• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"And Isaac, Shadow, Mach Rider, and the Chorus Kids."
I actually keep fantasizing about this being a Reverse Snap beyond Banjo. Granted I don't expect that many unique fighters to be revealed at E3.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I actually keep fantasizing about this being a Reverse Snap beyond Banjo. Granted I don't expect that many unique fighters to be revealed at E3.
Banjo and Geno would be all I'd need for this E3 to be the best one of all time, never to be topped by any other in the future. That won't happen because Geno's out, as far as I'm concerned, but oh man, bear and bird...

I really hope they make it. I got my emotions so brutally crushed over Shadow and ESPECIALLY over Geno. Banjo making it would heal my broken heart in a jiffy... or should I say in a jiggy?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
"I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless. Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives. Or should I say, Banjo finally has."

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Oh I just had a thought. I think I should give a quick precaution:

If Erdrick shows up in the direct as a reveal don't lose hope for Banjo until the very end of the direct, you know in case we get two reveals.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
About the servers: in case the other character is Erdrick, who would be huge in Japan, then I have absolutely no idea what the servers would go through for these two characters. I mean, the vast majority of the Smash base would get hooked by at least one of them.

ze9

Smash Ace
With all the rumors about Ori and Halo, I think there'll be a Microsoft section in the main Direct (maybe at the end), that'll be capped off with Banjo's reveal.
While Erdrick may get revealed right at the start, or even during the Smash Invitational.
Or maybe there will be a separate presentation detailing both. I don't know.

I just hope that this Shinobi guy hasn't pranked us.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
About the servers: in case the other character is Erdrick, who would be huge in Japan, then I have absolutely no idea what the servers would go through for these two characters. I mean, the vast majority of the Smash base would get hooked by at least one of them.
Which is why I feel a double reveal would make sense for this instance.

However if they are both available afterwards....The servers would be dead for a looooooong time.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

However if they are both available afterwards....The servers would be dead for a looooooong time.
I guess the servers can't handle two characters and the excitement their fans have for them.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Yeah, Erdrick for the East, Banjo for the West. Perfectly balanced, as... yeah, no, that joke has been done already.

Servers would get nuked for at least the same amount of time as in Joker launch.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, Erdrick for the East, Banjo for the West. Perfectly balanced, as... yeah, no, that joke has been done already.

Servers would get nuked for at least the same amount of time as in Joker launch.
And at most, a long time, maybe even a whole day. No one's probably going to be able to use them online by then, huh?

ze9

Smash Ace
I read this theory that stated that a good chunk of the next update has already been included in the 3.1.0, and thus downloaded by a majority of the users, so the E3 update with the new characters will be smaller than the last one (which had not only Joker and all his stuff, but new modes and balance changes) and the servers will satisty the requests quicklier.

But yeah, I think I'll just go to bed, or out for a couple of drinks, and download the characters the next day. I don't want to spend 2-3 hours refreshing a screen, lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I should mention that Gamexplain has posted a video on the subject.

Not only that, but it's narrated by Resetera's own Jon "Man this thread is just TOO BIG" Cartwright. He also "predicted" Simon Belmont in a Gamexplain Disscussion.

That is what keeps my interest.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Ugh, I feel like I had something semi-meaningful to say, but then I had to read like five pages of new posts and completely forgot about it. So I'll say this.

If Banjo and Kazooie have an N64-inspired Classic mode, the final boss has to be Ganon. Yeah, Master Hand was on the N64 too, but as huge a deal as Smash Bros. has become, no one really thinks of Master Hand himself as an icon.

As for the music I want in B and K's stage...

• Spiral Mountain
  • Gruntilda's Lair
  • Treasure Trove Cove
  • Click Clock Wood
  • Isle o' Hags
  • Mayahem Temple
  • Terrydactyland
  • Hailfire Peaks
  • Fun n' Games
  • Showdown Town

Originals are good, but the more remixes there are, the better.

EDIT: Wait, I remembered what I was going to say. "When I saw that GameXplain video, I guh-huh'd out of every orifice." Thank you for your time.

Good luck to you guys.

Personally, I do not believe Banjo is gonna happen.

But if it does, congrats. :)
Excuse you, I do not need negativity from someone with such exemplary taste in anime, please and thank you!

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ugh, I feel like I had something semi-meaningful to say, but then I had to read like five pages of new posts and completely forgot about it. So I'll say this.

If Banjo and Kazooie have an N64-inspired Classic mode, the final boss has to be Ganon. Yeah, Master Hand was on the N64 too, but as huge a deal as Smash Bros. has become, no one really thinks of Master Hand himself as an icon.

As for the music I want in B and K's stage...

• Spiral Mountain
  • Gruntilda's Lair
  • Treasure Trove Cove
  • Click Clock Wood
  • Isle o' Hags
  • Mayahem Temple
  • Terrydactyland
  • Hailfire Peaks
  • Fun n' Games
  • Showdown Town

Originals are good, but the more remixes there are, the better.

