• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Maybe someone can clear this up for me, but sometimes people are shocked if someone legitimately wants Steve in the game and I really don't see why. I get that overall Banjo is likely the preferred choice for a Microsoft rep
This is the problem.

Most of us have wanted Banjo in Smash since Smash was a thing, he rightfully deserved to join the fight, but then Microsoft happened. The second we got a glimmer of hope from Phil Spencer that Banjo still had a chance, everyone else immediately jumped to "Microsoft rep." There is no Microsoft rep, Nintendo isn't going to go to Microsoft and ask them "hey, do you want a character in Smash?" Banjo is not a Microsoft rep, Banjo is a lost Nintendo character, it's annoying that you can't even bring up Banjo in Smash without someone shoving Steve down your throat or the rare Master Chief suggestion. There is no "Microsoft rep" on the table, Banjo is on the table, not Steve, not Chief, no other Microsoft character is on the table, we want Banjo, not Microsoft.

To make it clear, most of us don't care about people who want Steve. If you want Steve, that's all fine and dandy, just leave Banjo alone please.

Last edited:
This is the problem.

Most of us have wanted Banjo in Smash since Smash was a thing, he rightfully deserved to join the fight, but then Microsoft happened. The second we got a glimmer of hope from Phil Spencer that Banjo still had a chance, everyone else immediately jumped to "Microsoft rep." There is no Microsoft rep, Nintendo isn't going to go to Microsoft and ask them "hey, do you want a character in Smash?" Banjo is not a Microsoft rep, Banjo is a lost Nintendo character, it's annoying that you can't even bring up Banjo in Smash without someone shoving Steve down your throat or the rare Master Chief suggestion. There is no "Microsoft rep" on the table, Banjo is on the table, not Steve, not Chief, no other Microsoft character is on the table, we want Banjo, not Microsoft.

To make it clear, most of us don't care about people who want Steve. If you want Steve, that's all fine and dandy, just leave Banjo alone please.
Exactly. This whole idea of “reps” from a company of so silly. Ryu and Mega Man aren’t “Capcom reps,” they’re in the game because they’re iconic. People don’t want Banjo because they want a “Microsoft rep,” they want Banjo because of his history with Nintendo and so on so forth. I get so sick of this argument

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Exactly. This whole idea of “reps” from a company of so silly. Ryu and Mega Man aren’t “Capcom reps,” they’re in the game because they’re iconic. People don’t want Banjo because they want a “Microsoft rep,” they want Banjo because of his history with Nintendo and so on so forth. I get so sick of this argument
Man, you guys really changed my perception about Geno.

