• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Don't get super excited just yet. Brave could still be someone else and all this Microsoft stuff might mean Steve. Unless we get both to represent the old and the new of Microsoft.
The only thing going for Steve is high sales of Minecraft and Joker so far breaks that assumption that high sales guarantees a slot. Barely anyone wants him and the support of Banjo-kazooie far outweighs his. If Nintendo plans to make a themed reveal around Steve I doubt it would go with the Xbox Game pass coming to Switch since Minecraft isn't on it.

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
Didn't Microsoft say a while back that they wanted to put Xbox Games Pass on as many devices as they can?

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
These theories and speculations about the game’s data sure beats having to wait for some dumb 4chan leak to turn out to be fake. I’m with you guys through thick and thin coming from a Banjo supporter ever since the ballot was first opened.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
These theories and speculations about the game’s data sure beats having to wait for some dumb 4chan leak to turn out to be fake.
That's probably because unlike a lot of those so-called "leaks", this feels like it actually has some plausible substance to it based both on what we know and how DLC's been developed in the past.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Imagine Banjo being the one to BTFO all insiders. May they hear his GUH HUH in their nightmares.

D

Deleted member

I highly doubt Microsoft wouldn't add a DLC representative in Smash with the way things are going. Better company relations, Vergeben hearing about some Minecraft content, a literal portion of the VGA dedicating itself to Reggie and Phil saying they want better working relations, and now this. What this spells for Banjo specifically is not known, because I don't know the extent of what XBox Live Switch will be. Fingers crossed

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
What if Banjo's classic route consists of classic Banjo bosses? Like say, K. Rool or Yoshi as Mr. Patch, DK as Conga, Red and Blue Charizard for the dragons in Hailfire Peak, etc.

Mr. Stagg

No lie, if Banjo gets in it’s gonna be so satisfying to shut up all the people who laughed at us and said so confidently that Banjo would never happen
I've got a good collection of Banjo-kazooie reaction pics and memes for it it does happen. Lately what I've been doing is Grunty-posting on 4chan. Whenever people post that smug Steve render and act like jerkasses I counter with a Grunty pic and an insulting rhyme. Its actually quite fun. I defeated one Steve already and it feels soooooooo goooood.
Screenshot_20190129-025327_Chrome.jpg

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I've got a good collection of Banjo-kazooie reaction pics and memes for it it does happen. Lately what I've been doing is Grunty-posting on 4chan. Whenever people post that smug Steve render and act like jerkasses I counter with a Grunty pic and an insulting rhyme. Its actually quite fun. I defeated one Steve already and it feels soooooooo goooood.

That was you??? You were spitting fire that night. The 7 and the trips? It was amazing. I was actually the one who made the Banjo post that started the 7 meme.. I have a better picture somewhere else but this is all I have on my phone right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Stagg

That was you??? You were spitting fire that night. The 7 and the trips? It was amazing. I was actually the one who made the Banjo post that started the 7 meme.. I have a better picture somewhere else but this is all I have on my phone right now.
Holy heck you saw that? Freaken sweet! I have the tale of 7 on my phone as well. Such good stuff.

To anyone that wants to see me Grunty post a Steve into submission here is the thread link.

http://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/4486934

I know I can do better, but this was the most fun I ever had on 4chan.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I highly doubt Microsoft wouldn't add a DLC representative in Smash with the way things are going. Better company relations, Vergeben hearing about some Minecraft content, a literal portion of the VGA dedicating itself to Reggie and Phil saying they want better working relations, and now this. What this spells for Banjo specifically is not known, because I don't know the extent of what XBox Live Switch will be. Fingers crossed
As much as I'm not a fan of Steve; this partnership certainly seems to have some intriguing and possibly exciting implications. At the very least; Steve may be the "building blocks" for possible future collaborations. (Badum--tssss)

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Err... what’s the tale of 7 if you don’t mind me asking.
Basically a thread on 4chan where if your post ended with 7 then your character is in Smash DLC. Throughout the thread most of the Banjobros got the 7s where the Steve's got nothing. Pretty glorious.

As much as I'm not a fan of Steve; this partnership certainly seems to have some intriguing and possibly exciting implications. At the very least; Steve may be the "building blocks" for possible future collaborations. (Badum--tssss)
As much as I can understand why everyone thinks Steve is the “logical” choice, I feel like it would be the classic Nintendo curveball to add Banjo when everyone is expecting Steve. Like, sure they have a great thing going with the Minecraft crossplay, but adding Steve wouldn’t really be anything new to represent their growing partnership, it’d just be “oh, more Minecraft stuff.” Which doesn’t seem like what Nintendo likes to do

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Not sure if it changes anything...

but people in other threads seem to be stating Brave is now “officially” Erdrick. Why you might ask?

http://instagr.am/p/Bta15lBFa00/
For those who don’t know, he’s the head of Kirby at HAL and has an Original Game Supervisor credit in Smash.

My two cents: Isn’t this another Rathalos picture equals Isaac situation?

Mr. Stagg

Not sure if it changes anything...

but people in other threads seem to be stating Brave is now “officially” Erdrick. Why you might ask?

http://instagr.am/p/Bta15lBFa00/
For those who don’t know, he’s the head of Kirby at HAL and has an Original Game Supervisor credit in Smash.

