• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Eh, honestly it’s not the end of the world if Banjo isn’t brave but there’s still a lot of things going for him that might make it him. I don’t think they would make the codenames that cryptic since it might be inconvenient for the devs; Banjo’s codename might be something like “honey” or “jigsaw” or whatever.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
As a self-qualified expert on cartoon bears. Banjo's codename can be nothing but fighter_kind_winniethepooh

D

Deleted member

I support Banjo 1000% so I would like to be put on the Supporters list please. Banjo is and was always my Favorite N64 game and Constantly Switches out with Geno for being my number one most wanted. One day it's Geno, The other Banjo and vice-versa. I really do hope B-K gets in Smash since they definitely deserve it and would be a completely unique addition to the Roster.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Imagine if whenever you play as Banjo and you pause it starts to play the pause music from his games.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, the latest update went live, and Piranha Plant is indeed included, so when I finally post my thoughts on various characters, I'll be including him as well.

Also, Piranha Plant was added to the banner. So it looks like if Banjo-Kazooie do get in as DLC, then they'll be added to the banner when they're released.

Last edited:
Well, they added a new Palutena’s Guidance for Piranha Plant, so we can assume all the DLC fighters will get one. I can’t wait to see what Banjo’s is if he gets in

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, they added a new Palutena’s Guidance for Piranha Plant, so we can assume all the DLC fighters will get one. I can’t wait to see what Banjo’s is if he gets in
Yeah, now I"m really curious! I'm also glad they aren't going the lazy route and reusing the DLC one from Smash 4.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
the plant is out ! time to see if he is any good ! (& if we get anymore data mines)

Also did nintendo announce this at all ???

Piranha Plant's classic mode theme is all smash ultimate newcommers with the boss fight being rathalos.....monster hunter DLC confermed ???? :p

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alright, next step is to wait for more information on Joker/the reveal of the next Fighter Pass character.

Apparently the latest is that they removed Jack and Brave from the code.

I hate to say it, but if they removed them from the code but not the Rare files, that makes me fear that the Rare files really are only there by mistake :/

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman

I hate to say it, but if they removed them from the code but not the Rare files, that makes me fear that the Rare files really are only there by mistake :/
I see it more likely that Jack and Brave were clear indications of character reference. There was no way they could have been anything else. Knowing that people are digging through code, if you want to keep future character information a secret, you'd only want to remove the obvious. If the only other coding they scrubbed along with those names happened to be Rare related, it would be incredibly suspicious, whether or not they plan to include B-K.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
they removed jack & brave ? did they remove the rare spirits refrences yet ?
We wont know untill the datamine is released. If anything the Devs caught wind of miners and may be looking into anti leak measures. So far no leak has been true for the DLC so that's something. Going forward the placeholders for the 5 DLC's should just be Fighter_Kind_1 and so on. If we know anything about the mined stats and codename is that it honestly could be anyone.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

I wouldn't be so sure. I think on the priority list removing leaked DLC characters is much higher then removing Spirit labels that only have a game name and nothing else.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Removing the Rare files would create greater suspicion at this point, but removing Jack and Brave, well, it changes nothing, we all know both of those are DLC characters and that they're still coming.

But it's still interesting to know, because if they did remove the code, it'd be pretty telling that they know, and that it needs to be hidden from us... Right now they're playing it cool. Might me nothing, might mean something, just play it cooooool.

Anyway, I think Banjo-Kazooie still have a good shot regardless, and here's hoping for an E3 reveal!

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if the Rare data still being there while Brave and Jack are gone is more encouraging or less

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ranha_plant_in_allstar_mode_has_been/efby17b/
Duck Hunt's params were modified at some point, but they put most of Duck hunt's params back to normal in 2.0.0, but they forgot to modify the stuff related to century smash which using Duck hunt in century smash can cause the save data to be corrupted.

I'm wondering if that was Banjo?
Banjo is so powerful he causes Save corruption before even getting into the game. May god have mercy on all the poor souls that verse him in Smash.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I think it's kinda interesting that the Rare spirits are two of the few series in Rare Replay that received new art to my knowledge. Perhaps if the Blast Corps and JFG spirits were actually in the game they could use the new ones.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ranha_plant_in_allstar_mode_has_been/efby17b/
Duck Hunt's params were modified at some point, but they put most of Duck hunt's params back to normal in 2.0.0, but they forgot to modify the stuff related to century smash which using Duck hunt in century smash can cause the save data to be corrupted.

I'm wondering if that was Banjo?
I don't get how it'd be Banjo, it wouldn't make any sense to test this way, but okay I guess.

edit: yeah this is a big stretch, it doesn't make sense plus that doesn't mention Duck Hunt's params actually changing at all. edit 2: well tbh not sure what params actually are, I assumed stats and technical stuffs...but it still doesn't make sense, because Duck Hunt is nothing like Banjo-Kazooie other than being a bird + mammal...

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't get how it'd be Banjo, it wouldn't make any sense to test this way, but okay I guess.

edit: yeah this is a big stretch, it doesn't make sense plus that doesn't mention Duck Hunt's params actually changing at all. edit 2: well tbh not sure what params actually are, I assumed stats and technical stuffs...but it still doesn't make sense, because Duck Hunt is nothing like Banjo-Kazooie other than being a bird + mammal...
At most I would assume maybe they put Banjo's stats on him to get a better visual of how he would feel and look? Duck hunt is the closest they have to looking like a bear+bird combo.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
At most I would assume maybe they put Banjo's stats on him to get a better visual of how he would feel and look? Duck hunt is the closest they have to looking like a bear+bird combo.
Maybe, but since Piranha Plant messes up the mode as well I don't think it means anything. Mii Swordfighter causes it as well.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Maybe, but since Piranha Plant messes up the mode as well I don't think it means anything. Mii Swordfighter causes it as well.
Mii Swordfighter might have been used as a stand in for a DLC character as well....especially one that is heavily being hinted at. It would make sense really since Piranha Plant is a DLC character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom