• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My main hangups with the "Duck Hunt = Banjo" theory are these:

- If Mii Swordfighter is presumably the stand-in for Erdrick/"Brave," then where is the stand-in (say, Marth or Bayonetta) for Joker?
- If we assume this is true, why does Bowser Jr. not crash All-Star mode since he was the basis for Piranha Plant?
- Why wouldn't Banjo's base use someone like Mario or Fox, who are much closer in size and proportions to Banjo? Why wouldn't Duck Hunt instead point to a quadruped like Amaterasu?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

- If Mii Swordfighter is presumably the stand-in for Erdrick/"Brave," then where is the stand-in (say, Marth or Bayonetta) for Joker?
- If we assume this is true, why does Bowser Jr. not crash All-Star mode since he was the basis for Piranha Plant?
- Why wouldn't Banjo's base use someone like Mario or Fox, who are much closer in size and proportions to Banjo? Why wouldn't Duck Hunt instead point to a quadruped like Amaterasu?
We got almost zippo to go on from until news come up. At least this still beats "let's figure out this ****ty puzzle from an obvious fake to pass the time".

On a different note, if BK's in, I kinda want to see a Tooty spirit so that people can go "hey, there she is", since she had no reason to be around after the first game and vanished.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The Dlc characters might come with spirits but would they have mii costumes too? I’d totally love like a Mumbo Jumbo mii swordfighter outfit.
OMG! Yes! And a Gruntilda Mii costume would be great too. If the Mumbo Mii costume had a bobble head, I would actually try to main one of the Miis.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Duck Hunt is already rigged to have a bird on his back. And they could just as easily make him stand up on his hind legs. Plant has been basically complete for awhile now. Allowing them time to clean up Bowser Jr.. Other DLC characters are still currently being worked on, meaning they might have missed cleaning certain stuff up. Like the game trying to save data on a character that doesn't exist yet.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Duck Hunt is already rigged to have a bird on his back. And they could just as easily make him stand up on his hind legs. Plant has been basically complete for awhile now. Allowing them time to clean up Bowser Jr.. Other DLC characters are still currently being worked on, meaning they might have missed cleaning certain stuff up. Like the game trying to save data on a character that doesn't exist yet.
That doesn't really explain why none of them are analogous to Joker though.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice

I'm not that good with photoshop, but I decided to make this a little bit out of boredom and curiosity.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That doesn't really explain why none of them are analogous to Joker though.
We don't know how many DLC characters are being worked on at once. Also they might have done a better job cleaning up leftover joker data. We just don't know the full specifics and we are making theories based off what we do have.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Makes me feel pretty good for taking the pictures and such. I'm so used to my theories being called crazy or stupid.

Last edited:

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
I played around with the Mii Swordfighter in the game's Training mode. They're a rather fast character to play with. They aren't Sonic-levels of fast, but he can get from one side of Final Destination to the other quickly. Given Joker's stats (before the slot's removal) had his parameters set so that he's pretty fast (his run speed is 2.21, for context Sonic's run speed is 3.85), I would say it's a possibility that Mii Swordfighter is being used as a stand-in for Joker, not Erdrick/'Brave". I don't believe we knew who was being used as a base for Joker when we found his slot so now there's 2 characters being used as bases for 2 deleted slots.

That would also imply the following:
i) Duck Hunt being the stand-in for Brave, meaning Banjo is the character reserved for that slot.
ii) If Erdrick is confirmed to be a thing, he is not the "Brave" slot like everyone is currently claiming it to be.

I can only guess that it's due to Bowser Jr. being cleaned up after being used as a base for Piranha Plant. Given Duck Hunt and Mii Swordfighter are causing corruptions in the same exact update that removes the slots for Joker and "Brave", Nintendo more than likely lazily wiped the slots due to dataminers without fully cleaning it up. There could be something in the code for both of them that refer to the deleted slots and since the slots no longer exist, the game has no clue what to do. We just don't know what specifically causes them to crash at the moment.

If we are assuming Banjo's stand-in is Duck Hunt for being developed, it would not be due to size or proportions. It would be due to the similarities in concept between the characters. Duck Hunt revolves around two characters, a mammal and a bird, working together under one entity/moveset. This is unlike Ice Climbers or Rosalina & Luma, where the two characters work together under two entities. Since they work together under one moveset + a mammal and bird combo, it makes perfect sense to base Banjo off of Duck Hunt for those reasons alone.

I hoped I have solved any hangups you were having surrounding the "Duck Hunt = base for Banjo" theory that's popped up here as of recent.
My opinion on the matter is that this is a very plausible theory. As if the parameters for "Brave" weren't enough to be weary of, this is a huge red flag for me. Given how the DLC release cycle is looking at the moment, I'm expecting Joker to be a late March/early April release with "Brave" being right in time for E3. "Brave" being Banjo would fit perfectly with this if my predictions happen to be correct.

We could be looking at a situation like the old meaning, "The question is not if, but when". Not if they're in as DLC, but when will they be shown as DLC?
Let's hope.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
If they put RARE Replay on Switch, I kinda hope they add the DKC games in as well. Along with Diddy Kong Racing, Star Fox Adventures, and the long shot Goldeneye. You know if they added the later the game will sell like hotcakes.

It might sell well regardless, though.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If they put RARE Replay on Switch, I kinda hope they add the DKC games in as well. Along with Diddy Kong Racing, Star Fox Adventures, and the long shot Goldeneye. You know if they added the later the game will sell like hotcakes.

It might sell well regardless, though.
The switch version having exclusive games would just be amazing in and of itself.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
From how it's worded, it sounds to me like they're doing this to encourage cross-play more than anything else. Still, it does sound promising.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
If a Rare Replay Switch version were to happen, they really should just replace the 7 spectrum games with DKC 1-3, DK64, DKR, SFA, and Grunty’s Revenge, I get the Spectrum games are part of Rare’s history, but frankly those games are super archaic, bad, and downright unfun to play. I would love to play Viva Piñata and Kameo on my switch so I think the Xbox games should still be intact; they’re not that bad. Lastly, they should use the xbla versions of the Banjo games and Perfect Dark. Personally I just think they’re the better versions.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That Xbox announcement just... um...

Well, that made my opinion on Banjo's chances (no chance) change quite a bit to pretty decent, and when I say that, that's a pretty big deal. I normally think Banjo is just dead and has no chance of ever finding glory again, but this?

I like the implications of this. I like them a lot.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If a Rare Replay Switch version were to happen, they really should just replace the 7 spectrum games with DKC 1-3, DK64, DKR, SFA, and Grunty’s Revenge, I get the Spectrum games are part of Rare’s history, but frankly those games are super archaic, bad, and downright unfun to play. I would love to play Viva Piñata and Kameo on my switch so I think the Xbox games should still be intact; they’re not that bad. Lastly, they should use the xbla versions of the Banjo games and Perfect Dark. Personally I just think they’re the better versions.
I kinda like Jetpac.

As for Sabre Wulf, it wouldn't hurt to toss in the GBA remake, since it'd be the only way for that to get re-released. I mean Sabreman showed up in Tooie and all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here we go Banjobros and Banjogals.

Give it to us Microsoft. Give us the the duo in Smash and give us a new Banjo game on the Switch.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It's been heavily rumored for awhile now that Microsoft has tried to shift focus from exclusivity and more towards "we need the most amount of people to use our service as possible" so it's not a complete surprise really.

D

Deleted member

If Banjo is in, I see him being revealed 3rd or last.

I think he would be an E3 reveal as well. If there is any Microsoft character, that seems to be the perfect time to reveal them.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
The GDC announcement is probably some game Rare is working on being led by Louise Ridgeway.

If Banjo is in, I see him being revealed 3rd or last.

I think he would be an E3 reveal as well. If there is any Microsoft character, that seems to be the perfect time to reveal them.
At this rate I can see him being revealed next. I can see him being revealed at E3 with a “now available” release

D

Deleted member

At this rate I can see him being revealed next. I can see him being revealed at E3 with a “now available” release
But that means we would have to wait until E3 for a reveal...

that seems kinda late to me. If he is next, then I see him being revealed in a direct in mid Feb. Otherwise, I see him being 3rd or last, and an E3 reveal

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Its obvious Xbox is prepareing for a all digetal streaming future (like what xbox one was kinda suposed to be at launch) but instead of messing that up like xbox one tryed to do, there going to boil the frog slowly with rumors like a diskless xbox one option & so on

The problem is CAN M$ handle being a streaming platform in the future ? they bearly had any exclusives this gen & never used IP' like banjo & so on despite CONSTANT OUTCRYES for it for YEARS ! yet there buying up new 1st party studieos left & right YET they did jack **** with rare OR all those canceled xbox one games that dragon game, project spark shut down & a bunch of others (they even messed helo up 2 times already) (oh & they helped with dead rising 3 witch was meh & then helped with dead rising 4 witch was a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY ! so much so they shut down the company that made those games)

Unless its a FPS Microtansation call of shooty M$ seams to not care that much, can thay really handle going on to be just a platform ?

But that means we would have to wait until E3 for a reveal...

that seems kinda late to me. If he is next, then I see him being revealed in a direct in mid Feb. Otherwise, I see him being 3rd or last, and an E3 reveal
Assuming we don’t get Joker until April/May, that wouldn’t be too far off. We still know nothing about Joker so they still have time to hype him up

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Assuming we don’t get Joker until April/May, that wouldn’t be too far off. We still know nothing about Joker so they still have time to hype him up
Once we see Joker gameplay we can possibly see how long it takes for a DLC fighters pack is made. If they go the plant route and show gameplay and release on a later date then we can predict when "Brave" is revealed. A lot of Jiggies are falling into place here. Don't lose faith! Shout your support wherever you can!
1547519611835.jpg

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Next February is when all the fighters come out. They could announce 3 fighters this year and the last one near the release of the fighter pass. However, I don’t know if the dlc characters would be released one by one or all together at once.

Next February is when all the fighters come out. They could announce 3 fighters this year and the last one near the release of the fighter pass. However, I don’t know if the dlc characters would be released one by one or all together at once.
At most I can see them releasing 2 at once, probably at E3. Then I imagine we wouldn’t see the next until September or October

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Don't get super excited just yet. Brave could still be someone else and all this Microsoft stuff might mean Steve. Unless we get both to represent the old and the new of Microsoft.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I won't outright expect them.

But I am confident that they will be DLC.

Top Bottom