At some point I hope all three get in (can't forget Kazooie of course lol)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hello, i'm new here and i come to say i do support Banjo & Kazooie's possible inclusion for smash's DLC, i never heard of Banjo Kazooie during my childhood i only knew Mario, Donkey Kong,Kirby,Sonic,and Sometimes Crash, the First Time i saw Banjo was in a video called Super Smash Bros Gmod 3(an old sfm movie)were he and kazooie were there and so was grunty & clanker, i had never played Banjo Kazooie before until i bought Nuts & Bolts for the xbox 360,but stopped playing for some reasons not that it was bad, last year i bought the very first game on the n64, i played it and enjoyed it, i do like Banjo Kazooie and hope for them to be one of the fighters for the pass.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
yeah tbh while they might want to work with different people (though they're really just negotiating while supervisors tell Sakurai what to do with their IP), it really just depends on the characters they want, so we could get Banjo-Kazooie and Steve as well as Rare characters other than B-K along with Cuphead and his pal Mugman, or in other companies' cases, Geno - Mallow - and Erdrick, Wood Man - Phoenix Wright - Street Fighter, Bomberman - I'm sorry I'm not incredibly familiar with these companies' IPs.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Like I said before, people should want characters because they honestly want them, not to fill some arbitrary quota like "we need x character so that y company has something in Smash". We ain't businessmen here.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Banjo is not a Microsoft rep, Banjo is a lost Nintendo character
I'm honestly surprised at just how often this gets left out of the discussion when it comes to Banjo and Kazooie when it's their USP. People might bring up their "history with Nintendo", but that's severely underselling it. Loads of third parties have a history with Nintendo. The bear and bird were wholesale, unambiguously, Nintendo characters. Outright owned by them. Promoted in the late 90s as bonafide mascots alongside titans like Mario, Link, DK, Yoshi and Pikachu. They were Nintendo All-Stars before Smash even immortalised the concept. And we lost them. I feel like people who didn't grow up with the Nintendo 64 have zero reference point for just how much of a bummer that actually was. Like, imagine if Splatoon had been developed by a 2nd party company who broke away from Nintendo after Splatoon 2. People would be heartbroken, and rightfully so. I don't resent younger fans for not having any attachment to the characters if they were before their time, but I'll admit to getting a touch frustrated when people accuse the fan desire for them as just down to nostalgia. Plenty of other Nintendo characters and series have been on the receiving end of neglect or ill treatment, sure, but they've never been lost. Other third parties are, at the end of the day, just guest characters, hanging with a crowd that they don't fully belong with. And, hey, I'm not knocking that. That's, broadly, the appeal and the fun of third parties. But Banjo and Kazooie wouldn't be that. They'd be a reunion with a family they were severed from, and that's why people get so passionate about them.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here and this post is largely pointless, it just gets frustrating how perhaps the most important fact about Banjo and Kazooie and the weight and meaning behind their inclusion seems to get lost, for some reason, when he comes up in general character speculation. They're not just any old dated 90s platforming mascot.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm honestly surprised at just how often this gets left out of the discussion when it comes to Banjo and Kazooie when it's their USP. People might bring up their "history with Nintendo", but that's severely underselling it. Loads of third parties have a history with Nintendo. The bear and bird were wholesale, unambiguously, Nintendo characters. Outright owned by them. Promoted in the late 90s as bonafide mascots alongside titans like Mario, Link, DK, Yoshi and Pikachu. They were Nintendo All-Stars before Smash even immortalised the concept. And we lost them. I feel like people who didn't grow up with the Nintendo 64 have zero reference point for just how much of a bummer that actually was. Like, imagine if Splatoon had been developed by a 2nd party company who broke away from Nintendo after Splatoon 2. People would be heartbroken, and rightfully so. I don't resent younger fans for not having any attachment to the characters if they were before their time, but I'll admit to getting a touch frustrated when people accuse the fan desire for them as just down to nostalgia. Plenty of other Nintendo characters and series have been on the receiving end of neglect or ill treatment, sure, but they've never been lost. Other third parties are, at the end of the day, just guest characters, hanging with a crowd that they don't fully belong with. And, hey, I'm not knocking that. That's, broadly, the appeal and the fun of third parties. But Banjo and Kazooie wouldn't be that. They'd be a reunion with a family they were severed from, and that's why people get so passionate about them.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here and this post is largely pointless, it just gets frustrating how perhaps the most important fact about Banjo and Kazooie and the weight and meaning behind their inclusion seems to get lost, for some reason, when he comes up in general character speculation. They're not just any old dated 90s platforming mascot.
This applies to the Battletoads, as well. When it came to those guys, the first thing you think of was "Nintendo", since their first game came out on the humble NES. Some of their series entries were exclusive to Nintendo hardware, to boot. One of the few examples of extreme 90s mascots that managed to last toe-to-toe with Sonic. Not to mention being the patron saints of extreme challenge in older games. Only thing holding them back was the lack of merchandise.

Now? They basically left the boat with everyone in Rare, the only time we've seen them again in years was in Shovel Knight, on Microsoft's version even then.

And don't get me started on Killer Instinct.

