• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Xbox Live on Switch is absolute bonkers. Right now it may just be for looking at achievements and buying games for Xbox One, but it wont be long before were able to play/stream some of these in the near future.

Were reaching peak happening levels. Banjo can legit come home now. Holy ****
6jpad8euxg021.jpg

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I really don't think its going to be anything more then just the Windows 10 and Mobile phone apps. Don't expect it to be like "Microsoft is going to make all their games for the Nintendo Switch now"

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Let's hope that they don't drop the ball on this like the NFL and Maroon 5 did by not playing Sweet Victory in the Super Bowl after hyping it up.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Let's hope that they don't drop the ball on this like the NFL and Maroon 5 did by not playing Sweet Victory in the Super Bowl after hyping it up.
Now I KNOW that Nintendo AND Microsoft has more integrity than those hacks in the NFL.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Someone get a sweet victory ****post for when our boi is announced. I have no video editing software sadly enough.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Someone get a sweet victory ****post for when our boi is announced. I have no video editing software sadly enough.
AAAAGH I feel so powerless! Steve-threads are popping up all over /v/ and I can't Grunty-post from work! 4chan doesn't allow phone posting.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's really hard to say what casuals want. Because they don't normally express that opinions, polls are only really taken by hardcore fans so you don't see the lower votes, and it's not like they go on discussion boards to talk about what characters they like. They just seem to get happy when they see something they know get added. Which Steve fits the bill for. Sure I doubt very many people begged for him to be in smash. But a lot of the casual players will just be happy to see him.
That, and DLC is typically bought by a percentage of the people who buy the initial game. The die hard fans that stick around long enough to buy it, and care about the game enough to lay another $20 on it.

Plus, Minecraft fans literally don't even care about Steve. He's an interchangeable skin. A certain facet of smash fans have just done what they ALWAYS do and bandwagon behind a character they THINK is likely. See: Erdrick. Before that: Sceptile, Impa. It'll always happen. If Steve's not in, nobody will care and they'll move onto the next thing.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
It's also worth noting the Switch gamr teased by Nintendo. They mentioned that a game will be coming that many fans will be happy about. Could this be a Banjo-Kazooie game?

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
The tweets she made getting removed is definitely suspicious. The info she provided could be inaccurate or real.

What likely happened is that given her sources from Ninty and MS, she wasn't supposed to know about the Xbox Live service hitting Switch. That was supposed to be a March announcement from MS that got leaked thanks to GDC scheduling. She probably thought the news surrounding "Nintendo negotiating and coming to a agreement with MS about Rare content" wasn't as private as it is but now her job can be on the line (or maybe some others) so she deleted the tweets.

The only thing I've been able to see on her Twitter that she predicted was Nintendo's online, third parties coming to it, and which were the first co-op games it was going to have. There's a lot of posts from her so it's hard to see more of anything she could of got right.

She does seem to possibly have a bias for Banjo, because it's the game that "inspired her to become a gamer."
However, she was also truthful and critical about it and other Rare games, so it would seem strange for her to come out of nowhere and suddenly be stirring the pot about false things.

I don't know, we should take it with a grain of salt, but let it be our hope candle for right now.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
The tweets she made getting removed is definitely suspicious. The info she provided could be inaccurate or real.

What likely happened is that given her sources from Ninty and MS, she wasn't supposed to know about the Xbox Live service hitting Switch. That was supposed to be a March announcement from MS that got leaked thanks to GDC scheduling. She probably thought the news surrounding "Nintendo negotiating and coming to a agreement with MS about Rare content" wasn't as private as it is but now her job can be on the line (or maybe some others) so she deleted the tweets.

The only thing I've been able to see on her Twitter that she predicted was Nintendo's online, third parties coming to it, and which were the first co-op games it was going to have. There's a lot of posts from her so it's hard to see more of anything she could of got right.

She does seem to possibly have a bias for Banjo, because it's the game that "inspired her to become a gamer."
However, she was also truthful and critical about it and other Rare games, so it would seem strange for her to come out of nowhere and suddenly be stirring the pot about false things.

