• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It's really hard to say what casuals want. Because they don't normally express that opinions, polls are only really taken by hardcore fans so you don't see the lower votes, and it's not like they go on discussion boards to talk about what characters they like. They just seem to get happy when they see something they know get added. Which Steve fits the bill for. Sure I doubt very many people begged for him to be in smash. But a lot of the casual players will just be happy to see him.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'll be honest... every time I see this casual fans thing come up.. it used to loom it's head during the K. Rool speculation days too.. about how casuals voted in some other character over him and "not everyone wants K. Rool"

I have yet to see a character that would be a "casual" choice show up over and fan requested character.... there's always this fear of the "silent majority" boogeyman in character speculation. Also let me say that the argument of being in a "bubble" is pretty weak show me a site where people want Steve from Minecraft over Banjo-Kazooie.. because every poll I've seen from Reddit, Twitter, Gamefaqs etc. All have Banjo miles ahead of Steve for wantedness.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'll be honest... every time I see this casual fans thing come up.. it used to loom it's head during the K. Rool speculation days too.. about how casuals voted in some other character over him and "not everyone wants K. Rool"

I have yet to see a character that would be a "casual" choice show up over and fan requested character.... there's always this fear of the "silent majority" boogeyman in character speculation. Also let me say that the argument of being in a "bubble" is pretty weak show me a site where people want Steve from Minecraft over Banjo-Kazooie.. because every poll I've seen from Reddit, Twitter, Gamefaqs etc. All have Banjo miles ahead of Steve for wantedness.
GameFAQS isn’t a good measure of sampling because people there are eating the whole “ERDRICK CONFIRMED SO STEVE IS HAPPENING” thing up like flicks of sheep.

D

Deleted member

GameFaqs and YouTube comments are, for me, the cluster****s of Smash speculation.

Don't pay attention to the negativity of those two sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameFAQs really doesn't like Banjo
Tell me about it. Anyone who ever tries talking positively about Banjo immediately gets bombarded with “literally who lol Steve is more successful lol Banjo is dead lol nobody knows who they are lol they’re never coming back lol” etc etc. It’s so frustrating

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
GameFAQs really reminds me of 4chan but people aren't scared of being mean and insulting under a username instead of the anonymous tag.

D

Deleted member

Tell me about it. Anyone who ever tries talking positively about Banjo immediately gets bombarded with “literally who lol Steve is more successful lol Banjo is dead lol nobody knows who they are lol they’re never coming back lol” etc etc. It’s so frustrating
GameFaqs literally only talks positively about characters that Vergeben leaks. It doesn't deserve any attention in the slightest

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Glad we brought up that whole "Xbox Live on Switch" topic, Just thinking about Xbox on Switch is crazy- but man oh man if it gets us our Bear & Bird back on a Nintendo console then I say let it happen, Porting Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie to Switch is HUGE, not only can we play the games on the Go for the first time ever, but Banjo would undoubtedly be apart of the Fighters Pass, and just like SuperiorYoshi87 SuperiorYoshi87 Said, Banjo could absolutely work as the Ambassador character, becoming the bridge to the two companies.

God just thinking about it is getting me worked up, Phil Spencer you beautiful man, dont tease us and for the love of JiggyWiggy himself, dont drop the ball man.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
GameFAQs really reminds me of 4chan but people aren't scared of being mean and insulting under a username instead of the anonymous tag.
The sad thing is, you have an easier time talking about games on /m/.

GameFAQS isn’t a good measure of sampling because people there are eating the whole “ERDRICK CONFIRMED SO STEVE IS HAPPENING” thing up like flicks of sheep.
Yeah, because he's not a character that's only wanted because people are horny for them, like for Shantae. :4pacman:

All it takes is one character that's different than what the vocal majority expects, and the whole card castle tumbles down,

GameFaqs literally only talks positively about characters that Vergeben leaks. It doesn't deserve any attention in the slightest
I wish the Gamefaqs forums never existed and that people remember what the site is actually for; researching games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope Banjo-Kazooie gets ported or remade for the Switch because then I can finally play it and experience it.

Yeah, because he's not a character that's only wanted because people are horny for them, like for Shantae. :4pacman:

I wish the Gamefaqs forums never existed and that people remember what the site is actually for; researching games.
My dude I wish so too

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

Most of the support I see for Steve is from trolls that want to dab on us along with the Geno, Isaac, and Shantebros. I know there are legit supporters that want him in without being jerks. Unfortunately the troll side of it has amassed far beyond actual debate. Plus it should also be mentioned that we have 2 big time game icons on our side, namely Phil Spencer and Steve Mayles, one of the OG art designers of Banjo-kazooie.

Count on this. If our duo is confirmed I will make an account on Gamefaqs and just..rub...it...in. All I want is a little payback and schadenfreude at their expense and I'll be happy forever.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Most of the support I see for Steve is from trolls that want to dab on us along with the Geno, Isaac, and Shantebros. I know there are legit supporters that want him in without being jerks. Unfortunately the troll side of it has amassed far beyond actual debate. Plus it should also be mentioned that we have 2 big time game icons on our side, namely Phil Spencer and Steve Mayles, one of the OG art designers of Banjo-kazooie.

Count on this. If our duo is confirmed I will make an account on Gamefaqs and just..rub...it...in. All I want is a little payback and schadenfreude at their expense and I'll be happy forever.
That reminds me, have Rare personnel answered anything Smash related recently?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That reminds me, have Rare personnel answered anything Smash related recently?
Nope. Both Rare and Phil have been basically silent about anything smash related since King K was announced. When they used to be fairly active in acknowledging smash fans.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It's like the reverse of the Waluigi fanbase, which is actually reasonably dedicated for the most part outside of the idiots that attacked on Twitter.

Nope. Both Rare and Phil have been basically silent about anything smash related since King K was announced. When they used to be fairly active in acknowledging smash fans.
Hopefully this is not Shantae 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
That means one thing...

BANJO SPIRIT CONFIRMED!

hoping this exclamation is false hoping this exclamation is false

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
It's like the reverse of the Waluigi fanbase, which is actually reasonably dedicated for the most part outside of the idiots that attacked on Twitter.

Hopefully this is not Shantae 2: Electric Boogaloo.
Let's hope not. Phil Spencer would be setting himself for a fan outrage if we get a different Microsoft rep after how much he has supported Banjo's inclusion in Smash.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I really don’t think we’d be in the same position if Phil never publicly stated his approval for Banjo in Smash. The fact that he ever said that is probably why the push for Banjo has been so big.

Mr. Stagg

I really don’t think we’d be in the same position if Phil never publicly stated his approval for Banjo in Smash. The fact that he ever said that is probably why the push for Banjo has been so big.
I agree. I may have never come back to smash boards if he didn't say something. He's kept that sentiment since the DLC of Smash 4. Not only that, but a lot of youtubers have pushed support for the duo. Almost every top 10 has Banjo-kazooie in it. Plus I just want to see the hypest collection of reactions from dudes like Arlo and Maxamillion Dood.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
How crazy would this be to finally have Banjo & Kazooie not only in Smash but to have their games on the Switch able to play on the go?! It would be an absolute dream come true.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice

Lest we forget he’s still willing to put them in even 3 years later.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
It's true what you say because before Phil's first tweet, people perceived that Microsoft with Rare, and Nintendo didn't have a great relationship with each other, therefore this discouraged a lot of support for the duo.

D

Deleted member

https://twitter.com/indiegamerchick/status/1092580841228709888?s=21 This person claims that rare and Nintendo have been in talks since May and are supposedly collaborating. Thought this would be interesting to share as she has quite a following.
Interesting. who knows if this actually means anything as this person may have incorrect info but if this is the case it certainly points to Banjo. Maybe Minecraft was a codename for Banjo afterall? It's looking like a possibility.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about the XBox Live on Switch thing all day, and while one way or another I say it increases Banjo's chances...
...I still don't know wtf it means by itself.

Mr. Stagg

Interesting. who knows if this actually means anything as this person may have incorrect info but if this is the case it certainly points to Banjo. Maybe Minecraft was a codename for Banjo afterall? It's looking like a possibility.
I kinda made an involuntary noise of joy. Must calm myself.....

Attachments

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna get my hopes up, since we've been down this road one time too many for me to take. When they get officially confirmed for Smash by Nintendo and Sakurai themselves, then I'll breath a sigh of relief. And then proceed to scream my lungs out in pure ecstatic joy!

habibyo25

Smash Rookie
Ok I'm sorry but who is this and how they are credible? Would be rather hypocritical of me to not trust insiders but trust this person because they are telling me what I want to hear.
Yeah don’t get me wrong Im absolutely skeptical of what this person is saying just thought it was kind of interesting to hear an “insider” talk about rare and nintendo especially after the news of xblive coming to switch.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
My 4 Banjo reaction images are ready regardless.

Yeah there really isn't a lot of Banjo reaction images out there that aren't wojacks.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Wojacks are easy. It takes skill to properly s***post. I'll drop a few of mine.
Oh are we dropping OCs now? Posting my twitter link because the image is way to big to post directly in here. Also because I can't seem to find the button to upload it here like you did.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My 4 Banjo reaction images are ready regardless.

Yeah there really isn't a lot of Banjo reaction images out there that aren't wojacks.
There's always the ever-reliable Guh-Huh Intensifies vid.

Also, when you put aside this possible insider that's laid low until now, the possibility of Xbox Live coming to Switch seems really weird.

Mr. Stagg

Oh are we dropping OCs now? Posting my twitter link because the image is way to big to post directly in here. Also because I can't seem to find the button to upload it here like you did.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I got me that one too! Seems like I've known you before I came back to Smash Boards. And the button to attach files is right on the bottom left of this text box you use to write stuff in.

Attachments

Top Bottom