Basically, Rare were a bona fide second party like HAL, with the advantage of covering games for the West. Next Level and Retro sort of cover that niche, but their output is not nearly as prominent like Rare's used to be.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Let's not forget Nintendo traded Banjo and Kazooie for some Donkey Kong characters they never did anything with. Nintendo fully-owned Banjo Kazooie they could have kept them.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i want to bring up the topic of the xbox live coming over to the switch and talk about the list of games it currently has in store, so recently i looked at the list of games that Xbox live has and i was wondering,what if the games they have will be available when xbox live comes to the switch or will it have a different line up then the one on the xbox one
Now i want to drop the list of games to see what they currently got and what's going to come soon,there will be a comma to a game that's already on the switch,the list has
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Jetpack:Refulled
Viva Pinata
Banjo Kazooie:Nuts & Bolts
Viva Pinata:Trouble in Paradise
Sea of Thieves
Battletoads(2019)
Halo:The Master Chief Collection
Halo Wars:Definitive Edition
Halo 5:Guardians
Halo Wars 2
Halo:Spartan Assault
Gears of War(Original and Ultimate Edition)
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Gears of War 4
Gear of War:Judgement
Gears 5
Forza Horizon 4
Super Lucky's Tale(Rumored)
Comic Jumper
Crackdown 3
Fable Anniversary
Fable II
Fable 3
Fuzion Frenzy
Heckblade:Senua's Sacrifice(Sorry for the Censor)
Iron Brigade
Ori and The Blind Forest
Ori and the Will of the Wisp
ReCore:Definitive Edition
Splosion Man
Ms. Splosion Man*
State of Decay
State of Decay 2
We Happy Few
Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection
Wasteland 2:Director's Cut
Hexic 2
Deadlight:Director's Cut
D4:Dark Dreams Don't Die
Spelunky
Braid
SEGA Vintage Collection
  • Alex Kidd & Co
  • Golden Axe
  • Monster World
  • Streets of Rage
Sonic CD
Sonic & Knuckles
Comix Zone
Virtua Fighter 5:Final Showdown
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Mega Man Legacy Collection*
Mega Man Legacy Collection II*
Mega Man 9
Mega Man 10
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil:Revelations 2
Dead Rising 2
Dead Rising 3
DmC Devil May Cry:Definitive Edition
Devil May Cry 4:Special Edition
Final Fight:Double Impact
Strider
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Namco Museum*
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+
Pac-Man Museum
Dig Dug
Soul Calibur
Soul Calibur 2
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse*
Shantae:Half Genie Hero*
De Blob 2
Overcooked*
Overcooked 2*
Playerunknown's Battleground(PUBG)
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Last Light Redux
Operation Flashpoint:Dragon Rising
Ruiner
This War of Mine:The Little Ones
Zombie Army Trilogy
Tower of Guns
Absolver
Agents of Mayhem
Aven Colony
Blood Bowl 2
Bound by Flame
Castlestorm
Shadow Complex Remastered
Dark Void
Defense Grid
Defense Grid 2
GRID 2
Monaco:What's Yours is Mine
Monday Night Combat
Laser League
Flock!
Joe Danger:Special Edition
Joe Danger 2:The Movie
Joy Ride Turbo
Pharanoic
Stacking
The Maw
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers:Cold War
Dungeons & Dragons:Chronicles of Mystara
Giana Sisters:Twisted Dreams
Ninja Gaiden Black
Double Dragon Neon
Bayonetta*
Oddworld:New 'n' Tasty
Elder Scrolls IV:Oblivion
Elder Scrolls Online
Metal Gear Solid IV:Ground Zeroes
Mortal Kombat X
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Saints Row:The Third
Saints Row:Gat Out of Heck!(Sorry Again)
Saints Row IV:Re-Elected
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock:Infinite
Hitman Season 1
Life is Strange:Complete Edition
Life is Strange:Before the Storm
Life is Strange 2 Part 1
Dead Island(Definitive Edition and Riptide Definitive Edition)
Darksiders:Warmstered Edition
Darksiders 2:Deathinitive Edition
Doom(2016)*
The Division
Shadow Warrior
Shadow Warrior 2
Hue
Late Shift
Layers of Fear
Homefront:The Revolution
Just Cause 3
Quantom Break
Strange Brigade
Brothers:A Tale of Two Sons
Metal Slug XX
Metal Slug 3
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
Samurai Showdown 2
Garou Mark of the Wolves
King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match
ARK:Survival Evolved
Rage
Middle-Earth:Shadow of Mordor
Payday 2:Crimewave Edition
Outlast
Mutant Year Zero
The Swapper
Sky Force Anniversary
Sky Force Reloaded
Limbo*
N+
a Kingdom of Kleflings
a World of Kleflings
XCOM Enemy Within
Age of Booty
Rime*
Snake Pass*
#IDARB
Robocraft Infinity
Roundabout
10 Second Ninja X
Abzu
Aftercharge
Ashen
Farming Simulator 15
Farming Simulator 17
Terraria*
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition*
Human Fall Flat*
Hello Neighbor*/Secret Neighbor
Bard's Gold
Below
Ultratron
Unmechanical:Extended
Bomber Crew
Thomas Was Alone
ClusterTruck
Cities:Skylines
Costume Quest 2
Dandara*
Electronic Super Joy
InnerSpace
Jumpjet Rex
Knight Squad
Kingdom:Two Lands
Kingdom of Two Crowns
Supermarket Shriek
So Many Me
Steredenn
KYUB
Letter Quest:Grimm's Journey
Lumo
The Bridge
Massive Chalice
Mega Coin Squad
Manuel Samuel
Max:The Curse of Brotherhood*
OlliOlli
Maldita Castilla Ex
Ryse:Son of Rome
Sacred 3
Sacred Citadel
The Technomancer
Next Up Hero
Oxenfree
Portal Knights
The Flame in the Flood*
The Final Station*
Thieves of Thieves Season 1
The Gardens Between*
Westerado:Double Barreled
Warhammer:Verminitide 2
The Escapists*
The Escapists:The Walking Dead
NBA 2k16
NBA 2k17
NBA Playgrounds*
WWE 2k16
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
Dirt Rally
DIRT 4
Super Mega Baseball:Extra Linnings
MotoGP 17
MX vs ATX Reflex
MXGP3
Pumped BMX+
Riptide Renegade GP
PES 2019
ScreamRide
Tecmo Bowl Throwback
WRC 5:World Rally Championship
OnRush
Euro Fishing
The Golf Club
Sherlock Holmes:The Devil's Daughter
World of Van Helsing:Deathtrap
Disney Land Adventures
Kinect Rush:A Disney & Pixar Adventure
Sam & Max:Save the World
Sam & Max:Beyond Time & Space
Lego Batman:The Videogame
Lego Indiana Jones:The Original Adventures
The Lego Movie: Video Game
Injustice:Gods Among Us
Mad Max