My two cents: Isn’t this another Rathalos picture equals Isaac situation?
It very much looks like one. Same as the "Dig" comment the Xbox game pass made toward Smash Bros.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
It would be a lot more suspicious if he later deleted the post since there’s gotta be a serious NDA and repercussions for it. It’s probably another “dig” situation so don’t lose hope.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Besides. It would be totally NDA breaking unless it was an authorized "hint". But that isn't a hint. Thats an outright "yeah he's coming" if it's authorized. Might as well have announced him instead of making the hint post. I bet it's nothing more than people using confirmation bias.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
These theories and speculations about the game’s data sure beats having to wait for some dumb 4chan leak to turn out to be fake. I’m with you guys through thick and thin coming from a Banjo supporter ever since the ballot was first opened.
Which 4chan leak?

About the whole 'Brave' fiasco, yeah am pretty damn sure it's Erdrick as well.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

I mean, seriously, look how well they fit in with the Mario crew! Bad art aside, lol, I would love to have these two reunite with their Nintendo comrades especially for this game. It's well past time for their big reunion.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
New here... as long as Banjo is considred a game title series that is exclusive to Xbox or other platforms but not in Ninendo consoles, I think Banjo is a very difficult case that it cannot be as same as those existed 3rd parties, even if he relates to Rare and DK franchise. I would keep being suspicious in this case if we can only rely on whether NIntendo and Microsoft would have any commercial tie in the first place to make Banjo for Smash happen.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman

I mean, seriously, look how well they fit in with the Mario crew! Bad art aside, lol, I would love to have these two reunite with their Nintendo comrades especially for this game. It's well past time for their big reunion.
Oh god that Peach

D

Deleted member

The Erdrick support thread virtually agrees that the instagram photo doesn't mean much. It just confirms
1) Brave = Hero
2) DQ is popular in Japan.

Since we knew that already, this photo means very little.

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
There's pics from that profile with Kirby + Mr. Saturn, and Kirby + Majora's Mask, so does it really confirm?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean Erdrick is right up there with Ryu and Ken on Smash's list of Worst Kept Secrets imo. The photo doesn't confirm any more than we already knew. I guess maybe it further shows how "Brave" is nigh-universally related to Erdrick/Dragon Quest, but most already realized that.

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
How exactly would that HAL guy sharing the pic of the shield be breaking NDA if HAL doesn't even work on Smash anymore?

D

Deleted member

There's pics from that profile with Kirby + Mr. Saturn, and Kirby + Majora's Mask, so does it really confirm?
No, it doesn't confirm him. All the post is doing is connecting "brave" with Erdrick. It has nothing to do with Smash.

Plus, the guy has taken images of Kirby with, like you said, Skull Kid, and even Goku ffs.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
This probably just deconfirms the idea that Banjo is “brave” but the duck hunt theory could still be plausible.

D

Deleted member

This probably just deconfirms the idea that Banjo is “brave” but the duck hunt theory could still be plausible.
It..doesn't though, because, again, all this instagram post is doing is linking the term "brave" with Erdrick. It has nothing to do with Smash, and "brave" is not an exclusive term to DQ.

This guy has also posted an image of Kirby with Skull Kid: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnRYNU3lCRJ/

It doesn't confirm that Erdrick is brave

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I'm sort of freaking out ... What timeline are we living inn?

EVERYONE IS HERE.
Konami not only brings us back Snake, but throws a blood fest of Castlevania.
Pichu, Young Link and the whole Team of Pokémon Trainer back.
K. Rool and Ridley, the biggest juggernauts since Brawl coming to the fight, TOGETHER.
Shortest speculation period, ever.
Common enemy no one saw coming, Piranha Plant!?

AND NOW ... Microsoft possibilities on a Nintendo console?
Holy hell, this timeline is crazy now. Banjo back to Nintendo is possible, and even bloody Master Chief.
Thought Cloud was crazy? Now Master Chief seems as well plausable.

What is even Smash!?
Sakurai, you mad man.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
This would literally mean we can get banjo back on Nintendo console's... imagine if they have a new Banjo game in the works to be one of the new games that serves as an ambassador game... scratch that imagine if Banjo is sort of an ambassador character to this new direction... a character that brings them together as he's a product of two companies... lordy lord I didn't think was possible but I'm hypin myself too much folks... I'm getting that feeling like it could happen...

How exactly would that HAL guy sharing the pic of the shield be breaking NDA if HAL doesn't even work on Smash anymore?
The better question is, how would this guy even know anything about the roster if he doesn’t work on a smash anymore, let alone have an NDA to worry about? lol

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
The better question is, how would this guy even know anything about the roster if he doesn’t work on a smash anymore, let alone have an NDA to worry about? lol
Exactly? Maybe he just want to poke fun of the theorists, or like the idea himself. Perhaps he is trolling, or perhaps he is just good at an unpredictable coincidence.

D

Deleted member

Or maybe just celebrating DQ (or the release of DQ XI specifically), since it is extremely popular in Japan.

This would literally mean we can get banjo back on Nintendo console's... imagine if they have a new Banjo game in the works to be one of the new games that serves as an ambassador game... scratch that imagine if Banjo is sort of an ambassador character to this new direction... a character that brings them together as he's a product of two companies... lordy lord I didn't think was possible but I'm hypin myself too much folks... I'm getting that feeling like it could happen...
I'm pretty confident about Banjo coming too. It's about time the duo is revived :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only thing going for Steve is high sales of Minecraft and Joker so far breaks that assumption that high sales guarantees a slot. Barely anyone wants him and the support of Banjo-kazooie far outweighs his. If Nintendo plans to make a themed reveal around Steve I doubt it would go with the Xbox Game pass coming to Switch since Minecraft isn't on it.
I'm all for people wanting Banjo over Steve, as that's they're own prerogative, but to say the high sales are the only thing Minecraft has going for it and that "barely anyone" wants Steve is blatantly false. The Smash Bubble isn't the only group asking for characters.

Top Bottom