• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It was either on MundoRare or The RareWitchProject, but those websites seems broken. We have all heard about Microsoft and Activision wanting to buy Rare, but very few realise Nintendo had brought on Disney Interactive on as a partner to publish many games for Rare, but that ended with just Mickey's Speedway USA and Mickey's Racing Adventure. Disney Interactive went on to purchase the Climax Group, known for their racing games. Climax also wanted to make a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing.
Very interesting.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
It also looks like Metroid Prime 4 was basically canceled for now, so anyone thinking Sylux was DLC is proooobably wrong.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It also looks like Metroid Prime 4 was basically canceled for now, so anyone thinking Sylux was DLC is proooobably wrong.
It's not cancelled, it's delayed - there's a major difference between the two, but it doesn't bode well for the idea that Sylux will be added to promote it.

Personally, I'm fine with the Metroid content that we got in Smash 4. Ridley was one of my most wanted characters, and Dark Samus was a nice bonus. Also, the Metroid-themed dojo in World of Light was a minor, albeit hilarious, addition.

D

Deleted member

Can I have a "I'm at work and I can't watch" summery of this?
1) The first letter of the codenames chosen for the DLC fighters could be based on their first letter. So P for Paku and Piranha and J for Jack and Joker. B could be for Brave and Banjo. It would explain why he would fit with the term Brave.
2) His stats are virtually perfect.
  • Brave's slide almost mimics Banjo's slide from his own game
  • His size would work because Banjo himself is not that large of a character. If people worry about him looking too small, Kazooie occasionally popping up from his backpack would visually make him look bigger than the stat may seem. Banjo is the hitbox so Kazooie can do whatever the Hell she wants.
  • Floaty jump makes sense for Kazooie on his back. Plus Banjo's initial jump is just naturally floaty in the Banjo duology.
  • No wall jump fits.
3) The Rareware spirits supposedly in the code.
4) The popular Phil Spencer quote saying he wouldn't mind adding them in.

Now since it's a theory and since the lack of correlation to Banjo and Brave is still a large issue, it's not much to bet on. I wouldn't be too optimistic right now. Banjo is now just another name for the pile, along with Erdrick, Sora, Bravely Default, and Geno.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
1) The first letter of the codenames chosen for the DLC fighters could be based on their first letter. So P for Paku and Piranha and J for Jack and Joker. B could be for Brave and Banjo. It would explain why he would fit with the term Brave.
  • His size would work because Banjo himself is not that large of a character. If people worry about him looking too small, Kazooie occasionally popping up from his backpack would visually make him look bigger than the stat may seem. Banjo is the hitbox so Kazooie can do whatever the Hell she wants.
  • Floaty jump makes sense for Kazooie on his back. Plus Banjo's initial jump is just naturally floaty in the Banjo duology.
  • No wall jump fits.

Now since it's a theory and since the lack of correlation to Banjo and Brave is still a large issue, it's not much to bet on. I wouldn't be too optimistic right now. Banjo is now just another name for the pile, along with Erdrick, Sora, Bravely Default, and Geno.
So basically what we have all been saying since we figured out Brave and his stats.

D

Deleted member

So basically what we have all been saying since we figured out Brave and his stats.
Yeah. The video itself is more a review of all we know. Though, it could be useful for someone who doesn't follow the speculation cycle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Technomage

Smash Champion
  • No wall jump fits.

Okay, now how about the neutral A attacks? The datamine also said that the Brave char would NOT have a rapid-fire jab (I could easily imagine the pecking attack as rapid-fire).

D

Deleted member

Okay, now how about the neutral A attacks? The datamine also said that the Brave char would NOT have a rapid-fire jab (I could easily imagine the pecking attack as rapid-fire).
Like Duck Hunt? Yeah I get you. I would imagine more the forgettable paw swipes from the first game would be his jab because that introduces Banjo's most core mechanics. It's kind of hard to imagine an exact moveset, but I never imagined Banjo to be fast enough to do a rapid jab.

Am I the only one having a hard time buying that Banjo would be that short? They say Brave is about Ness’ height, which is just shorter than Mario. And I just don’t think that Banjo would be that short. He would need to be AT LEAST as tall as Mario, if not slightly taller. Luigi’s height would be perfect

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Am I the only one having a hard time buying that Banjo would be that short? They say Brave is about Ness’ height, which is just shorter than Mario. And I just don’t think that Banjo would be that short. He would need to be AT LEAST as tall as Mario, if not slightly taller. Luigi’s height would be perfect
Smash isn't known for using accurate heights.

So I just had a thought...Brave’s slide is identical to Banjo’s, right? And Brave is Ness’ height, right? What do Ness and Banjo have in common with their character models? They both have backpacks! What if they are using Ness as a placeholder model due to their model similarities? I know that sounds like a stretch, but it would be similar to how they used Ike as a placeholder for Cloud in Smash 4 and Zero Suit Samus for Bayonetta. Am I reaching or am I onto something?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I just had a thought...Brave’s slide is identical to Banjo’s, right? And Brave is Ness’ height, right? What do Ness and Banjo have in common with their character models? They both have backpacks! What if they are using Ness as a placeholder model due to their model similarities? I know that sounds like a stretch, but it would be similar to how they used Ike as a placeholder for Cloud in Smash 4 and Zero Suit Samus for Bayonetta. Am I reaching or am I onto something?
Could happen...

...though I think it were more true if Brave ended up being say... Ninten.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That is genius. And I hate you for making me hope again.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Supposedly one of the lads in charge of Dead or Alive did and interview and confirmed that he did not talk with Sakurai about Smash inclusion. This essentially deconfirms DOA characters, but the interesting bit here is that people are taking this as a solid debunking of the 5ch leak that had Erdrick, Steve, Ryu Hyabusa and Doomguy considering Ryu from Ninja Gaiden appeared in DOA games before. Lots of blowing up on 4chan about it, though im not sure this can count as a solid debunking of the 5ch leak. Thoughts?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well the guy could be lying but also is the DoA team even be the people Sakurai would talk to about Ryu joining?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Well the guy could be lying but also is the DoA team even be the people Sakurai would talk to about Ryu joining?
I was curious about that my self. How are they even connected. I mean I'm all for the 5ch leak being fake. But I''m gonna need more solid proof.

Also, I think an outright deconfirmation like that would be against NDA if they had one. So if they are connected I would say that the 5ch leak is fake and Ryu isn't happening.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Dead or Alive and Ninja Gaiden are both made by Team Ninja, which is a division of Tecmo Koei.

Gonna need a sauce on that interview, though.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I don't believe it deconfirms Hayabusa, just DOA characters of origin. There's always the chance we could get a classic costumed Hayabusa reveal, and Sakurai could say something like "we also have Hayabusa's costume from the modern Ninja Gaiden series". No need to mention DOA at all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Supposedly one of the lads in charge of Dead or Alive did and interview and confirmed that he did not talk with Sakurai about Smash inclusion. This essentially deconfirms DOA characters, but the interesting bit here is that people are taking this as a solid debunking of the 5ch leak that had Erdrick, Steve, Ryu Hyabusa and Doomguy considering Ryu from Ninja Gaiden appeared in DOA games before. Lots of blowing up on 4chan about it, though im not sure this can count as a solid debunking of the 5ch leak. Thoughts?
I was curious about that my self. How are they even connected. I mean I'm all for the 5ch leak being fake. But I''m gonna need more solid proof.

Also, I think an outright deconfirmation like that would be against NDA if they had one. So if they are connected I would say that the 5ch leak is fake and Ryu isn't happening.
If anything, I would expect Tomonobu Itagaki to be the one actually lying about Ryu's chances, but he no longer works at KT anymore, so...

In any case, it's good to see more things going against the too-detailed-to-be-real text leak.

I don't believe it deconfirms Hayabusa, just DOA characters of origin. There's always the chance we could get a classic costumed Hayabusa reveal, and Sakurai could say something like "we also have Hayabusa's costume from the modern Ninja Gaiden series". No need to mention DOA at all.
Okay, but consider the following here: the DOA crew is in charge of Ryu these days, seeing as his own series is dead. So it stands to reason that they didn't bring up any of the characters that are active in DOA.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hello. I support the bear and bird! Definitely my choice for a Microsoft rep, and I would really like them

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My initial reactions were:
(The Grunts are me as a Nintendo fan)

But then I realized this sorta thing happens all the times so yeah... neutral.
What exactly does a Head of Portfolio do. And what is Damon Baker known for.
Just thought a little Nintendo influence could affect Microsoft a little.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Brave.
In japan, The Banjo-Kazooie Soundtrack is called Banjo & kazooie's great adventure
Banjo & kazooie's gReat AdVEnture
He's in

Last edited:

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I just came up with a theory on the Brave codename. Hear me out...
“Brave” has the word “ave” in it which is another name for a bird. If you take out “ave” you get “Br” which can sound like “bear.” Therefore you’ve got “Br and ave” or “bear and bird.”

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Brave was a Pixar film about bears. HMMMMMM... no but seriously I think we’re grasping at straws with this. But I would love to be proven wrong. I always thought Banjo and Kazooie were brave, facing the likes of witches, sharks (both real AND mechanical), bulls, bees, monsters, eyeballs, and practically any object with evil eyes! Of course, brave is such a generic term that could apply to any number of video game protagonists. But only one would make sense to me and make me truly happy at his/her inclusion.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
This topic proves how starved we are for new information. I can't wait until the next datamine.

ccllr

Smash Cadet
Brave.
In japan, The Banjo-Kazooie Soundtrack is called Banjo & kazooie's great adventure
He's in
Jesus. I know you are being ironic, but there IS people that makes this stuff up and actually believes it.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Brave.
He's in
I just came up with a theory on the Brave codename. Hear me out...
“Brave” has the word “ave” in it which is another name for a bird. If you take out “ave” you get “Br” which can sound like “bear.” Therefore you’ve got “Br and ave” or “bear and bird.”
Brave was a Pixar film about bears. HMMMMMM... no but seriously I think we’re grasping at straws with this. But I would love to be proven wrong. I always thought Banjo and Kazooie were brave, facing the likes of witches, sharks (both real AND mechanical), bulls, bees, monsters, eyeballs, and practically any object with evil eyes! Of course, brave is such a generic term that could apply to any number of video game protagonists. But only one would make sense to me and make me truly happy at his/her inclusion.
I really don't wanna stretch and assume that Brave is Banjo but god I hope it is
My silly prediction is that Banjo is not Brave, but he's still in the Fighter's Pass under the codename “Jigsaw”. The memes will write themselves.

Top Bottom