Excuse you, I do not need negativity from someone with such exemplary taste in anime, please and thank you!
Speaking of remixes, who would do them? I am sure Grant Kirkhope is out of the question since he is most likely not involved here.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I guarantee they will be done in house at Nintendo.
Oh, right. I thought about that, actually, but I was thinking maybe someone else would be involved from Rare? Probably not, but that is what I thought. I did know it would be in house at Nintendo, as you said, though.

D

Deleted member

I guarantee they will be done in house at Nintendo.
I hope we get remixes from the composers that worked in Smash Ultimate like ACE (who did K.Rool's Remix) Yoko Shimomura (who has remixed SF2 songs like Vega's theme) etc.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Speaking of remixes, who would do them? I am sure Grant Kirkhope is out of the question since he is most likely not involved here.
Give me anything from ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO). Guys behind some Xenoblade Chronicles 2 music and Gangplank Galleon remix on Ultimate!

EDIT: ^^^ Speedwagon gets it!

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Give me anything from ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO). Guys behind some Xenoblade Chronicles 2 music and Gangplank Galleon remix on Ultimate!
That'd work, actually. I wonder if any banjo sounds would be used, or the instruments in the music of the Banjo-Kazooie games in such remixes?

StormC

Smash Hero
Good lord this thread is popping. I think this is the last hurrah for a lot of us older Smash speculation folks; Banjo is the last one who has yet to be deconfirmed that a lot of us are invested in. I know I haven't posted here in a while until this news broke.

I'm basically out of S tier requests once he's in.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

I think Master Hand could work in this instance because the six characters represent different iconic N64 games, with Master Hand repping Smash 64 itself.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I guess my biggest hope for music is an orchestrated Banjo Medley in the style of Banjoland from Nuts & Bolts but more frantic and fitting for a fight:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Shinobi isn't lying or trolling. He has no reason to knowing that ResetEra and the Smash community would turn against him if he was. He's a credible leaker with inside information, so if he has reason to believe that Banjo is in Smash, I don't think he'd lie about it. He wouldn't want to risk his credibility on false information. Let's keep an eye out to see if he either backtracks or gets more information to fully confirm it.

GameXplain covering it also gives it more credibility. They didn't debunk it like they did the Grinch leak. If anything, Jon seemed to agree with it.

I'm not 100% in. I'd like one or two more credible leakers to also back Shinobi up, but I'm much more optimistic than I was before.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I hope we get remixes from the composers that worked in Smash Ultimate like ACE (who did K.Rool's Remix) Yoko Shimomura (who has remixed SF2 songs like Vega's theme) etc.
"Yoko Shimomura does Grant Kirkhope" is something I never knew I always wanted.

Oh, and if she rearranged his music that'd be great too. NYUK NYUK NYUK NYUK!

I think Master Hand could work in this instance because the six characters represent different iconic N64 games, with Master Hand repping Smash 64 itself.
Fair enough. But way too many characters have the Hands as their final boss. It's a bit of a bummer, especially since boss fights aren't easily replayable like they were in Brawl.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I guess my biggest hope for music is an orchestrated Banjo Medley in the style of Banjoland from Nuts & Bolts but more frantic and fitting for a fight:

I am so torn because I thought this medley was perfect and getting a remix of it would be great. But I'd also like to see remixes of each of the individual worlds too.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't wanna be a party pooper but........

Should i worry about this?
PushDustIn isn't an insider, and here's this:

He seems to just be making a joke, and he thinks the leaker is credible.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

StormC

Smash Hero
PushDustIn's job is to micromanage people's hype. He must be paid very well for it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, Push is a Steve fan. He's not a Banjo fan. I agree it's completely unnecessary to act like this, though.

That said, there's been a huge war between the fanbases. Looks like he got caught up in it and never moved on? He's directly working with Smash-related articles, so maybe he's too connected so it's hard for him to move on. Keep in mind SourceGaming also was quite wrong about Chrom. It just looks like he has a controversial opinion. It'd probably be better if we don't worry about his statements all that much. Especially since they're off-site anyway.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
PushDustIn isn't an insider, and here's this:

He seems to just be making a joke, and he thinks the leaker is credible.
That is how I saw this (as a joke), before you got this put up.

I don't think Shinobi is gonna be taken down or discredited by anyone. The only way this could go is if he is trolling which I feel is NOT LIKELY.

I remember hearing about the God of War Norse mythology leak and said to myself "I dont think so, but maybe?" Then it came true. I have followed Shinobi for a long time since then and caught up on his older stuff...Nothing. He has a spotless record, even if some things (like this) was a vague hint, it 100% came to fruition.

Things are looking incredible for Banjo & Kazooie. Hype it up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom