• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

Banjo-Kazooie defeated Gruntilda and saved someone they care very much about.

You could say that it was very, brave, of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But. Duck Hunt is able to stand on his hindlegs for certain attacks. He isn't a short dog by any means.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Here is just a quick photoshopping job. The switch takes the same resolution screenshots. I took all the images on zoom so they all have the same camera angle. I made sure to keep Duck Hunt in the same frame of animation for both screenshots. And the background makes it all easy to line up. Making this probably as accurate you can get. Does this seem like a good size for Banjo to be in Smash?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Here is just a quick photoshopping job. The switch takes the same resolution screenshots. I took all the images on zoom so they all have the same camera angle. I made sure to keep Duck Hunt in the same frame of animation for both screenshots. And the background makes it all easy to line up. Making this probably as accurate you can get. Does this seem like a good size for Banjo to be in Smash?
He'd probably be around Mario's height so I think that makes sense.

If he had to be taller, they could just stretch Duck Hunt Dog's legs some more.

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
I always tried comparing Ness and Mario to Diddy since, that was the first game he ever appeared in before his own (in terms of height).

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I always tried comparing Ness and Mario to Diddy since, that was the first game he ever appeared in before his own (in terms of height).
Do you mean Diddy Kong racing? Because if so this is what Banjo looks like and I wouldn't call it accurate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>4Chan leak

I'll keep my salt grain, just in case. If the next character's name doesn't start with any of those letters, this can be dropped.

Gotta admit though, this is interesting. You guys might be on to something.

batdeduction.jpg

Interesting theory, but what characters would even work for this?

B - ???

A - ???

N - ???

J - Joker

O - ???
I could see Adeleine (and Banjo obviously), but the other two leave me stumped.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I'll keep my salt grain, just in case. If the next character's name doesn't start with any of those letters, this can be dropped.
Of course don't believe 4chan leaks. But it was funny enough to share. Imagine all this build up of DLC characters just to announce and spell out a Microsoft character. It would be hilarious.

I could see Adeleine (and Banjo obviously), but the other two leave me stumped.
Banjo
Adeleine
geNo
Joker
sOra

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Interesting theory, but what characters would even work for this?

B - ???

A - ???

N - ???

J - Joker

O - ???

Hmmmm, I'll give this a shot:

B = Banjo-Kazooie
A = Agnes from Bravely Default or Altair from Assassin's Creed
N = Nightmare from Soul Caliber
J = Joker
O = ...This one's the hardest and I couldn't come up with one for it, so I give up.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
To throw my two cents in, the stuff with Duck Hunt and Mii Swordfighter actually seems plausible, particularly if the Mii is used as a base for Erdrick, who I looked up and just from official artwork, he wields a sword and shield, so that could work. And of course, Duck Hunt as a base for Banjo-Kazooie makes sense.

As for that acronym theory, I'm sorry, but that seems like a REALLY big stretch to me, especially since there's no evidence right now that there'll be any more DLC after all the Fighter Pass characters are released.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
View attachment 189743

Methinks we found something noteworthy.
Think also about the time between reveal and game time. Plant was revealed in November but wasn't ready. He just dropped so maybe we can confirm that a whole character takes about..say 4 months? Then again this isn't including new music and stage so maybe add a month to make it 5. Any evidence to prove this would be appreciated. Joker no doubt began development Early December since Saks mentioned none of the DLC save for Plant were worked on. Joker is probably a month in. I'm willing to deduce that Joker will drop in maybe late April or May. In June we would have E3 where it's just Microsoft and Nintendo showcasing things....Guys....It's really hard to keep my hype down....but we just may have something of substance here. If Joker drops around April/May, then there would be a whole month for the Dev's to at least work on enough for a reveal.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Lets not forget that Microsoft and Nintendo had an E3 meeting, and Sakurai took a midnight flight that night, So a year would be the next E3...

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
Anyone find it weird that we went from Banjo is nothing like Duck Hunt to now where we think Duck Hunt might be a base for Banjo?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Anyone find it weird that we went from Banjo is nothing like Duck Hunt to now where we think Duck Hunt might be a base for Banjo?
it is kinda funny.

while they're nothing alike move-wise and character-wise (aside from being a mammal and a bird), if they could squash/stretch Bowser Jr. and his car to get Piranha Plant, maybe they can modify the dog's legs and turn the duck into a breegull inside a backpack.

Mr. Stagg

it is kinda funny.

while they're nothing alike move-wise and character-wise (aside from being a mammal and a bird), if they could squash/stretch Bowser Jr. and his car to get Piranha Plant, maybe they can modify the dog's legs and turn the duck into a breegull inside a backpack.
The main argument trolls claim is that we already have a mammal x bird combo and Banjo would be just the same as Duck Hunt. Conceptually they are similar but in execution they are totally different. It isn't uncommon for devs to use similar models as a base framework and modify it to save time. Since the datamined code shows Bowser jr animation files in the Plant folder it's safe to assune that the devs took the same approach.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can someone explain me this whole Duck Hunt/Banjo thing that you guys are talking about?

lol oh the irony.
Although I do feel like Duck Hunt was probably designed with Banjo in mind back when they were introduced in Smash 4. Now, assuming this is all true, its all coming full circle

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Banjo IS nothing like Duck Hunt Duo. Just like Bayonetta was nothing like ZSS, and Piranha Plant is nothing like Bowser Jr. But it's easier to start from something, rather than nothing. Duck Hunt Duo is the most sensible character to start from.

Last edited:
Banjo IS nothing like Duck Hunt Duo. Just like Bayonetta was nothing like ZSS, and Piranha Plant is nothing like Bowser Jr. But it's easier to start from something, rather than nothing. Duck Hunt Duo is the most sensible character to start from.
Yeah, anyone with common sense knows this. It’s always people who’ve never played a Banjo game before who say that they’d be an echo of Duck Hunt, literally just because they look similar. It’s ignorant. But at the end of the day, Duck Hunt does make sense as a starting point for Banjo’s model lol

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
You all keep getting my hopes up every time. I hope this time we’re all on to something. It really would make this game truly incredible to finally have the one set of characters I’ve wanted since the 64 days!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Just so we are clear. I wasn't trying to say Banjo and Duck hunt would be the same. Or Banjo would be an echo. Just I feel like based off the game corrupting with him like it does with Plant he might be the model they are using to test Banjo since he is about Brave height on his hind legs.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
lol oh the irony.
Although I do feel like Duck Hunt was probably designed with Banjo in mind back when they were introduced in Smash 4. Now, assuming this is all true, its all coming full circle
If so, that's overly pre-prepared long-term planning for a character whose negotiations may or may not have fallen through.

I love it.

Mr. Stagg

We won't know unless Banjo is revealed and Saks details the Dev process, if he's feeling chatty about it.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
This Duck Hunt stuff is really interesting....

I mean obviously they want the development process to be as easy as possible, hence why they used Ike and ZSS for Cloud and Beyo last time around.. less work they need to do rigging a skeleton for a model when you can take one that's similar and do less manipulation.. I assume using Duck Hunt would be as easy as standing him on his hind legs and changing his walk cycle. The Duck could use very little tweaking in the animations used for Kazooie when pecking or flapping her wings. Duck Hunt is a model who already has a back piece with attack motions. It all comes down to changing animations and walk, run and flight cycles. If they can turn Jr. Into a plant they can turn Duck Hunt into Banjo and Kazooie.. and they may be doing just that

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hm, I was re-reading that interview, and it seemed to me the part about only having a dozen or so more people on DLC was referring more to Smash 4 than Ultimate since he was talking about the period of time Ultimate was getting started.

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
If it is still of continued interest to you lads, I made a height measurement list a week or two back. It includes (where available) a character's canon height, their base stance height in smash (with both feet on the ground), and their peak height (with both feet on the ground) in smash. I also included some measurements for DLC character contemplation, and Banjo was a fun one to think about due to the lack of data.

Something we can make note of, though it is no longer 'canon' (and character sizes in DKR are already odd), is that Banjo is roughly the same height as Krunch. Krunch, one of the racers in Diddy Kong Racing, is a Kremling from King K. Rool's army. But, in particular, he is a member of the Kritter sub-species of Kremlings. Kritters are eye level with D.K. (when quadrupedal) in most of their canonical appearances, and with Banjo's height comparison to a Kritter, this makes him comparable to Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong is usually seen to be around Six Feet (when quadrupedal)...which would make Banjo to be around six feet tall. Within Smash Bros, D.K.'s default stance is roughly 2.0 Smash Cubes (20 small blocks on the training map). If Banjo was made with this information in mind, he would be somewhere between Captain Falcon (1.8) and Donkey Kong (2.0). Diddy, Meanwhile, is around 1.2 Smash Cubes in his default stance.

However, this is all coming from Banjo's appearance in Diddy Kong Racing, and can no longer be taken as truth. It's also worth noting that Krunch's design is not the same as other Kritters. This could be due to DKR's art style, or indicative that Krunch is not fully grown.

But, within Banjo's own series? Scale gets...weird. You'll have Banjo stacked up against humanoids like the Gruntilda Clanmembers or Captain Blackeye, both of whom are larger than Banjo, but then you'll run into Humba Wumba who is...also bigger than Banjo, but is then made smaller in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts N' Bolts. This all brings up the wonderful questions of: "Is Banjo Bear-sized and everyone else is a giant?" or "Is everyone else normal and Banjo is the world's smallest bear?"

Top Bottom