Note:There's Still a few more that i didn't list on here, my fingers were getting tired from typing and categorizing the games.
Update:i came back to add the full list of games

Now i'm not sure if these games will be on the pass when it comes to the switch, i'm just wondering if they will be available when the pass comes or not, but what do you guys think?

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Also more stuff has been coming out about that girl we were talking about the other night. She deleted all her tweets involving rare, and apparently she knew about Xbox live coming to the switch awhile ago AND about Star Fox 2 and who developed it months before the announcement of the SNES mini.. /V/ is currently arguing over her legitimacy.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Also more stuff has been coming out about that girl we were talking about the other night. She deleted all her tweets involving rare, and apparently she knew about Xbox live coming to the switch awhile ago AND about Star Fox 2 and who developed imonths before the announcement of the SNES mini.. /V/ is currently arguing over her legitimacy.
GameFAQS currently "decided" that, as per usual, Banjo is fake, IGC is fake, Steve is their saviour, etc.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I wish GameFaqs would stop.

They're making Steve look bad why can't he and Banjo be friends, Kazooie could make fun of him.
You know you actually make me feel legit sympathy for actual Steve fans. Stuck in the middle of a war between Banjo fans and Steve trolls when all you guys want in some sort of Minecraft representation in smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
oh dang I didn't realize IndieGamerChick's entire Twitter itself was deleted.

unless she's truly messing with everyone, I think this is gonna be big bois.

edit: false alarm sorry guys, I goofed.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Haven't posted since the Holiday season ,But good to be back after a short break, Been having fun with Piranha Plant as a new DLC addition, But still holding out for Banjo-Kazooie and with Nintendo and Microsoft looking to improve their business relationship with Xbox Live integration for crossplay that can only mean good things for their future.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Haven't posted since the Holiday season ,But good to be back after a short break, Been having fun with Piranha Plant as a new DLC addition, But still holding out for Banjo-Kazooie and with Nintendo and Microsoft looking to improve their business relationship with Xbox Live integration for crossplay that can only mean good things for their future.
I think Banjo in Smash is inevitable at this point if their relationship keeps getting better and better, which it seems it is. Including him is a no brainer, especially if it would please a lot of fans and Phil Spencer gave the thumbs up.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I really do think Banjo could have been a full fledged franchise with many sequels if Nintendo was still in control. That's how much Nintendo tried to market them.

Ryanthemememan

Smash Rookie
oh woops, I just goofed.

I checked again...it was a status link. My bad.

I guess the tweets themselves being deleted could still be promising, though...I hope. She seems legit since people are listening to her...
Last NIght I tagged papagenos papagenos Cause the info might be instresting I wake up today to find out Her tweet is gone!

A few Hours later im blocked!

Something going on!

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
*Plays Amazing Grace...ON THE KAZOO

Man...I get lost in math hell (along with my usual madness) trying to figure out Banjo's height, and come back to all of this. Glorious, all of it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Uh...guys? I think things are starting to line up.
Taking it with a grain of salt for the moment, but I will say that Edel better use a bleeding axe. Otherwise that opportunity's wasted.

Very interdasting otherwise. In all seriousness though I'd be cool with this Fighter Pass roster, especially considering that it would tear apart the "nothing but third parties" theory.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
MssingGlitch:That's it. Banjo is cancelled. We knew to much. It's no longer a surprise.
D-don't say that please

Last edited:
Top Bottom