• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
NO nintendo told them to only use DKC1 characters in DK64 & wouldn't let them us dixie & kiddy kong witch is why we got tiny & chunky who are so similar to them RARE themselfs have confermed this, Nintendo also told retro to only use DKC1 characeters in DKCR RETRO have confemred this as well

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Melee also released before Microsoft purchased Rare.
I already said that. Did you hear when I said ''Rare still owned Diddy during the production and release of Melee before the buyout the following year from Microsoft.''?

Please don't take things out of context please.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Wrinkly Kong has quite a large role in DK64 and was from DKC2. Sorry, but I believe thats a rumor, even if Dixies exclusion is still odd nonetheless.

To get things on track, which boss is your favorite? Cant go wrong with Mingy Jongo!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wrinkly Kong has quite a large role in DK64 and was from DKC2. Sorry, but I believe thats a rumor, even if Dixies exclusion is still odd nonetheless.

To get things on track, which boss is your favorite? Cant go wrong with Mingy Jongo!
Best boss to me was Old King Coal.
Because it proves that putting angry eyes on anything makes it evil.

D

Deleted member

Hag 1 is legendary. I remember having to fight that in the replay mode when you only had 5 honey combs. I had fun with that.

Mingy Jongo and Old King Coal were always bosses I had fun beating as a kid because they were easy.

Gruntilda in the first game tests everything you've learned up until that point so she's good. If we had to get a Banjo boss, I think it should be the original Grunty fight but I would lose my **** if Hag 1 made it.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Grunty & Hag 1 are some of the best bosses in gaming history IMO (Weldar is a good one too) the only boss in a recent game that gave me the same felling as those bosses was DJ Octavio from splatoon 1

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of Gruntilda, how do you guys think she would work as a fighter in Smash and what would be in her moveset? Would it be Grunty riding on her broom throwing spells at you, her riding in a mini Hag 1 using the gadgets in the machine, or a mix of both? Also I could see her alive form and skeleton form being alts.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
If banjo never left nintendo i could see

Banjo Kazooie in melee

Mumbo in brawl

Grunty in Smash 4

& Ultimate would of got echos Banjo & Dragon Kazooie, Mingy Jongo, Dry Grunty

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Banjo Kazooie in melee

Mumbo in brawl

Grunty in Smash 4

I was asking how they would go with Grunty's moveset if she was a fighter.

Last edited:

Jeanbob

Smash Rookie
Speaking of Gruntilda, how do you guys think she would work as a fighter in Smash and what would be in her moveset? Would it be Grunty riding on her broom throwing spells at you, her riding in a mini Hag 1 using the gadgets in the machine, or a mix of both? Also I could see her alive form and skeleton form being alts.
Maybe she could use the Big-O Blaster from Tooie as her Final Smash ? A little like King K Rool with his Blast-O-Matic.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman

Banjo Kazooie in melee

Mumbo in brawl

Grunty in Smash 4

Based on the lack of echos we got in Ultimate I don't think we would've. I feel like Grunty would be a brawl addition and mumbo would be a smash 4 addition

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I already said that. Did you hear when I said ''Rare still owned Diddy during the production and release of Melee before the buyout the following year from Microsoft.''?

Please don't take things out of context please.
Wasn't the Rare buyout in progress during the production of Melee? I’m pretty sure Star Fox Adventures released before Melee; while I haven’t played Star Fox Adventures, I did read about it in Nintendo Power and think the idea of staff fighting is cool. While I didn't take support for Krystal super-seriously until the Brawl hype/speculation (pre-release) period, I remember wanting Krystal in Smash during Melee's lifetime (i.e. before Brawl’s release), and that would be pretty hard to do before Krystal actually existed. :p

I’ve always wanted Bomberman in Smash (Bomberman 64 predated Smash 64, and I’ve been a die-hard Bomberman fan ever since getting Bomberman 64 for my seventh or eighth or whatever birthday (I don't remember exactly when I got the game, only that it was a gift from my late grandfather)). However, I didn't take Bomberman support seriously until Brawl's pre-release period, as I didn’t think Bomberman (or any other third-party character) could be in Smash until Snake was announced. Then again, I was quite young during Melee's lifetime (about 12 years old), and I may or may not have been aware of the distinction between “first-party” and “third-party” and how much of an obstacle rights negotiations can be for the latter. I can't remember what my thought processes were like one-and-three-quarters decades ago!! I definitely knew about the difference between first-party and third-party by the time of Brawl's speculation period, though; I had to be in order to support Bomberman as fervently as I did (up to the point of harassing Mega Man supporters).

Technomage

Smash Champion
Hey I came up with a funny idea for a Banjo-Kazooie stage in Smash: Mr. Patch himself as the stage. XD

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

Mr. Patch! No contest. Such a fun boss fight with some of the best music in the game

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If, and ONLY if, Minecraft was on Gamepass, THEN it'd be okay to worry.
This better just be a Minecraft game pass hint. Because...man I don't want all my hopes to die because of a tweet made by an advertising account lmao

JonSmash

Smash Ace
OH GOD NO !!! why on earth would they use the word DIG of all things ????? NOOOOO !!!!