I don't know, we should take it with a grain of salt, but let it be our hope candle for right now.
What would make me curious is how she knows this info but none of the heavily spoken insiders know this info. Was this supposed to be a secret among all of them or do they continue to go off outdated info from a year ago?

What would make me curious is how she knows this info but none of the heavily spoken insiders know this info. Was this supposed to be a secret among all of them or do they continue to go off outdated info from a year ago?
Lest we never forget that random play tester who leaked Piranha Plant early but nobody even noticed until after the fact. Sometimes the outspoken leakers don’t know everything or even have false info.

It seems like this girl has kept her info close because she wasn’t sure what to make of it until all this Microsoft/Nintendo stuff has been coming out recently.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Lest we never forget that random play tester who leaked Piranha Plant early but nobody even noticed until after the fact. Sometimes the outspoken leakers don’t know everything or even have false info.

It seems like this girl has kept her info close because she wasn’t sure what to make of it until all this Microsoft/Nintendo stuff has been coming out recently.
I mean of course. But what makes it the most strange is that none of them would even entertain the idea that it might be Banjo. it was Steve or nothing. And even with Steve it's a constant state of being "pushed back but still 100% confirmed" or "we aren't so sure".

I mean of course. But what makes it the most strange is that none of them would even entertain the idea that it might be Banjo. it was Steve or nothing. And even with Steve it's a constant state of being "pushed back but still 100% confirmed" or "we aren't so sure".
I’ve always said we could get Banjo AND Steve. Maybe that’s what’s happening? Maybe negotiations for Banjo happened after all these insiders got their Steve info

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I’ve always said we could get Banjo AND Steve. Maybe that’s what’s happening? Maybe negotiations for Banjo happened after all these insiders got their Steve info
Microsoft getting two reps would sure be a complete shock.sure I wouldn't mind Steve at that point but I would prefer it to be another Rare rep like Conker.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'm a fan of both Steve and Banjo, so as long as we get one of them I'll be happy. They're pretty much the only 3rd parties I care about aside from Geno.
I do hope this all leads to Banjo however, and we end up getting a Minecraft stage and boss instead. The guh huh guy deserves it. Anyways, Minecraft can be represented fine without Steve. For all we know, Steve didn't work out due to his limited articulation, and it was only a choice made by Sakurai after developement began, causing rumors of being playable. A creeper assist and maybe a diamand armor set Mii costume would be neat.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Well the rumor that Steve was in play testing builds (as odd as that sounds) might have come from them seeing a full body Steve Mii costume.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I wouldnt get hyped over a tweet removed just yet. The famous 2015 Rayman leak video was removed from youtube. This made many people think that the leak was real, but hardly anyone noticed that the vodeo was removed by the uploader himself, not Nintendo. This lady could be deleting her own tweets to get banjobros to believe that her rumor is indeed real. We should still keep an eye on her, but not let ourselves get bamboozled.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Rare Replay Switch port let's go!
If they put RARE Replay on Switch, I kinda hope they add the DKC games in as well. Along with Diddy Kong Racing, Star Fox Adventures, and the long shot Goldeneye. You know if they added the later the game will sell like hotcakes.

It might sell well regardless, though.
You know what would be better than a Rare Replay Switch Port? A N64 Mini with all the Rareware games included in it. :)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I wouldnt get hyped over a tweet removed just yet. The famous 2015 Rayman leak video was removed from youtube. This made many people think that the leak was real, but hardly anyone noticed that the vodeo was removed by the uploader himself, not Nintendo. This lady could be deleting her own tweets to get banjobros to believe that her rumor is indeed real. We should still keep an eye on her, but not let ourselves get bamboozled.
I would say if she wanted a positive reputation she wouldn't do that because she is doing it fully understand a Twitter handle. Not being anonymous so it will follow her. But maybe she did do it all as one big practical joke.

Top Bottom