer tournament and I come online to find out that our boy Banjo got some incredible evidence today! I already read it and think that if Shinobi602 has this incredible track record than I hope we will see Banjo in Smash hopefully as early as Saturday and at latest next week, so what are your thoughts on the subject? (As well as everyone else! I would love to hear your guys thoughts!)

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I have two ideas.

NINTENDO 64 REUNION
-Master Hand

TEAMWORK BATTLES
I Really like this idea!

BZocky

Smash Ace
I have two ideas.

NINTENDO 64 REUNION
-Master Hand

TEAMWORK BATTLES
For me, the first route and the final boss is Grunty.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Oh I do hope that Grunty is a boss or at least a stage hazard and hope she throws her rhymes at the fighters! Also there should be various Banjo-Kazooie characters in the background such as Bottles, Tooty, Klungo, L.O.G, Gobi, Conga, and maybe some other Rare characters like Conker or Joanna (this one seems a little bit of a stretch)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If Banjo is in Smash Ultimate I’m like 90% sure it would become my favorite game of all time. From Mario to Pokemon to Mega Man to MGS to DKC to Persona to Banjo, basically all my favorite video game franchises, from childhood to adulthood, would be in one game.

I think this is it.
I can't emphasize this enough. So much of my passion for gaming would be wrapped up into a single game (Well, it already is with Ultimate, everything else makes it even better). Ironically the biggest character I'd probably be missing from my own gaming life would be Master Chief representing Halo (The music alone would be incredible to have in Smash). I'd kill to see a double reveal of him and Banjo in E3, but that almost certainly isn't happening.

Also, love a fellow Makoto fan haha.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Indeed, as much as i like Banjo in Smash, the idea of Steve fans getting their hopes up only to be dashing into pieces due to leaks (which is very likely our fate too, nothing is set in stone yet) is really sad. On the same level as Isaac, Chorus Kids an others.

........buuuuuut at the same time i can't help but fantasize about 4Chan's Grotesque Steve beign 7 Page Muda'd by Banjo. Steve fans in general do seem to dislike Grotesque Steve anyway so i don't feel guilty at all.
If Banjo gets in, even Speedwagon will be impressed.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I hope it's Banjo that's released directly after or soon after the direct. Having to wait another 3 months for Banjo to come out would be torture.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
I hope it's Banjo that's released directly after or soon after the direct. Having to wait another 3 months for Banjo to come out would be torture.
True that. Odds are we're getting two reveals with one character releasing very shortly after. I'm just praying that character is Banjo.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
If Banjo actually get's in I will legit cry. I have been waiting forever for this!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Grinch was our Infinity War
E3 is our Endgame
This comment is gold.

It's legacy XP. SWEET! They are also adding in Megaman X at some point. Also, Geno is playable is Legacy XP. Damn, my nipples are so hard right now.
Guess who else is coming to Legacy XP:

Pasta power!

If Banjo is in Smash Ultimate I’m like 90% sure it would become my favorite game of all time. From Mario to Pokemon to Mega Man to MGS to DKC to Persona to Banjo, basically all my favorite video game franchises, from childhood to adulthood, would be in one game.

I think this is it.
Would that be 100% percent if by some miracle if we get Dixie Kong as well?

ze9

Smash Ace
I also want an Eggs spirit fight. Blue Kirby, Red Kirby with the fiery curry effect, Green Kirby with a Bob-omb, White Kirby with a Freezie and Black Kirby with a Bombchu all ganging up against you.

Damn, I'm getting hyped.

D

Deleted member

I find this to be likely. I mean it happened last time with E3's big DLC reveal (Ryu) so i expect the same to show up here. Of course that means the Servers would go:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I also want an Eggs spirit fight. Blue Kirby, Red Kirby with the fiery curry effect, Green Kirby with a Bob-omb, White Kirby with a Freezie and Black Kirby with a Bombchu all ganging up against you.

Damn, I'm getting hyped.
Eggs? As in this?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I find this to be likely. I mean it happened last time with E3's big DLC reveal (Ryu) so i expect the same to show up here. Of course that means the Servers would go:
I would consider Banjo to be a lot more popular in the smash community then Joker. And Joker still shut the servers down for like 3 hours when he released. Banjo might be a full day

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
If Banjo actually get's in I will legit cry. I have been waiting forever for this!
I'm watching the direct with my siblings. If Banjo gets in trust me that there'll be a big group hug with cheers and jumps like if we just won the Super Bowl or something. That happened when Snake showed up in last year's Smash trailer and it was great <3

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It will be like Cloud 10 fold on the Eshop when Banjo & Kazooie hit. Most people might not be able to get them for 24 hours because of how many people that will be on the servers lol.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The Nintendo direct starts an hour before my class starts. And I normally leave an hour before class starts to make it there on time. That means if I am going to watch it I need to leave for school two hours in advance so I can still watch the direct and be to class on time. A soul for a soul I guess.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Oh I do hope that Grunty is a boss or at least a stage hazard and hope she throws her rhymes at the fighters! Also there should be various Banjo-Kazooie characters in the background such as Bottles, Tooty, Klungo, L.O.G, Gobi, Conga, and maybe some other Rare characters like Conker or Joanna (this one seems a little bit of a stretch)
Please no more stage bosses. It's one of the few Sakurai mechanics I truly despise, though I might be willing to compromise if the Hazardless option didn't screw up the regular stage like Willy's Castle (Seriously could he have not just left the moving platforms on that one).

True that. Odds are we're getting two reveals with one character releasing very shortly after. I'm just praying that character is Banjo.
I wouldn't really says odds are we're getting two. Hell, Banjo Kazooie is potentially a big enough bombshell to just leave it at that if he's truly our next character. Especially if he doesn't actually drop at E3 and shows up later than expected. Not that I'm sure the Smash community would really care how long it takes til the next one at that point lol.

D

Deleted member

So..........are we the only ones hyping up here, or is anyone else in the other threads just as intersed? What about the Socials? Are they taking notice of this? or are they still strictly on the Steve and Erdrick camp?

ze9

Smash Ace
I don't know how I'd react to Banjo's trailer.
Despite the overwhelming hype, I didn't really emote that much when they revelead Ridley and K. Rool, but with them I also had this feeling of "well, that was about damn time". For Banjo it's not like that, up until one or two years ago I didn't even think of Banjo getting in Smash as a possibility, he's on a whole other level of unlikelihood.
Plus, there's the fact that Ridley as a character never went on any hiatus, and K. Rool felt like he could be brought back anytime, if Nintendo wished so. While Banjo... is like a childhood freind who left for another country and that you haven't seen or heard of for years and years and years and you thought you'd never see him again. Then he comes back and crashes the family party.

I guess this is just like how Mega Man's fans felt when he was unveiled at Smash 4's initial presentation. Or Simon's fans last summer. Or, in a smaller way, how Pac-man fans (myself included, in fact) felt when in a single trailer Sakurai destroyed the last 3-4 years of that horrible Ghostly Adventures design and gave the real Pac-man back to the world.
If on top of all that he really managed to bring back Banjo, Sakurai is truly the man of miracles.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
"so you finally got Banjo in smash."
"Yes"
"What did it cost you?"
"Geno or Sora"

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Whoops. I forgot. Just very excited!
For future reference, either use the Edit button to add more detail to your posts, or use the +Quote button if you want to quote multiple people. Also, just responding with "lol" is considered spam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom