• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
Do y'all still believe in the 'credible' leakers that keep saying Steve will get in?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Do y'all still believe in the 'credible' leakers that keep saying Steve will get in?
Ovaltine Ovaltine made a really good post about it in the Geno thread. Basically we don't know for sure yet since all the information seems to be coming from events that had no way to actually happen (Steve in a pre-build of the game) he is currently just a strong rumor.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I've said this before and I'll say it again: after the "Grinch Leak" fiasco, the only ones I'm believing are Nintendo and Sakurai. I don't care what the track record of these leakers/insiders is, I'll still take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've said this before and I'll say it again: after the "Grinch Leak" fiasco, the only ones I'm believing are Nintendo and Sakurai. I don't care what the track record of these leakers/insiders is, I'll still take everything they say with a grain of salt.
I don't understand this train of thought.

The Grinch Hoax made the credible leakers dismiss it immediately, and the fiasco only started because people didn't trust them. If anything, the Grinch hoax gives reason to listen to insiders, not dismiss them.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, unless they show actual proof of what they're claiming, then all we have to go on is their word, which frankly isn't enough to convince me that they're legit.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, unless they show actual proof of what they're claiming, then all we have to go on is their word, which frankly isn't enough to convince me that they're legit.
Despite the fact that all but one thing (Minecraft content) has come true so far, and the one questionable thing is all but confirmed (Erdrick)?

The skepticism seems really arbitrary.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But then again. It was either stick with your guns and continue claiming what you are claiming. Or say the Grinch leak is real, it end up being fake, and you look like a laughing stock. It was better to just stick with what they were saying so at least if you were wrong you could just say you were misinformed.

The Grinch Leak shouldn't be used to gadge anyone's credibility.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But then again. It was either stick with your guns and continue claiming what you are claiming. Or say the Grinch leak is real, it end up being fake, and you look like a laughing stock. It was better to just stick with what they were saying so at least if you were wrong you could just say you were misinformed.
It wasn't just Vergeben (who claimed Incineroar was in) that denied the Grinch hoax being real. Tons of other insiders came out of the woodwork and said it was false when they could have just kept quiet.

Using the fallout of the Grinch hoax as a reason to not believe insiders makes literally zero sense.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
And do we really have to mention again how no insiders knew about Joker? Now suddenly we are supposed to believe them 100% on two DLC characters when they couldn't even get the 1st DLC?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And do we really have to mention again how no insiders knew about Joker? Now suddenly we are supposed to believe them 100% on two DLC characters when they couldn't even get the 1st DLC?
Absence of information isn't information of absence. How many times does that need to be said?

My point is that they've never given out outright contradictory information, so to use the Grinch hoax as a reason to distrust insiders makes no sense because the insiders were right.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Regardless, I'm still not believing them until what they claim actually happens.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People, the quote feature exists. Please use it.
Regardless, I'm still not believing them until what they claim actually happens.
You mean like it did for Ice Climbers, Ridley, Snake, Simon, no Smash 4 cuts, Isabelle, Ken, and Incineroar? And how more and more signs are pointing to Erdrick?

The insider information has proven to be reliable thus far.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Absence of information isn't information of absence. How many times does that need to be said?

My point is that they've never given out outright contradictory information, so to use the Grinch hoax as a reason to distrust insiders makes no sense because the insiders were right.
And even then a lot of people said it was fake. because some of us, me included, didn't look at the obvious hints it was fake. You really didn't need to be an insider to guess it to be fake. Our fault for thinking 5 new characters were coming right after Sakurai said don't expect a lot of newcomers and they were going to slow down reveals.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
People, the quote feature exists. Please use it.

You mean like it did for Ice Climbers, Ridley, Snake, Simon, no Smash 4 cuts, Isabelle, Ken, and Incineroar? And how more and more signs are pointing to Erdrick?

The insider information has proven to be reliable thus far.
So I should just take everything they say as 100% fact?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And even then a lot of people said it was fake. because some of us, me included, didn't look at the obvious hints it was fake. You really didn't need to be an insider to guess it to be fake. Our fault for thinking 5 new characters were coming right after Sakurai said don't expect a lot of newcomers and they were going to slow down reveals.
I think we're arguing two separate things here. I'm saying that the Grinch hoax shouldn't be used as ammunition to not trust insiders, which is what was being stated.

So I should just take everything they say as 100% fact?
At the very least you should listen to it, as thus far they've proven to be reliable. But regardless, the Grinch hoax is absolutely not a reason to distrust insiders.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
At the very least you should listen to it, as thus far they've proven to be reliable. But regardless, the Grinch hoax is absolutely not a reason to distrust insiders.
I suppose. I guess I'm just tired in general of what feels like constant leaks, rumors, and apparent insider information that just causes everyone headaches over certain characters being in over others.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I suppose. I guess I'm just tired in general of what feels like constant leaks, rumors, and apparent insider information that just causes everyone headaches over certain characters being in over others.
That I can definitely get, haha. Hectic times, and all.

Okay, but the only leaker who has actually proven to be credible regarding Smash is Vergeben, and he has yet to concede that Steve is in Smash. The only thing he’s ever said is that there will be “Minecraft content” in Smash. He admits that Steve could possibly end up playable, but he has not heard anything from any of his reliable sources.

The only people claiming Steve will be playable is Hitagi, who has 0 track record for Smash leaks, and Xenother, who just seems to regurgitate everything Hitagi says.

It’s also worth noting that none of these leakers have talked about Smash for several weeks now, probably since December.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Vergeben is the only insider I take any word from as credible and he's been quiet about the DLC as far as I can tell. He probably doesn't know much about it...

Joker and Pirahna Plant both came out of nowhere that's Sakurai -2 Insiders-0.. though there was that post they found after PPs announcement that had leaked him but it went way under the radar. As far as I'm concerned insider's aren't too privy to what the DLC is.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
At the end of the day, Base game and DLC are 2 completely different beasts. Saks himself said the dev team for DLC was much smaller so leaks are way less likely. Base game is out, to me all insiders are wiped clean and none have a solid track record. Not even Vergie-burgie. Plus how do we know if these insiders and leakers can be trusted to differentiate similar information. Case in point, Verge may have gotten botched info about his Minecraft claim due to his source confusing the Cubivore pig as Minecraft content. Faced with this, he might be trying to save face and make open ended statements to give himself a backdoor to backtrack through. Even if he is to be believed, he did not deconfirm Banjo-kazooie or back Steve to any real degree. If he was so sure he'd back Steve 100%. This meely mouthed nonsense and dancing around the issue just shows that he knows nothing of DLC. Still waiting on that Minecraft boss and Radditz to be included in fighters too.

sm0ke

Smash Cadet
NNID
AwesomeTeen
3DS FC
3351-4136-9511
I don't know if this is good or bad but apparently the Rare spirits are still in the code as of the Plant update.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Case in point, Verge may have gotten botched info about his Minecraft claim due to his source confusing the Cubivore pig as Minecraft content.
Cubivore Pig’s spirit is just named “pig” so perhaps that’s were the confusion may have came from if it turns out there’s actually no Minecraft content.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I don't know if this is good or bad but apparently the Rare spirits are still in the code as of the Plant update.
Those were packed in the cartridge so those cannot be removed. I don't think it's bad or good or leads to anything.

https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1091187968394579968

One thing that can lead to something is that some of the animation files that were for Bowser Jr are in the Plant folder. If the dataminer is correct then the Devs used Bowser Jr as a base to make Plant. It makes sense due to both plant and Bowser Jr being similar.

I bring this up because who were the characters that were messed with when 2.0.0 dropped that caused massive data corruptions? Duck Hunt and Mii Swordsmen. Why those two specifically? Guess who else resembles Duck Hunt? Banjo and Kazooie. Who else could only work as a Mii Swordsmen? Steve. Duck Hunt was changed in the update, but Swordfighter was not. I just find it it strange how it was these two characters who caused such a glitch in the code.

Unless this was just one massive coincidence I feel like this could lead to something for our duo. Im not about to jump up and claim "They're in!" , but this did raise an eyebrow for me. Take this with salt lads, don't lose faith.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't understand this train of thought.

The Grinch Hoax made the credible leakers dismiss it immediately, and the fiasco only started because people didn't trust them. If anything, the Grinch hoax gives reason to listen to insiders, not dismiss them.
Remember when all the insiders said Shovel Knight and Inklings were coming as DLC in Smash For? Or how everyone believed wholeheartedly in Gematsu?

Hell even Vergeben's track record for Smash is spotty as ****.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
There could very well be something to the Mii Swordfighter/Duck Hunt Duo thing. Mii Swordfighter would be a good base for Erdrick after all.

It's always easier to start with SOMETHING than NOTHING. ZSS was used as a base for Bayonetta, for example. And Duck Hunt Duo would mechanically be the best place to start with Banjo as it's two entities working as a single fighter (it's not like Ice Climbers or Ros would work).

Remember when all the insiders said Shovel Knight and Inklings were coming as DLC in Smash For? Or how everyone believed wholeheartedly in Gematsu?

Hell even Vergeben's track record for Smash is spotty as ****.
No insiders ever said Inkling and Shovel Knight were coming to Smash 4, those were just characters that everybody wanted.

Those were packed in the cartridge so those cannot be removed. I don't think it's bad or good or leads to anything.

One thing that can lead to something is that some of the animation files that were for Bowser Jr are in the Plant folder. If the dataminer is correct then the Devs used Bowser Jr as a base to make Plant. It makes sense due to both plant and Bowser Jr being similar.

I bring this up because who were the characters that were messed with when 2.0.0 dropped that caused massive data corruptions? Duck Hunt and Mii Swordsmen. Why those two specifically? Guess who else resembles Duck Hunt? Banjo and Kazooie. Who else could only work as a Mii Swordsmen? Steve. Duck Hunt was changed in the update, but Swordfighter was not. I just find it it strange how it was these two characters who caused such a glitch in the code.

Unless this was just one massive coincidence I feel like this could lead to something for our duo. Im not about to jump up and claim "They're in!" , but this did raise an eyebrow for me. Take this with salt lads, don't lose faith.
Erdrick could also fit the Mii Swordfighter

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes they very much did.
Context is important in the case of Shovel Knight. At the time of the claim, Smash was the only Amiibo line and there were rumblings of a Shovel Knight amiibo among insiders. It was wrong, but it's easy to see where there was validity to the "Shovel Knight is in Smash" train of thought.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Context is important in the case of Shovel Knight. At the time of the claim, Smash was the only Amiibo line and there were rumblings of a Shovel Knight amiibo among insiders. It was wrong, but it's easy to see where there was validity to the "Shovel Knight is in Smash" train of thought.
I honestly didn't believe the whole "Shovel Knight in Smash because Smash amiibo only" thing.

Simply because the Mario and Splatoon sets were already out when the rumors started.

Yes they very much did.
I mean, I was there for the entire Smash 4 cycle, and I do not remember any insiders claiming Shovel Knight was coming. Everyone wanted him, and there was tons of speculation because of that amiibo and such, but there were no Vergebens or Hitagis going around claiming Shovel Knight was coming

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Regardless of WHY they thought it to be true, the insiders all banded together on the assertion that it was true when it wasn't. Insider's aren't all-knowing.

Regardless of WHY they thought it to be true, the insiders all banded together on the assertion that it was true when it wasn't. Insider's aren't all-knowing.
And as much as they can have correct information, they can also have false information. Vergeben has gotten tons wrong on other games

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It was literally one, maybe two insiders saying Shovel Knight was in. It was hardly all of them.

And even then, you know who didn't back it? Vergeben.

But that's beside the point, which was that distrusting insiders because of the Grinch is dumb.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

okay this makes sense since it seems Plant Gang's leader may have had some of Bowser Jr.'s params still.

I'd be disappointed in no Steve (Mii Swordfighter is most-likely Erdrick), but I'd still love Banjo-Kazooie's inclusion (I pretty much want either one if we can't have both).

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If Banjo gets in with Steve all my bias would be completely gone. It would be Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
if they build banjo off duck hunt it would make for a lot of banjo is a duck hunt memes even more & they would be half right then lol

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
He might not be as tall, but he is really close.
Gang. I think we have a mystery on our hands.

Top Bottom