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
I can possibly see history repeating itself when it comes to Banjo's inclusion. Main arguments I see against Banjo include the fact that his series is "dormant", for lack of a better term.

I mean, he hasnt had a game in years, his company ignores him, and he has no foreseeable future. Wanna know someone else who was in the exact same boat?

Megaman. Before Smash 4, he, too, hadnt had a game in years, was ignored by his company, and had no foreseeable future. Nintendo reached into Capcom's throat and pulled him back out for Smash 4.

Who's to say they couldn't do the same to Microsoft and Rare for Smash Ultimate?

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
That better be a gamepass reference, wait didn't phil say he wanted game pass on as many devices & platforms as they can get it on ? even Nintendo switch ?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Relax, guys. A social media handler at Xbox surely wouldn't know the DLC. Social insiders like Polar's don't even know and they work for Nintendo, the game Smash Bros. is published by. They're likely just being cheeky.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
I see Nintendo is getting real cheeky using "you're so brave" with this tweet.
Oh christ, Luigi echo, Mr. L, incoming! XP
Edit: I was joking, but then the thought of the slightly tractionless Luigi spooked me. I know it's not going to be an echo, tho.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wasn't the Rare buyout in progress during the production of Melee? I’m pretty sure Star Fox Adventures released before Melee; while I haven’t played Star Fox Adventures, I did read about it in Nintendo Power and think the idea of staff fighting is cool. While I didn't take support for Krystal super-seriously until the Brawl hype/speculation (pre-release) period, I remember wanting Krystal in Smash during Melee's lifetime (i.e. before Brawl’s release), and that would be pretty hard to do before Krystal actually existed. :p

I’ve always wanted Bomberman in Smash (Bomberman 64 predated Smash 64, and I’ve been a die-hard Bomberman fan ever since getting Bomberman 64 for my seventh or eighth or whatever birthday (I don't remember exactly when I got the game, only that it was a gift from my late grandfather)). However, I didn't take Bomberman support seriously until Brawl's pre-release period, as I didn’t think Bomberman (or any other third-party character) could be in Smash until Snake was announced. Then again, I was quite young during Melee's lifetime (about 12 years old), and I may or may not have been aware of the distinction between “first-party” and “third-party” and how much of an obstacle rights negotiations can be for the latter. I can't remember what my thought processes were like one-and-three-quarters decades ago!! I definitely knew about the difference between first-party and third-party by the time of Brawl's speculation period, though; I had to be in order to support Bomberman as fervently as I did (up to the point of harassing Mega Man supporters).
I am highly assuming Microsoft was already talking with Nintendo and Rare about buying Rare during Melee's production. Also Melee was released in 2001, Star Fox Adventures came out in 2002 roughly less than a year after Melee. So Krystal didn't exist when Melee first came out, but she was planned to be the main protagonist in her own game on the N64 called Dinosaur Planet. Also, General Scales was originally planned to be the main antagonist instead of
Andross.
Miyamoto thought the characters looked too much like Star Fox characters, so he wanted Rare to turn Dinosaur Planet into a Star Fox game instead of it being it's own thing.

Last edited:

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I heard that negotiations between Microsoft, Activision, Disney and Rare was as early as 1999.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, a minor bit of news: I got a message on my game today that Update 2.0.0 is going to be released within the coming week. Do you guys think that Piranha Plant might be included in this update?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
My K Rool just got to Elite Status, hoping for another certain Rare character to join the pirate croc

So, a minor bit of news: I got a message on my game today that Update 2.0.0 is going to be released within the coming week. Do you guys think that Piranha Plant might be included in this update?
Perhaps next week we’ll finally get that January Direct and they’ll announce Piranha Plants’s release date for Friday February 1st

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Only dumb people think banjo could be a duck hunt echo like nintendo would pay all that money to just make banjo an echo & M$ rare would allow that despite ever other 3rd party character getting the royal treatment
who ever actually thinks that needs there brain checked as its just a dumb meme
My point is that, aside from Boshi, I have not seen a single echo fighter suggestion that wouldn't be better as a real character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My point is that, aside from Boshi, I have not seen a single echo fighter suggestion that wouldn't be better as a real character.
Dixie Kong would be a lot better as a unique fighter whether than a Echo. She had enough popularity to make it as a Echo, but Sakurai chose not too probably because he knows she would be better represented as a unique fighter. She has a Mii hat in Ultimate, so she probably did well in the Smash Ballot.

D

Deleted member

The fact that we are anylizing some random tweet is proof that we really need more news at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
Where have you heard that?
It was either on MundoRare or The RareWitchProject, but those websites seems broken. We have all heard about Microsoft and Activision wanting to buy Rare, but very few realise Nintendo had brought on Disney Interactive on as a partner to publish many games for Rare, but that ended with just Mickey's Speedway USA and Mickey's Racing Adventure. Disney Interactive went on to purchase the Climax Group, known for their racing games. Climax also wanted to make a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing.

Top Bottom