• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Come on man, no offense ,But You gotta quit flip flopping so much, I see certain fans on this thread who believe in certain leakers and then go "I give up, I'm outta here, It's not happening, Good bye" being all dramatic and then retracting their statement shortly afterwards like nothing happened, Kind of annoying.
It's not healthy to eat gullible soup every day, really.

Not sure if this would tilt things in our favor, but apparently, the Let’s Go games are getting Spirits as post launch content.

For those who can’t see the image, those are spirits of Pikachu and Eevee in their Let’s Go forms.

So would this damper or strengthen the Rare spirits arguments?
Ah ha!

This may help, since people have been assuming the incoming DLC characters would come with their own spirits. This will blur the line between confirmed and deconfirmed characters even further.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Sort of unrelated, but Eevee as a character would be super amazing too, haha. I've always loved the Eeveelutions, so if they somehow tied in elemental moves into an Eevee, pretty sure that'd be my new main.

I know it'll never happen, but still, hah.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It's not healthy to eat gullible soup every day, really.

Ah ha!

This may help, since people have been assuming the incoming DLC characters would come with their own spirits. This will blur the line between confirmed and deconfirmed characters even further.
I think this is great for us, it shows that spirits can and absolutely are being added as DLC despite reports otherwise that said the character DLC was pretty much it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Sort of unrelated, but Eevee as a character would be super amazing too, haha. I've always loved the Eeveelutions, so if they somehow tied in elemental moves into an Eevee, pretty sure that'd be my new main.

I know it'll never happen, but still, hah.
Yeah, at best I'd expect Eevee for the next game, and that's IF they're not passed over for a Gen 8 Pokémon.

Also, the Tamagotchi-exclusive evolution as a FS.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Eevee > Incinaroar

IDK I don't think we will get eevee this or next game TBH we seam to just get 1 new pokemon rep if even & its usually a character GF wants to push for the newist at the time gen, last new pokemon character that was not a promo character was pokemon trainer in brawl .

PLUS now we know spirits are going to be added later as free or even promotinal DLC since you need to play the games to get pikachu & eevee so this opens the door to more content then just the fighters pass

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think that's the biggest takeaway from the Let's Go spirits is that there is going to be DLC other than just the Fighter's Pass, free or otherwise. Which imo is only a good thing.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
So if DLC characters can bring in Spirits, who do you guys think Banjo-Kazooie could bring in and how would they be represented in their Spirit Battles?
I think Banjo-Kazooie would bring the Star Twins from Jet Force Gemini and one of the characters from Blast Corps on account that those are actually in the game code already, hah.

But that aside, I think it'd be neat to see Mumbo or Jinjos, haha.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
I think that's the biggest takeaway from the Let's Go spirits is that there is going to be DLC other than just the Fighter's Pass, free or otherwise. Which imo is only a good thing.
All mainline Nintendo games have been getting free DLC, their CEO has been adament about keeping their games alive with free content and paid content to extend lifespans of games.

Smash is huge and can practically survive the entire Switchs lifespan itself if content is consistent, which indicates to me that a potential Wave 2 is feasible, not only that and spirits being free content, but also Boss Battles either as free content or accompanying with DLC, and since echoes were explicitly stated as not part of DLC, maybe even free echo fighters.

Why stop at just the few added in the base game when more can be added consistently to keep interest high throughout the games lifespan and also keep interest in between DLC packs releasing.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
So if DLC characters can bring in Spirits, who do you guys think Banjo-Kazooie could bring in and how would they be represented in their Spirit Battles?
I feel like they'd bring in not just other Banjo Kazooie characters but a slew of Rare characters too... unfortunately, my rare knowledge ends with Banjo, DK, Conker, and the Battle Toads, so I can't really speak on it.

I suppose we could have a spirits battle with three greninja that favor following up jab combos with smash attacks for Battle Toads, but i'm stumped on other spirit battles.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I feel like they'd bring in not just other Banjo Kazooie characters but a slew of Rare characters too... unfortunately, my rare knowledge ends with Banjo, DK, Conker, and the Battle Toads, so I can't really speak on it.

I suppose we could have a spirits battle with three greninja that favor following up jab combos with smash attacks for Battle Toads, but i'm stumped on other spirit battles.
Yeah I definitely could see some more Rare spirits, the ones I had in mind were Battletoads (probably just like your idea), Conker (represented by either Fox or Villager) and Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark (as ZSS)

I think Banjo-Kazooie would bring the Star Twins from Jet Force Gemini and one of the characters from Blast Corps on account that those are actually in the game code already, hah.

Definitely see those two later ones but I’m having trouble figuring out who they’d be possessing in battle.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus

Actually, "Star Twins" and "BlastDozer" are the names of the franchises in Japan, not the names of the characters or vehicles in the games. So what's in the code, is actually just the franchise names, perhaps even placeholder folders for when and if individual Spirits from those franchises get added in.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Some spirit's I can see coming along with Banjo-Kazooie are Mumbo, Grunty, Bottles, the JFG Twins, Joanna Dark, Taj the elephant, Tip Tup the turtle, Wizpig, Tee Tee, maybe a few Viva Pinata and Kameo spirit's as well to get the exclusive MS stuff in there.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I could be wrong, but I feel like the DLC fighters won't be added to World of Light, so I'm not sure there'll be spirit fights specifically there?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well yeah, they’d likely just appear on the Spirit Board
Kind of like how Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf were not involved with the story in Subspace Emissary, but you find them in hidden rooms and fight them so they could join your party.

Fun fact: the reason Jigglypuff, Toon Link, and Wolf were not involved with the story of Subspace Emissary is because they were the last characters added into Brawl and were made within 2 to 3 months before the game's release.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I could be wrong, but I feel like the DLC fighters won't be added to World of Light, so I'm not sure there'll be spirit fights specifically there?
While I doubt it's likely, I would love a brief side story/extra map for WoL with the 5 ticket fighters + PP + New spirits/Bosses ala Hyrule Warriors. That would be ideal.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
A great Rare Spirit battle if even possible would be James Bond with Snake as his fighter. Bonus points if the spirit DLC came with an alt for Snake that gave him a tux.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
A great Rare Spirit battle if even possible would be James Bond with Snake as his fighter. Bonus points if the spirit DLC came with an alt for Snake that gave him a tux.
James Bond, probably not. Joanna Dark, though, would still work great for that. (We could argue ZSS for Joanna, but really Snake reflects her actual kit more accurately.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Unlock Pikachu And Eevee Spirits In Smash Bros. Ultimate With Your Pokémon: Let's Go Save Data

Well, what do you know, yet another Melee feature makes a comeback! I wonder how many other recent games will do this for Ultimate.

Well okay, it's a faster way to unlock spirits that are already in game, but still.

Yeah I definitely could see some more Rare spirits, the ones I had in mind were Battletoads (probably just like your idea), Conker (represented by either Fox or Villager) and Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark (as ZSS)

Definitely see those two later ones but I’m having trouble figuring out who they’d be possessing in battle.
I could see them toss in the snake from Snake Rattle 'N Roll, Sabreman and even Kuros from Wizards and Warriors.

Last edited:

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Would a Resident Evil character be fun if they didn't have realistic firearms or overly violent movesets? (Which I'm almost sure won't make it into Smash.). I've played some RE games but without their guns and violent zombie killing, the characters seem pretty boring. They work in MvC but that game has a bit higher of an ESRB rating. But hey, I'd be cool with them.
Yeah, I don't think a RE character would work, because their main attacking system in their game are guns. And we know realistic guns in Smash is a no-no. They'd have to make up a big part of the moveset. Snake works because he's a close quarter's combat fighter, and on top of that he has devices such as explosives, mines, etc. I know for example Leon Kennedy has some fighting abilities in their games too, but not too iconic. And they could add a couple moves with his knife. But like... What would even be Leon's recovery?

A RE character could probably keep some weapons, since Snake gets rocket launchers and Bayonetta gets to keep her guns. But at the same time who knows, I doubt we actually get a RE rep.
Bayonetta's guns can get away with it because they're "magical guns" and shoot magic bullets, I think. I'm not sure about Snake's RPG or Nikita launcher, maybe those being more like military/explosive weapons are different. I assume the point of not having regular guns on kid-friendly games is so kids don't try to seek accessible civilian weapons to emulate the characters. But I don't know much about this topic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, I don't think a RE character would work, because their main attacking system in their game are guns. And we know realistic guns in Smash is a no-no. They'd have to make up a big part of the moveset. Snake works because he's a close quarter's combat fighter, and on top of that he has devices such as explosives, mines, etc. I know for example Leon Kennedy has some fighting abilities in their games too, but not too iconic. And they could add a couple moves with his knife. But like... What would even be Leon's recovery?

Bayonetta's guns can get away with it because they're "magical guns" and shoot magic bullets, I think. I'm not sure about Snake's RPG or Nikita launcher, maybe those being more like military/explosive weapons are different. I assume the point of not having regular guns on kid-friendly games is so kids don't try to seek accessible civilian weapons to emulate the characters. But I don't know much about this topic.
Even the Metal Slug crew is more viable, since they have a ton of varied weapons they can use and still ditch one or two in the process, and some of those aren't remotely realistic to begin with. Not to mention that Metal Slug's presentation is cartoonish.

RE characters are better suited for Marvel Vs. Capcom.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Another thing helping Bayonetta's case: any kid dumb enough to try to use their feet to fire a gun is not going to be kept away from catastrophic misadventures by anything short of a straightjacket.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Banjoroos, something the regular Geno thread insider brought up might inspire a little confidence:

Because no one has gotten it right, yes, I was talking about a character yesterday. I will also say that, based on what is known, there's very little evidence for "shill" characters as DLC right now. There's a lot of unknowns still but I think fans can be assured that, from how things are looking right now, there might be one but there's reasonable doubt.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Can we get a little more context for this?
Basically, if I understand correctly, he's saying that a character that boomers will like and zoomers wouldn't care about has been included. A character that older fans will appreciate to see them come back, and be encouraged to return to Smash for the character in question. Also, the character isn't too actively wanted.

Last edited:
Basically, if I understand correctly, he's saying that a character that boomers will like and zoomers wouldn't care about has been included. A character that older fans will appreciate to see them come back, and be encouraged to return to Smash for the character in question. Also, the character isn't too actively wanted.
Ahh gotcha, cool. Is this like an insider or someone who would actually know that type of info? I thought the latest word was that nobody really has inside info about the dlc

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ahh gotcha, cool. Is this like an insider or someone who would actually know that type of info? I thought the latest word was that nobody really has inside info about the dlc
Very few reliable people know what's going on, and those who are part of PolarPanda PolarPanda 's circle (including Fatmanonice Fatmanonice ) are in the know and have a trust agreement set up.

I can say that nobody's able to guess who it is so far. :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Have they said it’s not Geno or Banjo? Those are the only two that come to my mind
They haven't confirmed or denied. At the moment, everyone's asking specific questions to Fatman regarding the character (is their franchise active, do they have a support thread that didn't get much activity, etc) to try and narrow it down without compromising him.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
If no one was able to guess it, and people guessed Banjo, why is that something positive for us? Haha. Or do you mean it's positive overall because he was saying that the DLC is more fan oriented and not advertisement oriented?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
More fan oriented, I'll leave this here:

Shill in the sense that their only purpose in the game is to sell a particular game ala Roy or Corrin. One character might go in this direction but that's it as of now. There's a large amount of confidence in 2 of the 5, with confidence jumping to 4 depending on who you talk to.

Because I know people are pulling their hair out because of it, I will say that the Minecraft evidence is really ambiguous. Unless there's evidence that's being kept tight under wraps by certain people, it largely boils down to how much people trust the word of mouth of their sources. An incident that happened earlier this cycle also has people casting strong doubts but it also begs the question of what those people saw that gave them such strong confidence in their statements.
So no one really knows for sure what the Minecraft content entails. Now someone is outright asking him if he thinks Steve is in.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Well, anything saying the DLC is more fan oriented is good by me. I didn't think we'd get more than 1-2 advertisement characters anyway, but who knows.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Have they said it’s not Geno or Banjo? Those are the only two that come to my mind
I've heard Geno from my NoA contact, but he's only heard Geno as an office rumor, not full on confirmation. That's why I'm hesitant to say Geno is definitely DLC, but I feel like he has a good shot for that reason.

Banjo I've heard absolutely nothing about, even from other contacts. As you may know, I'm actively friends with Xenother, and I can tell you he hasn't either.

Top Bottom